Defensive Walling Combinations

I am currently in a teambuilding block, and I'd currently like to focus on creating a strong defensive core. I prefer to play offensively, with usually 4 offensive pokemon and 2 walls. Of course, this asks a lot of the two walls, and they must be able to cover many threats, and take up many roles. I'd like to open this thread to discussing defensive combinations that are a good alternative to the hated and boring skarmbliss, but can be effective and fill many roles on the team.

A Few Examples:

SnorGlis

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
*Body Slam
*Crunch / Whirlwind
*Rest
*Sleep Talk

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Viel
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
*Earthquake
*Ice Fang
*Roost
*Stealth Rock

Comments:

Does pretty well as a defensive core. Snorlax can effectively deal with most special attacks, and has great status absorption abilities. Crunch easily deals with Azelf / Gengar / Alakazams, but whirlwind is useful for those Calm Minding Slowbros and Suicunes, and good if the team just needs a phazer. Snorlax can also work well with physical defensive EVs, if it acts as the main phazer. Gliscor effectively covers most of the strong physical attackers, combating Garchomp, Heracross, and Lucario, who are probably the most dangerous.

These two have great type synergy as well. Snorlax easily handles bulky waters and Ice Beams thrown at Gliscor. Gliscor easily eats fighting attacks at Snorlax.

Unfortunately, Gyarados rips this combo apart, and Metagross is hard to defeat as well.

Celetran

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Speed
*Grass Knot
*Hidden Power [Ice]
*Thunder Wave / Perish Song / Leech Seed
*Recover

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Calm
EVs: 244 HP / 128 Spe / 136 SpD
*Lava Plume
*Earth Power
*Rest
*Sleep Talk

Comments:

Already used by plenty. A solid defensive core. Celebi keeps Gyarados from running through the team, and Hidden Power Ice helps with Garchomp. The third slot is mainly a move to disable, or slow down other sweepers, which is what a defensive pokemon should do! Heatran reaches 310 special defense with that spread, and has many useful special resists. They both absorb status as well.

While this is a solid core, stealth rock really has no room between the two, which is ideal. This combo also still might have problems with Garchomp, and his highly weak to Mamoswine, and is Gengar weak. No one is perfect...

Anyway, those are some examples of what I'm looking for. I know it is VERY difficult to have a complete defensive core with just two pokemon, but additional problems can be addressed in one other team slot. The main thing is, what combinations work for you? Discuss options, movesets, spreads, etc.

Adding to Celetran, Celebi/Heatran/Zapdos/Gliscor is ridiculously hard to break. Things like Togekiss and Heracross are decimated all of the sudden. Gengar doesn't stand a damn chance, and Lucario isn't able to set up for a massive sweep or do any damage with boosted Aura Sphere. Throw another special wall like Blissey or Cresselia in the mix, and you have one fuck of a defense.

Gyralicks

Steelix is immune to electricity while gyrados is immune to ground and resists fire

Intimidate on top of one of the highest BST Defense's in the game means physical threats are non existant.

heatzong

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Calm
EVs: 244 HP / 128 Spe / 136 SpD
*Lava Plume
*Earth Power
*Rest
*Sleep Talk

brongzong

they resist each others weaknesses

zong doesnt resist fight or water, try again
steelicks and gyara are quickly dispatchd by a host of special threats :\

Adding to Celetran, Celebi/Heatran/Zapdos/Gliscor is ridiculously hard to break. Things like Togekiss and Heracross are decimated all of the sudden. Gengar doesn't stand a damn chance, and Lucario isn't able to set up for a massive sweep or do any damage with boosted Aura Sphere. Throw another special wall like Blissey or Cresselia in the mix, and you have one fuck of a defense.
I use a mixape (no nasty plot) with hp/ice, it works against many teams and breaking walls, such as that combo.

----

Also in UU, Gligar + Bibarel + Meganium make a great defense combination.

Banner made by me in the GIMP

Well guys, I'm Bam, and I'm sure you've seen me, my trade partner, and our trade thread around here before. It was actually a pretty successful trade thread, and by creating a new one, it will only get better. We plan on cleaning out the old, showcasing the new, and breeding better Pokemon than ever before (we actually both bred a couple new secret projects just for the opening of this thread!). Although it's already been stated in the above post, here's my game info. My FC is , my OT is Bam, and my Trainer ID is 60302. Nothin' much else to say.

