can I make a serious life post without getting called a troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok honestly here is the best tip for this: do things you enjoy

Dude, everyone has these phases. There was a point where I almost ended it awhile back and had a pretty shitty time during that period. What I tell everyone is the same thing I discovered alone in my dorm room bawling my eyes out; you need to find your life's purpose.

A reason to breath, a reason to get to the next day, a reason to just exist. For me, that turned out to be writing. One day, it'll just hit you in the face and you'll realize "I could do this for the rest of my life." If you feel like Golf is a passion to you, then just play. Don't worry about becoming a professional, those skills come with time. If music becomes your passion, make it your life. There are people who play with marbles for hours a day because it's their passion; the point is, nothing is a bad hobby if it makes you happy.

The second most important thing is obviously companionship. What grade are you in? What's your neighborhood like? Does your school offer clubs? You don't need to become the most social creature on the planet to be happy, but it's nice to have at least one friend. I'm horribly anti-social, but I luckily have a handful of close friends I can fall back on, and that's all you need. Two, maybe three good friends.

tl;dr: just relax, find something you honestly enjoy unconditionally, and strike up conversation with anyone about anything. You could get shut down by 1000 people just so long as you get 1 who will talk to you, because that 1 can make a world of difference.

I can relate to you to an extent. I have no idea wtf I am doing in my life.
man, the last time I've hung out with someone was the day school ended last year, and that was basically her inviting me to her house and then we really didn't do anything for 3 hours and just fell asleep then I left in the morning.

only one person talks to me with any sort of frequency and frankly I think that's out of boredom. for as much as my parents would deny it I honestly think that not even they would notice any difference in their life if I were to cease existing - maybe they'd be a bit sad though but they're the only ones I think.
All right, try to make some friends. Really. Don;t ask me how Im not good at it either, but at least I have some.
everything in my life feels empty and without any reason behind it. I play guitar and am kinda decent I guess, but that's not because I enjoy it. it's a drag to practice, I hate playing in front of people... I don't even know why I do it. I guess to say I don't entirely waste my life. I get really good grades in school but they're not the best... I get straight 99%s but I'm always in the shadow of the people who get straight hundreds, or my 4.66 GPA takes a total back seat to the people who are in 6 classes that offer AP and have a 5.0. at this point my grades feel like a standard rather than something anyone actually cares about me doing - my parents ask me what's wrong if I have a 96 in a course.
I play the violin, but i never practice and violin classes are boring. I don't mind playing in front of people, but am not particularly fond of it (I do it mostly to be able to say I can play the violin tbh). When I lived in the US I was always recognized for my good grades, but after skipping a grade and moving to India, no one really recognized me for that. I didn't know anything in class, so i couldn't even look smart. No one still appreciates my intelligence, because while I still get top grades, people think about the other people who try to act smart in class AND get good grades. People say I'm stupid and that they are better, even though I beat them in every test. My parents, on the other hand, are like most Indian parents, telling me that whatever grade I get isn't good enough and that I shouldn't compare myself to the rest of my class, etc.
I don't even know what to do. I have no clue why I am even lifting weights at this point. no matter how strong I get I'll always be miserable with all of the fat on me. I'm doing nothing that makes weight lifting relevant to sports performance. fuck, the one thing I enjoy doing - competitive golf - has turned into a miserable activity for me because instead of it being fun I have no mindset except getting to the top of the professional ranks and there's not a soul alive including me who believes I can do it.
I lift weights too, and I can actually see the difference it makes. All right , you are fat. So? Being heavy but strong, thats good for a lineman in Football, right? No one would call me thin (but no one would call me fat). I play basketball, and am a starter on the varsity team in 10th grade. I should be happy, but no one respects my talent. It usually means I am stuck being on the same team as the worst players in he class against the batch of semi-decent people, and am forced to pass to them to make them feel good, let them fail miserably at both offense and defense and let the other team get a 10 point lead, start scoring every possession on my own, then put up with the bad players complaints that I don't pass the ball. Its annoying, since everyone always gangs up against me when playing and If anyone but my team wins it gets rubbed into my face for the rest of the year, regardless of how many times I beat them. However, the difference between me and you is I like basketball. Its my refuge. When I get annoyed, mad, sad, anything, I can just go to the court and shoot. If someone else is there, play against them. It makes me feel good. Always. Its the one thing I am never sick of. However I am no where near good enough to be playing college ball (yet), which means I can't stick with Basketballl for the rest of my life as a profession, but thats the only thing that interests me.
I don't even know why I do anything. there's nothing I want to do any more. there's nothing I enjoy doing. my life feels like a bottomless pit of loneliness and worthlessness. I can't sleep, I can't enjoy music... and what else is there for me?
Ok, what do you enjoy doing? if the answer is nothing, try stuff out. Don't be content with this, see if you can find something you can do and like. stick with it. keep trying, you'll find something.

i dont see what your problem is. i feel like shit too but at least your passing school i failed :/ i would have been happy with just barly passing but you have 90's i dont understand why you feel the way you do.

wait one last thing is that you said that you don't like music

that's bullshit; listen to different music, there is something in it for everyone. I've honestly never heard of someone who doesn't like music; it's one of the greatest things life can offer.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
curtains tells you everything you need to know

i'm closing this because we are not agony aunts but i am leaving it undeleted so that you may reap the rewards of the many wise posts within :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)