1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

DM's Hokey Karaoke! (FINAL ROUND)

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by DM, Dec 10, 2010.

1. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

As much as I absolutely hate to do this (I already waited long enough, hoping for more voters + law school final exams = no free time), it's time to have our final round. andrea just BARELY missed out on making it here, and between her and Articuno64 there are two very talented Smogonites who have been sent packing.

But alas, on with the show! Here are your final contestants:

NINAHAZA
    [​IMG]

v.

OMEGADONUT
    [​IMG]

I really have nothing planned for this round, I'm out of good genre ideas. Therefore, it is up to the contestants: pick 3 songs and perform them. Simple as that. Because they get to choose, they get to play to their own strengths. Should be fun!

Please get these done soon, I'm pretty sick of having this tourney hanging over my head!
  2. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

oh god those eyes

Also:
    [​IMG]

IT WAS PROPHECIZED
  3. Articuno64

Articuno64 1 to 63 were taken
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Let's hear some doozies, gentlemen.
  4. Ninahaza

Ninahaza You'll always be a part of me
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

ahh mike what a fun time this has been, haha i remember leaving that VM before i even knew people like jason/kinneas were going to join. but man that just makes this final that much more special.

good luck man, lets rock DM's winter socks right off his P90x built toes.
  5. RockinX

RockinX My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Awesome, Omega made it to the finals!
  6. DM

Whattaya say guys, have these done by the new year?
  7. Ninahaza

alright DM, sure.
    here is my first entry, a song that i am sure Evan will LOVE

Use somebody - Kings of leon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXmfwMdTq1c

i just finished recording the 2nd entry so that should be up in a few days, then the third during the weekend.
  8. DM

NICE. Well done!
  9. DM

Okay, before you guys post anymore: I don't want everyone to have the songs before the voting begins, so Ninahaza, PM me your other two! OmegaDonut, post one of your three here in the thread so that you and Ninahaza are on an even playing field, then PM me the other two.
  10. DM

OD

are you alive
  11. DM

if anybody gives a shit Ninahaza won

and there was much rejoicing

(Jesus if you wanna post your final submissions you're more than welcome to)
  12. Atlas

Atlas I'm the Mary!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

o hey, uh, congrats i guess...
  13. Ninahaza

i did?

[​IMG]

no but seriously, i did not imagine winning like this. i will not post my 3rd and Final entry [just incase Omegadonut brings life back into this :D] but i will post my 2nd entry if only for all the work that went into it[which......isnt a lot but its a kick ass video with a twist near the end :) ]

Beautiful Day by U2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTBHdbODTZA

EDIT: thanks Atlas and np DM, it was indeed fun
  14. DM

On a serious note, I want to thank all my competitors, especially Ninahaza, for the fun karaoke (though it dragged on too long because school ruined my life this fall). I apologize for not making it more fun, but refer to the previous parenthetical.
  15. Articuno64

Articuno64 1 to 63 were taken
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Thanks for organizing it DM. This contest was "baller", as they say.
  16. Chalkey

Chalkey

Congrats, Ninahaza! And OD, please finish your entry anyway if you get a chance. I wouldn't mind hearing it. :)
  17. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

Game isn't over just yet, OD confirmed to be working on his entries.
  18. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

So this morning I get a PM from LightWolf saying the Circus Maximus staff will leave this open if they have my assurances that I will, someday, submit my entries. That's cool, but I was planning on posting my entries sometime anyway since two of them were almost complete. It's just not happening anytime soon, in between work\graduating\finishing RNG Reporter 9.

In the meantime, here's a sneak preview of my first track.

Norwegian Recycling - Soul of Fireflies (a Train vs. Owl City mashup) feat. Chalkey on ukelele
  19. Ninahaza

cool with me, yeah i knew you had very little time thats why i didnt want to advance on my Final entry should something like this happen :).
    i myself am about to go somewhere for awhile but hopefully we can complete this someday [ near future hopefully]

PS: nice mash up entry :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)