I'll edit this part in later, as I'm really not sure of what I want right now (sounds any girl you've ever met, eh? :P).

'Tis a secret, kami doesn't even know. Just be sure that it will be awesome!

♂Lv50 Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Modest, Torrent
30 / 8 / 29 / 31 / 31 / 31 [30.4]
16 HP / 20 Def / 252 SpA / 222 Spe
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Agility
- Substitute

Ah, SubPetaya Empoleon is all the rage nowadays, and what a better way to start off a trade thread than to breed an almost perfect one. It's only three points off perfect (you could say only two, as with no HP EVs and a 30 HP IV, its HP at level 100 is divisible by 4), and is so far the best Pokemon I've bred.

The cool thing about this set is that it resists almost all of the priority moves, such as Bullet Punch and Ice Shard. With Empoleon's impressive resistances, you can easily switch into another Pokemon that you can scare out, Agility or sub on the switch, sub down to low HP, and then sweep with the Petaya-Torrent-STAB-bootsed Surf (or Hydro Pump).

The Empoleon above is also available as a level one Piplup with Hydro Pump, Aglity, and whatever other moves it learns at level one.

♂Lv50 Venusaur @ Leftovers
Timid, Overgrow
25 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 [29.8]
228 HP / 42 Def / 36 SpA / 100 SpD / 104 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

I've always wanted to use a Venasaur competitively ever since I chose it as my starter in Leaf Green (I actually beat my rival's level 64 Charizard with my leve 42 Venasaur using Leech Seed/Sleep Powder, lol). The EVs on this set allow for maximum Lefties recovery, the ability to outspeed Jolly, max-speed Tyranitar, generally good defenses, and a bit in special attack. This is a really fun set to use (and very annoying to your opponent), as you can Sleep Powder something slower, Leech Seed the attack, and then either switch out to your counter or stay in and bombard your opponent with an uber-powerful Leaf Storm (Sludge Bomb is for those Grass types that try to switch in so you can't Seed them).

The Venusaur above is also available as a level one Bulbasaur with Leaf Storm and whatever other moves it learns at level one. It has no EVs.

♀Lv50 Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Impish, Chlorophyll
27 / 31 / 27 / 16 / 31 / 31 [29.4]
252 HP / 228 Def / 30 Spe
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

Ah, Mojonbo. This is one of my favorite Pokemon of the new generation, and I think it is vastly underrated. Leech Seed + Knock Off + Sleep Powder is an amazing combination, and when you combine that with a STABed, base 120 power move that hits any frail special sweeper hard, you have an awesome supporting beast. 252 Hp still gives it 400, so you get max Lefties recovery (it doesn't mind not having 401 Hp - Bliss would rather Ice Beam than S-toss, and if it only has Thunderbolt, then you can just Leech Seed and get around 87 Hp back per turn!), 30 Sp allows it to outrun -Sp Swampert so you can OHKO with Power Whip, and the rest goes into its massive De.

The Tangrowth above is also available as a level one Tangela with Leech Seed, Constrict, and Ingrain. It has no EVs.

♀Lv50 Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Impish, Own Tempo
31 / 31 / 25 / 0 / 31 / 28 [29.25]
252 HP / 228 Def / 30 Spe
- Return
- Explosion
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

I was going to breed this for the Smogon Breeding Program Month 2, but I ended up getting this really good one right before it started. If you can't tell, the father was my Boah, and it helped out real nicely. With its great base Hp and defenses, along with its good At and great STAB (Explosion) makes it an awesome physical tank that can do tons of stuff with its great movepool. I messed up on the EVs here a bit, but you're only losing one Sd point in total, so I didn't think it was worth fixing. Last, it has Own Tempo, the better of its two [somewhat useless] abilities, which keeps it from becoming confused.

The Tangrowth above is also available as a level one Lickitung with Focus Punch, Substitute, Fire Blast, and something else. It has no EVs.

