scarfed Houndoom is a perfect victini counter
absorb the v create and persuit
but honestly
how much longer will he be here?

scarfed Houndoom is a perfect victini counter
absorb the v create and persuit
but honestly
how much longer will he be here?
Imagine for a moment, that your opponent has seen Houndoom in the team preview, he is not likely to spam V-create is he.
He is more likely to brick break your obvious switch for the OHKO, or U-turn to a counter, which in turn, also heavily damages the frail houndoom.
He is a check at best, not a "perfect counter"

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sun is really fun to play against, but that's basically it. Victini will probably get into OU, and that's people's #1 "complaint" about Drought. Even with Victini, you aren't staying in very long and you have to waste an entire teamslot on Vulpix. Sun is solid but not broken by any means, it's a welcome addition to UU as far as I'm concerned.

Tormenting a choice banded Victini would be the best way to handle it for now. (Too lazy to look up a UU tormenter that your opponent wouldn't expect in team preview).
If it is Life orb'd and in Trick room -_-.... Victini will get raised to OU shortly because of its V-Create move.

Sun is a welcome addition to hail and sandstorm in UU now, and the rare Rain Dance teams. Yay weather wars are in UU now too! =/....

That's a good point, I just ran a bunch of calcs and realized that +2 is overkill on pretty much everything. The only thing that needs to be at +2 to OHKO is Cresselia, and since I can't even OHKO Chansey at +6 with a Life Orb, Growth seems to be a good choice to keep Chansey away. Thanks!
im pretty sure that growth is a +2 ro both atk and spatk in sun, but i could be mistaken

Has anyone tried Slowking has a possible counter to Victini? On paper it could technically work being resistant to both stabs and oddly learning Flamethrower to be able to be used in the sun as well as Shadow Ball, Earthquake, etc. I understand most likely V-Create will still sting him in the sun though...just a thought.

GET THE MOTHER FUCKER OUT OF UU.

right now, the uu tier is my baby. however, with these monsters roaming around, shit gets ridiculous.

a team can have any combination of vulpix, victini (these two are present on every sun team ever), sawsbuck, victreebell, exeggutor, wobbuffet, cresselia, vileplume, charizard, tangrowth, shiftry, or lilligant. the only drought abuser that's ou is fucking venusaur. pretty much all of the rest of these are mini venusaur, most knowing ridiculous set up moves (growth, swords dance, butterfly dance) on almost the lot. the only ones that really don't are victini and cresselia, but are you really scared of them for those reasons? cress won't die with morning sun and victini is..victini.

SUN NEEDS TO GO. hail can't keep up due to typing, rain dance is limited, and sandstream is practically useless (the best abusers being gligar and regirock, i think.)

the only way i can play the tier is if i have a rain dance/dragon dance/waterfall/outrage kingdra with lum berry on every single team i make. chansey gets easily 2hko'd by v-create, and all of the other physical walls (registeel?) have type advantages and are ohko'd.

the new meta can't keep up with sun. get fucking rid of it.

GET THE MOTHER FUCKER OUT OF UU.

right now, the uu tier is my baby. however, with these monsters roaming around, shit gets ridiculous.

a team can have any combination of vulpix, victini (these two are present on every sun team ever), sawsbuck, victreebell, exeggutor, wobbuffet, cresselia, vileplume, charizard, tangrowth, shiftry, or lilligant. the only drought abuser that's ou is fucking venusaur. pretty much all of the rest of these are mini venusaur, most knowing ridiculous set up moves (growth, swords dance, butterfly dance) on almost the lot. the only ones that really don't are victini and cresselia, but are you really scared of them for those reasons? cress won't die with morning sun and victini is..victini.

SUN NEEDS TO GO. hail can't keep up due to typing, rain dance is limited, and sandstream is practically useless (the best abusers being gligar and regirock, i think.)

the only way i can play the tier is if i have a rain dance/dragon dance/waterfall/outrage kingdra with lum berry on every single team i make. chansey gets easily 2hko'd by v-create, and all of the other physical walls (registeel?) have type advantages and are ohko'd.

the new meta can't keep up with sun. get fucking rid of it.
You forgot Cradily. And Shuckle. And Rhydon, Rhyperior, Gigalith, Crustle, Sand Force Dugtrio (Lol), and all the Sand Veil pokemon besides Garchomp.

Oddly enough most of those will counter Victini. Evoite Rhydon 252/4/252 Impish fails to be 2HKO'd by Choice Band Adamant V-Create in the sun. Adamant Dugtrio outspeeds scarf Victini and OHKO's.

Regirock, Slowbro, Rhydon, Suicune and others can all defend against Victini rather well.

BL and Ubers are technically not official tiers I believe, they're just banlists for the official tiers below them.
lol, no wonder this guy got banned.

Has anyone tried Slowking has a possible counter to Victini? On paper it could technically work being resistant to both stabs and oddly learning Flamethrower to be able to be used in the sun as well as Shadow Ball, Earthquake, etc. I understand most likely V-Create will still sting him in the sun though...just a thought.
Why would you possibly use Slowking over Slowbro as a Victini counter?

