CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 11 (Attacking Moves Poll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Close Combat / Cross Chop - Yes/No
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

I don't see why people are so opposed to Cross Chop (Close Combat would be retarded IMO cos only fighting types and a select few others learn it), it's not even going to be scratching Skarmory, Bronzor etc of 76 Attack and likely no boosting moves.

Icy Wind fits it and gives it a somewhat more diverse special attack pool, I have a feeling that everyone is going to be so quick to nerf this that it ends up with Sludge Bomb, Earth Power and Hidden Power as its sole Special attack movepool.

IMO, we shouldn't go down the route of making attacks (nor should we have gone down the route of making traits), this will end up looking more like a modded server than a Create-A-Pokemon server.

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

We can add stuff like Thunderbolt and Icebeam to the movepool without taking away from DDL's competitive movepool, but stuff like Icy Wind, Cross Chop, and BlindingMire decrease the utility moves it can get.

I don't really care about Pursuit. Also, I don't really like Flamethrower.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Should the following moves be allowed to appear on movepool suggestions for our Pokemon?

Thunderbolt - No
Flamethrower - No
Ice Beam - No
Icy Wind - No
Close Combat / Cross Chop - No
Pursuit - Yes
"BlindingMire" - Yes

I don't really see our Pokemon be able to generate electricity, fire or ice.

Close Combat or Cross Chop don't fit this Pokemon much either. Just because it has hands doesn't mean it can Cross Chop. I have hands and don't know how to do a Cross Chop!

Pursuit, on the other hand, is perfectly viable and interesting.

And, of course, I'm voting for the move I suggested.

By the way, the move is by no means set in stone, especially with regards its name, move power and accuracy. Those can change later.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat X-Act
From the 13 to 16 different moves that you're going to write (including the Heart Scale moves), make sure that only one, two, or three of them are competitive moves worth using that are not already learned by the TM list.

Okay.

A Pokemon may have as little as 4 egg moves and as much as 12. Usually this number is between 8 and 10. Make sure that, from your egg move list, you don't have more than four that are competitive moves worth using.

Uh huh *nod*

Also, the number of viable competitive moves from the Level-up list and the egg moves list (not repeated in the TM list) combined must be between two and six.

Huh???....wouldn't that be two through seven moves? I just said you could have up to three competitive move worth using on a Pokemon in your Level-up statement.
That's not a mistake. They need to be between two and six. That means that if you have three competitive moves in your level-up list, you must limit your competitive egg moves to three, not four. And if you have four competitive moves in your egg moves list, you must limit your competitive level-up moves to two, not three.

HOWEVER... the guide to create a Pokemon movepool is just that... a guide. It means that if we deem that we should make exceptions, we can. We might have to make an exception for this CAP... although I'd say to try to keep within those guidelines if possible.

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Close Combat - Yes/No
Cross Chop - Yes/No
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No

I am not confortable at all with giving this poke a move that hits Gyarados x4 SE and Skarmory x2 SE. At least not a move with 95 BP coming from it's stronger stat. I don't mind the elemental punches, since they are kinda powerful enough to deal some damage, but not enough to remove its counters.

Ice Beam - Yes/No

Ice is one hell of an offensive type and 95 BP coupled with a 90 Spatk stat is not too shabby. I don't want any move that doesn't go with the utility theme, and a 95 BP move with such good typing and the great speed and decent spatk this poke have may make it a little more offensive than I would like it to be.

Icy Wind - Yes/No

I have no problems with it. The BP isn't high enough an the secondary effect has some odd kind of utility effect, and has the potential to force switches and give you free turns to use utility moves.

Close Combat/Cross Chop - Yes/No

I don't want Close Combat on any pokemon <_<;. It is such a broken move. Also, I personally hate poor accuracy moves and don't see the point of Cross Chop, so no.

