CAP 6 CAP 6 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karate Octopus? And here I was thinking my Luchadore Squid was kind of unique...

Again, Atyroki, gotta compliment you on the submission. The shells are a great touch.

i love the design. the only nitpick i have is the paddle as being to farfetch'd (heh). maybe have an offensive hand that's more like a cestus?
I agree on the nitpick and the suggestion. Pokémon should be very limited in the "weapons" they carry, with few exceptions. The paddle looks god, but a cestus with, let's say, a pointed seashell, would look just awesome.

But other than that... That design just blows my mind! It's amazing the the first submission is already SO good.

Cartoon's squid looks pretty good, too, but so far, Atryoki's is my favorite.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus

I improve the Harpon Fighter. I remade the fins, now they look more defensive. The weapon is part of its tail, and now is a trident.

What do you think?

So far, I prefer Atryoki's design, it looks very amazing, and the other designs do not really show the the ferocious side, and do not really look like they are fighting types, they look too soft in my opinion. Although Caladbolg's is catching on, nice work trying to make it more ferocious and fighting-type ;)

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Darkie, can I please get a rough estimate of how long the submissions thread is going to be open? I'm debating whether or not to make a submission and if I have enough time to.

Thanks, LR.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
[Kappamon]

So that's my first design, It's got like, some sort of sword and shield thing going on... but with a paddle and a turtle shell :/

I really like it actually :3
Water version of Gallade?

Pretty cool :) I liked the green you used, it fits perfectly with the design, but the paddle is too strange. It's a nice idea, but maybe it's too big, or detached from the body? I don't know :/

Okay, here we go. I decided to make a fighting type WITH NO ARMS or LEGS. Yeah, mostly because I thought it would be pretty cool.

So here is The Ramming Shark

I was orginally going to do a Basking Shark when I found out is was a Water type, but with Fighting as the second, I couldn't come up with anything. So I looked at the CAP2 art submissions for ideas, and there was a ghostly Viking. And I though how awsome would it be to have a Ramming Ship pokemon. After combining the two ideas, I got this thing.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I suggest all artists read the OP carefully. The rules for CAP 6 art are different than past CAP projects.

I'll just submit this as Final Submission...
That's a WIP, not a final submission. Final submissions need to be full color.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
New Pose for my submission [Supporting Material]:

Vigilante Pose

It's the same design, but more defensive pose, waiting for.
The trident-tail can be used in abilities like "Volt Absorb".

And here is the original Pose:

Punching Pose

So here is The Ramming Shark

I could totally see this breaking down a wall kool-aid style. Actually, I could generally see this wrecking stuff for a living.

If you would be able to "naturalize" the sails/oars more into the pokemon -- this might be pretty cool for a concept.

I like all of the designs posted so far, but Caladbolg's current rendition is really top notch. I would like to see the Mexican Squid worked on though, since squids are awesome (and not usually associated with brute strength).

New Pose for my submission [Supporting Material]:

Vigilante Pose

It's the same design, but more defensive pose, waiting for.
The trident-tail can be used in abilities like "Volt Absorb".

And here is the original Pose:

Punching Pose
I see a little to much swampert. I dont know if it was on purpose or not, but other than that it loooks great.

My favorite submissions are from Caladbolg~ and Cartoons!, me favoring Cartoons!' a bit more because of the other slightly resembling Swampert as stated before.

1059860's submission looks like Frieza. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)