1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 12 - Art Poll 3

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by darkie, Dec 25, 2008.

?

which art should we use?

1. aragornbird

40.9%
  2. Cartoons!

25.9%
  3. CyzirVisheen

33.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

Type: Water / Fight
    Ability: Unaware
    Stats: 105 HP / 110 Atk / 95 Def / 70 SpA / 100 SpD / 75 Spe

aragornbird
    [​IMG]
    Supporting Material

Cartoons!
    [​IMG]
    Supporting Material

CyzirVisheen
    [​IMG]
    Supporting Material
  2. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Let's start this off right.

Luchador Squid.

Now more than ever.
  3. Legacy Raider

Legacy Raider
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

aragonbird for me. Imo the most innovative, original and relevant design.
  4. Fuzzberry

Fuzzberry

I's gotta be Cartoons!. The little Luchador has a place in my heart.
  5. Wyverii

Wyverii "What I cannot create, I do not understand."
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Short explanation:
    I'm a sucker for colour so my vote'll go to CyzirVisheen with aragornbird's design riding right up behind in second place.

Long explanation:
    Cyzirvisheen's work through both colour scheme and overall look has created a fighting design that looks less like he's going to beat you up out of aggression and more out of self-defense unlike the pirate based or wrestler based designs and that appeals more to my nature. The fact that it's also not based on an octopus/squid design which has been done before also goes in its favour as well. That is my own personal preference in the matter.

I must say, the standard of designs in this project is impeccable with quite the selection available this time around. Every participant should be proud of themselves for their work win or lose for helping to place a face on the hard worked stats. I'm not sad for the loss since nearly every design submitted would have been a wonderful choice. Well done to all.

(Now bring on the sprite polls! I'm looking at you rival KoA. ;p)
  6. Hyra

Hyra
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Cyzir says "Show me your moves."

but wow, darkie is moving very quickly, especially because some people can't get on during Christmas.
  7. darkie

is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

there were 192 votes in the last poll. usually I move on after ~150, but more people vote for art because apparently that's the most important part of the project??
  8. kingdra-13

kingdra-13

No! What happened to Wyverii's...*sob sob*. Oh but what ever, 'cause CyzirVisheen got my vote...
  9. TekkenStorm

TekkenStorm

Darkie, your title is wrong... it should be Art poll 3 not 2
  10. darkie

Public Relations

lol i fixed it.
  11. the_artic_one

the_artic_one

To be fair, it takes only a few seconds to look at ~10 pictures and decide which one you like whereas it can take a few hours to look at ~10 stat spreads or movesets and run a bunch of calcs to decide which one you like.
  12. Rujak

Rujak

It's gotta be the Luchador Squid.
    Fits right in with the Sugimori crowd.
    Gee, if I were Cartoons, I'd make another animation to promote my design...*wink wink* *NUDGE NUDGE* :)
  13. foibles

foibles

I still like cyzir's. Aragornbird's is nice, but I think that Cartoons! looks a) too much like a ghost and b) to mean. lets go cyzir!
  14. X-Trader

X-Trader

Calm, serene, and about to kick your ass... CyzirVisheen
  15. Terminator

Terminator

cartoons..

The artwork is really amazing, it gives you a sense of pride when you see such an amazing octopy drew...I mean you get so proud you have such a great artist in the community that can draw so many awesome pokemons..

It kind of looks like the last pokemons in the pokedex (460-510) those are the cool ones since they look like digimons, and considering they look like digimons then that means they're pretty much win as the sense of complixity they have is truely amazing.
  16. Infiltrator

Infiltrator

Voted Aragornbird. Its my favorite now that Caladbolg's has been eliminated.
  17. Thorns

Thorns

aragornbird as always. While CyzirVisheen's does look awesome, as does Cartoons!, I think aragornbird's perfectly melds the Water/Fighting type.
  18. Master of the Six Kings

Master of the Six Kings

Come on people, Octillery doesn't need a grumpy uncle! Cyzir's design is just too awesome!
  19. Metallic

Metallic

I voted for CyzirVisheen, but, honestly, I'll be happy either way. These are all amazing.
  20. Hazmat

Hazmat

Voting Cartoons! It looks very bulky, physical, and unified.

Aragornbird's looks amazing, I'd totally be fine if it won, too.

Cyzir's looks "cool", just not nearly as bulky as the stats suggest IMO. I'm also not a big fan of the complexity, clothes, or the bell-shaped silhouette :/
  21. Time Mage

Time Mage

Voted Cartoons! again, and I'm glad it made through the second poll, since I wasn't able to vote on that one.

All three designs are great. However, I feel that Cartoon's hits perfectly the middle road that many pokémon designs have in common: Being inspired by an animal, but not being too obvious on that inspiration.

That, and the eyes: I love its eyes!
  22. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Went with aragornbird, but all three are amazing. Still, it's always been between the squids for me.
  23. Lady Bug

Lady Bug 車 ☆彡 King of the Desert ☆彡 車
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

It's too hard to choose between aragornbird and CyzirVisheen, my vote will be for CyzirVisheen.
  24. Duck Tape Son

Duck Tape Son

ROFL, CyzirVisheen wins too much. Vote for CyzirVisheen or else.
  25. Zoro

Zoro

Ima for Cartoons! again I kinda dun like the others =o.. so close atm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)