Inactive EonTimer / ZomgTimer

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
In trying to figure out what you're talking about, I found a bug with updates displaying. I'll fix that soon.

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about about. The updating works right though the calculation changed slightly. I don't have a copy of 1.6b1 but I compared it to 1.5 and they work the same.

Hi... I'm new here, and I don't know how to use the EL Calibration in 1.6. I'm hitting the right target second, just missing the delay, but whenever I update to recalibrate it the EL Calibration goes way off and I'm getting incorrect time values as well... Some help please Toast++?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi... I'm new here, and I don't know how to use the EL Calibration in 1.6. I'm hitting the right target second, just missing the delay, but whenever I update to recalibrate it the EL Calibration goes way off and I'm getting incorrect time values as well... Some help please Toast++?
I may have had a sort-of bug in there somewhere.. can't quite remember. Before pressing update, put in the second you got as well, even if it was right.

I may have had a sort-of bug in there somewhere.. can't quite remember. Before pressing update, put in the second you got as well, even if it was right.
The problem here though, I'm hitting a too-high delay with the correct seconds, I enter the correct seconds and my hit delay, but it still screws up and changes the EL calibration instead of 'Calibration', which sends me off by like 2 seconds before target. Do you still have a link to an older version lying around somewhere?

Newbie here. First and foremost, thank you for the software. I do have a question, however. I have found numerous threads on calibrating EonTimer for generation IV but can't find much for how to properly calibrate it on gen 5. I followed Smogon's guide to calibrating my parameters for RNG Reporter just fine. I consistently got 12BB for my timer0 with an 8 second delay on my 3DS for 6 tests. However, when I moved on to move the time finder I cannot hit the seed using EonTimer. The seed is on 01/06/14 at 15:06:36. In EonTimer, I've tried syncing 15:06 with a 28 second target time and 15:05 with a 88 second target time (hard reset). I'm using standard mode, with a -95 calibration (default) and a blank target second. I did change the console setting to 3DS though. No luck.

I cannot find any guides on how to properly set the calibration or target seconds. Everything I've seen says, "Just use the default settings." What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I also wanted to reiterate that I have calibrated my DS parameters for the second time now for the same result.

There seems to be a problem when downloading EonTimer. I keep getting error 509 and the dropbox has been disabled. Is there a way around this?

Toast++

There seems to be a problem when downloading EonTimer. I keep getting error 509 and the dropbox has been disabled. Is there a way around this?
Unfortunately I don't have any other hosting set up at the moment. Not sure whats up with my dropbox since it should be receiving less traffic now than it has in a long time. I was hoping it would resolve itself soon.

Unfortunately I don't have any other hosting set up at the moment. Not sure whats up with my dropbox since it should be receiving less traffic now than it has in a long time. I was hoping it would resolve itself soon.
Is there any way you can upload it somewhere else for us to download?
If not I guess I'll be waiting for dropbox to sort itself out

Toast++

Is there any way you can upload it somewhere else for us to download?
If not I guess I'll be waiting for dropbox to sort itself out
I'll see what I can do. Quite honestly, I was hoping this would just be a short term thing and it'd be back to normal soon. I'll tag you guys when I find an alternative.

I'll see what I can do. Quite honestly, I was hoping this would just be a short term thing and it'd be back to normal soon. I'll tag you guys when I find an alternative.
Thank you that sounds great :)
If it ends up being too difficult just let us know too :)

I'm suffering from the weird bug where not everything is displayed, and I've redownloaded the program multiple times, but that still hasn't fixed anything.
I'm on 64-bit windows 7 with 1920x1080 screen resolution, if any of that matters

Toast++

I'm suffering from the weird bug where not everything is displayed, and I've redownloaded the program multiple times, but that still hasn't fixed anything.
I'm on 64-bit windows 7 with 1920x1080 screen resolution, if any of that matters
I thought I had that fixed :(
I think you're referring to something caused by the screen text size being increased. I think a screenshot would help me figure out if that's it.

I thought I had that fixed :(
I think you're referring to something caused by the screen text size being increased. I think a screenshot would help me figure out if that's it.
It looks exactly the same as in the pictures posted on page 5 by Chucky1188

Toast++

In that case, yeah. It's the text size issue. If the fix I already worked in didn't work for you.. well.. I'm really not sure what else I can do. If you want to adjust your text size, check here.

Apologizing in advance if this thread is supposed to stay dead, but I've been having trouble with eontimer lately. Whenever I check calls after I hit my seed, I seem to be consistently hitting -/+ 1 seconds, usually two. Occasionally I do hit my actual time, but not often. Time is set correctly and I'm hitting a as close as possible to 00:00, so I don't feel like I should be that off timewise. My best guess for the issues is that I'm using a Windows 8.1 laptop, but it could be anything. Either way, love eontimer, it's fantastic.

Toast++

Apologizing in advance if this thread is supposed to stay dead, but I've been having trouble with eontimer lately. Whenever I check calls after I hit my seed, I seem to be consistently hitting -/+ 1 seconds, usually two. Occasionally I do hit my actual time, but not often. Time is set correctly and I'm hitting a as close as possible to 00:00, so I don't feel like I should be that off timewise. My best guess for the issues is that I'm using a Windows 8.1 laptop, but it could be anything. Either way, love eontimer, it's fantastic.
Nope, it's just a quiet thread since RNG isn't as big anymore. Using 8.1 shouldn't cause any technical issues. Off the top of my head, I'd tell you to make sure you have the settings set to the correct DS type.

It's been a really long time since I did anything with RNG so for any real help I'll send you to the RNG help thread.

Nope, it's just a quiet thread since RNG isn't as big anymore. Using 8.1 shouldn't cause any technical issues. Off the top of my head, I'd tell you to make sure you have the settings set to the correct DS type.

It's been a really long time since I did anything with RNG so for any real help I'll send you to the RNG help thread.
Ah, alrighty then. My eontimer's currently set to defaults and dsi and I set its priority to high in task manager, as that seemed to help previously. I'm more asking about timer seemingly being off.

Toast++

Ah, alrighty then. My eontimer's currently set to defaults and dsi and I set its priority to high in task manager, as that seemed to help previously. I'm more asking about timer seemingly being off.
Yeah, the reason I mentioned the DS version was because startup times are a few seconds different and it takes that into account. At least for gen 5.

Yeah, the reason I mentioned the DS version was because startup times are a few seconds different and it takes that into account. At least for gen 5.
Doing gen 4, which I think doesn't matter too much as long as the second hit isn't too quick. I think what I'm looking for is tightening up the precision, if that's possible. If not I guess I'll just have to be persistent.

Toast++

Doing gen 4, which I think doesn't matter too much as long as the second hit isn't too quick. I think what I'm looking for is tightening up the precision, if that's possible. If not I guess I'll just have to be persistent.
Oh! Sorry, most people are doing gen 5 anymore. Double check that you are hitting the right minute. The most common problem was usually that people forgot to go back a minute when they were supposed to.

Literally everything about my attempts to try Gen 3 RNG abuse is making me hate my new Mac. I have only used Windows before, but my new school has EVERYONE using Mac, so I decided I'd use a Mac for the sake of learning how it works. Now, I feel so sad. RNG Reporter doesn't work on Mac, and PPRNG, a pseudo-reporter for Mac, doesn't have Gen 3 support. Between RNG Reporter and Eon Timer, I'm feeling like I need to get a Windows soon. Well, great things you made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)