College Decisions: Where are you going?

I will be attending the University of Waterloo come the Fall! My acceptance letter was one of the most relieving moments of my life... I was extremely nervous about not being accepted, and I was declined to my third option before I heard anything from UW... So glad to be going! My program is Honours Science, which is kinda general science cause I'm not quiet sure yet what I want to go into. Psychology or Biology (and then what kinda Biology...) are my main choices. I'm taking Intro to Psych and Intro to Zoology so, whatever I like more I'll pursue.

Took a lot of work and push to get myself in, now I gotta apply 10x more of that drive and excel in uni. So nervous... Any tips for a first year-er?

About to start my 3rd year at the University of Minnesota in a few weeks, majoring in Astrophysics. Beginning to look into options for graduate school for after that, so it's going to be a long road ahead of me. However this is the best time to be in college really, with the economy as it is, and in my field stopping at a bachelors degree won't do much for me other than teaching high school physics or something, which I'm not interested in at all.

I hope to go Tri-C Community College for they're excellent landscaping program. Sure, you might say that community colleges are for losers, but I don't have the money to be spending on some giant college intuition. =P

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I will be attending the University of Waterloo come the Fall! My acceptance letter was one of the most relieving moments of my life... I was extremely nervous about not being accepted, and I was declined to my third option before I heard anything from UW... So glad to be going! My program is Honours Science, which is kinda general science cause I'm not quiet sure yet what I want to go into. Psychology or Biology (and then what kinda Biology...) are my main choices. I'm taking Intro to Psych and Intro to Zoology so, whatever I like more I'll pursue.

Took a lot of work and push to get myself in, now I gotta apply 10x more of that drive and excel in uni. So nervous... Any tips for a first year-er?
Oh hey, it's a fellow Honours Sciences Acceptee. That makes two of us.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After combing through my facebook newsfeed, I have to confess that I am slightly disappointed that I will be attending SFU, while many of my "friends" (considering I barely know them, and they added me for some reason), are going off overseas and are posting their already awesome adventures in their new environment. Again, I know the world's not fair and that the only thing that's hindering me from going to McGill or UT or UWaterloo is the money, I feel a sense of injustice that people who have worked less than me, who've stressed less over tests like I did, are going to some of the best institutes in the nation, while I'm pretty much stuck in a backwater institute. Orientation is 2 weeks away and I confess that while I'm looking for a way to get out of my boredom currently and am still looking forward to university, I still get a bit ticked that I'm not attending McGill or UT like everyone else. This may sound elitist or full of myself (the whole , i worked hard therefore I deserve it, which I know doesn't work in real life), but that's just how I feel at the moment.

Merrimack College '14. It's a small school in Massachusetts. Got in everywhere I applied, but this one was most affordable. I'm the first in my family to go to college, so I basically had no idea what I was doing throughout the entire process. I wish I could do it over with the knowledge I have now, because I would have applied to totally different places. I agree with Eraddd--I know of people who had lower GPAs, class ranks, etc. who are attending better schools than me. Too bad I wasn't more ambitious with applications. Majoring in Communications.

Going to Leiden University this semester. It's the oldest university in the Netherlands.

Seeing some of the stories in this thread, I am glad that here every single student can get a state scholarship and thus anybody has access to a study at university level. I couldn't imagine how much it sucks not to be able to go somewhere simply because you weren't born in a rich family.

A bunch of my classmates have been to Leiden on exchange, I see them wearing the red Leiden hoodies a lot. They make the supercool dilution refrigerator in my physics lab, too.

I'm going to be repping UM (University of Miami), providing I get in for the winter term. After a few years there, I am planning to to transfer to 東京大学 (University of Tokyo) to get a PHD in Medicine.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After combing through my facebook newsfeed, I have to confess that I am slightly disappointed that I will be attending SFU, while many of my "friends" (considering I barely know them, and they added me for some reason), are going off overseas and are posting their already awesome adventures in their new environment. Again, I know the world's not fair and that the only thing that's hindering me from going to McGill or UT or UWaterloo is the money, I feel a sense of injustice that people who have worked less than me, who've stressed less over tests like I did, are going to some of the best institutes in the nation, while I'm pretty much stuck in a backwater institute. Orientation is 2 weeks away and I confess that while I'm looking for a way to get out of my boredom currently and am still looking forward to university, I still get a bit ticked that I'm not attending McGill or UT like everyone else. This may sound elitist or full of myself (the whole , i worked hard therefore I deserve it, which I know doesn't work in real life), but that's just how I feel at the moment.
I can't wait 'til you realize that nobody gives a shit which Canadian university you went (aside from maybeUWaterloo Engineering, McGill, and the big business schools) to so we don't need to hear you bitch. They're having fun because they're away from home and you aren't.

Hope you're having fun at orientation at least. As it happens, I became friends with roughly half my orientation group.

Merrimack College '14. It's a small school in Massachusetts. Got in everywhere I applied, but this one was most affordable. I'm the first in my family to go to college, so I basically had no idea what I was doing throughout the entire process. I wish I could do it over with the knowledge I have now, because I would have applied to totally different places. I agree with Eraddd--I know of people who had lower GPAs, class ranks, etc. who are attending better schools than me. Too bad I wasn't more ambitious with applications. Majoring in Communications.
Congrats on making it to college, make the most of it! The fact that you weren't entirely sure what you were doing matters less than you think. In a couple of years, you can transfer somewhere else, if you want to. Or you could stay and maybe go to a good grad school.

Penn State University at University Park/ majoring in Chemistry. I really wanna go to Cornell/Stanford for grad school tho....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)