CAP 14 CAP 3 - Part 2 - Typing Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire/Poison

I'm not convinced that Steel/anything is a bad typing, and Steel/Ice just screams "DRAGONSLAYER".

Meanwhile, Ice/Rock is too predictable. You can't make a defensive or even a tankish mon with that typing and have it be OU. You just can't.

With Fire/Poison, there's a ton of places this CAP can go. "Bad", perhaps, but actually usable in a bunch of different ways.

Fire/Poison

Ice/Steel is only gonna end up as a dragonslayer, Ice/Rock is going to be extremely over-powered to make up for the typing, Fire/Poison is more versatile and has more criative potencial IMO.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To me, Fire/Poison is the most interesting option on this poll, but it's got too many positives to be a real challenge. Those STABs alone are hitting most of OU for neutral.

I would have said the same thing about Ice/Rock but fuck, 4x weak to Bullet Punch...how are we slaying Dragons when the entire rest of OU just shits in our coffee?

Ice/Rock

Ice/Rock

Ice/Rock is most likely the most challenging to have overcome it weaknesses while making it strengths worth using over those of other pokemon already in OU that fill a similar role. I think the entire process as well as the end result will be the most interesting.

I wouldn't be unhappy with Ice/Steel either though, as it is a typing well overdue for analysis by the CAP project. While it's likely function and direction is a bit more clear, it has it challenges to make it successful as such none the less.

Fire/Poison I just don't feel has as many issues as a typing and too many strengths by comparison. It's direction is also a bit more vague which, while not uninteresting, I feel is a bit counter productive and distracting to a project that has already got more purpose driven matters to deal with.

Ice/Rock

Since it seems like Fire/Poison is dead in the water (pun...ha!), I have to vote against Steel. Steel's only... ONLY flaw is that it can't work very well offensively, and yet people want to pair it with one of the best offensive types ever conceived by man. That's just baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)