Pokémon Clawitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is anyone complaining that Clawitzer is bad because it has the same niche as Mega Blastoise when the latter takes up a mega slot on your team which another mega could fill better. Not to mention, Mega Blastoise trades its item for a Mega Stone. Clawitzer actually outclasses Mega Blastoise offensively by a long stretch.

I'm curious, does anyone have a guess as to how well a Clawitzer with an Assault Vest would be able to tank and hurt Mega Gengar with Mega Launcher Boosted Dark Pulse?
252+ SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. +1 4 HP / 0 SpD (custom) Clawitzer: 129-153 (45.42 - 53.87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA (custom) Clawitzer Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar: 282-334 (108.04 - 127.96%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I think I did that right.

Lol when you done comparing pokemon that are not comparable I will say Clawitzer and Crawduant will be/remain RU because of their sets and Kingler stay NU
Lolls all around!
252+ SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. +1 4 HP / 0 SpD (custom) Clawitzer: 129-153 (45.42 - 53.87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA (custom) Clawitzer Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar: 282-334 (108.04 - 127.96%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I think I did that right.
Wouldn't mega gengar carry tbolt or energy ball? Unless you mean switching in on shadow ball, I think it would have a better option it take out clawitzer. Good calcs though.

well for one thing, my Shiny Clawitzer is lax. I actually don't mind it too much as I needed a bulky switch in. I calculated that lax 252 defense evs is indeed better than 252 hp evs against physical attakers. Add leftovers and it turns many 2 hit KOs into 3 hit KOS.

Not my pic.
looks badass doesn't it?
....sorry for the derailment
Clawitzer does seem redundant with Mega 'Stoise, but of course it doesn't take up the mega slot.
He has great SpA, so I can say that he can be played with a nature that puts his respectable defenses to use as a special tank. He still needs 252 evs in spA though. I recommend making him a physical tank, because electrec and grass moves tend to be special, dealing considerable damage anyways.
My moveset is
Dragon Pulse
AquaPulse
Dark Pulse
Aura sphere

...though i'm really considering replacing dark pulse with energy ball due to redundant coverage and being tanked by waters.

Yeah, Shiny Clawitzer looks amazing and I want one. Shiny Dragalge is pretty cool too, actually.

Why is anyone complaining that Clawitzer is bad because it has the same niche as Mega Blastoise when the latter takes up a mega slot on your team which another mega could fill better. Not to mention, Mega Blastoise trades its item for a Mega Stone. Clawitzer actually outclasses Mega Blastoise offensively by a long stretch.
I think that's definitely a bit of exaggeration; Blastoise has much stronger bulk and can Rapid Spin on top of it. Clawitzer definitely occupies a different role than Megastoise though, since it can run Specs/Assault Vest/etc. which is what I'll assume you were trying to say. Both can be good in their own right, though I rather doubt that Clawitzer will be much higher than UU, while Blastoise still has plenty of potential to be OU.

He has great SpA, so I can say that he can be played with a nature that puts his respectable defenses to use as a special tank. He still needs 252 evs in spA though. I recommend making him a physical tank, because electrec and grass moves tend to be special, dealing considerable damage anyways.
My moveset is
Dragon Pulse
AquaPulse
Dark Pulse
Aura sphere

...though i'm really considering replacing dark pulse with energy ball due to redundant coverage and being tanked by waters.
I think Ice Beam's SE coverage probably makes it better over Dragon Pulse too despite the WL boost. Don't forget about Dark Pulse as an option for dealing with Aegislash too, but yeah, Energy Ball sounds like good coverage for him, even if it doesn't get the boost (which I'm assuming it doesn't?)

I'm been testing Clawitzer on Wifi and its a very ON or OFF pokemon. Sometimes it does very well, sometimes it disappoints extremely. No in between here.

I would probably replace dragonpulse with IceBeam because it only hits obe thing for SE. I like it for neutral hits when my actual stab is resisted but Ice beam has the coverage

In what teams and situations do you find that it excels and fails in?
I run Ice Beam, so he has surprised many people when i took a EQ and OHKO'd Garchomp. Also OHKO'd a TTar with Aura Sphere. He is then swiftly revenged killed but he done his job imo.

