Cinccino

My main problem with chillaccino is how similar it is to ambipom. same typing, abilities, (pickup and cute charm are useless) and very similar stats make it so that the only distinction is movepool

a side by side comparison of stats:

Chillaccino: 75/95/60/65/60/115

Ambipom: 75/100/66/60/66/115

none of their base stats are more than 6 apart, which is quite remarkable. Chillaccino only has more sp. Att. which he probably won't use too much anyway.

So what really Sets them apart is movepool. and while Chillachino has numerous multi-hit moves to abuse, ambipom has fake-out, taunt, and other staples that make him an effective lead.

tl;dr: I think chillachino is useful for hitting hard with multi hit Attacks, while ambipom is still a superior lead. but I'm not exactly a pokemon authority, so my thoughts aren't law.
Totally posted almost this exact thing a week ago. lol. Literally, go back a page. Guess that means I agree with you though.

I'd suggest King's Rock be slashed in on the Skill Link set. I've used it to decent success. A 50% chance to flinch is nice and so far not having the extra damage from LO hasn't hurt me. I didn't really like using LO because Chila dies way too fast using it when Entry hazards and sand are up.

I'd suggest King's Rock be slashed in on the Skill Link set. I've used it to decent success. A 50% chance to flinch is nice and so far not having the extra damage from LO hasn't hurt me. I didn't really like using LO because Chila dies way too fast using it when Entry hazards and sand are up.
unfortunately for chila, that's not how probability works. if he has 5 hits, each with a 10% chance of flinching it ink there would be about a 41% chance of flinching. I think. probability is weird.

unfortunately for chila, that's not how probability works. if he has 5 hits, each with a 10% chance of flinching it ink there would be about a 41% chance of flinching. I think. probability is weird.
Maybe. i don't really know, but this is how i end up with 50%:
1/10=0.1, 5x0.1=0.5=1/2, 1/2=x/100<=>2x=100<=>x=50%
Again, I could be wrong, but I'd like someone to show me how so. It would be helpful in general.

Maybe. i don't really know, but this is how i end up with 50%:
1/10=0.1, 5x0.1=0.5=1/2, 1/2=x/100<=>2x=100<=>x=50%
Again, I could be wrong, but I'd like someone to show me how so. It would be helpful in general.
Assuming that this is how the mechanics work (every hit of a multihit has a 10% chance to flinch with KR) I'm 99% sure it's chance of not flinching = .9^5. which is 59%, meaning a 41% chance to flinch.

still probably worth considering - sure, it's outclassed as a flincher by the Serene Grace superfriends, but the question is whether the chance to flinch beats LO/lefties/etc, and i think it might.

I'm 99% sure it's chance of not flinching = .9^5. which is 59%, meaning a 41% chance to flinch.
This is correct.

I've been using king's rock chillachino and have been pleasantly surprised by its effectiveness. Yes the flinch chance is lower than jirachi and togekiss' "flinch" attacks, but sweep slap is significantly more powerful than iron head and air slash, even with chillachino's lower attack stat. Other moves like bullet seed, encore and u-turn really give this pokemon a great niche in the dream world metagame, in my opinion.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is correct.

I've been using king's rock chillachino and have been pleasantly surprised by its effectiveness. Yes the flinch chance is lower than jirachi and togekiss' "flinch" attacks, but sweep slap is significantly more powerful than iron head and air slash, even with chillachino's lower attack stat. Other moves like bullet seed, encore and u-turn really give this pokemon a great niche in the dream world metagame, in my opinion.

How successful is this Chillachino in general? 41% of a flinch chance sounds very nifty, especially when Chillachino has the ability to KO some of the game's defensive walls. Getting a second chance to KO an annoying wall sounds like a good idea. Even more entertaining is the fact that it can U-turn to its safe switches or use Thunder Wave to coax a Flinch chance.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I see this thing mainly as a Substitute breaker in singles in the lower tiers when(if) Skill Link is released.

Fake Out will really help it in doubles and rotation.

Chillachino: the only pokemon who could uses claw sharpen well...but doesnt get it...

Oh gamefreak -____________-

On topic:I don't think chillachino should be compared to ambipom. There stats are similar and they have the same typing and ability, but I think chillachinos more comparable to cloyster. They both specialize in multi-hit moves and can cause massive damage if used correctly. The thing ambipom does the most is use fake out and u turn...that sounds more like kojondo does it not?

The fact that this thing doesn't get Fake Out sucks. TechOrb'd Fake Out is great, although Ambipom is so closely related to this guy that it doesn't matter. My set for Chirachiino:
TechOrb
Adamant
6 HP/ 252 Attack / 252 Speed
@Life Orb
Technician​
  • Sweep Slap​
  • Wake-Up Slap​
  • Bullet Seed / Rock Blast​
  • Aqua Tail​

Chirachiino doesn't need max Speed at Base 115 unless your looking to revenge-kill (In which case, Choice Scarf is now your item and you replace Sweep Slap with Get Even [Vengence is a better name...anyway...]). You could opt for Rock Blast if you don't mind the Accuracy issue. Rock Blast + Wake-Up Slap provides excellent type-coverage, especially alongside Aqua Tail and Sweep Slap / Vengence. iirc, Chirachiino hits around 313 with max Attack, so this 'mon isn't bad at all when using TechOrb and those multi-hit moves. I give it a 4/5 overall.

