Diversity Cup - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, and welcome to the sign-ups for the Diversity Cup, the tournament that will test your knowledge of many of the common metagames in the D/P Generation!

Each entrant will submit a team (by PM, please) consisting of 6 Pokemon, each from a different tier. Your team must have 1 Pokemon from each of the following tiers: Uber, OU, BL, UU, UE, NFE.

This will be run as a double-elimination tournament, which means that you must lose twice to be eliminated from the tournament. The Winner's bracket will be identical to the brackets of a normal tournament, but anyone who has lost a match will compete in the Loser's bracket. Once their is a single person in each bracket, those are the two finalists. Keep in mind that the finalist from the loser's bracket will have to win two straight matches against the other finalist.

I'm starting this as a 16-person, but it will be increased to 32 if there is enough interest.

Standard Smogon rules apply, and the tournament will use Smogon tiers. Arceus and Shaymin are banned, as they are not legally obtainable as of yet. Battles to be conducted on ShoddyBattle.

This tournament will run under strict, 2-week deadlines.

1. zerowing
2. Brawlex
3. husk
4. Dak
5. Monco
6. Silver610
7. [kd8]otome
8. TaiwaneseDude
9. Pilocus
10. jc_rcw
11. Ghandi1988
12. Ace777
13. 3N3MY
14. rojo23
15. IAmNoCommunist
16. Porygon3
17. Aldaron
18. COalex
19. StrangerDanger
20. Maniaclyrisist
21. Giga Punch
22. CaptKirby
23. Aeroblactyl
24. Lord_Sunday
25. WER
26. Ae Sakura
27. Dekzeh
28. rkatzam
29. Pneuma
30. Queen
31. gmax
32. Earthworm

Clarification: You must use 1 Pokemon from each tier. You may not use a second UU in place of your BL, for instance.

I'm in, You want the teams now, or after sign ups are completed?

Also, Any chance of supplying an actual tier list, seeing how NU list doesn't exist :P

Thanks for pointing out the lack of NU tier, I missed that when checking the tiers earlier. Well, since I'm not going to pretend I know nearly enough about DP to make a NU tier, the slot will be replaced by an unevolved Pokemon (different from the existing not fully evolved slot). Haunter is NFE, Ghastly is UE.

There will be a 2-week deadline for round 1. Teams will be due before your first battle, but before the end of the first week.

I'm in if there's room

Also this is probably a stupid question but we need to gove you movesets and EV spreads too, right?

I have a question about the difference between Not Fully Evolved and Unevolved. According to your example of Ghastly and Haunter, does this mean that UE only represents the first stage of 3 stage evolutions? So for example, can I use both Misdreavus and Gligar on the team, since they are both considered Not Fully Evolved and technically Unevolved. Or do I have to use a first stage pokemon like bagon or chimchar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)