Inactive EonTimer / ZomgTimer

I don't use RNG techniques, but I have to appreciate the amount of work that goes into figuring this stuff out. Maybe because I want to get to and defeat Anabel before my emerald cart dies (judging from the death of my Ruby's internal timer, the clock is ticking). However, I know enough about the random generator that if I'm confused I don't select an attack right away because I tend to hit a self-hurting seed.

Luvdisc number 50 sent.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi, I've some problems with hitting right second when doing IV gen abuse on retail cart. In v1.5 in order to hit second 15 I use 14 as calibrated second and target second is 16. In v1.6 I hit randomly 14, 15 or 16 no matter what combination I use. :I I'm using default settings.

This notebook has 16bit Win8 which might be the reason for these results (or maybe my timing is just off). I'd love to know if there's something I can do to hit more accurate.

Thanks from your awesome timer btw. I've been using it since it was made. :)
The win 8 thing should be irrelevant though I haven't tested it myself. Referring to the seeding formula, I notice that the minute and second carry the same weight. So, +1 minute = -1 second and so on. Any chance you're just forgetting to set your minute correctly?

I don't understand that Precision Mode, what do I fill there? Thanks for your work and Luvdisc'd :)
Thanks for the disc.

If you don't understand, there's no real need to get caught up in it but the idea is that I broke the calibration into smaller chunks in order to offer a little more consistency. The actual units used are different so things will need to be converted. That can be done here. It really only applies to gen 5, fyi.

Again though, it's just an option, it's not required by any means.

Luvdisc number 50 sent.

The win 8 thing should be irrelevant though I haven't tested it myself. Referring to the seeding formula, I notice that the minute and second carry the same weight. So, +1 minute = -1 second and so on. Any chance you're just forgetting to set your minute correctly?
Hmm very possible that I've been using wrong minute/hour few times because I tend to lose my focus when I reset many times in a row.

My target was at 20:32:15 (Seed BB141C21) with delay of 7189. I did set my DS's clock to 20:29 (minutes before target 3) and start it at the same time with EonTimer. I did manage to hit my seed after few attempts with settings I had. (calibrated second 14, target second 16, calibrated delay 475) o.O I don't understand why but it works.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hmm very possible that I've been using wrong minute/hour few times because I tend to lose my focus when I reset many times in a row.

My target was at 20:32:15 (Seed BB141C21) with delay of 7189. I did set my DS's clock to 20:29 (minutes before target 3) and start it at the same time with EonTimer. I did manage to hit my seed after few attempts with settings I had. (calibrated second 14, target second 16, calibrated delay 475) o.O I don't understand why but it works.
No worries, I've done that quite a few times. Just glad it worked out.

I cannot get eontimer to work on my computer. I've downloaded it three times, and it only shows about half of the screen when I open it.

Toast++

I cannot get eontimer to work on my computer. I've downloaded it three times, and it only shows about half of the screen when I open it.
Sorry to hear that. I need more info, though. Can you post a screenshot and tell me more about your computer?

I'm trying to rng abuse in sapphire, maybe this is a dumb question, but how do I use Eon-Timer for rng abuse in sapphire?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
It would be the exact same way as in Emerald. The only differences come from RNG reporter due to the different seeding process.

Actually I'm slightly wrong. R/S games seed the RNG on the 6th frame after SRing. But unless you regularly do both R/S and Emerald RNG abuse it doesn't really matter.

Basically you SR when the first timer runs out (personally I just set the first timer to 0 and SR and start the timer at the same time). For the frames you enter the target frame you want (example if you want the spread from frame 100000 you enter 100000 into there). Leave the lag spot blank for now, check GBA box if you're using a GBA/SP. Do whatever action is necessary to attempt to encounter the target at frame 100000, check the frame you actually hit, enter that in the bottom input area, hit update (this changes the lag area), then repeat.

Next time you'll probably get a better response if you ask here.

Toast++

Over the past year or so I've had some people ask me why I haven't open-sourced this project. Well, it's partly because it wasn't up to grade yet and partially because I'm a bit of a control freak. Anyway, I've decided to go ahead and do that now.

I do have every intention of further developing this application, I'm just doing this to satisfy some curiosity and try to break some bad habits. Anyway, if you're interested, here is the link.

I have a slight problem. Everytime I try downloading Eontimer nothing happens. I press download and just wait for nothing.