♀Lv50 Gliscor @ Leftovers
Impish, Sand Veil
29 / 31 / 31 / 0 / 27 / 28 [29.2]
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

This is Gliscor, the premier physical wall of the Diamond and Pearl revolution. It is also the best, if not the only true Heracross counter in the game, resisting both of his STAB attacks, and is can then OHKO with Aerial Ace after taking the hit. Gliscor can Stealth Rock, gets STAB Earthquake off decent attack, can Knock Off, has access to Roost, which lowers its 4x Ice weakness to 2x, and can actually work because of its base 95 Spd. It can Baton Pass Agility or Swords Dance if you feel the need, and it works amazingly well in tandem with Sandstorm teams, due to its great (and some would say stupid) ability, which raises its evasion in the Sandstorm.

The Gliscor shows above is also available as a level 50 Gliscor with Earthquake, U-turn, Ice Fang, and Roost. The EV spread is 252 HP / 100 Atk / 90 Def / 68 Spe, which allows it to always due at least 25% to Tyraniboah with U-turn, giving you the chance to scout out that Ice Beam or Dark Pulse he may have, while also breaking the sub. The Spe EVs allow you to always outspeed Adamant Breloom.

The Gliscor shown above is also available as a level one Gligar with Swords Dance, Brick Break, Poison Sting, and Sand Attack. It has no EVs.

♂Lv50 Gallade @ Leftovers
Adamant, Steadfast
27 / 31 / 25 / x / 31 / 31 [29]
230 HP / 100 Atk / 120 Def / 60 Spe
- Psycho Cut
- Drain Punch
- Night Slash
- Bulk Up

Ten points off perfect...this is actually a bit disheartening as I was hoping for at least quad-flawless, but whatever, it's amazing, especially considering the luck I've been having lately. This is the Bulk Up set that I made. After Bulk Up, it has 330 Hp, 513 At, 285 De, 266 Sd, and 211 Sp (outspeeds Agiligross and such), which are really good, and they allow it to beat out Gliscor and friends (although unless you put Night Slash in there somewhere, you won't do much to Cresselia or Uxie). Night Slash may go over Thunderwave, depending on how useful you think it is to have it. I will have a "regular" EVd Gallade (the CB version) soon.

Edit: After using this Bulk Up Gallade in numerous battles, I'll say that it's a beast. You can switch in on things you normally could never dream of (anything that you normally wouldn't do anything to but that doesn't do much to you either, like Umbreon, Tangrowth, etc.), get a Bulk Up or two in (since they'll generally stay in a turn or two because they think they can wall you), and then hammer away. I've replaced Thunderwave with Night Slash, and it makes a large difference, allowing you to hit most Psychics. Drain Punch is awesome -- earlier today after my opponent realized that he shouldn't stay in on my Umbreon, he sent out Forretress, which then took 40% from a +2 Drain Punch. I attacked again, but was exploded upon, which left my Gallade with ~25% HP left! But then Starmie came in a Surfed me :(. Anywas, my point is, USE THIS - at least try it out. It will be a lot better than you think ;).

Edit x2: Click here for my set analysis of the BU set, now known as Gaylade. Let me know what you think of it.

The Gallade shown above is also available as a level one Ralts with Wil-O-Wisp and whatever else it has at level one. It has no EVs.

♀Lv1 Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
Jolly, Pressure
27 / 26 / 29 / 31 / x / 31 [28.8]
No EVs (The EV Spread is meant to be: 76 HP / 126 Atk / 100 SpD / 168 Spe)
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

This is an interesting set and on paper it seems as if it could work. 76 HP EVs gives Aero 320 HP, a good number for Leftovers (you're gaining 20 HP per turn), 56 SpDef EVs give it 211 SpDef, which amounts to 316 in Sandstorm. 168 Spd EVs allow it to outspeed plus-nature base 120 Speed Pokemon, such as Dugtio and Sceptile, as you wouldn't want to be staying in on the other base 130s or Weavile anyways, and they won't want to be staying in on you.

Taunt prevents your opponent from healing or statusing you, Protect allows you to scout and PP-stall, Roost heals your HP and gets rid of your rock/ice weakness, and Rock Slide gives you a decent STAB move with twice the PP of Stone Edge and that also has a good 30% chance of flinching, which is Aerodactyl is easily able to take advantage of with its awesome speed.

