Creative and Underrated Sets Balanced Hackmons Edition (NO SHITTY GIMMICKS, POSTS WILL BE DELETED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Ok I've got another one Seismitoad is forcing me to asked me to post. This one's a bit out there, but it has actually had decent success.

peef (Aegislash-Blade) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Tail Glow
- Secret Sword
- Sludge Wave

Ok so this is.... a set......

I made this as a complete joke set, expecting nothing more than a joke sweep against bad players. It has little going for it besides the sheer amount of immunities it has, so I decided to make an imposter-proof sweeper set. A lot of what would hold this set back is AegiBlades awful speed tier, so I went with Speed Boost as an ability over something like Mold Breaker.

It's difficult to explain this set beyond this, you just have to watch for yourselves:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-149346882
Aegi goes 5-0 against Seismitoad in an OM room tour

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-149141021
tl;dr Kit lost to it 4-0. Lol i cant even = Kit Kasai and Impromptu BH = Uselesscrab
the set at first glance looks super bad, i mean, speed boost...aegis blade...sludge wave...all shitty and should never be considered to be used...but actually seeing this thing in action, and taking resisted hits better then id imagine, i have to say, this set is worthy of praise. its like...you took spinach, toilet water, and dirt, and mixed it together and created a beautiful cake, that is delicious. id consider using it myself, but im not one to steal creative sets (enlesstheyareflintsorimakemodifications) something id consider doing, is trying out boomburst. though you lose super effective coverage, you gain a super powerful coverage move that doesn't hinder the set in any way. though i could see why you chose sludge wave(annoying xerneas) but being able to ko non suckerpunch yveltal could prove to be helpful, especially if you have idk...moldy gar in the back or something. idk, the more i think about it, the more i want to try it out :v

Sorry for a double post but Peef Rimgar has been nice enough to make a set database
also read the chat if you want to laugh
lel, you guiz obviously don't know my ex. lol. she basically wanted it 24/7. so yeh, Canadians do put out, they are just too busy in their cold igloos to notice.

the set at first glance looks super bad, i mean, speed boost...aegis blade...sludge wave...all shitty and should never be considered to be used...but actually seeing this thing in action, and taking resisted hits better then id imagine, i have to say, this set is worthy of praise. its like...you took spinach, toilet water, and dirt, and mixed it together and created a beautiful cake, that is delicious. id consider using it myself, but im not one to steal creative sets (enlesstheyareflintsorimakemodifications) something id consider doing, is trying out boomburst. though you lose super effective coverage, you gain a super powerful coverage move that doesn't hinder the set in any way. though i could see why you chose sludge wave(annoying xerneas) but being able to ko non suckerpunch yveltal could prove to be helpful, especially if you have idk...moldy gar in the back or something. idk, the more i think about it, the more i want to try it out :v

lel, you guiz obviously don't know my ex. lol. she basically wanted it 24/7. so yeh, Canadians do put out, they are just too busy in their cold igloos to notice.
I genuinely couldn't care less if you use my sets tbh. i wouldn't post them on smogon if I didnt want people to experiment with them.

Also i like that the complaint wasn't me calling illinois/wisconsin canada

Aggron-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster / Infiltrator / Magic Bounce / Soundproof (super fun for the record)
Bold Nature
- Spider Web
- Encore
- Baton Pass
- Acupressure
Allow me to talk about one of the best sets in all of the metagame. Ok, this may be a stretch, but Mega Aggron w/ this set seriously makes people angry. For instance, I won a battle by coming back from a 2-6 with this set by coming in and trapping their Deoxys-S, then locking them into Rapid Spin. I proceeded to then set up to maximum amount possible w/ Acupressure and then Baton Pass into my Kyogre for the sweep. Keep in mind I use this on a gimmick team featuring Claydol and Bastiodon. This thing pulls its weight on serious teams too to infuriate the opponent while enjoying oneself by myself. A couple of my frens can vouch for how annoying this set is. Probably under the category of 'shitty gimmick' but is super fun so w/e :). Also, can vouch for Peef Rimgar 's Aegiblade, is cool set.

