Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcarona @ leftovers
Flame Body
Modest Nature
252 Special Attack / 252 Defense / 80 HP
-Butterfly Dance
-Flame Dance
-Morning Sun
-Will-O-Wisp

I have swept many teams with this set. This set is a special niche that only Volcarona can pull off and is best used in tandem with sun to power up flame dance to a 100% accuracy fireblast with a 50% chance to boost and morning sun to an incredible recovery. After a single butterfly dance, you're opponent will need to rely on physical attacks to take it down. After burning the counter with will-o-wisp or flame body, Volcarona easily tanks through the enemies team, boosting all the while with flame dance. Even blisseys can't stop this monster in sun. heal when needed, butterfly dance when you can, but really only one or two are needed. Even notable fire resistors like Lati@s are tanked by this set and boost as he wrecks the enemy team. flash fire pokemon screw this set over, but this set has never been stopped in over 50 test battles by anything other than flash fire and ttar.

Volcarona @ White Herb
Flame Body
Modest Nature
-Butterfly Dance
-Flame Dance
-Morning Sun
-Will-O-Wisp

I have swept many teams with this set. This set is a special niche that only Volcarona can pull off and is best used in tandem with sun to power up flame dance to a 100% accuracy fireblast with a 50% chance to boost and morning sun to an incredible recovery. After a single butterfly dance, you're opponent will need to rely on physical attacks to take it down. After burning the counter with will-o-wisp or flame body, Volcarona easily tanks through the enemies team, boosting all the while with flame dance. Even blisseys can't stop this monster in sun. heal when needed, butterfly dance when you can, but really only one or two are needed. Even notable fire resistors like Lati@s are tanked by this set and boost as he wrecks the enemy team. flash fire pokemon screw this set over, but this set has never been stopped in over 50 test battles by anything other than flash fire and ttar.
No idea as to why you have White Herb? the set looks pretty cool, however. The problem of course is being walled by precisely the things Sun - the team it's best to run it - has issues with; Heatran and TTar. For that reason I may run HP Fight over WoW to beat them, relying on Flame Body for burns or the rest of the team.

The set above is cool, but it's kinda walled by Rock and Water Pokemon. The EVs are above the limit too.

I just created a lead Aggron set that pretty much owns. If all goes right it can take out 2 pokemon for the price of 1.

Aggron@Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Brave Nature: (+Atk, -Spe)
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Ivs: 0 Def / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
-Metal Burst
-Endeavor
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge

Here's how this guy works. Your opponent attacks you and does major damage thanks to Aggron's horrible typing. You hang on using Sturdy, use Metal Burst, and OHKO them. They send out a Pokemon to finish you off, you eat your Custap Berry, Endeavor, and leave that Pokemon at 1 HP. He's almost guaranteed to take out 2 Pokemon if they straight out attack you for major damage.

Now if they don't attack you, you can set up rocks, or hit them with a powerful Stone Edge. Stone Edge hurts most Taunters, which makes Metal Burst unusable.

If you still don't quite get it, here's a real game scenario that happened to me.

Aggron was sent out. Politoed was sent out. Politoed used Boil Over. It's Super Effective! Aggron held on thanks to Sturdy! Aggron used Metal Burst! Politoed lost 100% of his HP. Politoed fainted! Kingdra is sent out. Aggron ate its Custap Berry. Aggron used Endeavor. Kingdra lost 99% of its health. Kingdra used Waterfall. Aggron fainted.

Then you can finish off using a priority move, and you'll be winning 5-4.

At the very least this guy can set up some Stealth Rocks and do a little damage. If you have a Rapid Spinner on your team, you can always save him for later too.

Choice Specs Machamp is actually one of the few pokemon that can 2HKO Blissey with a special attack.
I'm going a bit off-topic here, but can a 0EV's Neutral Nature Reuniclus at +6 OHKO Bliss? I 1HKO'd it with a crit, so I'm sure it's at least a 2HKO

Desukan@Chesto Berry
Bold nature.
252 def/252hp/4spec def.
Hidden Power Fighting
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Rest

Ok basically with this set all you really have to do is get 2 calm minds up and your in the clear, your opponent will have a really tough time taking this out. Your best bet would be to switch in to something that is using physical attacks, i found this to be the easiest way to set him up. Its also a nice option to set up trick room before you send it out.

@Transparent Opacity: Neat set, I suggest min IVs in both defences, and a -Speed/Def/SDef nature to ensure even some random crap like Ledian's Mach Punch will certainly net a OHKO.

Fuck. You. Transparent.

