Cryogonal

He makes an excellent Dragon check in my book. 105 speed beats out all the non-ubers dragons except Latios, but Latios doesn't carry anything supereffective against Ice barring a Hidden Power.

I think this will mainly be a niche-Pokémon; sure, it can Rapid Spin and revenge dragons and all, but I think that is about as far as the list stretches. It's SpDef is great, but it doesn't have the typing to back it up. Acid Armor might allow it to take a non-boosted Scizor BP, but what is Furiijio doing in return? Scizor's second Bullet Punch will take you out, or he will just set up on you with Swords Dance. Btw, I think CB BP still OHKOs after Acid Armor?

He makes an excellent Dragon check in my book. 105 speed beats out all the non-ubers dragons except Latios, but Latios doesn't carry anything supereffective against Ice barring a Hidden Power.
Latios doesnt really need anything SE when specs draco meteor averages a OHKO even without rocks. 94%-111%

even T-bolt and surf are solid 2HKO's with rocks in play, while scarf ice beam cant OHKO latios. 77.5-91.4%. Even after latios takes rocks damage its probably still not enough.

So basically it cant switch in, it can only revenge. which about 50 other things do much better.

In Latios versus Snowflake, it's a pretty even comparison. A Life Orb flake can OHKO a Latios. A neutral speed nature Latios will not outspeed a beneficial speed nature Flake. Then there's taking blizzard, blah blah blah.

Trying to match a legendary pound for pound is a useless excercise though. However, the fact he can put up a good fight says something about his potential niche.

In Latios versus Snowflake, it's a pretty even comparison. A Life Orb flake can OHKO a Latios. A neutral speed nature Latios will not outspeed a beneficial speed nature Flake. Then there's taking blizzard, blah blah blah.

Trying to match a legendary pound for pound is a useless excercise though. However, the fact he can put up a good fight says something about his potential niche.
What are you talking about? Latios never runs Modest, and Blizzard is a highly unreliable attack. Latios curbstomps Furijio.

Explosion is mainly for Blissey, as other things won't be scratched by it,but you can use Blizzard if you feel lucky.
Max attack Firijjio does 42% - 49.6% to standard Blissey. The Firijiio you suggest does merely 23.7% - 27.9%, espeically because it's Timid. If you run explosion (don't) run it relaxed (-Def +Spe).

[B said:
Praedoran[/B]] He makes an excellent Dragon check in my book. 105 speed beats out all the non-ubers dragons except Latios, but Latios doesn't carry anything supereffective against Ice barring a Hidden Power.
The other problem is you need to scarf Firijiio to beat Scarfchomp, DDKusa and DDMence. ScarfLatios beats you, Dragonite beats you with extremespeed. It's also not a check, its a revenge killer. You can't switch in on outrage with 30 defense.

I feel bad though. By my own signature definition, this is, indeed, a dragon counter. And it is well disguised indeed.

Btw, I think CB BP still OHKOs after Acid Armor?
Well usually... furrijio needs 252/144 and an acid armor to JUST always survive a bullet punch. Of course with SR it will always die.

Anyways, hes a cool pokemon, but he got kinda trolled on a move pool. Sure stab ice beam is nice.. but what does he have to back it up? Hidden power, solar beam and flash cannon (o and night slash for teh lolz). Still the fact that he is one of 3 rapid spinners with reliable recovery (the others being starmie who will be ou, and delibird, who will obviously be uber this gen), means he will probably see some use in the lower tiers if they ever are made.

But a rapid spinner who can't come in on steath rock (but can on spikes and TSpikes) and can't come in on a physical move is probably not a very good rapid spinner.

Defensively, it's worse than Regice (and we all know where Regice ended up with its awesome defensive typing). Heck, its physical Defense makes even Blissey giggle a little.

Offensively, it has no options.

Supportive-wise, Levitate is a nice ability for a Rapid Spinner...except when it's neutralized by a weakness to Stealth Rock combined with the already crappy defensive typing.

Ice Pokemon need a boost :(

But a rapid spinner who can't come in on steath rock (but can on spikes and TSpikes) and can't come in on a physical move is probably not a very good rapid spinner.
Well... its true that SR takes a chunk out've him, but recover helps remedy that.

Another good thing is he can beat most ghosts one on one who try to block his spinning attempts. Unlike most physical spinners, he doesn't fear WoW from spiritomb and the likes, and takes little damage from Shadow balls and HP fighting. The only real physical ghost out there is part ground, so it will hate taking a stab ice beam/ ice breath. The only ghosts he really hates are shandera & burungeru... but again those guys will almost definitely be OU, so if a UU tier comes around he can offer a somewhat viable option... Not great by any means, but its out there.