DEER FORCE!

Xerneas @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Bolt Strike/Thunderbolt
- Shell Smash/Searing Shot/Stealth Rock

Ok, someone already posted this in some other topic a while ago, but since nobody remember i decided to repost with a few modifications and a cool name (really, Xerneas is a deer, with sheer force huh huh? lol). Moonblast is just STAB, Earth Power coverage that hits for SE all pure types that resists Fairy, the better your targets can get is taking neutral coverage with bug or grass + one of these types. Electric coverage hits for SE when a Flying type (instead of Bug or Grass) is combined with Fairy resist, basically Thunderbolt is overall better, but Bolt Strike is much better against Kyogre.

This set needs a Ferrothorn as a counter (in case of being Impostered), and the last move will decide which ability Ferrothorn is gonna have. If you decide to be a sweeper, Shell Smash is the best option and is countered by Unaware Ferro. Searing Shot gives more coverage and is countered by Flash Fire. Stealth Rock works because this set can force switches, then Magic Bounce will be needed.

I am using a -Def nature because its Xerneas worse stat anyway, and +SpAtk for more damage, but a +Speed nature is totally viable as is -Atk if you do not use Bolt Strike.

STANCE CHANGE DOES NOT SUCK!

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Stance Change
Mild Nature
- Close Combat
- Judgment
- King's Shield
- Shell Smash

It's like Moldy Mega Gengar, but without Mold Breaker and with less power lol. So why use this? Because its typing + its ability + King's Shield makes it MUCH harder to Revenge Kill than Gengar, furthermore his Close Combat coming from 150 base Atk is more powerful than Secret Sword coming from Mega Gengar 170 base SpAtk, here are the calcs:

+2 252 Atk Aegislash-Blade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Regigigas: 430-508 (101.4 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Mega Gengar Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Regigigas: 368-434 (86.7 - 102.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Basically this set trades the power M-Gengar has on STAB for more power on coverage and for more durability, better typing, anti revenge-killing. Sucker Punch still suck out your life tough lol

I am using -Def nature because King's Shield already compensates for that most times (almost all physical attacks make contact). +SpA is for damage since you already outspeed Timid Mewtwo-Y after a Shell Smash, but you speed tie with +Speed Aerodactyl-Mega, so you could use Hasty or something for such situations.

Why not Magic Bounce with Fairies?

Gardevoir-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Tail Glow

I always thought Magic Bounce would be good with Fairies because of immunity to Whirlwind, Dragon Tail, and Circle Throw resistance (maybe someday a Fairy/Ghost will appears on the wild), so i tried to apply this concept to a SubSweeper. It did work very well. Sub stops Imposter (of course you still need a counter for this just in case the Imposter switch while you are not behind subs), Subs works really well with Leftovers, and Tail Glow makes your SpAtk more high than it already is. Moonblast + Earth Power is almost perfect coverage, and Timid Nature is because you need more speed than power (you already have enough with its huge SpAtk + TG).

Run out of ideas for now (and patience to write lol).

DEER FORCE!

Xerneas @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Mild Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Bolt Strike/Thunderbolt
- Shell Smash/Searing Shot/Stealth Rock

Ok, someone already posted this in some other topic a while ago, but since nobody remember i decided to repost with a few modifications and a cool name (really, Xerneas is a deer, with sheer force huh huh? lol). Moonblast is just STAB, Earth Power coverage that hits for SE all pure types that resists Fairy, the better your targets can get is taking neutral coverage with bug or grass + one of these types. Electric coverage hits for SE when a Flying type (instead of Bug or Grass) is combined with Fairy resist, basically Thunderbolt is overall better, but Bolt Strike is much better against Kyogre.

