Buzzwole Discussion

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Buzzwole
Bug/Fighting
Abilities: Beast Boost
HP: 107
Atk: 139
Def: 139
SpAtk: 53
SpDef: 53
Spe: 79

Level Up

L1 - Fell Stinger
L1 - Thunder Punch
L1 - Ice Punch
L1 - Reversal
L1 - Harden
L1 - Power-Up Punch
L1 - Focus Energy
L7 - Comet Punch
L13 - Bulk Up
L19 - Vital Throw
L23 - Endure
L29 - Leech Life
L31 - Taunt
L37 - Mega Punch
L43 - Counter
L47 - Hammer Arm
L53 - Lunge
L59 - Dynamic Punch
L67 - Superpower
L73 - Focus Punch

TMs

TM01 - Work Up
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM17 - Protect
TM19 - Roost
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Smack Down
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Leech Life
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM47 - Low Sweep
TM48 - Round
TM54 - False Swipe
TM56 - Fling
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM100 - Confide

New Move

Lunge: The user makes a lunge at the target, attacking with full force. This also lower the target's Attack stat.

Last edited:
Kind of like a slower, bulkier Heracross without close combat or megahorn. I appreciate that they didn't just completely overwrite Heracross in terms of relevance with it. With Talonflame being nerfed like it has been I think there's room for it to work.

Can we take a moment to appreciate its official name?

Honestly, this one looks meh to me. It can do a Bulk Up set but it's going to have trouble staying in long enough to slow boost and outspeeding if you force a switch, go to +1 and stop there.

this is the only pokemon i need in my life.

that being said, yeah it's okay at best. i wonder which stat beast boost will boost though

Bulk up and Leech Life with its stats look terrifying. Its still too slow and needs to distinguish its self from Mega Heracross

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
The real reason why Leech Life got a buff lol
Also while looking at the video, seems like Fell Stinger got up to 50 bp

As for the mon itself... Idk. Seems like it's bulky on the Physical side but the Special Def sucks and the speed, like lots of gen 7 mons, isn't impressive. If it's not OU it's one of those Ubers you never get to use. For a boss, it's alright

Looks like the worst of the Ultra Beasts IMO.

It can still be fairly decent, however - it's a more defensive Conkeldurr.

Mosquito based Fighting type but no Drain Punch? Sigh... maybe when Eclipse comes out and tutors return.

Assault Vest with Power Up Punch and Leech Life could be something. Or even Fell Stinger for massive attack boosts on KO.

I just realized something. Buzzwole has equal Base Attack and Defense, so depending on how Beast Boost works, it's possible that knocking out an opponent will boost both Attack and Defense. If that's the case, then this thing could kill stuff with Superpower and have Beast Boost negate the stat drops.

I just realized something. Buzzwole has equal Base Attack and Defense, so depending on how Beast Boost works, it's possible that knocking out an opponent will boost both Attack and Defense. If that's the case, then this thing could kill stuff with Superpower and have Beast Boost negate the stat drops.
I'm assuming it goes off the actual stat (ignoring boosts). So if you get attack and defense equal... maybe? But more likely it boosts one at random, I'd say.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wasn't sure about this thing's chances until I saw it got Roost. A Bulk Up + Roost set with buffed Leech Life and Hammer Arm might be pretty good then. 107/139 physical bulk with resistances to Dark and Ground is quite good - you might have room to shore up that weak Special Defense with investment. It could also potentially pull off Assault Vest since it's certainly not hurting for coverage and it has quite high Attack as well as STAB Leech Life to recover health.

Looking forward to seeing how this one fares in standard honestly.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I wasn't sure about this thing's chances until I saw it got Roost. A Bulk Up + Roost set with buffed Leech Life and Hammer Arm might be pretty good then. 107/139 physical bulk with resistances to Dark and Ground is quite good - you might have room to shore up that weak Special Defense with investment. It could also potentially pull off Assault Vest since it's certainly not hurting for coverage and it has quite high Attack as well as STAB Leech Life to recover health.

Looking forward to seeing how this one fares in standard honestly.
Also, with the Fell Stinger boost (50 BP) and a semi-moxie, you have to think twice before sending something in front of it. I can see it being good in OU but doubt a little it'll be Ubers

Fell Stinger also "drastically" raises Attack; i.e., +3 instead of +2.

This thing's coverage is actually really good. Bolt-Beam fists, EQ, Poison Jab, Stone Edge. A scarf set would be decent maybe. The thing it has over Conk is a decent speed for Scarf. Or a CB.

I personally like Buzzwole the most, just for the animations alone. It has a lot of personality compared to the other UBs.

Kinda wished it had a bit more variety for its move pool besides just punches, but it does get interesting options like Roost, Taunt and... Gyro Ball for some odd reason.

I could see this guy perhaps in UU or OU.

Roost completely changes the game for buzzswole. Damn. This thing should be a threat in OU now, esp. after we have said goodbye to talonflame. Bulk up + roost + good offensive typing + decent resists of dark and ground, damn, I completely underestimated this thing, though it certainly won't be ubers.

Mosquito based Fighting type but no Drain Punch? Sigh... maybe when Eclipse comes out and tutors return.

Assault Vest with Power Up Punch and Leech Life could be something. Or even Fell Stinger for massive attack boosts on KO.
Leech Life makes so much more sense though? And it got massively buffed this gen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)