♂Lv62 Yanmega @ Life Orb
Modest, Speed Boost
22 / 5 / 26 / 31 / 31 / 31 [28.2] [HP Ice 68]
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- HP Ice 68
- Protect

Hidden Power Ice 68! Because I didn't realize that only Yanma learned Hypnosis, this Yanmega is incapable of learning it, but it's still great if you prefer Protect over Hypnosis or want to lead with it. Triple flawless with decent HP and Defense makes this really nice, and it's really a monster, capable of 2HKOing max HP/SpDef Calm Cresselia (not that anybody runs that spread anyways) with STAB Life Orbed Bug Buzz.

Lv50 Porygon Z @ Choice Scarf
Modest, Adaptability
26 / 4 / 13 / 31 / 31 / 31 [26.4]
230 HP / 100 Atk / 120 Def / 60 Spe
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

After taking a break from breeding Gibles, I thought of how much I loved ScarfHeatran, and then I started thinking of how awesome it would be to have something else that's Scarfed, but that also has more Sa and more Sp. Porygon-Z came to mind, and after I did some calcs, I was bought. The De is a little lacking, but this is still an amazing breed from something that can only mate with Ditto.

This can be used for almost all of the PoryZ sets, from Scarf or Specs, to the Nasty Plot set. However, I think that the Scarf set suits it best because it has amazing special attack and great speed when paired with scarf, just outspeeding any +Speed natured 252 Sp Heatran. It also has amazing coverage with double-STAB Tri Attack (the ability Trace will turn into Adaptability, thus doubling the STAB effect on any normal moves), Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Thunderbolt, Psychic, and Shadow Ball. It can be a great lead due to that coverage, hitting Hippowdon, Gengar, Roserade, Gyarados, Breloom, and most other common leads super-effective.

The PoryZ shown above is also available as a level one Porygon with whatever moves it has at level one. It has no EVs.

♂Lv55 Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Jolly, Snow Cloak
3 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 [26.3]
54 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Body Slam

This was an amazing fluke I got while breeding for my SBP3 project. The Hp and Sa IVs were random, so it's just bad luck that Hp got 3 instead of 31, but whatever, this thing still rocks. It's made for the CBSwine set, which can rip apart most weather teams, being immune to both Sandstor and Hail, and it receives no damage or loss of move power in Rain or Sun. Body Slam is an egg move, and can help out with this things sub-par Sp base stat.

The Mamoswine shown above is also available as a level one Swinub with Body Slam and whatever moves it learns at level one. It has no EVs.

♂Lv1 Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Naive, Pressure
10 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 23 / 31 [26.2]
No EVs (The EV Spread is meant to be: 252 Atk / 42 SpA / 216 Spe)
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

This is the other new Aerodactyl that I've bred - Naive and Fire Blast allows it to 2HKO Skarm, do a bit more to Bronzong than usual, and OHKO Forretress and Scizor, both decent switch-ins to Aerodactyl. If Skarm switches in on SR and a Stone Edge, you have a guaranteed KO the next turn by hitting it with Fire Blast.

♂Lv1 Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Adamant, Pressure
26 / 31 / 6 / 31 / 31 / 31 [25]
No EVs (The EV Spread is meant to be: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe)
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

This was bred during the SBP5, but is not the final result, as I was aiming for Jolly. Aerodactyl is seriously underrated this generation - it is easily one of the better end-game sweepers with its great type coverage, its amazing Speed and good Attack, and with the new addition of Life Orb. Pressure is the better of its two abilities for this set - it's useful to take some PP off your opponent's walls every once and a while.

Lv55 Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant, Clear Body
26 / 31 / 29 / 26 / 9 / 27 [24.4]
252 HP / 236 Atk / 22 Def
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Ahh, the CBGross. Due to its great resistances and good Defense, this set allows it to switch into many attacks and then wreak havoc off a huge Attack stat. Bullet Punch is able to OHKO Weavile, Azelf, and other offensively-strong but defensively-weak Pogeys, and STAB Meteor Mash dents almost everything hard. Pursuit does a number on anything that thinks they can switch out, and if that Cresselia is annoying you, you can always explode in its face (as kami knows only too well :P). Great all-around IVs, especially where they count.