This set needs a Ferrothorn as a counter (in case of being Impostered), and the last move will decide which ability Ferrothorn is gonna have. If you decide to be a sweeper, Shell Smash is the best option and is countered by Unaware Ferro. Searing Shot gives more coverage and is countered by Flash Fire. Stealth Rock works because this set can force switches, then Magic Bounce will be needed.

I am using a -Def nature because its Xerneas worse stat anyway, and +SpAtk for more damage, but a +Speed nature is totally viable as is -Atk if you do not use Bolt Strike.
This one was my set. You can dig through the BH topic if you want, there was even a debate on whether Thunderbolt or Bolt Strike was the superior option (conclusion: it depends). Main differences was my post suggested Timid for nature, offered Blue Flare as an option over Thunderbolt (Zard-Y was much more common at the time, hence Thunderbolt on there to begin with), suggested Thunder as an option if accuracy wasn't a concern, and had Recover in the 4th slot, though I believe I suggested a few other options for coverage/support/Sheddy nuking there too.

I've tested out that Aegi as well. Neverman, why do you run Close Combat over Secret Sword? Seems like the last thing you'd want to do would be to lower your defenses. Also, Mild nature seems problematic. There really isn't much of a need to go mixed.

I think unfixable's claydol deserves a mention tbh
Anyway here's a little set i've been using. It inspires anger in people and serves as a nice antilead/status spreader.
Manectric-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Teeter Dance
- Discharge
- Searing Shot
- Night Daze

This set revolves around parafusion and accuracy drops to make your opponent pull their hair out. Searing Shot serves as a pseudo-Sacred Fire, which is an option for more powerful physical threats. Mega-Manectric is an excellent SG abuser because of its ideal stats - it out speeds a large portion of the unboosted meta game and has STAB on Discharge, which can pack a surprising punch. Sure it's frail, but when the opponent is locked down by paralysis, confusion, and lowered accuracy, who cares?

I think Peef Rimgarr or some high-level player yelled at me for not using swagger but whatever.

Last edited:
This one was my set. You can dig through the BH topic if you want, there was even a debate on whether Thunderbolt or Bolt Strike was the superior option (conclusion: it depends). Main differences was my post suggested Timid for nature, offered Blue Flare as an option over Thunderbolt (Zard-Y was much more common at the time, hence Thunderbolt on there to begin with), suggested Thunder as an option if accuracy wasn't a concern, and had Recover in the 4th slot, though I believe I suggested a few other options for coverage/support/Sheddy nuking there too.
Yeah i remember now, it was me that suggested Bolt Strike in the first place lol, but yeah, i forgot to include Infestation as an option for last move to take care of Sturdinja, or Recover just because healing is too good on this metagame.

Now i'm excited i'll post some more sets:

Flash Fire, but no Aegiglash...

Virizion
Ability: Flash Fire
Bold Nature
- Aura Sphere/Secret Sword
- Heal Order
- Magma Storm
- Spore

Grass/Fighting is just an excellent type combination. You can switch into 1k Arrows, Bolt Strike, Diamond Storm/Head Smash, Knock Off, Crabhammer, Spore, and into Sacred Fire or V-Create too because of Flash Fire. This way you can resist hits from a lot of threats (Poison Heal Gyarados, PH Tyranitar, Bolt Strike/V-Create Protean Mewtwo-X, among others) and then hit back for SE, or at least put them to Sleep without worrying if Spore is bounced back to you. Secret Sword is the best STAB you have, but of course you can run Aura Sphere if you're affraid of Evasion boosts. Heal Order is just mandatory for any tank (or other recovery move), and Magma Storm gains a pseudo-STAB with Flash Fire activated and traps and do passive damage.

Bold Nature is because Def is your worse stat, but at the same time is the most needed for tanking, while you don't need Atk at all. Of course you can go with Flash Fire Chesnaught, i just like Virizion more lol, and also because i never had any problem tanking physical hits with Virizion (not as far as i remember at least).