I was testing that Aggron this morning on PO. Fuck. I got motherfucking ninja'd. Urgh. Only diff is that I run Outrage over Stone Edge. Fuck. >_> I had this idea for a few weeks now, I couldn't be bothered to test it though. Fuck. My laziness got me ninja'd. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

On Mummy man, if you are using TR support wouldn't running 0 IV's and Relaxed be better?

lolwat. Sturdy+Custap+Metal Burst+Endeavor was invented the moment Sturdy was announced to act like Focus Sash.
inb4CustapNotInWiFi

but urgh.
why wait until now to post lol. And the sturdy abusers are n00bs on PO who use illegal LV 1 Donphans running Ice Shard. >_>

Volcarona @ leftovers
Flame Body
Modest Nature
-Butterfly Dance
-Flame Dance
-Morning Sun
-Will-O-Wisp

Toxic seems to mess you up mighty quickly though.

Mayhaps a Lum Berry? Or you could just use a Heal Beller or Leftovers.

Also watch out for Guts users. (Or haha Water Veil Seaking/Floatzel)

Not sure if anyone has posted this or anything similar, but...

Umbreon @Leftovers 252 hp 252 def 4 spdef
Calm/Careful

Sand Attack
Wish
Toxic
Protect

Walled by steels and poisons, but could be used in conjunction with Magnezone. Could also work well on a stall team, as Sand Attack will force a lot of switches.

I always get scared posting in these forums/threads because everybody is so smart haha, but I kinda messed around with the cotton guard Altaria idea. It's probably extremely flawed and I haven't run any damage calcs but it seems fun as a gimmick.

Altaria
Natural Cure
Leppa Berry
Calm
EV: 252 HP/ 252 SP.DEF/ 4 DEF
Draco Meteor
Power Swap
Cotton Guard
Roost

If I recall right leppa berry can work as a hold item where when a move is at low PP it activates, so I guess thats good when it comes down to draco meteor abuse? There's gimmick elements to this but for the surprise factor maybe it has potential? Idk.

Porygon 2
Trace
Pre-Evolution Stone
Bold
EV: 212 HP/ 120 DEF/ 176 SP.DEF
Recover
Magic Coat
Ice Beam/Trick
Toxic

Moveset I had for a Porygon 2. Magic coat is for people that want to cripple you because Porygon 2 just screams "STATUS ME!" Ice beam is if you want an attack which you pretty much should but ANOTHER gimmick idea is trick. Hear me out; evolution stone gives Porygon 2 great defenses but it doesn't depend on it, thus you could effectively ruin a wall that relies on leftovers for recovery by tricking the stone, and obtaining leftovers (situational but still). That way Porygon 2 still functions fine but the other wall is at a bigger disadvantage. Toxic and recover for stalling. I'm sure there are better moves to mess around with this idea but I thought it was okay for a top of my head kind of thing. I think the EV spread gives balance in both defenses, but I may be wrong.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I always get scared posting in these forums/threads because everybody is so smart haha, but I kinda messed around with the cotton guard Altaria idea. It's probably extremely flawed and I haven't run any damage calcs but it seems fun as a gimmick.

Altaria
Natural Cure
Leppa Berry
Calm
EV: 252 HP/ 252 SP.DEF/ 4 DEF
Draco Meteor
Power Swap
Cotton Guard
Roost

If I recall right leppa berry can work as a hold item where when a move is at low PP it activates, so I guess thats good when it comes down to draco meteor abuse? There's gimmick elements to this but for the surprise factor maybe it has potential? Idk.

Porygon 2
Trace
Pre-Evolution Stone
Bold
EV: 212 HP/ 120 DEF/ 176 SP.DEF
Recover
Magic Coat
Ice Beam/Trick
Toxic

Moveset I had for a Porygon 2. Magic coat is for people that want to cripple you because Porygon 2 just screams "STATUS ME!" Ice beam is if you want an attack which you pretty much should but ANOTHER gimmick idea is trick. Hear me out; evolution stone gives Porygon 2 great defenses but it doesn't depend on it, thus you could effectively ruin a wall that relies on leftovers for recovery by tricking the stone, and obtaining leftovers (situational but still). That way Porygon 2 still functions fine but the other wall is at a bigger disadvantage. Toxic and recover for stalling. I'm sure there are better moves to mess around with this idea but I thought it was okay for a top of my head kind of thing. I think the EV spread gives balance in both defenses, but I may be wrong.
You were Ninja'd with Altaria, sorry.

Porygon 2s moveset is the standard... Edit at below: close enough

^
I wouldn't say his Porygon2's moveset is "standard" because it runs Trick and Toxic>Tbolt/Discharge. His EVs are inefficient though

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's good to see someone giving altaria some love. I created a set based on cotton guard a while ago that's somewhat similar to yours.

