Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hi guys,

I recently made an IV Breeding Probability Calculator for Pokemon X/Y:
http://destinyknot.tk/

It calculates the probability of getting a certain IV spread when given 2 parent spreads. It's a very simple interface where you just check mark the boxes that are supposed to be 31's. I compared the calculator's results to Sproket's tables and it seem to give the same numbers. The calculator doesn't have support for Power Items yet though. Hopefully some IV breeders can find this useful!
Wow this is great Agnaktor! \o/ thank you thank you thank you!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Hi guys,

It calculates the probability of getting a certain IV spread when given 2 parent spreads. It's a very simple interface where you just check mark the boxes that are supposed to be 31's. I compared the calculator's results to Sproket's tables and it seem to give the same numbers. The calculator doesn't have support for Power Items yet though. Hopefully some IV breeders can find this useful!
Well done! This is insanely useful.

So assuming I use a power item on one pokemon and a destiny knot on the other, is there a chance either of the parents nature is passed down at all? I ask because the egg produced had the same nature as the male holding destiny knot and I don't wanna toss it up as luck.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
According to last gen's mechanics, you had to have the everstone equipped to ensure that you would pass down the nature of the parent holding it. I assume that it's the same this gen and that you just got lucky :)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So assuming I use a power item on one pokemon and a destiny knot on the other, is there a chance either of the parents nature is passed down at all? I ask because the egg produced had the same nature as the male holding destiny knot and I don't wanna toss it up as luck.
Luck has everything to do with it. Since there are 25 natures you have a 1/25 shot of getting the correct nature without using an Everstone. Not outside the realm of possibility, but definitely not recommended if you can avoid it.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hi guys,

One thing I find very interesting after looking at this calculator is this:

#1. Breeding parents 31/31/31/x/31/31 and 31/31/31/x/31/31
IV Spread Distrubution (no modifiers)
IV SpreadChance
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 0.5208%
31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / 31 18.7500%

#2. Breeding parents 31/31/31/x/31/31 and 31/31/31/31/31/31
IV SpreadChance
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 1.8229%

31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / 31 17.4479%

#3. Breeding parents 31/31/31/31/31/31 and 31/31/31/31/31/31
IV SpreadChance
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 3.1250%

31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / 31 16.1458%

so if I understand this correctly, this means that it is more efficient to breed #1's parents to get 31/31/31/xx/31/31 than #2 and #3, right?

One thing I find very interesting after looking at this calculator is this:

#1. Breeding parents 31/31/31/x/31/31 and 31/31/31/x/31/31
IV SpreadChance
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 0.5208%
31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / 31 18.7500%

#2. Breeding parents 31/31/31/x/31/31 and 31/31/31/31/31/31
IV SpreadChance
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 1.8229%

31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / 31 17.4479%

#3. Breeding parents 31/31/31/31/31/31 and 31/31/31/31/31/31
IV SpreadChance
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 3.1250%

31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / 31 16.1458%

so if I understand this correctly, this means that it is more efficient to breed #1's parents to get 31/31/31/xx/31/31 than #2 and #3, right?
Not really. the chance of getting 31/31/31/x/31/31 OR BETTER remains the same in each case. The only difference is the ratio between chance of flawless vs. chance of perfect. I would say you're better off going for the higher flawless chance. No matter what, in all 3 cases, you have a 19.2708% chance of getting 31/31/31/x/31/31 or better.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Not really. the chance of getting 31/31/31/x/31/31 OR BETTER remains the same in each case. The only difference is the ratio between chance of flawless vs. chance of perfect. I would say you're better off going for the higher flawless chance. No matter what, in all 3 cases, you have a 19.2708% chance of getting 31/31/31/x/31/31 or better.
hmm ok that makes since, cuz even tho the chance of getting perfect w/ perfect parents is higher than with flawless parents, the chance you could get a flawless w/ flawless parents makes up for it. thanks!

Ok, so im aiming for a 5 iv ferrothorn (IVs all maxed except speed) and so after awhile of breeding, Ive gotten a 4 iv'd ferroseed (31/31x/31/31/x). Now im trying to get a ferroseed with Def and whatever else ivs I can get to increase chance. So should I breed a ferroseed with as many other max Ivs I can get or does it matter? Also, once I do get desired Def ferroseed, should I use power item when breeding it with 4 Iv'd ferroseed? Thanks in advance

Ok, so im aiming for a 5 iv ferrothorn (IVs all maxed except speed) and so after awhile of breeding, Ive gotten a 4 iv'd ferroseed (31/31x/31/31/x). Now im trying to get a ferroseed with Def and whatever else ivs I can get to increase chance. So should I breed a ferroseed with as many other max Ivs I can get or does it matter? Also, once I do get desired Def ferroseed, should I use power item when breeding it with 4 Iv'd ferroseed? Thanks in advance
Unless you don't care about nature, you're usually best off breeding without the power item after the initial stages.