The Metagross shown above is also available as a level 56 Metagross @ Leftovers with Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Explosion, and Agility. It has and EV spread of 124 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def / 128 Spe.

♂Lv50 Kingdra @ Life Orb
Lonely, Swift Swim
20 / 31 / 2 / 31 / 31 / 31 [24.3]
252 Atk / 242 SpA / 16 Spe
- Surf
- Waterfall
- Dragon Pulse
- Rain Dance

With a Rain Dance under its belt, it (as Kingdra) is basically getting an Agility and a Howl (for its water moves at least), and it can 2HKO Blissey with Waterfall. It hits 420 Speed after the Rain Dance, allowing it to outspeed ScarfHeracross and anything else that hovers around there, and the 2 in Defense doesn't matter much as Lonely nature is -Def anyways.

Damage Calcs [holding Life Orb in rain]:
Waterfall vs
148 HP/252 Def Bold Blissey - 59-70%
252 HP/252 Def Impish Gliscor - 79-94%
252 HP/252 Def Bold Cresselia - 32-38%
60 HP/0 Def Adamant Tyranitar - 117-139%
252 HP/36 Def Adamant Metagross - 48-57%
0 HP/0 Def Jolly/Adamant Weavile - 114-134%
252 HP/98 SpDef Sassy Bronzong - 50-60%

Surf vs
252 HP/252 Def Impish Skarm - 97-114%
252 HP/252 Def Bold Cresselia - 43-51%
252 HP/98 SpDef Sassy Bronzong - 53-62%

Dragon Pulse vs
16HP/0 SpDef Adamant Garchomp - 98-115%
0 HP/0 SpDef Modest Salamence - 112-132%
58 HP/0 SpDef Jolly Dragonite - 91-108%

The Kingdra shown above is also available as a level 14 Horsea with Surf, Waterfall, Dragon Pulse, and Rain Dance. It has the same EV spread as the one above.

♂Lv50 Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive, Blaze
16 / 31 / 12 / 31 / 19 / 31 [23.3] [HP Ice 66]
42 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Nasty Plot
- Encore

Finally got this done. This was bred for the Smogon Breeding Program. It has the Egg move Encore, which is actually a really cool move for this set, as you can switch in on your opponent Substituting, Stealth Rocking, or just doing whatever, Encore if the're going to stay in, or attack if you think they're going to switch. I really like Fire Blast over Flamethrower on this set because it allows you to nab a lot of 2HKOs when you attack first with Close Combat and then Fire Blast afterwords that you just wouldn't be able to do with Flamethrower. Have fun with this set ;).

The Infernape shown above is also available as a level 1 Chimchar with Encore, Leer, and Scratch. It has no EVs.

Lv50 Uxie @ Leftovers (D)
Bold, Levitate
29 / 2 / 27 / 28 / 31 / 5 [28.8]
No EVs
- Amnesia
- Future Sight
- Yawn
- Confusion

Probably the best bold Uxie out of the bunch, this doesn't have an IV that it needs under 27, and it's low speed guarantees a slow U-turn so you can get in something fragile without having to take a hit.

Lv50 Uxie @ Leftovers (E)
Bold, Levitate
25 / 8 / 31 / 27 / 29 / 27 [27.8]
No EVs
- Amnesia
- Future Sight
- Yawn
- Confusion

With the moveset Yawn/U-turn/Protect/Stealth Rock you can generally Yawn or U-turn whatever switches in, set up SR or Protect while they switch or stay in, and then U-turn to a counter if they switched or something that needs a turn to set up if they stayed in and are asleep. Afraid of Pursuit when T-tar or Weavile switch in? Use protect to scout - if they use Crunch/Night Slash, then switch or U-turn, and if they use Pursuit, either put them to sleep or U-turn out if you're slower.