Altaria @ Leftovers
Careful
244 HP / 168 Spdef / 96 Spe
Natural Cure

Dragon Dance
Cotton Guard
Dragon Claw
Roost

It's surprisingly bulky. DD first, and you outspeed + base 100s. Throw in a cotton guard where possible, then sweep with claw. If you get ruined by status, just roost, switch out and try again later.

I posted this in the beginning and only got 1 response on it. Can anyone else give me opinions on this set?

Kabutops @ Focus Sash
Breakable Armor
252 speed, 252 attack
Adament/Jolly
Swords Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Aqua Jet

This isnt anything TOO creative... But considering the fact that you can come in on something as a revenge killer to scare it away, and get a swords dance up on their switch... then swords dance again as they attack you with a counter only to raise your speed by 1 stage due to breakable armor... You will then have a +2 to +4 attack kabutops with +1 to speed, and priority stab. It seems pretty deadly to me. Works with out rain and can be quite viable. You need to have a rapid spinner available to keep the focus sash in tact, as well as to make sure your opponent doesn't have priority (or at least know that your priority would be faster and can OHKO them).

Edit: This might also possibly be done with Omastar and Shell Break + Breakable Armor? But lacking the priority of aquajet.

Edit 2: Okay, I said in that set that it works with out rain, but considering drizzle+swift swim is banned, this set works awesome in the rain just as well. A Swampert AND Bronzong is ohko'd in the rain with rain boosted +2 waterfall, and a Skarmory is near OHKO'd by a +2 Waterfall after stealth rock damage. The only real fear is bulky priority users, who can survive a rain boosted +2 aqua jet and can OHKO Kabutops back.

Piloswine@ Prevo Stone
Thick Fat/ Adament
252 Attack 252 Defense 4 HP

- Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Ice Shard
-Curse

I've been enjoying this a lot. Still very rough though.

I posted this in the beginning and only got 1 response on it. Can anyone else give me opinions on this set?

Edit: This might also possibly be done with Omastar and Shell Break + Breakable Armor? But lacking the priority of aquajet.
The set looks pretty cool, but you will almost certainly need the +4 to hurt anything significantly with AJ - and you'll need it to be hurting things since even at +1 you aren't that fast and can be revenged easily.

The main issue is getting in with Sash intact and forcing something out, since a Kabutops out of rain isn't that threatening to anything but Urugamosu etc.

Actually a +1 to speed Kabutops with max EV and speed+ nature puts him at 426 speed, which is faster than everything up to 140 base speed pokemon with max ev's and speed+ nature. That is, unless they are running choice scarfs or have +1 stage to speed.

But you are definitely right about that sash and scaring things off. I figure he would be used more after his counters are taken out and the hazards have been cleared away. Mainly a clean up sweeper.

I am not completely sure, but I believe he can still take a hit even with out focus sash to be able to get that breakable armor to proc.

Actually a +1 to speed Kabutops with max EV and speed+ nature puts him at 426 speed, which is faster than everything up to 140 base speed pokemon with max ev's and speed+ nature. That is, unless they are running choice scarfs or have +1 stage to speed.

But you are definitely right about that sash and scaring things off. I figure he would be used more after his counters are taken out and the hazards have been cleared away. Mainly a clean up sweeper.

I am not completely sure, but I believe he can still take a hit even with out focus sash to be able to get that breakable armor to proc.
Yeah sorry I was in general referring to scarfers coming in to revenge you at +1. And he can take a hit without sash, but it would have to be resisted, meaning you either come in on a fire etc hit and SD as they switch (netting you only +2) or rely on the opponent attacking you rather than switching after getting in safely, which again may only put you at +2 atk.

The problem is that the fact he has to get hit and in safely as well, meaning Azumarril somewhat outclasses him seeing as it can take hits reasonably well and works with a CB nicely.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
Torrent
148 Atk / 252 SAtk / 108 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- HP Grass
- Superpower

HP Grass for Gastrodon/Quagsire, Ice Beam for Grass types, Superpower for Chansey/Registeel, and Hydro Pump for STAB. Here are some calcs:

Superpower vs 4 HP/252 Def Chansey
578 - 680 90% - 105.9%

Superpower vs 252 HP/4 Def Registeel
188 - 222 51.6% - 61%

Superpower vs 248 HP/252 Def Milotic
112 - 132 28.5% - 33.6%

Hydro Pump vs 252 HP/252 SDef Registeel
108 - 127 29.7% - 34.9%

HP Grass vs 248 HP/252 Def Milotic
128 - 152 32.6% - 38.7%

lolwat. Sturdy+Custap+Metal Burst+Endeavor was invented the moment Sturdy was announced to act like Focus Sash.
Aww was it? Oh well I'm still proud of myself for thinking of it on my own. But I did check the Aggron thread and didn't see that moveset, and I have never seen anyone use anything like it either.

