Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Ice]
4 SpA Life Orb Technician Breloom Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 286-338 (80.7 - 95.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 42-49 (11.8 - 13.8%) -- possible 8HKO
That amounts too 92.5 - 109.2%, which has ~62.5% to KO Gliscor with this combo. This is a huge feat, I know that Hidden Power [Ice] seems gimmicky, but it is technically an Ice Beam after Technician, making it perfectly viable imho. This set has tons of merit imo, I'm planning on making a team around it very soon! Or, Hidden Power [Fire]:
4 SpA Life Orb Technician Breloom Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Forretress: 343-406 (96.8 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Finish off Forretress with Mach Punch
4 SpA Life Orb Technician Breloom Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 203-239 (57.6 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Killed off with Mach Punch after being hit on the switch.
4 SpA Life Orb Technician Breloom Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 151-179 (45.2 - 53.5%) -- 1.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
So yeah, Breloom still cannot get through Skarmory very well, but with prior damage it can hope for a 2HKO, with SR:
4 SpA Life Orb Technician Breloom Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 151-179 (45.2 - 53.5%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
See, that's better.
really like this set have been running it and has been good against gliscor also flame-thrower niovern.

As good as its offensive sets are, I think Breloom stands out on stall teams as well. Even though it has NU-worthy defensive stats (60/80/60) and a weird typing that gives it six weaknesses (one 4x to Flying), that same typing gives it six resistances to common attacking types: EdgeQuake (Rock and Ground), Water (Scald doesn't scare it if Poison Heal is activated), Electric, Grass, and Dark (an up-and-coming attacking type). The last is especially of note: because of Knock Off being everywhere this generation, being almost immune to its side effect gives Breloom a niche on stall teams of not needing an item without taking up a Mega slot or needing to resort to Sticky Hold (which has REALLY BAD users). It's also immune to status once Poison Heal is up. In short, giving Breloom a switch-in AT ALL lets it set up shop and sit on the field taking little or no damage all day.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
ability: Poison Heal
nature: Careful
IVs: 236 HP / 252 SpDef / 20 Speed
- Spore
- Leech Seed
- Protect / Substitute
- Drain Punch / Focus Punch

A relic from the past and underused in Generation V. Grass-types kinda sit on this set, so support to take those things out is greatly appreciated, but since stall teams are less concerned with individual match-ups than overall team synergy, Breloom fits right in. The combination of Poison Heal, Protect, Leech Seed, and Drain Punch heal back surprising amounts of damage, while SubPunch boasts monstrous power even when uninvested because of STAB and 130 base Attack backing a 150 BP move. You can also mix things up with SubDP if you don't mind the risk of taking damage or Protect + Focus Punch if you're good at predicting, but they aren't quite as effective and don't fit the safer playstyle associated with these sets. You can also run Impish with 252 EVs in Defense instead.

Thanks, I was using that set but wanted to know if it was considered peculiar
choice band breloom is more rare because it has great moves like spore, leech seed and swords dance. in addition to poison heal. it doesnt mean choice band set is bad, but imo it doesnt sport the bulk or the speed to run choice band. sure it hits really hard, but it can still hit hard with other sets and spread status or set up as well.

choice band breloom is more rare because it has great moves like spore, leech seed and swords dance. in addition to poison heal. it doesnt mean choice band set is bad, but imo it doesnt sport the bulk or the speed to run choice band. sure it hits really hard, but it can still hit hard with other sets and spread status or set up as well.
The main reason why I am running choice band, is because I wanted to use it as a comparison to Scizor. I have a whole team called "Breloom>Scizor." And why is because they both have the same attack stat and banded technician bullet punch from Scizor is devastating, so why not Breloom banded technician mach punch? But I do agree with you on non choiced set better.

One small nitpick about the Scarf set. It's worth pointing out that Talonflame out-speeds Breloom with Brave Bird unless you use Mach Punch, and even this move is dependent on nature.

One small nitpick about the Scarf set. It's worth pointing out that Talonflame out-speeds Breloom with Brave Bird unless you use Mach Punch, and even this move is dependent on nature.
I'd assume that (if not sashed) no one would be stupid enough to come/stay in on Talonflame with Breloom, Talonflame can't actually come in safely on Breloom as it fears Spore and Rock Tomb.

That being said I don't think running scarf Breloom has any merit, it has the strongest fighting priority in the entire game and as pointed out can't make use of its nice movepool when choiced.

Nickos

Quack
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Breloom´s Spore can easily be walled by a grass type or by a pokémon with Magic Bounce... As Mitch said,running a Choice Scarf Breloom is just useless.

Though Rock Slide can fail sometimes... It is almost guaranteed to OHKO talonflame...

Breloom is a good substitute for Mega Lucario (In case it gets banned). Make sure you have something to counter Talonflame or Mega Pinsir. Rotom-W does the job nicely. One more important niche for Breloom this gen is that Hidden Power gets Technician boost. So you can run HP Ice and still get away with that abysmal SpA.

Generally speaking, Choice Band Scizor isbetter than CB Breloom. Breloom doesn't have the speed to be able to use any moves reliably besides mach punch, and it doesn't have the bulk to invest in HP and survive decently powerful hits.