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Drought is getting banned already, with the top 10 being sun teams (or so I've heard).

You forgot Cradily. And Shuckle. And Rhydon, Rhyperior, Gigalith, Crustle, Sand Force Dugtrio (Lol), and all the Sand Veil pokemon besides Garchomp.

Oddly enough most of those will counter Victini. Evoite Rhydon 252/4/252 Impish fails to be 2HKO'd by Choice Band Adamant V-Create in the sun. Adamant Dugtrio outspeeds scarf Victini and OHKO's.

Regirock, Slowbro, Rhydon, Suicune and others can all defend against Victini rather well.
One) Eviolite Rhydon is raped by all of the grass users in UU sun. Sawsbuck, Exeggutor, Shiftry, Lilligant..?

Two) Adamant Dugtrio outspeeding scarf Victini..? Bullshit..?

Three) Sun teams don't only have victini. All of your supposed answers to Victini are raped by pretty much everything else on a sun team. Pokemon isn't about one pokemon.

Four) I apologize for missing some pokemon that still get destroyed in the sun.

One) Eviolite Rhydon is raped by all of the grass users in UU sun. Sawsbuck, Exeggutor, Shiftry, Lilligant..?

Two) Adamant Dugtrio outspeeding scarf Victini..? Bullshit..?

Three) Sun teams don't only have victini. All of your supposed answers to Victini are raped by pretty much everything else on a sun team. Pokemon isn't about one pokemon.

Four) I apologize for missing some pokemon that still get destroyed in the sun.
1) You complained about Victini. I gave you some pokemon that check/counter it. Never said anything about it walling a Sun team did I?

2) Sorry I found a mistake in my calculations. Adamant Dugtrio doesn't outspeed jolly Scarf Victini. Scarf'd Dugtrio does.

3) Again you were complaining about victini, if you want a Team that can destroy sun I would be up for the challenge, but all I posted was for Victini/what can abuse Sand.

4) If you have so many issues with Sun carry a Dugtrio (Or pursuit). Trap Vulpix and kill it, trap other fires and kill them, then change the weather. Sand annihilates Sun in UU, though less people use it probably cause it is more stall related, and hail fares well enough against it.

Honestly the biggest issue on Sun teams right now is Victini's sheer power in destroying things. Once Victini is gone Sun will be much easier to handle. Especially with such a frail weather starter.

Has anyone tried out Drought/Sunny Day Post Drought/Vulpix ban?

I've been using Sunnyday Charizard, he still hit's pretty hard.

[SET]
name: SunnyZard
move 1: Sunny Day
move 2: Overheat
move 3: Solarbeam
move 4: Air Slash / Flamethrower
item: Heat rock
Ability: Solar Power
nature: Timid / Modest
evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP

This set generally works best in the lead before the opposing team sets up rocks or you can just carry a spinner.

After You set up Sunny day, your SpA is raised by +1 and all your fire attacks are rasied by +2, like a pseudo nastyplot.

Charizard's Overheat Hit Ridiculously Hard, Only Chansey and Pokemon with 4x Ressit (eg Kingdra) aren't 2hko by it. Solar beam is there for coverage, Air slash is for secondary stab, Although I personally prefer flamethrower as it allows me to 2hko combined with overheat afterwards because fire moves are boosted more due to weather.

although if you drop air slash for flamethrower in your last slot, you can get walled by fire types, pokemon with flash fire (generally fire types) and dragons (although the most commonly used dragons are flygon and kingdra, both hit neutrally by +1 solarbeam)

Well the point of this charizard is to set up the sun, hit hard with overheat if the opportunity is there and switch out to a Chlorophyll Sweeper.

Know any other pokemon that can reliable set up Sunny day in the tier? I've already read the Generation 4 article about Sunny Day offense so any new crative ones would be nice.

Xatu
seems pretty reliable as it can switch into Chansey and set up the sun then u-turn out of there.

Victini could probably do it too, set up the sun and u-turn out or just hit something with V-create, although CB victini hits just as hard just without the 8 turns of Sun. Although Victini probably prefers someone else to set up the Sun so it can hit even harder with a Choice band, as it's generally relatively fast ast base 100 speed.

Nidoking in theory sounds like a good pokemon to set up the sun, although it loses 30% power by carrying heat rock instead of life orb, but in return it gets a boosted flamethrower/fireblast and it can survive water type attacks because of the sun.

Rotom-H can also set up the sun and take advantage of a boosted overheat ad easily switch out with volt switch.

Sun got really nerfed with Drought's ban.

Speaking of that someone change the title as its misleading since Drought is banned.

lol yeah, i was thinking about creating a separate thread for Sun teams that don't use drought but in the end I figure it'd be merged with this thread or be closed lol.

Yeah, but the thing is, Hippopotas and Abomasnow still run rampage through the tier, and Abomasnow has been nominated for suspect testing before, so you can see how strong it is.

Plus, there are still options like good ol' DP where you can just run a Damp Rock RD team instead. I find manual sun to be rather sucky without Vulpix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)