1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bummer's Art Shack

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by Bummer, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Deer Lord
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

Regice's arms look a little too low. Otherwise it's hilarious.
  2. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

the low arms are hilarious lol
  3. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Silly Regice, I mean who keeps an Ice Heal next to their beloved Crystal Polish?

It was clearly Blissey, jealous of Regice's special walling capabilities.
  4. ToastTyrant13

ToastTyrant13

Could it not have been Regigigas, angry that its tiny spawn is far superior to it in battle? Or...no, it couldn't have been...MAGIKARP?
  5. Bummer

Bummer .etiuq ooT
    is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Art Co-Leader

Yeah, the original is also a lot more bulky now that I look at it, so I guess mine got a suction job. Or got affected by global warming. Both are equally possible.
  6. bombiron

bombiron

full of ha ha's
  7. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

thats our regice

*laugh track*
  8. Bummer

Bummer .etiuq ooT
    is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Art Co-Leader

I made a quick comic for a small event at another forum I frequent.

silly comic (open)

[​IMG]

If anyone wondered how my comics would look like if I were to make them on a daily basis, well, there you have it.
  9. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I have that expression virtually every morning after my dreams. They're usually more depressing than that though.

Speaking of depressing, for some reason I haven't given you a luvdisc yet. There ya go.
  10. teddyman13

teddyman13

that is funny, but its so random, i know dreams are always random (once i had a weird dram combining avatar and the chronicles of riddick but thats another story...)
    but its the idea thats random.
  11. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

nice goldie [​IMG]

well deserved!
  12. aXl

aXl c'mon, Scratch me
    is an Artist

A few random ideas that I thought of recently that I thought I'd throw out there.

A. A strip detailing exactly what it is that is inside pokeballs that give them their higher catch rate. (Ex: What makes Pokemon caught by a Friend Ball more friendly?)

B. Cloyster used Shell Break! Self explanatory..

Again though, nice job on the strip. I lol'd at the Regice one. +)
  13. chocolate-kipp

chocolate-kipp

aXl's idea on Poke Balls is pretty great imo. Maybe a Poke Ball is really crammed and a Friend Ball looks more like a lounge on the inside.
  14. NatGeo

NatGeo sun's coming up
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I think that would fit more for a Luxury Ball if you ask me, but yeah, it is a pretty interesting idea.
  15. TaiCrunch

TaiCrunch

the inside of a friend ball could be a strip club. that would make me more friendly.
  16. Bummer

Bummer .etiuq ooT
    Art Co-Leader

Right back at you. Now we can finally stop bothering with quality production as we've reached the pinnacle of fame and instead just post half-assed doodles to please the masses.

Is that a Gen V thing? I'm trying to stay away from all updates regarding that game so that my playthrough will be blissfully unaware of all the changes.

ie if you spoil anything I will cut you

It IS a good idea. There are other stirps who have pictured it as brainwashing or as a warm, cozy saloon inside (can link those later), but there's plenty of room left for other approaches if we just play our cards right.
  17. aXl

aXl c'mon, Scratch me
    is an Artist

Yeah, only reason I know of Shell Break is because of Serebii.net, and their Pokemon of the Week articles. They did Cloyster recently, who, because of Shell Break, now has the ability to OHKO most walls. Shell Break sharply raises your Atk, SpA, and Spe, and sharply lowers your Def and SpD. So yeah.

I actually haven't played through Black and White, so nothing to fear. +)
  18. Luminouzz

Luminouzz

Your art and comics are awesome.
  19. Bummer

Bummer .etiuq ooT
    Art Co-Leader

Man, been a while since I updated this thread. But I guess that happens when I only update once a week!

Drowzee (open)
    [​IMG]

Every single pokedex entry about Drowzee mentions its diet or habit of eating dreams, and not once, through the entire series, has it ever been able to learn Dream Eater on its own. Never. It is one of the weirdest pokemon facts I know of, and it bugs me to no end.

I'll be fixing a few details when I get home before I'll upload it to the internet for real, but suggestions are welcome within this time window.

shut up shut up SHUT UP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH
  20. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

You could give Gold a Heart Scale in his hand in the second panel if you feel like it. :p
  21. Bummer

Bummer .etiuq ooT
    Art Co-Leader

I feel inclined to agree. It's uploaded now, with scale in hand.
  22. Xaqwais

Xaqwais

Fat Drowzee is great. That little innocence he has is as much a punchline as the actual strip haha (not saying original punchline is bad or anything). Much like the Regice's arms in the previous strip you always got something that just looks great and shows so much emotion with each Pokemon.
  23. CJ0114

CJ0114

Haha. Your comics are hilarious!
  24. Bummer

Bummer .etiuq ooT
    Art Co-Leader

whoops forgot this thing

Hypno (open)
    [​IMG]
  25. Iggdrasil

Iggdrasil

Oh God this comic is so true... f***ing hilarious stuff. Cool comic bro :).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)