My Breloom is being rejected by showdown because "- Breloom has moves incompatible with its ability."

I've been running this set for like a month, whats the deal?

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Personally I have been using this set:

Breloom @ Focus Sash
IVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
- Spore
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- Stone Edge

Focus Sash + Spore to stop sweepers who have already setup.
Of course I miss the extra coverage. But the ease of prediction and prevention of status due to Substitute is too good to pass up.
Also with Breloom's high Atk stat and PuP boosts, the damage outputs are good even when resisted.

Personally I have been using this set:

Breloom @ Focus Sash
IVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
- Spore
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- Stone Edge

Focus Sash + Spore to stop sweepers who have already setup.
Of course I miss the extra coverage. But the ease of prediction and prevention of status due to Substitute is too good to pass up.
Also with Breloom's high Atk stat and PuP boosts, the damage outputs are good even when resisted.
Rock Tomb is a much more accurate and useful move on Breloom than Stone Edge considering the power is only 10 less after technician, Power-Up Punch is kinda useless when you got no move to sweep with, and not running Mach Punch on TechLoom is a crime imo.

Substitute is more of a thing on Poison Heal Breloom and best used with Focus Punch, Focus Sash + Substitute makes no sense.

Rock Tomb is a much more accurate and useful move on Breloom than Stone Edge considering the power is only 10 less after technician, Power-Up Punch is kinda useless when you got no move to sweep with, and not running Mach Punch on TechLoom is a crime imo.

Substitute is more of a thing on Poison Heal Breloom and best used with Focus Punch, Focus Sash + Substitute makes no sense.
I agree with some of the things you said.
Stone Edge was a brainfart. I believe I used Rock Tomb (or was it Rock Slide?) on my actual set.
Toxic Orb + Poison Heal is very legit. In fact I use this on some of my teams.
I use Sash + Spore because I needed a contingency plan against set-up sweepers (on teams which I don't run ditto).
I think the lack of priority in Mach Punch is somewhat mitigated by Substitute.
Personally I never intended to sweep with this set. I consider Breloom's mission accomplished if he killed one or two mons and dent one more before dying.

With Mega Luc and Gene gone, Breloom has more space to use it's power.
I've seen so much Sash Breloom and 252 Spe / 252 HP poison heal brelooms actually.

I use this set
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
IVs: 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
-Spore
-Substitute
-Low Sweep
-Facade

Counters: If Pokemon even with one Low Sweep are still is faster than you (they will wake when executing low sweep or right after). Insomnia/Spore-immune Pokemon. Ghost pokemon.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
With Mega Luc and Gene gone, Breloom has more space to use it's power.
I've seen so much Sash Breloom and 252 Spe / 252 HP poison heal brelooms actually.
Focus Sash Breloom is seriously underrated right now. It seems like a lot of people have written Breloom off after the nerfs, but it's still an incredibly annoying Pokemon to face. It's an amazing lead and can often get you a fast start, thanks to Bullet Seed destroying opposing sash leads, and Spore shutting down most targets it can't KO (most notably Aegis). Rock Tomb is great on predicted switches to Mandibuzz or things like Lati@s, allowing you to get the jump on them and 2HKO with a bit of prior damage.

I've also seen a fair number of Poison Heal SubPunch Brelooms, but that set just doesn't seem effective in this fast-paced meta. Has anyone actually had any success with it?

Focus Sash Breloom is seriously underrated right now. It seems like a lot of people have written Breloom off after the nerfs, but it's still an incredibly annoying Pokemon to face. It's an amazing lead and can often get you a fast start, thanks to Bullet Seed destroying opposing sash leads, and Spore shutting down most targets it can't KO (most notably Aegis). Rock Tomb is great on predicted switches to Mandibuzz or things like Lati@s, allowing you to get the jump on them and 2HKO with a bit of prior damage.

I've also seen a fair number of Poison Heal SubPunch Brelooms, but that set just doesn't seem effective in this fast-paced meta. Has anyone actually had any success with it?
Not really, but I had success with a new gimmick.

Fling, with Dread Plate, I ran Fling / SD / Spore / Mach Punch

+2 252 Atk Dread Plate Breloom Fling (90 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 330-390 (101.8 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Jolly)
+2 252 Atk Dread Plate Breloom Fling (90 BP) vs. 220 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 472-556 (119.1 - 140.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Jolly)
252+ Atk Dread Plate Breloom Fling (90 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Trevenant: 326-384 (87.1 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO (Adamant)
+2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Breloom Fling (90 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 324-382 (86.6 - 102.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO (Adamant)

These are the pokemons that walled my Breloom so badly, and Breloom almost always baits them in

As for Latios and Latias, you have to predict them on the switch.

+2 252 Atk Dread Plate Breloom Fling (90 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 514-606 (170.1 - 200.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Dread Plate Breloom Fling (90 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 566-668 (187.4 - 221.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It actually worked out pretty well, and good old SD + Mach Punch is still good too.

As for the sash set, it basically checks every sweeper.

For example, Landorus uses Psychic and you use Rock Tomb, then you outspeed and use Bullet Seed.
Or he uses Psychic, you use Spore, he switches, you use Rock Tomb, and then KO the thing that he threw in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)