Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ambipom @ Normal Jewel
Jolly
Technician
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Covet
-Fake Out/U-Turn/Ankle Sweep/Double Hit/Fling/Whatever

Fake Out -> Covet or just Covet and nuke something with your 202.5BP attack while simultaneously stealing their item. If you get a Flame or Toxic Orb or something heavy you can fling it later, or you can just fling the item you get so you can Covet steal another later. Doesn't really matter what is in the last slots though, really it's all about the Covet+Normal Jewel or the NJ Fakeout -> Covet. If you think their poke will trick or switcharoo you a scarf or burn orb you can simply covet and let them waste a turn unless they're faster.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Modest
Trace
4 HP/252 S.Atk/252 Spe OR 4 HP/ 252 Def/ 252 S.Atk
-Will-o-Wisp/Hidden Power Fire/Hidden Power Dragon
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt

Switch into Doryuzuu or a swiftswimmer and kill them. You can outspeed with a scarf at 0 Spe EVs but then outside of tracing swift swim/sand throw your Gardevoir is really slow (even with Scarf) and kinda useless. Also you won't outspeed a +1 Kingdra with no speed EVs so I recommend full speed EVs. If you trace a Chlorophyll user you can use Psychic (Venusaur/Victreebel) or HP Fire (if you choose it over HP Dragon/WoW).

You can also try and switch into a Sun Power/Sand Power user and attempt to seriously hurt them or whatever switches in (Max Speed EVs needed if you're not going to trace swift swim/sand throw).

Focus Blast OHKOs Dory but Hidden Power Fire doesn't. Unfortunately she can't really beat Kingdra if it's at +1/+1. But she could get a burn in and maybe a little damage to help someone else take it out as she outspeeds +1/+1 Kingdra with full speed EVs.

If it's any weather abuser except Kingdra then she can probably kill it. Although for Dory you have to pray that FB doesn't miss.

If you could pass her some Calm Minds or Nasty Plots just as they switch in or just as they SD/DD/Growth then she can definitely win.

It sucks that her base speed isn't just a tad higher, then she could outspeed those OU weather abusers and win without the choice scarf.

Edit: You can also switch in on Speed Boost Blaziken as it protects and kill it with Psychic, although if they don't protect you might be in trouble.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Wall of calcs assuming that you come in on something that gives +1 SpAtk.

4 Atk +0 LO Nitro Charge versus:
248 HP Escavalier: (61.81% - 73.47%)
252 HP/252 Def Forretress: (35.03% - 41.81%)
248 HP Scizor: (65.31% - 76.97%)
0 HP Durant: (77.82% - 91.83%)
252 HP Ferrothorn: (51.14% - 60.23%)
4 HP Genesect: (80.85% - 96.45%)
252 HP Metagross: (24.73% - 29.12%)
4 HP Jirachi: (32.84% - 38.71%)
0 HP Bisharp: (41.33% - 48.71%)
0 HP Lucario: (52.67% - 62.63%)
4 HP Excadrill (important if there is no sand and you catch it on the switch): (45.98% - 54.29%)

252 SpAtk +1 LO Bug Buzz versus:
252 HP Metagross: (81.04% - 95.60%)
4 HP Jirachi: (79.47% - 93.55%)
0 HP Bisharp: (134.32% - 158.30%)

252 SpAtk +1 LO Thunderbolt versus:
248 HP/176 SpDef Escavalier: (41.11% - 48.69%)
252 HP Forretress: (81.36% - 95.76%)
248 HP Scizor: (66.76% - 78.72%)
0 HP Durant: (129.12% - 152.11%)
0 HP Lucario: (90.75% - 107.12%)
4 HP Genesect: (70.32% - 83.04%)

252 SpAtk +1 LO Ice Beam versus:
252 HP/252 SpDef Ferrothorn: (35.51% - 42.05%)
4 HP Excadrill: (75.07% - 88.37%)

I had time, so I laid it out like this. Basically, if any steel switches into a nitro charge, it+the relevant coverage move will 2hko it (Ferrothorn needs SR up to 2hko with nitro charge+coverage, or nitro charge twice).

It also outspeeds dorry after two nitro charges in sand, if you manage to get that. His coverage moves let him beat steel-types, but he still loses to 100s and above, so idk.
Thank you so much for laying it out. If you don't do damage when you raise your speed T1 you would lose a lot of 2HKOes into 3HKOes.

