CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 8 (Art Poll 4)

Who's art should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i hoped that yDG would win, but i don't like it that 6 people had to be banned in the process. Hope this prevents poll tampering in the future.

I think this is so ridiculously close that they should just both win and be made into sprites. >_<

But congratulations to all the artists. Amazing art poll this time around.

Way to go YDG!

O.K. one more issue.. Why the hell would someone even want to rig a vote for a pokemon creation? That's retarted.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have altered the poll to prevent confusion with people that simply look at the poll to see who won. This post will serve for record-keeping purposes to keep the original results.

The original results were
Caladbolg 144
yourDeadGrandad 142

I removed the votes from the alts listed in my post above.
Caladbolg -13
yourDeadGrandad -4

That yields a final poll result of:
Caladbolg 131
yourDeadGrandad 138

This whole thing really stinks. Neither artist deserved this controversy. I'm sorry it ended like this.

Posting to say this is awful and that we are taking measures to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Cadablog~, I'm sorry you had a win ripped out from under you. That quite frankly... sucks. You are a great artist and I hope you participate in CAP again.

EDIT- Also, congratulations yDG. I like your design very much and can't wait to start spriting it.

This whole thing really stinks. Neither artist deserved this controversy. I'm sorry it ended like this.
^ This.

And it just makes me sad to think that this kind of thing could also have been done in the earlier polls, where it was down to the final 7...

Too bad there isn't some kind of post-requirement to become a VIP member, meaning it's not just an alt, to prevent this sort of thing. I know I've seen a VIP member thing elsewhere, but I don't remember what the forum type was, so I don't know if it would work in here or not...

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Wow that really sucks. I'm embarassed that people would actually resort to such disgusting and inconsiderate tactics just to get their way. This project is supposed to be a democratic process, and this is nothing short of outrageous on the part of those people.

My thoughts on the matter:

Yes this really sucks, but the good thing is that it's not going to happen again. Or if it will, just as it was now, it will not be tolerated.

Congrats to YDG.

But seriously, a huge congratulations to Caladbolg~, too. You're a great artist, and you really didn't deserve to have a win snatched out from under you. It sucks, but don't let it get you down, a'ight? I hope to see you participating in the next CAP, my man! :D :D

I'm new here and I have to concur that this is disappointing on more than one level. One would think the honor system would rule, but unfortunately it's shown to be otherwise. Hopefully this sort of controversy can be somehow averted in further polls and CAPs.

Nevertheless, these were two of my faves from the beginning and was going to be happy to see either win.

Serious props to both artists.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I just fucking hope that this didn't occur also for the base stats poll, otherwise I'd be doubly disappointed.

EDIT: It didn't. I've just checked. Thank God you people decided to play fair in that poll.

I'm really pissed off at this, what a bad reflection it is on our community that there are a bunch of fucktards who would cheat over something as trivial (no offence to the artists who did make wonderful art) as the design of the pokemon. The CAP prides itself on democratic integrity and having not just one but multiple individuals having the audacity to tamper with a poll result is absolute bollocks.

I hope these idiots are permbanned.

Well done tennis and DJD and others for being alert to this.

Yes good job on noticing this and dealing with it appropriately. Congrats to YDG for winning, I always liked the design from the beginning

Props to whoever kept an eye on such things for doing so, the voting is still legitimate now despite some cock jockeys dragging its reputation through the dirt. Now that this has been found out obviously it will be more fiercely enforced in the future

My Thoughts: You cant stop people being bell ends, this event shows that there are really decent people at smogon rather than cunts (who show up in all places anyway)

Argh, what a disappointing ending. I'm really glad the cheaters got caught, thugh, even if that means my favorite entry lost.

YourDeadGrandad is the legitimate winner, but I can't help but feel sorry for Caladbolog and Skyshroud, who were given hope by a bunch of retards that thought cheating was an option. Rest assured, your art is still awesome, and I really hope to see you around in future CAP projects.

But anyway, YDG's design is also a great design, and actually my second favorite, so it's good to see it representing CAP5. Congratulations!

I am glad that YDG won, but i feel sick that people would create alts for this kind of thing. It's a community event, and alt accounts completely robs the ethics and democracy of it.

I am disappointed that this would happen, and i feel that the alt accounts made it worse for Calad in the end, as he had his "victory" taken away from him.

Well done for the mods for sorting it out as well, I hope this never happens again.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I hope this sends out a clear message to everyone that cheating will not be tolerated in this project, and that those who do will not get away with it.

And yea.. as much as I am happy that the one I supported won.. I wish this had not happened, its unfair especially to the artists.

Consolations to Caladbolg~, and congrats yDG!

Also thank you to all those who helped to check the alts and caught the cheaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)