I listed no item, but you probably can run Leftovers or Rocky Helmet or whatever. In my opinion the best thing that could happen is some Mega Breloom or something on the new games, a Mega Grass/Fight so you could use its Megastone without worrying with Knock Off or Trick, things which this set does worry about, i mean, this thing tries to tank Knock Off of PH Gyara and Tyra, so you will always lose your item making any item you carry eventually useless, so a Megastone would stop that, would stop Trick, and would even allow you to Mega-Evolve your already Mega Evolved mon in this new mechanics.

Pretty shit gimmick, but i really wanted to post this u.u

Drapion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Insomnia
Careful Nature or Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Filler
- Filler

Ok, this sucks overall, but has a niche at defeating Mega-Gengar without worrying with Moonblast like PH Yveltal. I mean, Dark/Poison is the PERFECT type to check M-Gengar, but unfortunately Drapion (and the other Dark/Poison i forgot the name) both have really bad stats, so if in the future the new games brings us a Dark/Poison with decent stats, than this set could mean much more. Anyway i'll explain the set:

Resists both STABs of M-G (Judgment and Sludge Wave), resists all its coverages (Secret Sword and Moonblast), with Insomnia becomes immune to Dark Void/Spore, because of its Poison type it can't carry Toxic Orb + Poison Heal because it is immune to Poison, that's why Insomnia, either way Assault Vest is the best item (even if it could make Toxic Orb works with PH) just because its SpDef is so bad that it needs AV to check M-G.

Here some calcs with Careful Nature:
+2 252+ SpA Spooky Plate Mold Breaker Mega Gengar Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Drapion: 152-179 (44.1 - 52%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Gengar Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Drapion: 161-190 (46.8 - 55.2%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Gengar Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Drapion: 184-217 (53.4 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Drapion: 120-142 (34.8 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Now with Impish:
+2 252+ SpA Spooky Plate Mold Breaker Mega Gengar Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Drapion: 166-196 (48.2 - 56.9%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Gengar Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Drapion: 176-208 (51.1 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Gengar Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 168-198 (48.8 - 57.5%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Drapion: 132-156 (38.3 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Now Drapion attacking:
252 Atk Drapion Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. -1 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Gengar: 338-402 (104.3 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Drapion Sucker Punch vs. -1 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Gengar: 282-332 (87 - 102.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

It's not really good, that's why i said i wish some better pokemon of this typing in the future, still i wanted to post this.

This one is theorymoning:

Ampharos-Mega @ Draco Plate
Ability: No Guard
Naive Nature
- Judgment
- Magma Storm
- Shell Smash
- Zap Cannon

The real problem with this set is its Speed. Even after SS it can't outspeed a lot of things, but still looks cool, powerful, and it is Imposter-Proof, here are some calcs:
+2 252 SpA Draco Plate Mega Ampharos Judgment vs. -1 252 HP / 252- SpD Eviolite Mega Ampharos: 774-912 (109.9 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Mega Ampharos Judgment vs. -1 252 HP / 252- SpD Mega Ampharos: 322-379 (83.8 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Naive Nature is so Amph can outspeed the most things as possible after SS, and because after Impostering -SpDef then Chansey will be certainly OHKOed by +2 Judgment. With a +SpAtk nature you can OHKO the pink blob without using a -SpDef nature, but then you would would be slower than you already are after a Shell Smash.

With +Speed you reach 414 Speed after SS outspeeding MMX, and with Neutral nature you reach 378 outspeeding +Speed Arceus.

I've tested out that Aegi as well. Neverman, why do you run Close Combat over Secret Sword? Seems like the last thing you'd want to do would be to lower your defenses. Also, Mild nature seems problematic. There really isn't much of a need to go mixed.
Because Close Combat OHKOes Regigigas.

