CAP and Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the progressive update I would have like, but I have all the front sprites for Tomohawk ready. I lowered the framerate somewhat, so while it isn't as smooth, the lines don't 'quiver' as much.

I got some feedback suggesting a smoother transition when the wings fold. It'll probably happen, but I'd like to get to the backsprites first.

No plans to animate the Gen 4 sprites, but I'd be happy to make this regular with the new generation of CAPs. I expect to have more time this winter, so the waiting period between sprite creation and animation won't be so long.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Hmm.

I added 3 intermediate frames to the wings closing and 2 intermediate frames to the wings opening, and compressed the file from 156 KB down to 98 KB.

The wings still open/close way too fast, but at least now it doesn't look like they're teleporting.

If you can't see the difference very clearly, here's a comparison:

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I'd almost suggest inserting a couple--2 to 5--still frames as the wings close fully, and then "teleport" to the fully open and extended frame. Either that, or have a frame in between at most.

It would give the intimidation pose of the wings a bit more "oomph" (is that even the right word) to it, and would be more in-line with in-game animations that feature brief pauses.

Initially, I only wanted the closed-wing pose to last for an instant as the antic before the wide open intimidation stance. But I like how the slower folding of the wings looks and I'll see how it looks if I leave him covered like that for a whole beat before extending again.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I thought Cartoons created the first iteration and then Aesoft added the extra few frames. Either way they look awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)