Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the VGC scene it is assumed, that the chance of double protecting is only 1/3 in Gen6. I tested it just to make sure and the result is, that it is very unlikely to be a 50% chance and likely to be 1/3. Would be great, if that could be changed in PokemonShowdown.
Here is a more detailed results: https://twitter.com/Dark_Psiana/status/562719518414610433
This is known since ages ago. Pokémon Showdown is already using the 1/3 chance for double protect.
Nice (I hope) statistical analysis though. I'll check it later!

In Smogon Triples, my opponent used Quash against my Mat Block using Greninja, which as I understand it, should have made Greninja move last no matter what. However, there didn't appear to be any difference at all.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-208656314

This is the first time I can ever remember seeing this move before, but the description makes me think Greninja should have been made useless on this turn.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Sorry, if it has been posted yet, but I couldn't find anything. In PS you can abuse M-Pidgeot's ability by using Mirror Move combined with a OHKO-move by its partner. The partner attacks first with the OHKO-move and M-Pidgeot uses Mirror Move copying the OHKO-move to kill the opponent. However I don't think this actually works ingame. Shouldn't mirror move kill your partner?

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-208861921
Thanks for pointing this out, I checked Me First too and it was doing a similar thing of targeting a random opponent instead of the intended target (if possible). Both will be fixed next update!

If Safety Goggles absorbs a powder move, the message Showdown gives is a generic "But it failed!"

The actual games are much clearer about it; the message they use is "(pokemon) is not affected by (move) thanks to its Safety Goggles!"

This is fairly minor since for an informed player, I don't believe it creates any ambiguity, but given how infrequently goggles are used it would probably be a beneficial change for the times when they do work.

Replays involving them: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-209081108 (turn 4), ZX6G-WWWW-WWX9-RNUJ (turn 6/15)

If Safety Goggles absorbs a powder move, the message Showdown gives is a generic "But it failed!"

The actual games are much clearer about it; the message they use is "(pokemon) is not affected by (move) thanks to its Safety Goggles!"

This is fairly minor since for an informed player, I don't believe it creates any ambiguity, but given how infrequently goggles are used it would probably be a beneficial change for the times when they do work.

Replays involving them: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-209081108 (turn 4), ZX6G-WWWW-WWX9-RNUJ (turn 6/15)
Thanks for reporting. Fixed on next server/client update.

Just remembered a battle from a while back: I had a paralyzed poke outspeed an opposing Giratina who claimed they were using rest, and I wasn't using a priority move, and definitelt undersped while paralyzed. I had switched since I was para'd, in case it matters.

E: Uselesscrab probably has it.

Last edited:
Just remembered a battle from a while back: I had a paralyzed poke outspeed an opposing Giratina who claimed they were using rest, and I wasn't using a priority move, and definitelt undersped while paralyzed. I had switched since I was para'd, in case it matters.
It's going to be hard to determine the bug here, since we don't know what Pokemon you were using, the speed investments of your Pokemon and your opponent's, or the abilities and items of either.

It's going to be hard to determine the bug here, since we don't know what Pokemon you were using, the speed investments of your Pokemon and your opponent's, or the abilities and items of either.
I think it was Shaymin-S or Genesect with max investment. If it was Shaymin, it ws holding a berry, and for Genesect I'm unsure but it wasn't scarfed. Not completely sure about this though, and IDK my opponents investment. Gira-A BTW.

I think it was Shaymin-S or Genesect with max investment. If it was Shaymin, it ws holding a berry, and for Genesect I'm unsure but it wasn't scarfed. Not completely sure about this though, and IDK my opponents investment. Gira-A BTW.
Well, Paralyzed Timid Shaymin-Sky speed ties with -Speed nature uninvested Giratina-A, which could have been what the opponent was using.

UU tier is having a timer issue. It's like the timer doesn't lag with the game so it times you out. It's cost me a couple games already. I'm no noob either, this is something different. Tested ou and nu and had no problems. I Forgot to save the replays in my anger.

Yo minor bug I noticed. When you do /ds all, mega, uber you get this list:

Blaziken-Mega, Gengar-Mega, Kangaskhan-Mega, Lucario-Mega, Mawile-Mega, Mewtwo-Mega-X, Mewtwo-Mega-Y, Salamence-Mega

Note that Kyogre-Mega and Groudon-Mega aren't listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)