But it is possible to go with a -SpDef nature so you have better defense against revenge killers (extreme speed and such). I just don't see the need of this since after Fake Out hits King's Shield their Atk will drop in a way that a -Def nature won't really matter, and you have to account that Aegi resists all -ate moves.

I mean, so does Low Kick. It has the same base power against Regigigas. If it's that important, you might want to use that.
lol i haven't thought of Low Kick, sometimes i am just single minded >.<

Anyway, Close Combat is more powerful than Secret Sword even with Neutral Atk nature and + SpAtk nature, and Close Combat keeps its 120 base power always, doesn't rely on weight of its target like Low Kick, but yeah, considering Close Combat weakens even more Aegi's defenses, and considering almost everything on BH has a lot of weight lol, then Low Kick might be the better option.

Another thing that i just checked:

My Ampharos set outspeeds Timid Mewtwo-Y by 1 Speed lol, so i guess it's viable.

Soon i'll write my sets for Soundproff Arceus (but i guess Adrian already did this one, so i'll make a Cresselia version), Refrigerate Abomasnow-Mega, and probably Aerilate Landorous.

EDIT: For some twisted reason i checked wrong, Ampharos doesn't outspeed MMY after SS, i'm just crazy.

Last edited:
Remember the good old fugitive?

MAKE WAY
FOR THE WAVES ARE HIGH
AND THAT MEANS:

SURFS UP (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Unaware
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Crabhammer
- Dragon Dance / Shift Gear
- Soft-Boiled / Heal Order / Milk Drink(you baby)/ Whatever heal move

Say hi to one of the most nastiest ways of abusing the new mega evolution mechanic.
With unaware you can trap chanseys whom might've copied your other sets too, or hey, you can copy this one too with your imposters, as long as an imposter without powerful enough super effective is trapped it's dead.
Once you've mowed it down, go mold breaker. Tada! Sweep a head as long as pranksters and pixilates are kept out

If you wonder about dragon dance; +5 imposter can't outspeed +6. But if you are not as micro management as me, go nuts with shift gear.

Here's a replay that perfectly shows how it works.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Remember the good old fugitive?

MAKE WAY
FOR THE WAVES ARE HIGH
AND THAT MEANS:

SURFS UP (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Unaware
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Crabhammer
- Dragon Dance / Shift Gear
- Soft-Boiled / Heal Order / Milk Drink(you baby)/ Whatever heal move

Say hi to one of the most nastiest ways of abusing the new mega evolution mechanic.
With unaware you can trap chanseys whom might've copied your other sets too, or hey, you can copy this one too with your imposters, as long as an imposter without powerful enough super effective is trapped it's dead.
Once you've mowed it down, go mold breaker. Tada! Sweep a head as long as pranksters and pixilates are kept out

If you wonder about dragon dance; +5 imposter can't outspeed +6. But if you are not as micro management as me, go nuts with shift gear.

Here's a replay that perfectly shows how it works.
The problem with that is you have to account for things like double imposter, which sucks. But otherwise very cool set

+6 252 SpA Deoxys-S Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Kyogre: 306-361 (75.7 - 89.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

vs

+6 252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Kyogre: 516-607 (127.7 - 150.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Something's wrong when you can't OHKO a common special wall with your STAB at +6.

Lemme throw a couple of more in.

Mientwo

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick/Low Kick/Close Combat
- Diamond Storm
- Knock Off
- U-turn

This set is basically a Mewtwo-X that thinks it's Mienshao. And it works quite nicely, actually. Offensive Regenerator is really an overlooked strategy that allows a Pokemon with already good power, such as Xtwo here, provide constant pressure on the opposing team without needing to stop and heal, rely on Wish support, or fear getting worn down. Additionally, it can use the Life Orb with little risk to its longevity, something that a lot of other Pokemon wish they could say. Although if you need a different item, like a Choice Band or Safety Goggles, then by all means.