Lv70 Giratina @ Leftovers
Bold, Pressure
30 / 31 / 24 / 28 / 12 / 25 [23.8]
No EVs
- Heal Block
- Shadow Force
- Slash
- Earth Power

Notes: I finally got a nice Giratina after many hours of soft resetting. This is definately one of the best Bold Giratinas on Smogon and has great IVs all around. This is also meant to be the Calm Minding version, playable in Ubers. Will-o-Wisp dampens attackers' strength, Calm Mind is useful to raise SpAtk and SpDef to possibly set up a sweep, and Dragon Pulse offers good STAB that hits a good number of Ubers hard. For the last slot, you can go Shadow Ball, which hits the other majority of ubers hard, Rest to heal or Protect to PP stall and gain a bit of Lefties recovery, Toxic to slowly kill other wallking Pokemon, Roar to get rid of anything else setting up on you, or Thunder for a high base power move that always hits in the common rainy weather. This is also very capable of working as a great counter to the Normal-type SDing Arceus.

Extra: Omega, who was found to have hacked and cloned his and others' Pokemon with Pokesav, was the original cloner of this Giratina. Thus, if placed under a hack check, it may come up as unlegit. I don't know which of the clones I have is the original, if I have it (Omega may have taken it while cloning), but if I find it, I'll delete the rest of the clones and get clones of that from somebody with an AR. I assure you, this and everything else I have is perfectly legit. If you'd like to make sure, anything and everything else in this thread can be checked and will show up as legit.

Lv55 Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid, Levitate
17 / 31 / 7 / 24 / 29 / 31 [23.2]
No EVs
- Nasty Plot
- Future Sight
- Grass Knot
- Confusion

This is a really nice Azelf, actually. Even with its Timid nature, with just a couple of At EVs you'll be able to OHKO standard Bold Bliss with Explosion, and with Life Orb and no EVs, it's always an OHKO. Otherwise, this makes a great Nasty Plotter, and works well with Uxie, which draws in the same things Azelf does (weakness wise), can sleep them, Stealth Rock, and then U-turn to Azelf to set up.

Lv75 Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest, Flash Fire
25 / 18 / 10 / 23 / 23 / 29 [23] [HP Ice 64]
No EVs
- Scary Face
- Lava Plume
- Fire Spin
- Iron Head

Yes, the SpAtk may look a little bit low, but in reality it only makes a 1-2% difference, and the decent HP and SpDef, along with great Speed make up for it. This is the only HP Ice Heatran on Smogon that I know of. I should have an EV trained version up in a little bit, as well as a Specs version and another version of a new set that kami and I are working on.

I like Regeon in SS

RegiRock: Leftovers
Max Special Defense and HP
+ SpD Nature
-Thunder Wave
-Rest
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock

Vaporeon: Leftovers
Standard EVS and nature
-wish
-acid armor
-baton pass
-surf

This pairing was quite effective in my sandstorm team as it usually let me stall them out to reveal their team as well as cripple most of it. Just lay down toxic spikes and let these 2 stall it out.

zong doesnt resist fight or water, try again
steelicks and gyara are quickly dispatchd by a host of special threats :\

i was refering to ground and fire. and its acutally immune. i use that combo and it works great. people try to eq heatran i switch to zong people try to flamethrower/fireblast/fire fang/ etc zong i switch to heatran and it boost his fire attacks. great combo. as for the fight and water another pokemon will have to do. but the 4x ground weak is gone and zongs only weakness 2x fire is gone when paired up with each other.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To the people looking for a two Pokemon cure-all wall solution, you won't find one. A team of six Pokemon can't cover everything perfectly, so why would you expect there to be a two-Pokemon combination that can do it?

That being said, I like Blissey + Cloyster = Blister.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nasty Plot Life Orb Fire Blast has a fair shot at OHKOing 252 HP / 252 SpD Calm Zapdos even with a +Speed nature.

I think I just got an idea for a stall team... This sounds like it will force tons of switches.

There's only one combo that strikes fear into enemy hearts...

MANLIX.

Steelix and Mantine combine to become mildly effective! They fully resist/are immune to each others weaknesses. The real issue is dealing damage, though you can go Surf/Toxic/Protect/Filler and SR/Roar/EQ/Toxic I guess.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Bulky Wishmence+Magnezone resist each other's weaknesses completely. You have to be perfect at predicting though, what with the huge number of weaknesses to common types. It can really pay off sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)