Double Battle Metagame.

I like the look of Feargle Trick Room.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash (Level 1 Smeargle)
IVs: 0 HP, 0 Def, 0 SpDef, 0 Spe
Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
Fake Out
Endeavor
Dark Void
Extremespeed/Protect

Basically, you get your other lead to set up Trick Room while you Fake Out or Dark Void, your Sash gets broken, then you start firing off Endeavor.
This is why I love hippo, benefits from TR(most of the time) and gets rid of the sash immediately.

Can you use mimic on a teammate? If you can I could see someone trying Machamp w/ Mimic with and Wailord w/ Sheer Cold. If OHKO clause is off naturally, any thoughts of how this would work midgame?

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
I wouldn't use Wailord, but I can see how it might work. Only problem is, as soon as they get a hint of what you're up to, they're just going to double-team your Machamp into oblivion...

I'd only try that with Kyogre (Fastest user of SC) or Lapras (Bulky) as the partner. But if someone sees Machamp in a double battle, they can assume OHKO moves.

I'd only try that with Kyogre (Fastest user of SC) or Lapras (Bulky) as the partner. But if someone sees Machamp in a double battle, they can assume OHKO moves.
Although I'm not sure if I'd try this, I wouldn't assume OHKO moves if I saw machamp, simply because it's such a pain to do. This is a much better way to do it then any I've seen before.

I can't say I'd try it either, but it is fun to theorymom. That and it is quicker than skill swapping between a whole bunch of things, just popped into my head while thinking of mimic.

Porygon-Z@LifeOrb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpAtt / 252 Speed
Nature: Timid
-Nasty Plot
-Tri Attack
-Dark Pulse
-Hidden Power [Fighting]

+

Vaporeon@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 130 SpAtt
Nature: Bold
-Helping Hand
-Wish
-Muddy Water
-Ice Beam/Blizzard

Vaporeon isn't going to do much attacking but with Helping Hand, Porygon-Z can OHKO almost every Pokemon that is sent out at you. It's like taking all pickings off of your opponent's team. If you feel like Vaporeon should attack, Muddy Water can help wipe out both opposing Pokemon. Ice Beam is more accurate but if you want to risk missing, Blizzard is extremely powerful and can hit both Pokemon. Chances are Blizzard will hit one of the two Pokemon but it might hit the wrong one (e.g. hitting Starmie and missing Salamence).

How about this?

Ultimate wall building:

Lugia
Timid nature
Leftovers
252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
-Roost
-Skill Swap
-Whirlwind
-Ice Beam/Toxic

Clefable
Magic Guard
Careful nature
Leftovers
252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
-Follow Me
-Protect
-Toxic/Seismic Toss
-Wish

This set successfully gets you a wall with a recovery move and Magic Guard, as Follow Me has a higher priority than Taunt, making it impossible for Lugia to get taunted. After you pull this off, you can keep spamming Follow Me until Clefable dies so that you can get a safe switch-in with a better team mate.

I didn't know we were posting VGC. Why not lead with this:

Giratina-O@Griseous Orb
Nature: Mild
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 216 SpA / 40 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Shadow Sneak
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Aqua Tail/other physical move/Earth Power/Aura Sphere

Metagross@Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Clear Body
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Explosion
-Trick
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash/Iron Head/Elemental Punch

Explode if the enemy gets any funny ideas. Draco Meteor to murder what explosion can't kill. Shadow Sneak to laugh at sashes. Trick if you expect a trick room. EQ when Draco Meteor won't quite get the job done and explosion seems illogical. Rock Slide if they're in the air, or if you prefer, Meteor Mash for pure power or Iron Head for reliability. Bullet Punch only if you are one of those people that tricks a lot. Elemental Punches are purely for type coverage, but be warned that Giratina is weak against Ice and relies on its steel counterpart to take them out. For Giratina, you could opt for a Lonely nature, which is what Smogon recommends, but I say Mild so that Draco Meteor can nab some crucial 2HKOs. Can't think of moves for Giratina. Outrage is rather unstable in Double battles so you might want to go for Dragon Claw, but at the same time, Dragon Claw rarely gets that OHKO. Aqua Tail is because gira doesn't have a very diverse physical movepool, but it can prove to be useful. Just so you know how powerful Draco Meteor is, anything that doesn't resist it and isn't in Ubers is crippled and left to die from Shadow Sneak, if they didn't die from Draco Meteor first. There are probably a few exceptions, but it really is uber powerful, and here you are putting it on one of the highest SpA to get STAB on it, plus the 20% from Griseous Orb. If you manage to hit any of the non-resistant Dragon Types(i.e. Salamence, Latias, Latios, Garchomp, Rayquaza), then its an instant OHKO, no EV's or nature could save their life. For the last slot, you could go for WoW or T-wave. Destiny Bond is something I would use for the lol points, and is a more sophisticated way of using protect. Aura Sphere is to get rid of Ice types that Metagross can't kill. Earth Power is for the Physically Bulky types that resist Explosion, such as an enemy Metagross or Steelix(but who uses Steelix). If you have any suggestions(that's what I'm counting on) please share.