The Fighting-STAB of choice depends on preference. Close Combat is the most reliable, but also makes Xtwo rather revenge-killable. Low Kick hits a lot of things just as hard, but also tickles some other threats. High Jump Kick has nice power, and is great if you have a Spiky Shield, King's Shield, or safe Ghost switch-in to an Imposter, but it also risky for the same reasons. Beyond that, Diamond Storm allows this set to hit most Fighting resists, mainly Flying, Bug, Ghost, and Psychic, all for neutral or super effective damage (except Aegislash). Knock Off provides more coverage, again hitting all Fighting resists, notably including Aegislash, while providing item removal support and high damage. Finally, U-Turn is a handy tool for scouting, maintaining momentum, and escaping from trapping. Of course, if you need different moves for coverage, like Bolt Strike to deal with Kyogres who annoy your team, then again, by all means, as this set is flexible.

It should be noted that this does not have the power of a wall breaker or a set-up sweeper. That's fine because that's not its goal. Its job is to maintain consistent, offensive pressure to wear the opposing team down. If it can get some KOs along the way, then even better. But generally, it wears things down so something else can clean-up.

Kyoltal

Yveltal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Quiver Dance
- Spore/Dark Void

I've been wanting to post this set for a while now, but I had been holding off since I hadn't used it under any of my known alts until recently. This is quite an unexpected set to run into as most people think you'll be using the usual defensive Yveltal (Koff / King's / Circle / filler) or the offensive, Bird-spam Yveltal once they see that Toxic Orb go off. As such, people tend to switch in their Aggrons and other, physically oriented responses to those sets, or switch out things that'd have a chance against this one but not the others, giving a free set-up opportunity.

As you could expect from the given moves, this set plays similarly to Adrian's Kyogre set. Put things to sleep and start setting up. But it's only similarly, not identically. While Kyogre wants to keep it's HP high in order to smash stuff with Water Spout, Yveltal can make itself very difficult to KO by the powerful healing effect of Oblivion Wing coupled with Poison Heal. Therefore, while Kyogre can be rendered a non-threat by the proper check hitting it hard enough soon enough, Yveltal can just siphon it's HP back. Though, I'll be fair, Kyogre's damage output is much higher, so this set isn't necessarily superior, just an alternative.

Anyway, Dark Pulse is used over Night Daze, normally something I'd advise against, because this set is meant to counter Imposters on its own and the last thing you want is an Imposter forcing you out because of accuracy drops. Still though, Night Daze can be used if that doesn't concern you. Additionally, either STAB can be replaced with coverage if you need to, but Flying/Dark provides quite nice coverage as is, only notably resisted by T-Tar off the top of my head, and Yveltal will sorely miss either move. (Sustainability from Oblivion Wing, ability to remove stuff that otherwise laugh at most PH Yveltals with Dark Pulse, such as Giratina, ironically enough.)

I'll show you guys a little tweak on some know sets:

Protean MMY

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Shell Smash
- King's Shield
- Spore

King's Shield is in almost all Protean for turning into the wonderful defensive Steel type, and to block Revenge Killers, but besides that move almost all Protean run only damaging moves like Boomburst + Shadow Ball + Coverage and stuff like that. This sets tries to focus on one of the most powerful sweepers: Shell Smash + Stored Power. The major problem with this is that it's easily revenge killable and impostered, but with King's Shield you take care of -ate users, and with any Dark type on your team you take care of Imposters. Spore can give you a free turn to set up, and if some Magic Bouncer switch in you have no problems because Protean turned your MMY into Grass type. You can run some coverage instead of Spore, but either way make sure you have a Dark pokemon on your team capable of dealing with the choice you made (if MMY has Spore then a Dark with Safety Google, if MMY has Secret Sword then a Dark/Ghost).

