1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Programming EonTimer / ZomgTimer

Discussion in 'Technical Projects' started by Toast++, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Toast++

Toast++ Corrupt Admin
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

In trying to figure out what you're talking about, I found a bug with updates displaying. I'll fix that soon.

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about about. The updating works right though the calculation changed slightly. I don't have a copy of 1.6b1 but I compared it to 1.5 and they work the same.
  2. The Judge

The Judge

Hi... I'm new here, and I don't know how to use the EL Calibration in 1.6. I'm hitting the right target second, just missing the delay, but whenever I update to recalibrate it the EL Calibration goes way off and I'm getting incorrect time values as well... Some help please Toast++?
  3. Toast++

Toast++ Corrupt Admin
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

I may have had a sort-of bug in there somewhere.. can't quite remember. Before pressing update, put in the second you got as well, even if it was right.
  4. The Judge

The Judge

The problem here though, I'm hitting a too-high delay with the correct seconds, I enter the correct seconds and my hit delay, but it still screws up and changes the EL calibration instead of 'Calibration', which sends me off by like 2 seconds before target. Do you still have a link to an older version lying around somewhere?
  5. SantaBoshi

SantaBoshi

Newbie here. First and foremost, thank you for the software. I do have a question, however. I have found numerous threads on calibrating EonTimer for generation IV but can't find much for how to properly calibrate it on gen 5. I followed Smogon's guide to calibrating my parameters for RNG Reporter just fine. I consistently got 12BB for my timer0 with an 8 second delay on my 3DS for 6 tests. However, when I moved on to move the time finder I cannot hit the seed using EonTimer. The seed is on 01/06/14 at 15:06:36. In EonTimer, I've tried syncing 15:06 with a 28 second target time and 15:05 with a 88 second target time (hard reset). I'm using standard mode, with a -95 calibration (default) and a blank target second. I did change the console setting to 3DS though. No luck.

I cannot find any guides on how to properly set the calibration or target seconds. Everything I've seen says, "Just use the default settings." What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I also wanted to reiterate that I have calibrated my DS parameters for the second time now for the same result.
  6. Toast++

Toast++ Corrupt Admin
    The Smog Lead

SantaBoshi
    I think I may have forgotten to do something when I was adding the DS model settings. Try changing your calibration to -500.
    SantaBoshi likes this.
  7. Razgriz644

Razgriz644

There seems to be a problem when downloading EonTimer. I keep getting error 509 and the dropbox has been disabled. Is there a way around this?
  8. Toast++

Toast++ Corrupt Admin
    The Smog Lead

Unfortunately I don't have any other hosting set up at the moment. Not sure whats up with my dropbox since it should be receiving less traffic now than it has in a long time. I was hoping it would resolve itself soon.
  9. PaperJax

PaperJax

Is there any way you can upload it somewhere else for us to download?
    If not I guess I'll be waiting for dropbox to sort itself out
  10. Toast++

Toast++ Corrupt Admin
    The Smog Lead

I'll see what I can do. Quite honestly, I was hoping this would just be a short term thing and it'd be back to normal soon. I'll tag you guys when I find an alternative.
  11. PaperJax

PaperJax

Thank you that sounds great :)
    If it ends up being too difficult just let us know too :)
  12. Toast++

Toast++ Corrupt Admin
    The Smog Lead

13. Razgriz644

Razgriz644

14. Flossy11

Flossy11

I'm suffering from the weird bug where not everything is displayed, and I've redownloaded the program multiple times, but that still hasn't fixed anything.
    I'm on 64-bit windows 7 with 1920x1080 screen resolution, if any of that matters
  15. Toast++

Toast++ Corrupt Admin
    The Smog Lead

I thought I had that fixed :(
    I think you're referring to something caused by the screen text size being increased. I think a screenshot would help me figure out if that's it.
  16. Flossy11

Flossy11

It looks exactly the same as in the pictures posted on page 5 by Chucky1188
  17. Toast++

Toast++ Corrupt Admin
    The Smog Lead

In that case, yeah. It's the text size issue. If the fix I already worked in didn't work for you.. well.. I'm really not sure what else I can do. If you want to adjust your text size, check here.
  18. zenzen

zenzen

hey i have trouble opening the eon timer file pls help pls

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)