1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Dedicated Tournament Server - SPL

Discussion in 'Smogon Premier League' started by Oglemi, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oglemi

Oglemi I ask consent before I thrash anuses.
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

http://smogtours.psim.us/

Huge thanks to Zarel for setting this up!

The Server's Purpose

There are a couple reasons why we wanted and now have a dedicated tournament server. The biggest being that it's a "safe" place for players to play without annoying users having free rein to troll the battle chats.

The other purpose being this is a server under the direction of Smogon leadership with low traffic, meaning battles should be able to be played here with minimum lag without having to use a third party server with unknown leadership or no Smogon moderator+ presence (mostly oriserver but also pokecommunity, etc.). This way issues in battles such as disconnections can be handled directly by either the Smogon tournament staff or sim staff watching the battle.

Special Rules in Place

The entire server is in modchat. What this means is that you cannot talk in the main chat, in battle chats, or in PM without Voice (+).

You also cannot challenge others to a battle without Voice.

How to obtain Voice

Everyone will only have 1 account with voice, and guess which one that is? That's right, your Smogon username. This allows us to know exactly who is saying what in battle chats and allows us to easily "place blame" if something were to happen.

You must be present on the server to obtain voice, and your Smogon account must be at least 1 month old.

All SPL players will have voice.

Be very aware, misbehavior on the server can easily lead to infractions on the forum, largely the Poor Sportsmanship infraction. Do not take the server as a place to say whatever you want with only server-side reprimand. If the behavior is egregious it will carry over to the forums.

Staff Structure

All TDs will have administrative powers on the server, as well as regular Sim Admins from the PS main lobby. Sim Moderators on the PS main lobby will have mods. Senior Staff will have drivers if they want them. Everyone else will have voice.

If your Smogon username is already taken on PS

Post here with the username you'd like to be recognized with on the server, that way we can have a record with why we have an unknown username with voice on the server.

Granted usernames so far (open)

aim = pokeaim
    -Tsunami- = King Tsunami
    Donkey = doneky
    CTI = Celebi_trainer_ice
    Danio = Sir
    Ernesto = Ernesto_1.3
    JirachiCelebiMew = JirachiCelebiMeow
    Zukai = Zukai12
    Edgar = edgrr
    Dr Ciel = Doctor Ciel
    Yusuke = YOUsuke
    Icecream = Icecreams
    Fiction. = ficcion
    Kyros_ = Kyrosss
    fantasy = fant
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    Scene, TV-Rocka, Magcargo and 18 others like this.
  2. Nails

Nails EAST 2014
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Oglemi taking the fun out of spl one step at a time. First the smack talk thread, now no alts to spectate battles. Smh.
    -Tsunami- likes this.
  3. Oglemi

is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

If your Smogon username is already taken on PS

Post here with the username you'd like to be recognized with on the server, that way we can have a record with why we have an unknown username with voice on the server.

Added this to the OP
    SAGA likes this.
  4. Oglemi

C&C Leader

If your Smogon username is already taken or registered we're going to try and get you to choose a name that's as close to your Smogon username as possible, so bear with us in some regards.
  5. HackerKing

HackerKing

I signed up for SPL with this account but gave my PS account as eljefeestaaqui. My opponent knows both my Smogon username and my Pokemon Showdown account. I am listed in the SPL Week 2 thread under my PS account.

How should I sign up for the server?
  6. Oglemi

C&C Leader

With your Smogon username, I see you're on the server right now so I'll add it to voice. Your PS name will not be added.
  7. Oglemi

C&C Leader

In other news, ShakeItUp finally bugged me enough to change his name, so he has now achieved his ultimate dream and is now -Tsunami- on the forums. What a whirlwind that's been, first steeleagle17, MasterOfOz, then ShakeItUp, now -Tsunami- (or King Tsunami on the server), can't wait to see the next installment.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  8. Mr James Grey

Mr James Grey

I'm Mister James Grey, not abbreviated Mr on Showdown.

edit: Well I'm glad you all like this...

double edit: I still do not have the + rank, is it supposed to be that way?
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  9. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis Smogon Frontier's Castle Valetis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 16 Champion

I'm BKC
    Jaiho likes this.
  10. Oglemi

C&C Leader

Making all sorts of dreams come true today. User Jirachi is now Jirachee, huzzah
    Jukain and Harsha like this.
  11. Ruinnor

Ruinnor

I am ruinnor on the server now
  12. Ernesto

Ernesto is a motionless pedophile
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Ernesto was taken in PS (either that or I made it a really long time ago so I forgot the pass, but prolly the former), so my Showdown name is Ernesto_1.3 .
  13. Haruno

Haruno Sprouts > Kale
    is a Tiering Contributor

I'm Haruno
  14. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

voice Pocket plz Ogles :>
    BlankZero likes this.
  15. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Note I can reset usernames on PS (and so can other admins).

If the username has zero ladder activity and was registered more than six months ago, I can reset it for your use.

edit: Only for if your Smogon username doesn't match your PS username and you want a PS username that matches and you're actively using that Smogon username (e.g. it has 50+ posts on Smogon).
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
  16. Mulan15262

Mulan15262

I'm the same name on PS.
  17. Oglemi

C&C Leader

If Zarel does reset your account and you had voice on a different one, post here so that I can demote the non-Smogon username one.
  18. Edgar

Edgar Lordsquads,,
    is an official Team Rateris a SPL Winner

my name on PS is edgrr
  19. Passion

Passion Banned deucer.

ps name is lexie
  20. Oglemi

C&C Leader

is Goddess Lexie taken on the server? if not you should use that
  21. Passion

Passion Banned deucer.

kk
  22. Cinco Diablo

Cinco Diablo

PS Name is Lady Samantha. (Dr Ciel is taken, I checked)
  23. Oglemi

C&C Leader

can you try something like Doctor Ciel
  24. Cinco Diablo

Cinco Diablo

Done.
  25. MarceloDK

MarceloDK

LOL DOCTOR CIELE O_O
    Dice, Hollywood and Danilo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)