[COMPLETED] Lucario

Just one thing I noticed, the special attacking mega-set has mention of hidden power ice, but it is no longer a move on the set. It's just something you've forgotten to take out

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
An all out attacking set is potentially more viable now on Mega Lucario since its has excellent base speed, as well as nice coverage + attacking stats.
I still wanted QCs opinion / thoughts on this thanks. (Set I was testing as CC / BP / Ice Punch / Crunch), with Iron Head / ES thrown around over Bullet Punch.

If people don't like it, its 100% fine, I just wanted opinions and I missed them if they were already posted sorry :(

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
please make abbreviations for stats consistent (see: the mega evolution suggestions section). special attack is abbreviated to SpA, not SAtk or SpAtk. additionally, all EV spreads should be HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe in that order. the spreads in the OP are inconsistent.

So you need the pros and cons to be full sentences........
<ul>
<li>Amazing coverage and great movepool, which make it very difficult to (fully) counter.</li>
<li>B It breaks down opposing walls very efficiently.</li>
<li>G It is a great late-game sweeper thanks to Extreme Speed.</li>
</ul>

[Cons]

<ul>
<li>R Being rather slow for a sweeper does it no favors(just trying to not keep on using sentences starting with 'it').</li>
<li>Setting up can be an issue for it due to its bad bulk.</li>
<li>S It suffers from four-moveslot syndrome(lol gato).</li>
</ul>
also for the mevo thing
<p>Lucario (F) @ Lucarionite<br />
Trait: Justified<br />
EVs: 252 Atk / 84 SpAtk / 172 Spe<br />
Rash Nature / <br />
- Close Combat<br />
- Ice Punch<br />
- Flash Canon Cannon / Dark Pulse<br />
- Agility</p>

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
According to this, you need to change your formatting. There is no need for a MEvo section now, so remove the headline, and put names to each set.

Isn't Iron Tail/Miss worth a mention it's able to achieve OHKO on mons that resist CC at the cost of making certain match ups worse like Aegislash.

Isn't Iron Tail/Miss worth a mention it's able to achieve OHKO on mons that resist CC at the cost of making certain match ups worse like Aegislash.
I personally don't like Iron Tail in the slightest. It's too inconsistent for a frail sweeper like Lucario to use. With how frail Lucario is missing an attack oftens means he will die on that turn. Sure you get a couple more guaranteed on a few more Pokemon which is nice but the flip side of that means inconsistent sweeps which in my opinion is just not worth it on Lucario as well as adding more issues against Aegislash on Physical sets.

I don't think the pros outweigh the cons on this, which is why I didn't mention it. Though if QC wants to weigh in and feel like its worth adding I will.

Also, alexwolf, I updated the formatting.

After confirming with other QC members, please change Mega Lucario's Swords Dance set to this:

-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake

With Crunch in AC to hit Trevenant and Gourgeist. Earthquake hits literally everything Crunch would hit but harder. You can no longer be King's Shielded by Aegislash, and you still OHKO Mega Gengar. Crunch is good for Slowbro, but Slowbro is not OHKOed by it at +2, meaning a combination of +2 Earthquake and +2 Close Combat still beats it. Starmie is another target that Crunch helps with, but Close Combat/Earthquake + Bullet Punch kills it as well (you're not faster than it, so it doesn't matter that Crunch OHKOes it). Earthquake also hits Toxicroak and Tentacruel, among the many Steel-types, such as Metagross and Excadrill, that you don't have to use CC and drop your defenses for.

On the regular Lucario set, slash Earthquake after Crunch, since Crunch still has merit for Gourgeist, Trevenant, and Slowbro, since Lucario doesn't have Adaptability.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I've been using Mega Lucario on my team, and I really do feel as though Extreme Speed deserves a slash beside Bullet Punch; Extreme Speed allows it to beat Talonflame. They both have the same BP, and while Bullet Punch hits some things for higher damage --- how many of those things does it actually matter against? I can only think of Gengar, Togekiss and Clefable, truthfully. Clefable and Togekiss, however, can be beaten by other things, like Aegislash, which runs Iron Head. As for Gengar, this can also be handled easily by Aegislash, who also runs Shadow Sneak. In the long run, I can see Extreme Speed being more beneficial, even on its Mega form, than Bullet Punch at times.

Last edited:
I've been using Mega Lucario on my team, and I really do feel as though Extreme Speed deserves a slash beside Bullet Punch; Extreme Speed allows it to beat Talonflame. They both have the same BP, and while Bullet Punch hits some things for higher damage --- how many of those things does it actually matter against? I can only think of Togekiss and Clefable, truthfully. Now, if you compare their usage to Talonflame's, what is the bigger threat of these 3? Talonflame is, obviously.
Bullet Punch helps with Gengar and Mega Gengar. But I do think you're right in that Extreme Speed lets Lucario beat Talonflame and Greninja as well. I'm okay with it getting a slash personally.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Checks and Counters said:
Aegislash forces a 50/50 game trying to avoid attacking as it uses King's Shield and can OHKO with Sacred Sword.
Either remove this or explain that it's only true for regular Lucario.

The most minor of minor points but on the special attacking set you might be better off going with Inner Focus on the pre-evolved Lucario over Justified. The attack boost does nothing for you and with inner focus you might be able to predict a Fake Out and hit through it or prevent a scarfer from flinching your team to death if you haven't evolved yet. Might be useful one out of five hundred battles but justified is useless.

The most minor of minor points but on the special attacking set you might be better off going with Inner Focus on the pre-evolved Lucario over Justified. The attack boost does nothing for you and with inner focus you might be able to predict a Fake Out and hit through it or prevent a scarfer from flinching your team to death if you haven't evolved yet. Might be useful one out of five hundred battles but justified is useless.
you'll prolly mega evolve first turn anyways, which nullifies inner focus, but it doesn't matter either way

you'll prolly mega evolve first turn anyways, which nullifies inner focus, but it doesn't matter either way
MegaLucario doesn't gain any special defense, if the opponent is trying to flinch you with Air Slash or something and Lucario hasn't evolved yet, you might be better off not evolving at first and protecting yourself from flinchhax.

Situational as hell but I don't see any downside.

Not if you get para'd on the switch. or it could be Noivern, or maybe you know you'll get 2HKO'd by some choice'd Iron Head and don't want to risk it.

Not if you get para'd on the switch. or it could be Noivern, or maybe you know you'll get 2HKO'd by some choice'd Iron Head and don't want to risk it.
oh well. not gonna argue about it in the thread anymore, although a smart player wouldn't switch it on travel anyways

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just a minor nitpick, but I see little reason for the Nasty Plot set to run Justified over Steadfast or Inner Focus. The Attack boost does nothing for it, while the potential Speed boost from Steadfast or flinching immunity from Inner Focus could come in handy against something like Togekiss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)