CAP 2 Pre-evo - Part 9 - Sprite Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smeargle and Necturna sure love their corny TV show... parody... type objects.

The art submitters and their friends managed to find Art Poll 2, but it was too late. He had already awakened the Sprite Polls. However, Sprite Poll 1 decided that Art Poll 2 was an inferior creation and promptly annihilated him. paintseagull was shocked that a poll would kill his own kind. Nonetheless, when Sprite Poll 1 briefly approached her, she was frozen in shock. Mos-Quitoxe said, "Fool. Now he knows you're scared!"

Sprite Poll 1 then moved to release another Sprite Poll. Absolutely determined to put a halt to this madness at all cost, tennisace powered up to his Super Moderator form and screamed:

"If they set that Sprite Poll free IT WILL BE THE END OF ALL OF US!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

The infraction that followed was unreal. The others barely had enough time to avoid getting vaporized by the awesome power of Super Moderator tennisace. However, Sprite Poll 1 took it head on... and wasn't moved an inch. "No one could have survived that! That was my most intense infraction!"

"Now that's too bad," Mos-Quitoxe commented. "Now he knows how weak you are!" He then turned to the Sprite Polls. "Now who should I take down first?"

The reply came: "I am Sprite Poll 2. I will fight you. This should be fun."

"I hope you're prepared to lose. Actually, since I'm a pretty nice guy, how about if you surrender, I'll convert you into something useful, like a Policy Review thread or a CAP analysis?"

The ensuing battle lasted a while. However, it became increasingly apparent that Sprite Poll 2 was merely toying with Mos-Quitoxe. Sprite Poll 2 landed a decisive blow, and it was all over. The others then attacked the Sprite Polls all at once, but all of their efforts were futile. The Sprite Polls were too strong. However, they decided not to end anyone's misery today, instead opting to have a contest to visit all of the Poké Marts in the world. After that, they would probably come back to kill everybody or something.

Anyways, clearly our heroes needed some serious help. They traveled to the top of the Ominous Foreboding Tower to gain audience from the art and sprite winners of the past. This is what they revealed:

"Wyverii, Art Poll 2 knew your name. That is because the art and sprite polls are indeed aware of your fourth-wall-breaking abilities, and have used them themselves to become extremely powerful. The only way for you to defeat the Sprite Polls is to play their game. All of you who are willing, let your sprites shine out and you will tap into the power you need! Some of you may, for one reason or another, fail to summon your sprites to fight. That is fine. You can wish the others luck, at least."

And so the sprite summoning began. noobiess faltered, making a gif file instead of a png file, but in the end, noobiess also pulled through. (Also, ICC could have been a bit more careful since I use Ctrl+F and I could have missed his submission!) With their new-found sprite powers, nine warriors heeded the call and arrived at an island where the Sprite Polls were hanging out:

zyrefredric
MikaDo
chrysthehamster
nofacej
Quanyails
ikasu
Juicebox 001
Ice-cold Claws
noobiess
"Want some more, do you?" Sprite Poll 1 laughed. "Okay, sure! Why not?"

The ATL interrupted. "WAIT! I want to say that multiple bold vote speech again! It's so cool and informative!"

The others were bewildered by this outburst, but they decided to entertain the ATL for a while, since everyone was nervous about the battle that was to take place.

"This is a multiple bold vote poll, which means that you can vote for as many entries as you want to in no particular order. I've reiterated some rules for this vote below so that everyone knows exactly what's going on. These rules were shamelessly taken from CAP 1's art threads.

• Do not bold any text other than your votes.
    The script we use to count the votes looks at bolded text, and ignores all other text. You can still write other non-bolded things in your post, but don't bold them or it will mess up your vote.
  • One artist name per line.
    Do not list multiple votes on one line.
  • You may vote for as many artists as you want.
  • Spell the artist name exactly as it is spelled below.
    It is not case sensitive, but please remember that your vote will not count unless it is the artist's name spelled correctly. (e.g. "Cyzir_Visheen" is not CyzirVisheen)
"Good luck to everyone! You have 48 hours to vote."

HERO PROFILES

Again, thanks Quanyails for all the suggestions. You've been very helpful. I made a few edits, particularly the back spikes and berry shading. The curve of the leaf/tuft I made intentionally opposite Mos' artwork. Now I'd have to submit this is my final submission, because I may not be able to log in often within the week, but if there are any more suggestions when I do log in I'd be very happy to edit it in.

Final Submission:

gaah hope its not too late to post but heres my transparnt
final submission
Final Submission

Comparisons
Seeing as things are wrapping up:

Final Submission

I used other baby pokemon as a guideline for my sprite. So, while it's not as fancy as other sprites, I tried to make it close to the in-game standard.

Comparison:

Final Submission:

Against different backgrounds:

With similar sprites:

With Necturna:

If anyone sees anything that can be made better, please let me know :D
This is my Final Submission!

Thank you very much to all those who helped me improve it! You guys rule!!!
Final S-s-s-s-submission

Psst, it's floating.
Thanks to everyone here!
Final Submission:

Additional:

I tried to give it a cute and playfull look because it fits the design, I think.
Also, note that the animation is a little bit diffrent then the final sprite. This is because I edited the sprite after I made the animation.
That's all. Good luck to everyone :)
Necturine so far:

Typing: Grass / Ghost
Abilities: Anticipation / (Telepathy)
Base stats: 49 HP / 55 Atk / 60 Def / 50 SpA / 75 SpD / 51 Spe
Movepool
Pokédex entry

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
nofacej
Quanyails
Juicebox 001
Ice-cold Claws

Justifications: Some sprites seemed a bit too small for my liking and, though all of the submissions are great works, I had to take a stance on the sprite sizing I thought was most beneficial and went with that. Quanyails' is a bit on the small side for my liking but I think it works because the roundness just feels so right at that size. nofacej has excellent comparisons and I think it's my favorite of the group, though the other three are excellent contenders and I'd be hard-pressed to order these instantly. The shape of Necturine's cover in Juicebox 001's sprite fascinates me, though it appears the stem is angled quite strangely from the others, so I'm not sure how I feel about that. These were the top four sprites in my opinion, though, and each of them (as well as the others submitted) are deserving.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
noobiess
Ice-cold Claws
ikasu
Quanyails
nofacej

Wow spriters, incredible work. Can't wait to see which one comes out on top; good luck =)

Asylum_Rhapsody

Ice-cold Claws
Quanyails

None of the others quite got the black underbelly right, in my opinion.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
nohfacej
noobiess
Ice-cold Claws
Quanyails
ikasu

Yup, these are all fantastic. I just had to pick a few I liked. But even the ones I didn't vote for look great. Awesome job everyone.

Ice-cold Claws
nohfacej
Quanyails

Well done, everyone! You've made it hard for me to choose, which is a good sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)