Pursuit - Yes/No

When exactly do you think Azelf, Cresselia, other psychic types or ghosts not named Dusknoir (who takes laughable damage from pursuit coming from DLL) will switch out against DLL? All psychic types hit it SE and the ghosts not named Dusknoir (or banette) have great Spatk, which is DLL's weak point. It won't be useful against the pokes it should be useful against and really...if you predict a switch from your opponent, use the free turn to use an utility move...not to deal pathetic damage.

"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

Roar and Sludge Bomb are jealous. I don't see the point of it, really. If you want to make a poke disappear, you use WW or Roar (which are arguably better at it than BlindingMire due to typing) and if you want to deal damage, you use Sludge Bomb. And really, if this doesn't get WW or Roar and gets BlindingMire, I will be incredibly confused.

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

EDITED

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Close Combat - NO
Cross Chop - Yes/No
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

again, cross chop isn't too bad, whereas close combat neither fits, nor should be allowed on this pokemon.

Thunderbolt - Yes/No - Ground Type just doesn't seem compatible... I could see claydol perhaps... but not this thing
Flamethrower - Yes/No - It doesn't look capable of any of these moves
Ice Beam - Yes/No - Look Above
Icy Wind - Yes/No - Yes, will be useful for support
Close Combat / Cross Chop - Yes/No - It just looks like it can
Pursuit - Yes/No - Again, looks like it could pursue something
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Close Combat - Yes/No*
Cross Chop - Yes/No*
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

*If splitting these moves isn't allowed, put me down as Yes for both.

That's not a mistake. They need to be between two and six. That means that if you have three competitive moves in your level-up list, you must limit your competitive egg moves to three, not four. And if you have four competitive moves in your egg moves list, you must limit your competitive level-up moves to two, not three.

HOWEVER... the guide to create a Pokemon movepool is just that... a guide. It means that if we deem that we should make exceptions, we can. We might have to make an exception for this CAP... although I'd say to try to keep within those guidelines if possible.
Alright, so in most cases we really only have two to six slots for competitive moves not names TM moves. Very limiting from anyone's viewpoint but this is probably what GameFreak uses when they make up Pokemon movepool.

Calcs for Ice punch if anyone's interested:

All neutral natures
6 atk vs Garchomp :50.28% - 60.34%
252 atk vs Garchomp: 67.04% -79.33%
6 atk vs salamence: 62.65% - 74.7%
252 atk vs salamence: 83.13% - 98.8%
6 atk vs salamence with intidmidate: 42.17% - 50.6%
252 atk vs salamence with intidmidate: 55.42% - 66.27%

What most distresses me about these is that yache chomp is a 3hko. Hp ice isn't much better 59.22% - 70.39% with 6 spa, still a chance to be a three hit rather than a two.

I much prefer Ice beam at 81.56% - 96.09%, only occasionally 1hko's with sr and always a 2hko with yache.
That is moderatly distressing. I admit that having either Ice Beam or hell even Blizzard would help solve this problem, but judging by the majority of voters it looks like we're going to have get used to using HP Ice on this guy.

Thunderbolt - No
Flamethrower - No
Ice Beam - Yes* - Die Chomp die D:<
Icy Wind - No
Close Combat / Cross Chop - No/No - I'd rather Force Palm as DJD said
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No - At least give it a new name if it wins ( I suggest Muck Shot )

*I'm guessing the people who oppose Ice Beam for flavour reasons didn't bother to look at the list of learners. There are a LOT ( a LOT ( a LOOOOT ) ) of non-Ice/Water Pokémon that learn it, many of which aren't even mystical. The list is HUGE.

Raticate, Male Nido, Female Nido, Marowak, Rhyperior, Lickilicky, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Tyranitar, Linoone, Slaking, Aggron, Rampardos... the list goes on and on and on.

Don't believe me? See for yourself: http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/ice_beam

I understand votes against it for competitive reasons, but "doesn't work for flavour" is just complete rubbish. Please try to check first before you make such claims, people.

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

I have absolutely no problem with any of the TM moves. To be perfectly honest this is going to suffer 4MS really badly so odds are that even if it does get Thunderbolt/Flamethrower it'll be replaced by an ice, ground or poison move.