Also, Ferrothorn is hit normal effectively by STAB Bug Buzz, so rocks not necessary.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Modest
Trace
4 HP/252 S.Atk/252 Spe OR 4 HP/ 252 Def/ 252 S.Atk
-Will-o-Wisp/Hidden Power Fire/Hidden Power Dragon
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
I really like the Ambipom set, very gimmicky but just may work, and depriving multiple members of a team of their items whilst doing reasonable damage seems pretty nice.

Gardy I think we've talked about in this thread already, but I'll just nitpick a bit. HP Dragon is pointless - It hits Kingdra alone and only for 140 BP when your STAB Psychic is hitting for 135 BP anyway (and now SwSw+Drizzle is banned Kingdra is less common by far). HP Fire IMO is the best option in the first slot, letting you counter Chlorophyllers not named Venusaur nicely as well as deal with steels coming in on you.

Golbat @ Evolution Stone
Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 Def or SpDef
- Taunt
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Basically a quite a bit more defensive, but slower version of the standard stallbreaking Crobat set. Golbat actually has very decent defenses, and unlike Crobat, doesn't have much trouble switching in on more powerful non-resisted moves because of the boost in defenses coming from the Evolution Stone.

Here's an example of me using it on wifi. It actually manages to switch into a Draco Meteor coming from a Sazandora / Hydreigon while living with only slightly under half HP, meaning that a standard scarfed version would not have been able to 2HKO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldwdFdWnew0

Whether you want to go for more Speed or bulk is really up to preference though, I personally feel like being able to switch into hits like this adds a whole bunch of new options when using the so called "stall breaking" set, as it is now able to shut down lots of powerful sweepers as well.

Mebukijika (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 42 HP / 88 Def / 128 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aromatherapy
- Leech Seed
- Return
- Thunder Wave

Cleric and very very annoying.

Mebukijika (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 42 HP / 88 Def / 128 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aromatherapy
- Leech Seed
- Return
- Thunder Wave

Cleric and very very annoying.
To be honest I think this is pretty outclassed by Jumpluff as a Sun cleric :\. It has even better speed, a Ground immune instead of a Fight weak, and can Encore stuff too (or put them to sleep). The damage output from Return is okay, but a lot of stuff resists it (Ferrothorn especially walls you hard), and that's the only real benefit it gets over the (original) cotton ball as a true cleric. What may be useful is a set using Aromatherapy on a sweeper set in the fourth slot over SD, to use when that Ferrothorn inevitably switches into you, which could prove useful for Sun teams wanting offensive presence and a cleric of sorts for emergencies.

EDIT @ the below post: I meant Pluff outclasses it as a Sun cleric too.

I use Meju only as a sun cleric (should have stated.)

Warubiaru (M) @ (No Item)
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Torment
- Pursuit
- Protect
(work in progress.)

For uu sun test and it works.
Marakacchi (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Spd
- Spikes
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Needle Arm

Best set ever
Lv1 Aron @ shell bell
sturdy
no evs 0 hp ivs
--endevor
--sub
--protect/endure
--toxic, sandstorm, any attack

*Best used with t-tar
*They attack you, your down to 1 hp because of sturdy, then endeavor, shell bell restores your hp back to full

or donphan with ice shard

Your opponent is down to 1 hp.

You can either:
-attack for the kill
-let sandstorm kill
-switch out
-protect for the hell of it

Aron is immune to toxic. If you feel your opponent is going to switch, substitute, protect, subsitute protect stall

Best set ever
Lv1 Aron @ shell bell
sturdy
no evs 0 hp ivs
--endevor
--sub
--protect/endure
--toxic, sandstorm, any attack

*Best used with t-tar
*They attack you, your down to 1 hp because of sturdy, then endeavor, shell bell restores your hp back to full

or donphan with ice shard

Your opponent is down to 1 hp.

You can either:
-attack for the kill
-let sandstorm kill
-switch out
-protect for the hell of it

Aron is immune to toxic. If you feel your opponent is going to switch, substitute, protect, subsitute protect stall
Not creative, used by lots of people, preety standard.

I'm fairly sure shell bell does not restore from endeavor either way, correct me if wrong.
yes it does

Start of turn 12
The foe's Bonsly-Seco used Earthquake!
Donphan lost 11 HP! (91% of its health)
Donphan held on thanks to Sturdy!

