1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

If you only have one Pokemon on your side in Doubles, you cannot launch Helping Hand at all because you are unable to select a target. This means that if Helping Hand is your last move with PP, you are unable to move until the timer inevitably runs out. In reality this should lead to a "But it failed!" error.
  2. mesweepsta

mesweepsta

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
  3. piikachuu

piikachuu now with a scarf
    is a Contributor to Smogon

4. Quanyails

Quanyails
    is an Artistis a Community Contributor

I've had a few graphics bugs noted down for a while, but since I now have a bug to report that is non-aesthetic, I'll mention that alongside the graphics bugs.

I saw Mega Gengar being used in the CAP ladder: Is the CAP ladder not synched to OU's bans?

There we go. Onto graphics bugs:

Noticeably fast animations:
    • Minccino line
    • Crustle
    • Bouffalant
    • Cubchoo line
    • Bisharp
    Noticeably slow animations:
    • Sigilyph
    • Volcarona back
    Other:
    • Shiny Kyogre back still has a blue highlight dot, unfixed since my last mention
    • Hitmontop's back animation is missing outlines on a frame
    • Talonflame's animated sprite is blurry, even if the pokedex image is fine. I presume this is because the version used in games has different given dimensions than the ones saved, thus 'scaling' the image and making it look blurry
    • Cawmodore's static shiny has the same colors as its static normal ones (actual colors can be seen here)

In addition, I have some comments that are more suggestions than bugs (but I figure a single post here is better for info density):
    • May there be Fairy-type-specific attacking animations? It could be the normal white ball, but with some sparkles around it. Play Rough could have the same animation as Close Combat, but with sparkles instead of/alongside fists. :P
    • A Sticky Web graphic would be useful, as it's an entry hazard, but it does not have a graphic as other entry hazards do on PS!.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    The Immortal likes this.
  5. SL the Pyro

SL the Pyro

Not sure if this was reported yet or not, but Counter seems to be broken in Doubles; it seems to be randomly targeting.

1st Counter: my Chansey was supposed to Counter a Mamoswine's Earthquake, but it instead went for the opposing Kangaskhan (which protected itself).
    2nd Counter: The next turn Kangaskhan hit Chansey with Hammer Arm and Mamoswine attacked the partner Pokemon, but it Countered Mamoswine anyway (which still did damage and KO'd it).

Apparently the damage calculations for Counter are working fine, but it needs to be coded to hit the last Pokemon in the turn that hit the user with a physical move. Chansey would've KO'd two Pokemon and won me the match if it weren't for this.

This may or may not also apply to Mirror Coat.

Replay here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotdoublesbeta-70804942

(Stupid question: In the actual game, if Chansey's partner Pokemon hits it with a physical move last in the turn, does Chansey Counter the partner? Or does it prioritize and/or only Counter the opposing side? This may be relevant in fixing Counter's coding.)
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  6. Maniacr

Maniacr

I've had this happen quite a few times now. I'm winning and then I'm forced to lose because I can't do anything at all. I use a move but it says "waiting for opponent" and then the other player starts up the inactivity timer. Unfortunately by the time I notice that things aren't working the match has already ended and the other player has left. I've now lost I think 3 or 4 matches due to this issue. Glad to know I'm not the only one who has experienced it.
  7. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Doubles Co-Lead

Sky Drop is bugged in a couple ways:

-It should not damage flying/levitating pokemon. My Rotom-W was sky dropped two days ago and took damage, but it shouldn't
    -According to friends who play the cart (lucariojr), Sky Drop in Gen VI does not work on Pokemon that are heavier than the user.

Edit @level-51: that was fixed like ten months ago, is it broken again?
  8. Hawluchador

Hawluchador

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-vgc2014beta-71244897 < proof in this battle on Pokemonshowdown's main server that sky drop isn't working properly... also meowstic-f is apperently allowed in VGC 2014 because its not in kalos dex.. i figured it just wasn't programed correctly.. honestly the use of it is pretty dumb.. but its the fact that it's not added that bugs me. Please fix these as fast as you can. The sky drop one is more important to me as i use Hawlucha with sky drop in every battle and its making me want to forget about the server and play on my cartridge. I have a huge respect for the Pokmonshowdown website and have used it for nearly a year. It is just disheartening knowing i can't use my favorite pokemon the way i want to play with it.
  9. Hsdhzxbt

Hsdhzxbt

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/storm-pokebankoubeta-1214

Turn 27, I use Hyper Voice (a sound move) with my Mega Gardevoir, and it doesn't go through the substitute(which it normally should.) Mega Gardevoir has Pixilate, which turns normal moves to fairy type with a 33% increase in power, yet it still lists it as justified, but Hyper Voice was still Super Effective against Terrakion, which it normally would be with Pixilate.

Pic of Justified ability when it should be Pixilate:

[​IMG]
  10. ashiemore

ashiemore

11. Liarliarpantsonfire

Liarliarpantsonfire

Kangaskhan in fact doesn't learn Knock Off. It gets it on Showdown which is incorrect and should be fixed.