Icy Wind is a no for me. I can't see much use for this and nobody's going to sacrifice a precious slot for it.

Close Combat/Cross Chop is in a similar boat to Icy Wind in terms of wasting space. DLL just isn't built to pull them off well with his stats and the defense drop from Close Combat is kinda counterproductive.

Pursuit I don't mind, however I don't think this'll end up in the final moveset.

Blindingmire is a made up move on a Pokemon that's going to have enough moveset problems as it is. It'll also make this metagame a bit harder to access to newbies. I think we should wait a while before deciding to make a move for something. We'll have another chance for this don't worry.

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

I kinda dont see a problem with Flamethrower as it would give a nice coverage. But i am not totally for it.. but I'd like it.

Ice Beam looks needed when I look at the calcs. Icy Wind dusn seem very useful as this Pokemon has a nice base speed so it'll outspeed enough.

Close Combat/Cross Chop, I dont like these moves on a more supportive Pokemon.... =C

Pursuit.. idc actually .. but I dont think many Pokemon will run away from this as Psychics would kill this off ( imo).

I dont like the new move at all... it looks even more useful than Knock Off to me ( 20 power ).

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Close Combat - Yes/No
Cross Chop - Yes/No
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

The standard special attacks I don't think much of, but Icy Wind seems an interesting choice. It has low power and is slightly inaccurate, but it can still help when going up against other Ground-types which can inflict this with some damage. However, I don't like the chosen Fighting-type moves and would rather go for something like Brick Break, which doesn't have a base power of over 90 and can destroy the barriers, which would be good for an utility. Pursuit can inflict minor damage to Psychic-types, and can do even more to the ones switching out. BlindingMire I would be okay with if it didn't have that much of a base power... I would say around 40 or less would be good.

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

The elemental beams don't make sense and neither does close combat or cross chop, so they're all "no" for me, icy wind and pursuit on the other hand seem more reasonable. A new move would be interesting and I have nothing against a move like "BlindingMire", although I have no idea what the name means :)

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

Pursuit will work really well with this kind of pokemon. BlindingMire isn't something I would use it with due to the restrictions of poison type.

I don't really see our Pokemon be able to generate electricity, fire or ice.
The elemental beams don't make sense [on this Pokemon]
[/quote]I don't see Aggron or Tauros doing the same thing, but they can magically spew flames and fire icy beams of death. It's extremely hard to believe this kind of logic when several (i.e: alot) already existing Pokemon have the elemental beam moves and don't make any sense on them. This whole thing is probably best descirbed as a Suspension of Disbelief

Well, according to every Kaiju movie I've seen: if it has horns/spikes, you can bet it's gonna shoot lasers/electricity/negative space wedgies out of them.

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No
Icy Wind - Yes/No
Pursuit - Yes/No
"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

This is my opinion :3

Well, according to every Kaiju movie I've seen: if it has horns/spikes, you can bet it's gonna shoot lasers/electricity/negative space wedgies out of them.
Are you saying that GameFreak is using Godzilla/Kaiju-move based logic when giving out TB/FT/IB? How ironic because I sorta believe in that they would do something like that.

Linoone could actually pass as a replitian kaiju. Seriously...he looks more like a furry skink than a ferret. Just add some spikes onto that sucker and you're set.

Thunderbolt - Yes/No
Flamethrower - Yes/No
Ice Beam - Yes/No

I dont think it could generate either of these. And I dont want it to fill the role of helping with a 4x weak opponent your team is weak against.

Icy Wind - Yes/No

Diverse, Utility w/ Speed Drop, and does damage as a bonus.

Cross Chop - Yes/No

Cross Chop Yes, close combat no, looks like it could chop to me.

Pursuit - Yes/No

Obvious.

"BlindingMire" - Yes/No

Dont think we should make our own attacks. Use roar, ww, or sludgebomb, not a made up combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)