Partners: WishBliss is by far the best partner for Giratina-O. It replenishes his health and gives him another chance to Draco Meteor to oblivion. Not to mention their great synergy. Blissey sponges anything not super-effective, and what do you know, Giratina gets a clean entrance against those fighting attacks. On the offensive, you could choose another partner that can explode, just to take advantage of Giratina's ghost type, but seeing as how VGC allows another Uber, you might as well go extreme here. Mewtwo is a good Uber that you can use as well as Palkia, the latter of which cannot explode. They both have good coverage, but while Mewtwo is faster than Palkia and just a tad stronger, it is less bulky too. You could always go with other Ubers such as Dialga, but it is best to choose something that can hit fast, wide, and strong.

Damage Calcs.

Metagross Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Neutral Palkia = 145.5% - 171.3%
Metagross Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Positive Palkia = 78.6% - 92.7%
Metagross Explosion vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Neutral Lugia(Great Wall Set) = 76.2% - 89.9%(finished off with Shadow Sneak)
Metagross Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Neutral Salamence = 152.3% - 179.5%
Metagross Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Positive Salamence = 88.3% - 104.1%
Metagross Explosion vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Neutral Kyogre = 133.9% - 157.6%
Metagross Explosion vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Neutral Kyogre = 113.4% - 133.4%
Metagross Explosion vs. 240 HP / 244 Def Neutral Kyogre = 89.3% - 105.2%
Metagross Explosion vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Neutral Groudon = 91.5% - 107.9%
Metagross Explosion vs. 252 HP / 32 Def Neutral Groudon = 75.7% - 89.1%

Giratina-O Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Neutral Metagross = 50.5% - 59.5%
Giratina-O Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Neutral Lugia(Great Wall Set) = 45.7% - 54.1%
Giratina-O Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Neutral Kyogre = 60.8% - 71.9%
Giratina-O Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Neutral Kyogre = 51.5% - 60.9%
Giratina-O Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Neutral Groudon = 88.9% - 104.7%
Giratina-O Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 32 Def Neutral Groudon = 70% - 82.7%

Im back after a long time.I am kind of new so please excuse me if i've made some mistake.
This is something for double battles.

Shedinja
Move 1: Protect
Move 2: Substitute
Move 3:Will-o-wisp
Move 4:X scissor/ Shadow sneak
Item : Focus sash
Nature:Adamant
252 attack 252 speed
Substitute really helps :) i know.

Smeargle
Move 1:Ingrain
Move 2:Protect
Move 3:Substitute
Move 4:Transform
Item:Leftovers
Jolly
252 hp 252 speed

So yeah, Now to the strategy.In a double battle send out say something bulky that knows follow me like togekiss, along with smeargle.Make smeargle use Ingrain and Sub while the bulky something uses follow me twice.By this time the bulky something should die(as its the second turn).Now send out Shedinja.Make shedinja use protect and smeargle(with the sub and leftovers+ingrain recovery) now transforms into shedinja while retaining its 314 hp.So voila ,we have a shedinja 314 hp recovering 1/8th hp per turn with protect and sub.Note that this works even if sandstorm or hail is up.

Now pokemon which resist Will-o-wisp like any fire type pose a problem.Therefore the fourth pokemon should be chosen to counter these(which luckily are a few compared to other types).Those that dont resist Will-o-wisp will get worn down by it.

Why not get rid of Sub on Shedinja for X-Scissor, that way you get both moves (y sub when he can't use it because of 1 HP).

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am not quite sure what the point of that is, though. I mean, ya Shedinja with 314 HP is cool, but what exactly is Smeargle going to do? Protect in the enemy's face? My point is, Smeargle does not pose any threat to the enemy, other than maybe stalling out pokemon if you have like Toxic Spikes or something down.

Edit: Ignore this, I didn't realize Transform took the moves as well as the typing. Sandstorm DOES ruin you, however, because it kills Shedinja(hits through Sash). There is also the problem that your "Bulky" lead poke has to be faster than BOTH of the opposing pokemon.

I am not quite sure what the point of that is, though. I mean, ya Shedinja with 314 HP is cool, but what exactly is Smeargle going to do? Protect in the enemy's face? My point is, Smeargle does not pose any threat to the enemy, other than maybe stalling out pokemon if you have like Toxic Spikes or something down.