Fuck. You. Transparent.

I was testing that Aggron this morning on PO. Fuck. I got motherfucking ninja'd. Urgh. Only diff is that I run Outrage over Stone Edge. Fuck. >_> I had this idea for a few weeks now, I couldn't be bothered to test it though. Fuck. My laziness got me ninja'd. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Lol I'm sorry if that actually happened. I hope you're just not trying to take credit though.

@ that Kabutops set

It could work but I think you would need rain for more power from Aqua Jet. You also need a Rapid Spinner. But since rain is up you might as well run Swift Swim right? So now its just like a Standard Kabutops set with a focus sash though so idk. It probably is the best on a non-rain team as a late game sweeper, with lots of entry hazards so it can just pick things off with Aqua Jet.

@ that Kabutops set

It could work but I think you would need rain for more power from Aqua Jet. You also need a Rapid Spinner. But since rain is up you might as well run Swift Swim right? So now its just like a Standard Kabutops set with a focus sash though so idk. It probably is the best on a non-rain team as a late game sweeper, with lots of entry hazards so it can just pick things off with Aqua Jet.

Actually, swift swim is banned with drizzle right now, although this is technically a way that kabutops can still be played effectively in a drizzle team, just requiring a bit more set up and strategy. Rather than just coming in and being like "lol I am faster than you," its more of a, "i need to plot a way to get a speed boost by getting in safely and getting hit."

Edit: This is something I just put in post #367 of this thread, but I think I should probably repeat it here.

"Okay, I said in that set that it works with out rain, but considering drizzle+swift swim is banned, this set works awesome in the rain just as well. A Swampert AND Bronzong is ohko'd in the rain with rain boosted +2 waterfall, and a Skarmory is near OHKO'd by a +2 Waterfall after stealth rock damage. The only real fear is bulky priority users, who can survive a rain boosted +2 aqua jet and can OHKO Kabutops back."

Since SS+Drizzle is banned, this is another way to play Kabutops in the rain and still have him be very viable.

Edit 2: The only threatening priority users who can survive a +2 aquajet in the rain are:

Breloom (surviving around 40% health)
Azumarril (surviving around 65% health)
Dusknoir (surviving around 50% health)
Spiritomb (surviving around 15% health)
Conkledurr (surviving around 30% health)
Hitmontop (surviving with about 11% health)
Machamp (surviving with around 24% health)
Metagross (surviving with around 50% health)
Toxicroak not taking any damage at all.

There may be more. But those are the most common I can think of and I did very ROUGH calculations.

The set above is cool, but it's kinda walled by Rock and Water Pokemon. The EVs are above the limit too.

I just created a lead Aggron set that pretty much owns. If all goes right it can take out 2 pokemon for the price of 1.

Aggron@Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature: (+Atk, -SpA)
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
-Metal Burst
-Endeavor
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge

Here's how this guy works. Your opponent attacks you and does major damage thanks to Aggron's horrible typing. You hang on using Sturdy, use Metal Burst, and OHKO them. They send out a Pokemon to finish you off, you eat your Custap Berry, Endeavor, and leave that Pokemon at 1 HP. He's almost guaranteed to take out 2 Pokemon if they straight out attack you for major damage.

Now if they don't attack you, you can set up rocks, or hit them with a powerful Stone Edge. Stone Edge hurts most Taunters, which makes Metal Burst unusable.

If you still don't quite get it, here's a real game scenario that happened to me.

Aggron was sent out. Politoed was sent out. Politoed used Boil Over. It's Super Effective! Aggron held on thanks to Sturdy! Aggron used Metal Burst! Politoed lost 100% of his HP. Politoed fainted! Kingdra is sent out. Aggron ate its Custap Berry. Aggron used Endeavor. Kingdra lost 99% of its health. Kingdra used Waterfall. Aggron fainted.

Then you can finish off using a priority move, and you'll be winning 5-4.

At the very least this guy can set up some Stealth Rocks and do a little damage. If you have a Rapid Spinner on your team, you can always save him for later too.
You need a lot of prediction the first turn though and assuming that this even gets on the site, people will know Metal Burst is coming. People could just Stealth Rock on your 1st Turn Metal Burst and then switch out. And you don't factor in Focus Sashes from enemy leads.

Replace Stone Edge with something more accurate though. If they stick around with Sturdy or Focus Sash, you have at least an accurate move to pick them off with Custap Berry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)