If you have it, I would breed your Ferrothorn with something else in the egg group that has at least 31/31/31/31/31/x. If not, just make sure that whatever you breed it with has 31 in Defense and as many other IVs as possible Sooner or later, you'll hatch a perfect 5-IV Ferrothorn baby. If that Ferrothorn baby is female, you can replace your current Ferrothorn with it to streamline the process in the future.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Okay. I only have 1 female clauncher with 3 perfect IV's at the moment. I've been trying to breed her with some of my 5 IV male binacles I have, but so far it's been a bad match no matter who I put with her (don't seem to like each other). How do I make them produce eggs quicker? I have a decent male clauncher, but he only has 4 good IV's.

Okay. I only have 1 female clauncher with 3 perfect IV's at the moment. I've been trying to breed her with some of my 5 IV male binacles I have, but so far it's been a bad match no matter who I put with her (don't seem to like each other). How do I make them produce eggs quicker? I have a decent male clauncher, but he only has 4 good IV's.
They will be more likely to produce eggs with Pokemon obtained through trade, especially internationally, or through Pokemon of the same species.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
They will be more likely to produce eggs with Pokemon obtained through trade, especially internationally, or through Pokemon of the same species.
So you're saying that no matter what male (binacle) I put in there with her, they will ALWAYS hate each other??

So you're saying that no matter what male I put in there with her, they will ALWAYS hate each other??
Not at all. Say for example, I trade you a male Binacle. Since that Binacle as a different OT, my male Binacle would get along better with your female Clauncher than your current Binacle does. If my Binacle was in a different language, they would get along even better than if I just gave you a same-language Binacle. Lastly, if you breed your female Clauncher with a male Clauncher, they are the same species, so they will get along as well.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Ok. I think I was just getting unlucky with these claunchers. I managed to get a 5 IV female (flawless in everything but defense). I have a 3 IV male that is flawless in HP, defense and speed so I put them together. Even if I give the female the knot the male still has a chance to pass down the defense IV's correct?.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So you're saying that no matter what male (binacle) I put in there with her, they will ALWAYS hate each other??
Egg ratios spawn rates are something like this:

Same OT, different species: 20% every 256 steps
Same OT, same species: 50% every 256 steps
Different OT, different species: 50% every 256 steps
Different OT, same species: 70% every 256 steps

Getting the Oval Charm increases the ratios to 40%, 80%, 80%, 88%

So the fastest way to produce eggs is to have two Pokemon of the same species but different OTs, and to get the Oval Charm.

Last edited:
So wait...With all curent changes to breeding, it's actually possible to breed flawless shiny pokemon through somewhat reasonable means?

I was wondering this since I obtained a japanese goomy with decent eggmoves and 31 sp def, and I wondered if I could breed a shiny one with good IV's.

Last edited:

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So wait...With all curent changes to breeding, it's actually possible to breed flawless shiny pokemon through somewhat reasonable means?

I was wondering this since I obtained a japanese goomy with decent eggmoves and 31 sp def, and I wondered if I could breed a shiny one with good IV's.
Shiny? Not so much unless you use this. But flawless can be done without even looking at an IV calculator.

i feel like i am just the worst breeder out there.. i am quickly losing interest in this stuff. i have a 3IV protean male froakie in with a 3IV ditto, the ditto is HP, Atk, and Def, and the froakie is HP, Atk, and Speed. I will eventually get a 4IV froakie, correct?

i feel like i am just the worst breeder out there.. i am quickly losing interest in this stuff. i have a 3IV protean male froakie in with a 3IV ditto, the ditto is HP, Atk, and Def, and the froakie is HP, Atk, and Speed. I will eventually get a 4IV froakie, correct?
Correct. Eventually (after enough tries) you will get one with 31/31/31/x/x/31.

One way to greatly increase the speed of breeding is to get a female (Froakie, in this case), regardless of IVs, and then breed it with a father in the same egg group (Water 1 and Water 3 for Froakie) that has 5 or 6 perfect IVs.

Froakie is hard to breed though, because it has a 87.5%/12.5% male/female ratio.

Correct. Eventually (after enough tries) you will get one with 31/31/31/x/x/31.

One way to greatly increase the speed of breeding is to get a female (Froakie, in this case), regardless of IVs, and then breed it with a father in the same egg group (Water 1 and Water 3 for Froakie) that has 5 or 6 perfect IVs.

Froakie is hard to breed though, because it has a 87.5%/12.5% male/female ratio.
are my chances better doing the HP, Atk, Speed froakie with a Def and SpDef ditto? to get to a 4IV mon

are my chances better doing the HP, Atk, Speed froakie with a Def and SpDef ditto? to get to a 4IV mon
Breeding with the first Ditto, you have a 9.3750% chance per egg to hatch a 4-IV Froakie.

Breeding with the second Ditto, that chance is reduced (slightly) to 8.3822% per egg. So no, you're better off breeding with the first Ditto.

This calculator should tell you everything you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)