I feel like Water Pulse doesnt hit as hard as it should, or at least i thought. Also while he i bulky he falls easier than i expected. He cannot be switched in, more of a lone wolf which kind of kills synergy imo. Once he is in, he's good. But its hard to find situations where he accels. I used him recently as a lead as he can kill Talonflame and TTar leads

Yeah, he works pretty well as lead, as long as he's at full HP, he'll usually ki... I mean faint at least one Pokemon, if he's still healthy or the other team is slow as shit, then might take one more with him. On rare occasions, I have swept with him :O (though it was 3 on 3 XP). He is good, but it sucks when you can't switch him into anything, except special hits if you run Assault vest, which, imo, I feel is the best item to use on him. Life orb cuts his survivability, chioce specs will probs force you out too often, and leftovers is definitely not going to save 71 88 89 defenses. With Assault vest, you can at least pretend he's a bulky water XP.

I'm new here but here goes.
Im trying to run a clawitzer with a
bold nature
Hp:252 Def:252 SpA:4
Assault vest
Dark pulse
Ice Beam
Water pulse
Aura Sphere
I think this pokemon would be a superb tank.

I'm new here but here goes.
Im trying to run a clawitzer with a
bold nature
Hp:252 Def:252 SpA:4
Assault vest
Dark pulse
Ice Beam
Water pulse
Aura Sphere
I think this pokemon would be a superb tank.
I am currently planning on using Clawitzer in my Standard Offensive Team in Pokemon Y. For me, personally I would invest the evs and ivs into it's special attack and speed rather than defenses reason being; mono water typing and decent natural bulk. With that bulk I would not worry about scarfing it since it can take in some hits. I would choose to use Choice Specs with a Timid nature or Modest. But this is my idea of an offensive one it is still good for a tank.

Clawitzer @ Choice Specs
Trait: Mega Launcher
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
Timid or Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam (Over Dragon Pulse to take care of pesky grass types)

I am currently planning on using Clawitzer in my Standard Offensive Team in Pokemon Y. For me, personally I would invest the evs and ivs into it's special attack and speed rather than defenses reason being; mono water typing and decent natural bulk. With that bulk I would not worry about scarfing it since it can take in some hits. I would choose to use Choice Specs with a Timid nature or Modest. But this is my idea of an offensive one it is still good for a tank.

Clawitzer @ Choice Specs
Timid or Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
A man after my own heart running this set. As stated many times IceBeam is better than DragonPulse because it hits Grass AND Dragon types despite no ML boost. Also if you want to 2HKO/OKHO almost everything go with Modest (what I use on showdown). If you are worried about not KOing with Timid though hazard support is Claw's best friend especially StickyWeb. Ive swept twice with Claw (and once with Diggersby [both slow pokes]) thanks to StickyWeb

To be honest, I think clawitzer has INSANE potential. I EV trained it to have max Sp. Atk, and and even spit of the Defences and it seems crazily tanky whilst being able to dish out punishment. I recommend Dark Pulse/Dragon Pulse, Water Pulse, Aura Sphere and Aqua Jet/U turn. It's a great mix of types that seems to cripple the majority of opponents. I think he functions as more of a hybrid than a straight up sweeper, so that would be good to keep in mind.

A man after my own heart running this set. As stated many times IceBeam is better than DragonPulse because it hits Grass AND Dragon types despite no ML boost
Another advantages of Ice Beam are the super-effective coverage and the lack of immunities :P

This is possibly the most straightforward poke to use I've ever seen. Can't set up and sweep, can't use any worthwhile support moves. It literally can't do anything worthwhile other than a set with four attacks on it, and at this rate it appears like it's probably going to be the same four moves almost all the time - you're guaranteed to be using Water Pulse, Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere, and it looks like Ice Beam is going to be the preferred option 90% of the time over Dragon Pulse - although, I actually have Sludge Bomb on mine in that slot, because every other choice leaves you hard-walled by Azumarill. You still get most of the Grass types that way, although you do miss out on quite a lot of damage against certain Dragon types - Salamence, Dragonite, Garchomp, Dragalge and Goodra in particular, although you can still hit them neutrally for fairly solid damage with your other three moves. Hydreigon, Kyurem and the Latis all get hit plenty hard by Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse.