Donphan used Endeavor!
The foe's Bonsly-Seco lost 52% of its health!
Donphan's shell bell restored its HP a little!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 13
Donphan used Ice Shard!
It's super effective!
The foe's Bonsly-Seco lost 0% of its health!
Donphan's shell bell restored its HP a little!
The foe's Bonsly-Seco fainted!

name one other person who uses it
This is a fairly well known moveset, there was even an entire topic devoted to it. Someone even went as far as to upload a video of how it works too.

Sorry, but it's not creative anymore, it's been done.

Since you're forcing switches anyway, sub might be a nice predictor to block spore or something from a switch-in, since you're not probopass and don't have magic coat.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I use Meju only as a sun cleric (should have stated.)

Warubiaru (M) @ (No Item)
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Taunt
- Torment
- Pursuit
- Protect
(work in progress.)

For uu sun test and it works.
Marakacchi (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Spd
- Spikes
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Needle Arm
For the Warubiaru, I don't really think it is suited to Taunt-Torment due to its meh defensive typing and mediocre bulk. It may be done better by Liepard, which can Encore and Torment with priority and was shown earlier in the thread.
Okay, for a new set:
Voltlos @ Choice Scarf
Nasty Plot

Just kidding.

This is a pairing to be used in doubles. I haven't gotten around to testing it yet, but:

Adamant Aianto @ Focus Sash
Ability: Truant
4 HP / 252 ATT / 252 Spe
Befriend
X-Scissor
Iron Head
Swagger
This thing forces switches like no other. After it has passed off its crippling Truant ability, Truant is removed by:

Timid Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Gastro Acid
Transform
Block
Heat Wave

Mew's Gastro Acid nullifies Aianto's Truant, and Block traps pokemon in to be Truanted. On the first turn, Mew Blocks Aianto's target to be Truanted. At the same time, Aianto Truants that pokemon. The next turn, Mew Gastro Acids Aianto to remove the Truant ability while Aianto Swaggers a pokemon, hopefully a physical attacker. If the pokemon out is a physical attacker, Mew can Transform into it, copying the stat boost without the confusion. Heat Wave is filler that can hit both Pokemon on the opponent's side.

Just an idea :/ but probably not a very good one.

breh

強いだね
Gastro Acid is Poison type though, so would it work on Durant (seeing as it's a Steel type)?
Yes. However, in doubles, it's really unviable to use such a stupid strategy. Sure you make one pokemon half useless but by that time one of yours is already dead.

The "priority phasing every other turn" bit is actually accurate. If Riolu alternates between Overhead Throw and Copycat, the Copycat will have priority because of Mischievous Heart and copy the Overhead Throw.

The problem is that you have to use Overhead Throw the next turn in order to copy it again with Copycat, and then you die. So it's a bad idea regardless.
Wait... from what I've picked up from Smogon's (rather vague) description and Bulbapedia's, Copycat (in 4th gen) can work on the move that Copycat previously called; that is, you'd only have to use Overhead Throw once successfully, and then you can spam Copycat over and over to repeatedly call OT like this:

Turn 1:
Riolu uses Overhead Throw

Turn 2:
Riolu uses Copycat, which calls up the most recent move, Overhead Throw

Turn 3:
Riolu uses Copycat, which calls up the most recent move, OT (rather than copycat)

Unfortunately, I can't find a single case of this being definitively tested in Stark... can someone check?

name one other person who uses it
Don't know the names, but believe me when I say that it is quite common. Just look at the usage stats:

# 157 - Wobbuffet (0.60 %)
# 158 - Aron (0.59 %)
# 159 - Medicham (0.59 %)
# 160 - Enbuoo (0.58 %)
# 161 - Marowak (0.58 %)

Wait... from what I've picked up from Smogon's (rather vague) description and Bulbapedia's, Copycat (in 4th gen) can work on the move that Copycat previously called; that is, you'd only have to use Overhead Throw once successfully, and then you can spam Copycat over and over to repeatedly call OT like this:

Turn 1:

Turn 2:
Riolu uses Copycat, which calls up the most recent move, Overhead Throw

Turn 3:
Riolu uses Copycat, which calls up the most recent move, OT (rather than copycat)

Unfortunately, I can't find a single case of this being definitively tested in Stark... can someone check?
I'm also basing this on the Smogon description. I think you missed the last sentence.

If the last move used was Copycat, the move fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)