Mold Breaker Mega Gengar

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Pursuit
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

A lot of teams run Mold Breaker Pursuit to take care of Sturdinja. In some cases people run non-Ghost pokemons with Rocky Helmet, in some cases run Ghost to be immune to Endeavor then you can choose another item instead of Rocky Helmet. But Mold Breaker Ghost also is a lot used to make Anti-Imposters if you hold a Spooky Plate. In some cases you use Mold Breaker to set up Stealth Rock. So why not do all of those things?

This Gengar can set up SR through Magic Bouncers, can switch in Sturdinja and Pursuit them if they stay in, can do a lot of damage with Judgment to any Imposter brave (or dumb lol) enough to stay in and try to set up SR against you. Finally you have Rapid Spin instead of Defog to clean any hazards on your field without cleaning hazards for your enemy. Despite not being a Scrappy or -ate Rapid Spin, which can be spinblocked by ghosts, nobody is crazy to switch a ghost into Mega Gengar risking to take a Judgment lol

upload_2014-8-14_18-8-16.png

Houndoom-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Quiver Dance
- Magma Storm
- Night Daze

People rarely make an effort to make Houndoom-Mega viable. Its weaknesses to Fighting, Ground, and Water, along with its pitiful defenses, make it appear useless. But it carries a useful Ice resistance that allows it to switch into Refrigerate Kyurem-B, and, barring the rare Lum or Goggles, put it to sleep with a Spore. It outspeeds a large portion of the metagame. The most notable Pokémon that outspeed Houndoom-Mega are Gengar and the Mewtwos. Two of those three take a great deal of damage from super-effective Night Daze after a Quiver Dance. Because of Poison Heal, this sweeper is also quite anti-Imposter. It acts like a faster Mega Charizard Y, trapping with Magma Storm, Sporing Chansey, and setting up Quiver Dances. Night Daze's accuracy drops also help, not just against Chansey, but also in other situations, when the 20% chance can swing games in the Houndoom user's favor. It also beats common defensive and support Pokémon, like Shedinja, Aegislash, Giratina, and Aggron-Mega, after a bit of setup.

Overall, I've found this quite useful.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-150252554 — This was mostly just a good battle overall, but 153 turns in, Houndoom breaks a PP stall that likely would have led to my defeat by getting a crucial accuracy drop with Night Daze, trapping an opposing defensive Pokémon with Magma Storm, and setting up, eliminating the opponent's final Shedinja counter.

EDIT: also this set does not work against Lcass :(

Last edited:
God (A.K.A. Arceus) Anti-Imposter version

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
Modest or Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Mean Look
- Quiver Dance/Shell Smash/Tail Glow
- Shadow Ball

Mean Look or 1k waves to permanent trap Imposter. Boomburst is STAB that you are immune to, Shadow Ball is almost perfect coverage that you are also immune to. The boosting stat move depends on what you want:

-Tail Glow is the most powerful option, but then even with Timid Nature you don't outspeed MMX or MMY;
-SS is the second most powerful option, makes you outspeed everything, but with your defenses -1 you are more vulnerable to priority;
-Quiver Dance makes you outspeed everything without giving you much power, but without leaving you vulnerable too;

Modest Nature goes with QD and SS. Timid Nature obviously goes with TG to outspeed as much you can. Life Orb is because 120 SpAtk isn't exactly huge on this tier, so you need to do the biggest number you can. After you trap the Imposter, keep boosting your stats until the Pink Fat Blob runs out of PP and dies to Struggle (which make me think Shell Smash may not be the better option).

HUGE POWAH ANTI-IMPOSTER!

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Magnet Pull
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind/Iron Head/Recover
- Imprison
- Play Rough/Recover
- Shift Gear

Steel type Magnet Pull + Imprison = Anti-Imposter. Gear Grind and Play Rough are the best physical steel and fairy STABs, but you can run Iron Head if you like 100% accuracy. Shift Gear is your boosting move until Chansey dies Struggling. Recover can be an option if you want to recover from Struggle damage lelz, in this case you run Mono-Attack which is possible since there's no immunity against Fairy nor Steel. It's pretty simple actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)