1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 15 - Sprite Poll 1

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by cyberzero, May 17, 2009.

?

Which sprite should we use for CAP8?

1. Wizwum

2.8%
  2. Estranged

5.8%
  3. Clawed Nyasu

25.8%
  4. DarthVader317

6.7%
  5. Headpunch

11.1%
  6. Wyverii

38.3%
  7. KoA

11.4%
  8. DougJustDoug

40.6%
  9. aragornbird

56.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberzero

cyberzero
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Our Pokemon so far:

[​IMG]

Name: Cyclohm
    Type: Electric / Dragon
    Style Bias: Somewhat Defensive
    Build Bias: Mixed, possibly Special
    Ability: Shield Dust/Static
    Stats: 108 HP/60 Atk/118 Def/112 Sp Atk/70 Sp Def/80 Spe

This poll determines the battle sprite that will be used when the pokemon is implemented on the CAP battle server. Sprite submissions for the art poll will be selected by the Topic Leader, based on preference and feedback in the Sprite Submission thread. The sprites for all voting options should be included in the OP and referenced by artist name in the poll.

This is a clicky poll where you may vote for as many submissions as you desire. Please do not vote for all of the submissions as it may lead to unnecessary extraneous polls. The options are:
  2. bumfacepik

bumfacepik

Im going to vote for Aragornbird's submission, it looks bulky but looks cute at the same time. I love it!
  3. MapleSandwich

MapleSandwich

Doug, just Doug, gets my vote. It's the only thing that looks even remotely draconic (with the little fang detail).
  4. CyzirVisheen

CyzirVisheen Am I poplar yet?
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I have to say, I liked a lot of the sprites, and I honestly don't mind who wins. That being said, I'm really rooting for Clawed Nyasu's sprite.
  5. The Business Man

The Business Man

DougJustDoug's for sure. Aragornbird's would be great too though.
  6. Gir!

Gir!

Its good to see HeadPunch´s submission is doing relatively well, 6 votes so far is not that bad, and Wyverii is doing well too. I know I have repeated this over and over again, but HeadPunch is, as of my, my favorite sprite, I just hope it manages to pass the round
  7. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

Doug's sprite was really amazing, he involved a dynamic and relatively new pose, with the awesome shiny sprite i love and the effort he placed in making the sprite, doing all the changes people sugested, show how much he worked to make a great design, which he did.

Clawed Nyasu's is a very good one, with the bulky and "in guard" pose he added, looks very well done, and while being cute, it keeps the dangerous sense the dragons should have.

Aragornbird's did an amazing job by adding beutiful light details on his sprite, using a combination of cuteness and bulkyness like few other contendants, and i really like his idea for the gender difference.

Wyverii's one has a tremendous pose, coupled with the eyes looking at the opponent like thinking "im going to destroy you!". It looks like a dedicated sprite and a great shiny color too.

Awesome job this CAP spriters! You never let the community down x)
  8. Clawed Nyasu

Clawed Nyasu

Wow. I never would have believed that this many submissions would be so good. Aragornbird's is still my favorite, but I need to give mention to Doug's. I'll be honest--I couldn't stand it in the beginning, but all of the changes he made in the last day or so have only now started to "click" in my head. The heads in particular are 394032 times more appealing to me now. There are still a few things I don't like about the body and legs, but to each their own, right?

And I'm throwing a vote to Estranged. Despite the fact that his sprite is weaker on the mechanics side compared to many, it has my favorite pose ever, and besides the huge claws, the most stylistically true to the original design, imo.
  9. Ash Borer

Ash Borer Throttle Chopper
    is a Pre-Contributor

DJD was the best backsprite, I wish I could vote for his back, and wyverii's front.
  10. Justice_X

Justice_X

I voted for aragornbird's, but I liked DougJustDoug's shiny color. White and Light Blue would look absolute amazing on this Pokemon, I wish ara had used those colors.

How come when you quote someone there's a "Fat" before their name?
  11. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Voted for Wyverii's, it's the best IMO.
  12. zyrefredric

zyrefredric

I love aragorbird's front pose
    but DougJustDoug back spriteis a total win! ^_^
    and as Justice X said, the color scheme for the shiny is so much better
  13. Kamen Rider

Kamen Rider

Voted for Wyveils. Though the other spriters did fanatastic jobs as well. So Im pretty sure I will be happy with whoever the final winner is.
  14. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

It was a toss up for me between aragornbird's and Doug's design. I ended up going with aragornbird. I like the how the positioning for the back sprite in each are closer up than the other submissions, but the pose seems a little more natural for me in ab's.
  15. Lostmyth

Lostmyth

I wish Atyroki submitted the first sprite he made, but hey you can't get everything you want so I voted for KoA.
  16. Hazmat

Hazmat

I personally feel that AB's is the superior sprite. Everyone put in a fantastic effort though.

Even though they aren't "big names" yet, a few of the unsung spriters are doing better and improving at a good rate. A little part of me is rooting for the underdogs this round, I might try spriting the next CAP just because you guys always put in a good effort.

I'm finally starting to feel like the CAP art is stabilizing, the good get better and the better stay good.
  17. SoT

SoT Yes please!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Love Dougs shiny version. #1 pick x)

Wyv and Aragorn also got the nod from me.

They all look great, I love all the poses. Good work guys ^^
  18. foibles

foibles

Even though I only voted for my very favorites, I think that any of these would make a fine sprite for CAP8. I'm proud that we have such talent around here. :D
  19. Spectral Image

Spectral Image

Had to go with DougJustDoug's submission on this. I loved everything about it from the lightning where the necks meet the cloud to the different take on the back sprite. Despite that all of the sprites look great and I would be fine with any other sprite winning.
  20. Chomz

Chomz

Darn, transparent backgrounds... I'll remember that next time. *cries in a corner*
  21. SMZ

SMZ

Voted for Aragornbird, as I liked his best. Though DJD's and KoA's are also awesome, and would not mind if they won.
  22. ShayminSOcute

ShayminSOcute

Doug's back sprite truly is amazing but i had to go with wyverii on class.
  23. SunshineCat

SunshineCat

Aragornbird you get my vote~

It's very cute and 'bulky' which works for it and the back sprite is truly superb. Extreme work.

24. ch00blet

ch00blet

I voted for Doug and Aragornbird. Doug's backsprite is AMAZING and Argornbird's front sprites are perfect... also Aragornbird's shiny colour scheme is by far the best.
  25. Victanda

Victanda

I only voted for Aragornbird, as I really want it to win so I decided not to vote for Doug, Nyasu or Wyverii as well. They still were amazing, especially Doug's back sprite. What I love in Aragorn's? Well... simply put everything! The colours (both; normal and the shiny), the pose and the drawing which makes it look bulky, cute and totally awesome. Good job everyone!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)