Its EV spread and nature ought to be pretty simple to figure out too - you obviously want to dump 252 EVs into Sp. Atk no matter what, and the remaining 252 probably want to go into HP. Speed is awful so it's not worth bothering with, Attack is too low to bother with also despite Swords Dance. Nature is probably going to be Modest 90% of the time, although there's a small chance of Bold or Calm if you want to buff his survivability a little.

The only real rub when speccing this guy out is the question of what item you use. Do you use Choice Specs and risk locking yourself in, when Clawitzer's main selling point is his great coverage? Is Life Orb's damage boost worth eroding his bulk away? Does it hit Super Effectively often enough to warrant Expert Belt? Perhaps it wants Assault Vest or Leftovers to boost its longevity, but will it have the firepower necessary with no boosting item? In the end, it doesn't actually seem to matter all that much, as his role stays the same no matter which one you use - take hits and fire back. I actually think one decent option not yet mentioned might be a Focus Sash, so you can use him as a utility check to runaway sweepers.

Clawitzer @ Choice Specs
Timid or Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
Speed EVs sucks on him !, he can't outspeed sh!t, go 252 Sp.Atk and 252 HP

Water Pulse
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Ice Beam

All of Clawitzer's most common moves (Water Pulse, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, and Dragon Pulse) are walled by Azumarill. It'd probably be better to run Sludge Bomb over Ice Beam/Dragon Pulse, because it hits Azumarill and most grass types super effectively, even if it doesn't get pseudo-STAB.

So I tried my Bold clawitzer with 252 Evs in hp and defense and assault vest. It rocks as a lead. I have destroyed teams with him alone. He's gauranteed to put decent damage on another pokemon and it's hard to resist him with his bulk and high Spa. All he needs is good support.
I'm using ice beam, dark pulse, water pulse :) and aura sphere.
Aegislash
Tyranitar
Blaziken
Yveital
Mewtwo , x, y
Mega gengar
Lucario
They get smashed
True tank guys

Max in HP and Def with Assault Vest actually sounds like a pretty good way to go with this guy. He already hits pretty hard, and I'm guessing he'd even do well uninvested with EVs and such bulking him up.

Zemyla mentioned Sludge Bomb, and I think it's definitely worth considering even just for coverage on Azumarill. I mean if your team has a counter for it, that's fine too, but yeah… Surprising an unsuspecting Azuzu who thinks he walls you sounds like a pretty appealing prospect to me.

Yes that is definitely something to consider. I run a banded play rough azuzu myself and that thing is a monster. Hitting it with a sludge bomb will definitely surprise it. It will be a great counter to those bastard fairies.
But which move to replace with sludge bomb?

Yes that is definitely something to consider. I run a banded play rough azuzu myself and that thing is a monster. Hitting it with a sludge bomb will definitely surprise it. It will be a great counter to those bastard fairies.
But which move to replace with sludge bomb?
Well if you're going for coverage then Water Pulse, Dark Pulse and Sludge Bomb hits ALMOST everything for at least neutral damage, Dry Skin Croagunk/Toxicroak being the sole exceptions, so it'd probably make sense to use Ice Beam. If you're not worried about getting walled by Toxicroak, however, then Aura Sphere wins out, I guess (Although with Toxicroak's sub-par defences, you might be ok to use Aura Sphere still).

Im running a Modest, HP/SpA, Assault Vest Clawitzer and gotta say this guy is my secret weapon. Pure water types have so few weaknesses and are rarely seen in todays metagame.

Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Water Pulse, and Dark Pulse.........this guy can counter so many things and if its SE, it tends to be a OHKO. Bout the only exception was that it "almost" takes out a mega garchomp with dragon pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)