1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP and Showdown

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by Zarel, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Cartoons!

Cartoons! !!!
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Not the progressive update I would have like, but I have all the front sprites for Tomohawk ready. I lowered the framerate somewhat, so while it isn't as smooth, the lines don't 'quiver' as much.

Show Hide
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I got some feedback suggesting a smoother transition when the wings fold. It'll probably happen, but I'd like to get to the backsprites first.

No plans to animate the Gen 4 sprites, but I'd be happy to make this regular with the new generation of CAPs. I expect to have more time this winter, so the waiting period between sprite creation and animation won't be so long.
  2. Bobtheball4

Bobtheball4 CAP Playtesting Expert

the tomohawk, looks very neat and nice.
  3. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

That sprite... I'm in love.
  4. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Hmm.

[​IMG]

I added 3 intermediate frames to the wings closing and 2 intermediate frames to the wings opening, and compressed the file from 156 KB down to 98 KB.

The wings still open/close way too fast, but at least now it doesn't look like they're teleporting.

If you can't see the difference very clearly, here's a comparison:

[​IMG]
  5. LouisCyphre

LouisCyphre heralds disaster.

I'd almost suggest inserting a couple--2 to 5--still frames as the wings close fully, and then "teleport" to the fully open and extended frame. Either that, or have a frame in between at most.

It would give the intimidation pose of the wings a bit more "oomph" (is that even the right word) to it, and would be more in-line with in-game animations that feature brief pauses.
  6. Cartoons!

Cartoons! !!!
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Initially, I only wanted the closed-wing pose to last for an instant as the antic before the wide open intimidation stance. But I like how the slower folding of the wings looks and I'll see how it looks if I leave him covered like that for a whole beat before extending again.
  7. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus

Wow those animated sprites are fantastic! Great job guys!
  8. Bobtheball4

I think aesoft animated the sprites.
  9. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus

I thought Cartoons created the first iteration and then Aesoft added the extra few frames. Either way they look awesome :)
  10. Bobtheball4

oh yeah. your right, and aesoft added/fixed up some features on them.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)