Source:
    http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/kangaskhan

I tested this myself ingame as well on Pokémon Platinum. This mistake has been going around various sites for years I'm assuming and nobody noticed until now. I got it fixed on Pokemon Online already too, hopefully Showdown will follow.
  12. effyouzion

effyouzion

On the RBY simulator, crits don't ignore reflect. In games, they do. You can test this by using Persian's slash against any Alakazam with reflect. It should do 70%+ despite the reflect, yet on showdown it only does 35% or so.
  13. The Immortal

The Immortal Administrator of Showdown!
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

Fixed.
  14. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

Intimidate Glitch - at the end of turn 26, both players brought in Landorus-T to replace their fainted Pokemon. In such a scenario (when both players bring out an Intimidate Pokemon after one of their Pokemon faints at the same time), the Landorus-T are sent out at the same time, so both Pokemon should take the Intimidate Attack drop. However, Showdown! makes one Landorus-T the "faster switch," protecting the slower Landorus-T from the Intimidate's attack drop.

please fix Zarel, Joim, The Immortal - it's a pretty big flaw in the mechanics that can affect the outcome of doubles / vgc games.
  15. Joim

Joim All promises become a lie, all that's bening corrups in time
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Pocket it's a known bug (and a difficult one to fix iirc), can you post it on my to-do list so I have it there when I'm back from holidays?
  16. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Doubles Co-Lead

Land's Wrath attacks both Pokemon in doubles (as it should), but still makes you choose a target when you select it, then attacks both. Doesn't affect the battle, but it is a low-priority bug.
  17. youngjake93

youngjake93

I can confirm all the doubles bugs that were posted here(I was battling against most of them when they were found).

Also, a more obscure bug related to Sky Drop is your opponent dying while you are in the air keeps you in the air and free to target whoever you want.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebanksmogondoublesbeta-71627128
    Proof
  18. Anty

Anty

This is just a visual glitch, but on both turn 10 and 11 my krookodile's ability turned to mummy, it might be a side affect from haze but im pretty sure its not

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5randombattle-71704598

edit: btw, im not a bad player, i stayed locked into pursuit cuz non of my team wanted to switch in and krook was death fodder

Edit2: unrelated:
    im not too sure whether this is a glitch or an incredible coincidence but lately, in randbats, ive been getting one pokemon the same as the opponent. This sounds like im a noob, but it sereously has been happening
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  19. Viett

Viett

This bug really confused me at first, but I think this is how it went down:
    1. Opponent switches in what I believe to be a Zorua, it takes the appearance of Rattata.
    2. I Whirlwind on the switch-in (same turn) and out comes what I believe to be the real Rattata.
    3. At this point, the opponent's team preview changes -- Minccino is now gone and he has a Zorua and two Rattatas.
    4. He swaps in Zorua -- it should take the appearance of Rattata once again, but Illusion does not activate.
    5. I Toxic Zorua and then Whirlwind it out.
    6. After some normal battling, he swaps Zorua (tox) back in. It takes the appearance of Rattata. I stall and defeat it.
    7. He swaps in his actual Rattata.
    He forfeits before we see what would happen if he swapped Minccino in, but I assume the preview would glitch again in some strange way.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-71790088
  20. Seiterman

Seiterman

I'm not 100% sure on this one, so if someone could clarify that'd be great. Using veekun didn't really give me an answer for this one.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-71830648

Turn 14- Opposing Kingdra uses Focus Energy, gains stat boost to crit ratio.
    Turn 15- My Imposter Ditto comes in, but unlike most stat changes does not copy the Focus Energy buff.

Do changes to crit ratio not count as stat changes in the same way standard boosts do, or is this a bug? If I get a chance later I'll try testing it in-game.
  21. Soulgazer

Soulgazer
    is a Pre-Contributor

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but PS! doesn't allow my Gen5 teams to use Custap Berry while it is released in Gen5.

[​IMG]
    Dat Blast and Qwilphish like this.
  22. kzhu98

kzhu98

23. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

24. Temporaryanonymous

Temporaryanonymous
    is a Battle Server Moderator

I checked the OP and searched for magic bounce, but didn't find anything relating to it. I'm also not sure if it's a real bug or intended. I've checked smogon and bulbapedia for more about it, but they're not very helpful.

Here's the situation: I got a choice scarf tricked onto my Xatu. Later in the game, I predict a thunder wave so I bring in Xatu to reflect it. Xatu is now choice-locked onto thunder wave despite me not using it. Is this a bug, or is this intended?
    [​IMG]
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-72465900
  25. davidzhu

davidzhu

In doubles, I used quick guard on one of my pokes and protect on the other, and since I was using a meowstic (prankster) for quick guard, it went first. When my other poke used protect after the quick guard, quick guard stopped the protect from working. Am I supposed to be able to protect myself from my own protect?

Turn 5: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014beta-72469465
    Project_Mars likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)