CAP 16 CAP 5 - Part 8 - Art Poll 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three left! LET'S DO THIS THING.

This will be a single bold vote. Make sure that you bold your vote and nothing else! A typical vote might look like the following:
My preferred entry

Any comments that the voter has would go below the votes in non-bold text. Bold text is used to determine what the user's votes are, so none of the supplementary text should be in bold.
Please post only your votes in this thread. Do not respond to other posts, or your posts will be moderated and you may be warned. You are allowed to say whatever you like in relation to your vote at the bottom of your post, but please do not look to begin a discussion. Keep those comments to #cap on IRC.

CAP uses automated scripts to count votes. For this reason, it is very important for all ballots to be submitted correctly. If you do not compose a legal ballot, your post will be subject to moderation.
  • The scripts count bold words in ballots, so do NOT bold anything in your ballot other than the options you are voting for.
  • Only one option per line.
  • Spelling of options must be EXACTLY correct and must match the spelling listed above.
  • Capitalization and spaces are ignored by the vote counting scripts, but you probably should not depend on it.
  • Do not bold portions of words separately. For example, the following BBCode: [NOPARSE]Pikachu[/NOPARSE] will appear like this: Pikachu. That looks like a single bold word, but it isn't. It's two bolded character strings right next to each other. Please don't do this, because it is VERY HARD for mods to find ballots with errors like this.
Composing a proper ballot is easy. Just copy/paste the options directly from the OP to your ballot as plain unbolded text. Delete and rearrange the options to suit your preference. Select all the options as a group, and wrap it in bold tags. Boom, you're done. If you type out the options manually and bold them individually and make a spelling or formatting mistake, it is your own fault.

This vote will run for 24 hours. May the best art win!

Contestants

Yilx
Dracoyoshi8
Birkal

Name: Type Equalizer

Description: A pokemon whose presence in the metagame increases the usage of one or more underused types and simultaneously decreases the usage of one or more overused types.

Justification: Take a look at the OU usage statistics for January and you'll see that 9 out of the top 10 pokemon have either steel, water, dragon or fighting as one of their types, and extending it to the top 20 shows 16/20 with those types. We should also be asking ourselves why these trends exist so strongly and what can be done about them. In creating this CAP, we'd have to discuss in depth many different aspects of what makes a type and opinions can ultimately being tested in the playtest.

Questions To Be Answered:

• Is a types usefulness relative to the metagame or is it intrinsic? (Ie. Can any type be the "best" type given the right circumstances or do type match-ups, available STAB moves etc mean some types will always be better than others?)
  • What exploitable weaknesses do "good" types in OU have? Are their currently pokemon that can exploit them and if so, how do they function differently to CAP5?
  • How (if at all) will the targeted types adapt to the situation created? Will people choose different movesets, abilities, etc or will they just use them more/less? How is this linked to the way CAP5 functions strategically?
  • What effects will the changes on certain types' presence have on the metagame?
  • Which members of the targeted types will benefit and suffer from this most and why?
  • By creating CAP5, have we learnt any new ways to counter good types or use bad types?
[/HIDE]

Typing: Grass / Dark
Threats: Link
Primary Ability: Harvest
Secondary Ability: Infiltrator
Stats: 115 HP / 100 Atk / 60 Def / 40 SpA / 130 SpD / 55 Spe

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dracoyoshi8

Here's the part where I explain my subjectivity! I feel that Yilx's, while a solid design, evokes Fighting-type and lacks a clear explanation for Infiltrator. Birkal, while cute and a cult classic for artists, is corn dressed up as the grim reaper. :P

Dracoyoshi8
though i really love all three designs, and i will honestly be pleased regardless of the result.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Birkal

Getting tired of the "corn with a mask" argument. If that's the case, then we have a pineapple in a jacket and a snake with an apple tail. Check the supporting materials; all three of these designs are so much more. We're all in it to win it.

Go get 'em cornmon. I believe in you! Also, thanks to everyone who voted so far :)

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
Dracoyoshi8

Didn't really like it for the first two polls. However, for some reason, this poll makes me really really like the design as it seamlessly encompasses everything we have chosen thus far.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yilx

Really disappointed in this poll, Magisturm's design should be here.

No offense to the users but Birkal's and Dracoyoshi's design shouldnt be anywhere near this poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)