Hmm... I bet i could do something annoying with toxic and recover... Good pokemon :D
Unfortunately, Furijio has a poor defensive typing (Ice), but it could work:
-Toxic
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ground)
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/40 SpA/40 SpD/176 Spe (or something else)
Item: Leftovers

I think Furiijio is one of my favorite new Pokemon of the Black and White generation, design wise. It's to bad its move pool, while interesting, doesn't fit its stats, and that it doesn't have a larger move pool due to being genderless (no egg moves) and lack of a wide range of TM capability.

breh

強いだね
but why would use furijio as a spreader of toxic? for god's sake anything wtih toxic spikes can do that in two moves. hell even alakazam is probably better at this; at least it has a better defensive typing :/

He was truly messed up due to his defenses... but!!!
-He is fast and has a decent special attack
-He has ice moves with STAB
-Sazandora, Salamence, Garchomp and Dragonite (and flygon) as well as many other Flying types are in UU and OU
-Fastness + Ice + Modest Special Attack + choice specs = The best Flying uu/OU weakish defenced sweeper counter ever.

Lets pray something in the next game will happen to him so he earns a shorter title like Best Ice Wall...

Actually, if Scizor Baton Passes 2+ Iron Defense then he is amazing...
Or if Mr. Mime baton passes 1+ Nasty Plot then he is amazing
Or if in the next pokemon game he gets an attack called Ice Bark

ICE BARK
The users Sp Att, Speed, Defense is raised by 2 levels but 1/4 hp is dropped...
And the foe dies

Sorry if this has been said already, but I think you should slash in HP Ground on the Ice glasses set. Because it can still hit non-balloon steel types, and only Bronzong, Surskit, Furiiijio, Shedinja, and Rotom (Frost, Heat, Wash) resist it. All of which are far less common than the Ice + Electric resists.

Sorry if this has been said already, but I think you should slash in HP Ground on the Ice glasses set. Because it can still hit non-balloon steel types, and only Bronzong, Surskit, Furiiijio, Shedinja, and Rotom (Frost, Heat, Wash) resist it. All of which are far less common than the Ice + Electric resists.
The only Ice + Electric resists are Frost/Heat rotoms, Shedinja, Magnezone, Lanturn, and Seaking.

The only Ice + Electric resists are Frost/Heat rotoms, Shedinja, Magnezone, Lanturn, and Seaking.

Ice + Ground Resists: Shedinja, Bronzong, Furiijio, Rotom (Frost, Heat, Wash)

Ice + Electric Resists: Seaking, Lanturn, Magnezone, Mamoswine, Rotom (Frost, Heat), Shedinja

Bronzong is far less common than Magnezone, Mamoswine, or Lanturn. Furiijio is less common as well. Rotom Wash is probably the only thing that Ice + Electric has the advantage over.

I listed the Ice + Ground resists in my original post, not the Ice + Electric resists, just to clear things up.

Actually, if Scizor Baton Passes 2+ Iron Defense then he is amazing...
Or if Mr. Mime baton passes 1+ Nasty Plot then he is amazing
Or if in the next pokemon game he gets an attack called Ice Bark

ICE BARK
The users Sp Att, Speed, Defense is raised by 2 levels but 1/4 hp is dropped...
And the foe dies

A couple things wrong here. Scizor baton passing a +2 defense still doesn't make him "amazing". Even doubling his defense, given his pathetic defensive typing, and incredibly low defense, it isn't much. However, maybe a +4 or +6 could make him decent. Nasty Plot raises SP attack by 2 stages, not one. Don't speculate on things that haven't happened yet (or will never happen).

He was truly messed up due to his defenses... but!!!
-He is fast and has a decent special attack I can agree on that.
-He has ice moves with STAB No kidding.
-Sazandora, Salamence, Garchomp and Dragonite (and flygon) as well as many other Flying types are in UU and OU
-Fastness + Ice + Modest Special Attack + choice specs = The best Flying uu/OU weakish defenced sweeper counter ever.
Modest special attack makes sure that positive base 95 and above still outspeed him (includes most dragons). Say hello to something better like Starmie, who is faster, has better defenses, a better defensive typing, has plenty of coverage moves, and a very high powered STAB attack that is more accurate than blizzard (hydro pump).

Lets pray something in the next game will happen to him so he earns a shorter title like Best Ice Wall...
Ice Wall is an oxymoron. I think you mean Ice sweeper, but whatever.

Why is this not Ice/Ghost? Honestly, he would be the new rotom for stall if he was Ice/Ghost. Still...

And Crygonal benefits much more from Reflect long term then acid armor. The second you show him, they will send in the physical priority, and he will have to leave. Better to leave a reflect then nothing.

I've been doing CB scizor calcs, and it doesn't look good. 252/252 crygonal can survive a BP after reflect, but he sacrifices his dragon killing purpose, and basically becomes a suicide reflector/spinner, if you predict right. There are better pokes who do the same thing.

Even though we are being selective with scizor, there are tons of similar pokes, who have stabbed priority that likely every team will have. Hopefully GF will give us an evolution or additional moves on cryogonal.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Ride, he referred to the number of boosts passed, as in, two iron defenses or one nasty plot.

Still, the problem is that he can't even really switch in on many dragons. At the end of the day, just use blissey for specially based dragons.

I used one on my sun team.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
252 Spe/252 Def/4 HP Timid

Rapid Spin
Recover
Ice Beam
SolarBeam

It actually survived some physical attacks...282HP/159Def is like a 4/0 pokemon with 70/66 defenses. It's better than Spinda, at least. And being SR weak is pretty petty with Rapid Spin+Recover.

Sensible, I would so take that bet. (Maybe not if you said "alternate form" instead of "evolution" in gray, though.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)