The fact that this thing doesn't get Fake Out sucks. TechOrb'd Fake Out is great, although Ambipom is so closely related to this guy that it doesn't matter. My set for Chirachiino:
TechOrb
Adamant
6 HP/ 252 Attack / 252 Speed
@Life Orb​

Technician
  • Sweep Slap​
  • Wake-Up Slap​
  • Bullet Seed / Rock Blast​
  • Aqua Tail​
Chirachiino doesn't need max Speed at Base 115 unless your looking to revenge-kill (In which case, Choice Scarf is now your item and you replace Sweep Slap with Get Even [Vengence is a better name...anyway...]). You could opt for Rock Blast if you don't mind the Accuracy issue. Rock Blast + Wake-Up Slap provides excellent type-coverage, especially alongside Aqua Tail and Sweep Slap / Vengence. iirc, Chirachiino hits around 313 with max Attack, so this 'mon isn't bad at all when using TechOrb and those multi-hit moves. I give it a 4/5 overall.
get even doesn't work cross turns, which means that it will only double in power if an ally pokémon fainted thw turn get even is used, the turn before doesn't count.

Chillachino looks so cuddly. One of my favorite additions this generation is Skill Link/Technician + buffed Multi-hit moves, and this Pokemon seems like it can use it well.

Looks like a interesting Pokemon,it can be quite effective, it's design it's awesome too, I think it's a Pokemon worth considering on UU and maybe OU teams.

Does this thing have any reliable way to hit Steels? I see that it gets Dig, which, yeah it-sucks-cause-the-opponent-can-switch-out blah blah blah, but it seems like it would be decent enough. Yeah, so the opponent switches to something, but chances are Chillachino is going to outspeed what ever comes in, and slap the shit out of it with Sweep Slap, as well as the opponent taking the Dig. Like I said, seems like it would be a good alternative than having another pokemon just to deal with Steels.

Does this thing have any reliable way to hit Steels? I see that it gets Dig, which, yeah it-sucks-cause-the-opponent-can-switch-out blah blah blah, but it seems like it would be decent enough. Yeah, so the opponent switches to something, but chances are Chillachino is going to outspeed what ever comes in, and slap the shit out of it with Sweep Slap, as well as the opponent taking the Dig. Like I said, seems like it would be a good alternative than having another pokemon just to deal with Steels.
In my experience of using Chirachino, I mainly used him as a Clean up sweeper. Meaning, most steals were low on health or out of the way by the time I pull this fuzzball in. HOWEVER, it DOES get Wake Up Slap, and although it isnt the BEST fighting move ever, it definitely has enough power (especially behind a life orb) to do some good damage.

hmm, I dunno how I missed Wake-Up Slap. That would work well on a Technician based set. Still, it seems like Technician is the inferior ability, and as a user, it is outclassed by Ambipom. It just seems like this poke was meant to abuse Skill Link+ all those badass multi-hit moves it gets, especially STAB (and damn near exclusive) Sweep Slap.

hmm, I dunno how I missed Wake-Up Slap. That would work well on a Technician based set. Still, it seems like Technician is the inferior ability, and as a user, it is outclassed by Ambipom. It just seems like this poke was meant to abuse Skill Link+ all those badass multi-hit moves it gets, especially STAB (and damn near exclusive) Sweep Slap.
Agreed. I mean, technician is a great ability.... but skill link has won me many battles with this little monster.

Skill Link + Life Orb
Bullet Seed
Sweep Slap
Rock Blast
Wake Up Slap/U-Turn

Worked wonders.

Looks like a interesting Pokemon,it can be quite effective, it's design it's awesome too, I think it's a Pokemon worth considering on UU and maybe OU teams.
I've been using it in OU, and it's great even there, outspeeding much of the metagame while dealing massive damage to anything.

Never underestimate it because of its questionable attack stat, it hits like a truck.

It's kind of like pikachu V2, though, setting up is unlikely because of its paper defenses, but it has plenty of up front power, but then with a speed stat that doesn't suck.

I've fought this thing and I have to admit that it isn't something to underestimate in the right hands. I don't know if it will make OU, but this guy could easily reach BL or top UU without a problem. Hell if it does make OU then that means more pokes to use so we don't have to see the same damn thing in ever battle. lol

Praying for more than 60 pokes to make OU.

Agreed. I mean, technician is a great ability.... but skill link has won me many battles with this little monster.

Skill Link + Life Orb
Bullet Seed
Sweep Slap
Rock Blast
Wake Up Slap/U-Turn

Worked wonders.
I was surprisingly swept by a Chillachino, with a similar moveset to that, that was Baton Passed a one or two SD's and some speed boosts by a Ninjask. I had sent out Skarmory when I had expected the Ninjask to BP (which it did), to Chillachino. I was relying on Sturdy to let me get a Whirlwind off, but it did me in with Rock Blast. It is actually a very surprising sweeper; being able to avoid Sashes and Study Pokemon is very helpful to Chillachino.

Personally I prefer Technician than skill link after 3 hits technician end up doing more damage
This. While Skill Link grants you immediate 125 base power moves, Technician has at worst 75 base power moves (and at best 187), not to mention Wake Up Slap is awesome for coverage.

Yeesh, this entire topic is like... so circular. Seriously, if you go back and read the entire thread it's basically...

Skill Link, zomg. Calcs for Technician Vs. Skill Link.
Ambipom Comparisons.
Someone forgets about the calcs done already. Cue more Tech Vs. Skill Link
Cue more Ambipom comparisons.

The King's Rock thing looked pretty neat too. Here's hoping for Icicle Spear in the third game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)