Bummer's Art Shack

Haha, that's great. Try to see how it looks without the last two text blurbs ("There!" and "All ready to go!).

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Found it.[/URL]

Try to see how it looks without the last two text blurbs ("There!" and "All ready to go!).
I like the presence of them, as some sort of confirmation of the shrinkening where they are all cheerful about it while the protagonist appears mentally scarred. While it would work just fine without them, having them there provides me with some sense of comfort. And clarification for the viewers.

Thanks for bringing it up!

imo it should have forgot dig.
That would have been the best choice in the long run, but I basically wanted a very common and weak move so that people wouldn't start thinking that its removal would affect the last panel (as it did with Gastly).

I love your drawing style, and like 98% of these are hilarious
I like those odds!

Bummer said:
also in other news I got my copy of Pokemon Black today. Gonna pick the fire starter!
YEEEEEEAAAAAHH!.
Defeated the 8th gym today, my team consists of Emboar, Swoobat, Carracosta, Galvantula, Krookodile and Ferrothorn (new grass favorite). Hoo hah!

Bummer said:
I like the presence of them, as some sort of confirmation of the shrinkening where they are all cheerful about it while the protagonist appears mentally scarred. While it would work just fine without them, having them there provides me with some sense of comfort. And clarification for the viewers.

Thanks for bringing it up!
If you say so!

Well, it's not original, but I had the idea of how in ADV if both you and your opponent used a Wobbufet you would be trapped until one of you rage quits.

If not, how about one where a tiny pokemon (ie. Jirachi) can paralyze a huge pokemon (i.e Wailord, Groudon or something) with Body Slam.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I'm not sure if the joke's been done, but I've been wondering how in the world a Pokemon ingests a "Wing" (the wings in Black and White version that you collect on the bridges). The fact that they are labeled "Clever Wing" and such boggle me (Why the hell are Pokemon dropping their WINGS and not their FEATHERS?). I think the concept would be interesting to see in one of your webcomics.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if the joke's been done, but I've been wondering how in the world a Pokemon ingests a "Wing" (the wings in Black and White version that you collect on the bridges). The fact that they are labeled "Clever Wing" and such boggle me (Why the hell are Pokemon dropping their WINGS and not their FEATHERS?). I think the concept would be interesting to see in one of your webcomics.
This is definitly good enough to warrant a strip. Thanks for the suggestion!

I've come across your comics here and there around the internet, they're so funny, THe one about intimidate with staravia and the Mean look gastly are my favorites. Keep up the great work!

100th luvdisc from me.

Just looking at this gives so many ideas.

or how about how wooper can learn ice punch without arms. E: so can gastly

There should be a comic about what trainers do when they are standing waiting for people to arrive. Some ideas my friends came up with were how they go to the bathroom, how they eat, or what would happen if they had a boyfriend/girlfriend (or even an ex who wasn't a trainer).

I'm sure you can come up with something better though.

Edit: Or you can use Zangoose/Seviper or Heatmor/Durant as Romeo/Juliet.

Man, been a while since I updated this thread. But I guess that happens when I only update once a week!

Every single pokedex entry about Drowzee mentions its diet or habit of eating dreams, and not once, through the entire series, has it ever been able to learn Dream Eater on its own. Never. It is one of the weirdest pokemon facts I know of, and it bugs me to no end.
it's true. the most ridiculous thing is who munna,the other Baku/Dream Eater thing can learn the move.

a similiar thing happens with yamask and cofagrigus. they can learn Nigthmare and Dream Eater,but don't have a way to learn a sleep-inducing move.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Gonna post tomorrow's strip here. The feedback I've gotten has been mixed, so I need to check here as well (especially since you guys are more poke-knowledgeable).

Discuss.

Or you can use Zangoose/Seviper or Heatmor/Durant as Romeo/Juliet.
I like this. Don't know how to structure it though, time will have to pass on this subject. Or actually go and read Romeo and Juliet.

...One is available through a gift in Pokemon Platinum.

Plus I'm pretty sure you can't buy mons via Game Corner in Sinnoh whatsoever, actually.

That being said-what about a comic involving Audino's status as an endangered species vs. players' tendencies to level grind insistently against it?

Another funny comic I thought of is if after a trade evolution, the guy who recieves the Alakazam/Kingdra ect. runs away and steals the pokemon

Or a trainer from Unova laughing at a trainer from elsewhere about how much easier it was to get his milotic.

Edit: Zangoose/Seviper probably works better than Heatmor/Durant, since the former 2 are in the same egg group.

I like the Porygon one, especially the last panel. I could imagine people not knowing what it is referring to, though.

I thought of a few ideas, as well.

-Random strangers stopping you and insisting that you do something else before proceeding to a new area (e.g. having to beat Falkner to get to the Union Cave area, people standing in front of gym doors, the guy who sells RageCandyBars, etc.). I guess this might be a basic video game mechanic, though it seems to be a recurring theme in these games.

-How Victreebel has "an acid that dissolves anything" and how its acid will make it so "even the hardest object will melt into nothing," yet any steel type will shrug it off with ease, even unarmored Pokemon like Mawile and Lucario.

-Composing mail using only a select few phrases

-The elaborate construction work and funding that must go into designing gyms (especially some of the more recent ones), perhaps just to watch challengers walk in and become frustrated by their crafty setups

-Since evolution stones emit radiation, as illustrated by Eevee's Pokedex entries, maybe there could be adverse side-effects from a human being near one

Love your work.

An idea I had was that Gorebyss's shells look like a bra. And learns Shell Break. Something along the lines of:

Gorebyss used Shell Break!
Enemy Huntail's sexual defense sharply fell!

I leave it to you what expression Huntail has on its face.

-The elaborate construction work and funding that must go into designing gyms (especially some of the more recent ones), perhaps just to watch challengers walk in and become frustrated by their crafty setups
I always wondered about that. Why on earth is Icirrus Gym so hazardous? (OH HAI BOTTOMLESS PITS THAT I JUST JUMPED OVER) Is there no safety requirement in the Pokemon World? Not to mention the cannons.

Love your work.

An idea I had was that Gorebyss's shells look like a bra. And learns Shell Break. Something along the lines of:

Gorebyss used Shell Break!
Enemy Huntail's sexual defense sharply fell!

I leave it to you what expression Huntail has on its face.
I support this idea. I never noticed that about Gorebyss, but it's a really good observation o_o.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)