Edit: Ignore this, I didn't realize Transform took the moves as well as the typing. Sandstorm DOES ruin you, however, because it kills Shedinja(hits through Sash). There is also the problem that your "Bulky" lead poke has to be faster than BOTH of the opposing pokemon.
Actually, sandstorm takes effect BEFORE a pokemon is sent in, and since he is sending in shedinja after togekiss dies, it won't be affected. Shed only needs to be alive long enough for smeargle to use transform, so theoretically his plan will work. Also, Follow Me has a priority of +3, meaning that it will go before any attacking move (the only moves that have higher priority are support).

That being said, his plan is a little gimmicky and it is completely walled by a few pokemon (heatran, ho-oh, etc.)

Does anyone think Sableye would make a good Explosion partner? With access to Fake Out and Feint, as well as immunity to explosion, Sableye can either prevent one Pokemon from moving or ensure Explosion's success with Feint. Ofcourse, it probably wouldn't have any use outside of this due to really crappy stats, but it's just something I was thinking about.

Actually, sandstorm takes effect BEFORE a pokemon is sent in, and since he is sending in shedinja after togekiss dies, it won't be affected. Shed only needs to be alive long enough for smeargle to use transform, so theoretically his plan will work. Also, Follow Me has a priority of +3, meaning that it will go before any attacking move (the only moves that have higher priority are support).

That being said, his plan is a little gimmicky and it is completely walled by a few pokemon (heatran, ho-oh, etc.)

Like i said make the fourth pokemon something like swampert.That way you can use Surf or earthquake while shedinja protects(to prevent being hit by the opponent) and hopefully get the OHKO.

And i should point out that nothing is perfect.All strategies will have some counter strategies. All im saying is that mine should work in the majority of battles.Other than the loop around fire pokemon like heatran it works good.

Edit:Also remember you are free to use explosion surf earthquake or whatever you please without touching shedinja.

Like i said make the fourth pokemon something like swampert.That way you can use Surf or earthquake while shedinja protects(to prevent being hit by the opponent) and hopefully get the OHKO.

And i should point out that nothing is perfect.All strategies will have some counter strategies. All im saying is that mine should work in the majority of battles.Other than the loop around fire pokemon like heatran it works good.

Edit:Also remember you are free to use explosion surf earthquake or whatever you please without touching shedinja.
Also FYI, choice scarf kyogre loves your team, as there is diddly shit you can do about it outspeeding you and OHKOing smeargle. Scarf smeargle using dark void also causes you trouble, but there are ways to get around that...

Also, if for some odd reason one of the opponents uses Follow Me on the turn you try to transform, your strategy blows up.

Also FYI, choice scarf kyogre loves your team, as there is diddly shit you can do about it outspeeding you and OHKOing smeargle. Scarf smeargle using dark void also causes you trouble, but there are ways to get around that...

Also, if for some odd reason one of the opponents uses Follow Me on the turn you try to transform, your strategy blows up.

How doe Kyogre OHKO smeargle? Didnt you see that togekiss uses follow me first? It might OHKO the togekiss but not the smeargle.
And being honest im not very familiar with the double battle metagame. Are Ubers allowed? and yes any supereffective move causes me trouble.The fourth pokemon could be adapted to counter a majority of these.And how do you get around dark void?

How does Kyogre OHKO smeargle? Didnt you see that togekiss uses follow me first? It might OHKO the togekiss but not the smeargle.
And being honest im not very familiar with the double battle metagame. Are Ubers allowed? and yes any supereffective move causes me trouble.The fourth pokemon could be adapted to counter a majority of these.And how do you get around dark void?
The foe's KYOGRE used Water Spout!
(~70% damage to Togekiss, 100% damage to Smeargle)

SMEARGLE fainted!

As for the Double Battle Metagame, it really depends on the rules TPCi (The Pokemon Company, International) sets every year. So while 2008 and 2009 did not permit the use of ubers (Nintendo's version, not Smogon's version), in 2010 and 2006 they're letting us use ubers. So you really have to pay attention, since the rules change every year.

How does Kyogre OHKO smeargle? Didnt you see that togekiss uses follow me first? It might OHKO the togekiss but not the smeargle.
For dark void, give togekiss lum berry and safeguard and have smeargle protect turn 1 while togekiss throws up the safeguard. That way, even if it is hit by DV, it wakes up immediately and gets the safeguard up. Also, Follow Me does not affect multi-target moves. It only works against single-target moves.

For dark void, give togekiss lum berry and safeguard and have smeargle protect turn 1 while togekiss throws up the safeguard. That way, even if it is hit by DV, it wakes up immediately and gets the safeguard up. Also, Follow Me does not affect multi-target moves. It only works against single-target moves.
That's why they fixed Dark Void on PBR and makes it miss one of your two Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)