Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rip mega stone image
only seen this w/ aerodactyl, swampert and this thing so im assuming its a thing with every mega

A small bug on the damage calculator: Electric Terrain doesn't seem to alter move damage, and viewing the console gives the error that isGrounded is not defined.

I'm here to report a glitch that just occurred in Mix and Mega.

A special note.png
So, this is from another battle but it helps to illustrate the glitch. In a recent battle, my opponent had a Zoroark in Noivern's position. He called in his Zoroark, illusioned as Zygarde, in Staraptor's position. I KO Zoroark, but his sprite doesn't go from Noivern's, Metagross', Staraptor's and Noivern's to Entei's and Omastar's. The actual Zygarde comes in next, in Omastar's position, and when I KO that, the Zygarde sprite in Omastar's position is replaced by his Archeops. The Zoroark is KO'ed, but it's sprite in the image indicated it wasn't.

I have 2 issues I found with the PP display I screencapped awhile back.

There's an issue with the PP shown with Pokemon that use moves other than transform and then transform, as shown in this replay where Smeargle used Spore, Sticky Web, and Imprison before using Transform and gaining 4 new moves. I'm not sure if the old move PP should just be hidden or if I should just deal with this.
Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 9.18.23 PM.png

However, in this screencap, the glitch also occurs when using multiple of the same Pokemon, as shown here with Gothitelle. There were 2 Gothitelle with different sets, but since they're the same mon, PS just added their PP together. I have no clue what would have happened if the 2 both shared and used a move.
Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 3.21.31 PM.png

Not sure if this should go here or in another thread exclusively about PS.

I have 2 issues I found with the PP display I screencapped awhile back.

There's an issue with the PP shown with Pokemon that use moves other than transform and then transform, as shown in this replay where Smeargle used Spore, Sticky Web, and Imprison before using Transform and gaining 4 new moves. I'm not sure if the old move PP should just be hidden or if I should just deal with this.

However, in this screencap, the glitch also occurs when using multiple of the same Pokemon, as shown here with Gothitelle. There were 2 Gothitelle with different sets, but since they're the same mon, PS just added their PP together. I have no clue what would have happened if the 2 both shared and used a move.

Not sure if this should go here or in another thread exclusively about PS.
I'm guessing the second one is intentional as to not give away which specific Gothitelle was the one that switched in (IIRC it happens with Illusion).

The first one does seem to be a bug (Or rather, an oversight), however.

I've found a bug where Showdown lists Nosepass and Probopass as being able to learn Helping Hand even though it is impossible for them to in the actual games.

can you add the animated version of gastrodon-east to battles, for both oras and bw. the static sprite is so weird, esp in oras where it also uses the bw one like here and this example for bw

been months idk how this haven't been fixed already

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I got some issues with the OU ladder. I'm at 1350 elo or so and I get matched with 1050 or around (means +4 points/w and -a lot/loss). I'd like to play with people at my level, I'm gone in help chan but they couldn't do anything for me even if they admitted there was a bug somewhere ! Asking your help here (my acc name is the same as my nickname on the forum) ! What could I do, where could I ask if it's not the good place ? Thanks a lot

ManicallyHex

formerly Prototypon
hello, I came along a glitch with the time where it would get lower for the opponent for no reason. here the pictures. like turn 34 had no reason to drop to 60 because the previous two turns didn't have any timer movements.

ManicallyHex

formerly Prototypon
Hello, I got some issues with the OU ladder. I'm at 1350 elo or so and I get matched with 1050 or around (means +4 points/w and -a lot/loss). I'd like to play with people at my level, I'm gone in help chan but they couldn't do anything for me even if they admitted there was a bug somewhere ! Asking your help here (my acc name is the same as my nickname on the forum) ! What could I do, where could I ask if it's not the good place ? Thanks a lot
The rating shown on a ladder is simply an estimate of a player's skill level, nothing more.

When most people think about climbing the ladder, they think of it in terms of earning "points" for wins and losing them for defeats. This leads to frustration when a highly ranked player sees his or her rating change not at all when they defeat a low-rated opponent (since they didn't gain any points by winning), but this is a mistake in thinking--the "reward" for the highly-rated player is that he or she has had his or her skill estimate "validated"--he or she has successfully shown that the ladder was justified in rating him or her so highly. This is something that bears emphasizing:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-ratings.3487422/

The rating shown on a ladder is simply an estimate of a player's skill level, nothing more.

When most people think about climbing the ladder, they think of it in terms of earning "points" for wins and losing them for defeats. This leads to frustration when a highly ranked player sees his or her rating change not at all when they defeat a low-rated opponent (since they didn't gain any points by winning), but this is a mistake in thinking--the "reward" for the highly-rated player is that he or she has had his or her skill estimate "validated"--he or she has successfully shown that the ladder was justified in rating him or her so highly. This is something that bears emphasizing:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-ratings.3487422/
I think that he/she just wants to face good opponents, not increase their ladder. While what Antarctic said is definitally true, it's not relevant on this occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)