Toast++

For anyone else that has an issue downloading:
This is likely caused by JavaScript being blocked or disabled. If you run into this, PM me and we'll get it taken care of.

Greetings,

I recently picked up soul silver and was going to try my hand at RNGing so I downloaded EonTimer. Unfortunately I seem to be having the same problem as AyameHikaru had on August 1st in this thread. However I unlike him will actually provide data and you might be able to help me.

Screenshot 1: http://imgur.com/iDLwh,s7jjw#0 Eon timer open after a recent restart this is as large as the window ever opens.

Screenshot 2: http://imgur.com/iDLwh,s7jjw#1 What happens after hitting the button that on a normal application would toggle between full screen and a small resizeable window.

As you can see the app is largely unuseable because I can only see half of the darn thing at any given time.

I'm using windows 7 ultimate edition 64bit. 1920x1080 screen resolution. AMD 6950 with up to date drivers (though I highly doubt that matters)

What I've tried to resize the window: Dragging from every side corner and what have, you clicking all 4 buttons across the top of the program (No clue what the far left button is supposed to do all other work as Id expect), running the program as an administrator, running the program in every compatibility mode known to windows, changing my screen resolution, deleting the program and its user settings in appdata and reinstalling, restarting after the previous, trying to find an older version to dl (easier said than done you keep a tight rein on the availability of your program kudos), praying to the flying spaghetti monster and a 3rd party windows hack that allegedly lets you resize ANY window.

None have worked.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Toast++

On my phone at the moment so I can't give anything too detailed. Please refer to the FAQ on the first post. I've had this issue a few times and it comes down to larger text messing things up.

Toast++

To anyone who was having issues with the messed up layout:
I believe I've fixed the issue (finally). This was a harder bug to find a fix for and I apologize for taking so long with it. If you're still having problems, let me know and we can see about getting that resolved.

I should note that I did not push an alert about this update due to the relatively small audience with the issue.

Love EonTimer (Luvdisc'd :D)! A few questions about the settings:

Is "Action Interval" measured in milliseconds?

What is the purpose of the "Console" drop-down menu on the "Timer" tab of EonTimer's "Settings" window have? What changes when you select what type of DS (or GBA) you're using?

What is the "Refresh Interval?" When I hover over it, I see the first several words of a description, but not enough of it to explain it.

Also, why when I click "Update" (with nothing in the "Calibration" or "Second Hit" fields) does "-95" appear in the "Calibration" field?

Thanks!

Toast++

Love EonTimer (Luvdisc'd :D)! A few questions about the settings:

Is "Action Interval" measured in milliseconds?
Thanks!
It is, indeed, measured in milliseconds.

What is the purpose of the "Console" drop-down menu on the "Timer" tab of EonTimer's "Settings" window have? What changes when you select what type of DS (or GBA) you're using?
There is a slight difference in how long a frame is between GBA and NDS. I included all types so that no one would get confused by their console not being there. In truth, NDS = DSI = 3DS.

What is the "Refresh Interval?" When I hover over it, I see the first several words of a description, but not enough of it to explain it.
Hmm.. guess it does show only the first couple of words. It is basically a performance tuner. It controls how often (in millis) that the timer checks remaining time.

Theoretically, a lower value should make it more accurate but it uses quite a bit more power and possibly reduce performance. In practice, the default setting is low enough that you won't really get much of a boost. Raising that value will reduce accuracy but increase performance. Disclaimer: you may notice no difference.

Also, why when I click "Update" (with nothing in the "Calibration" or "Second Hit" fields) does "-95" appear in the "Calibration" field?

Thanks!
It uses a value stored behind-the-scenes as your current calibration value, -95 in your case. When you press update, it reads sees the empty boxes and skips any kind of update but re-syncs the textboxes with the value that it has stored. Hope that makes sense...

Thanks for your reply!

"Action Interval" and "Action Count" are just settings that come down to personal preference and whatever I find easiest to follow along with, right? Is it recommended that I just leave the "Refresh Interval" setting on the default? Also, is it recommended that I leave the "Precision Calibration Mode" checkbox unchecked?

So the "Console" setting is only relevant when doing 3rd gen RNG abuse (despite the inability to play 3rd gen games on a DSi/3DS), correct?

I'm trying to set up a timer for 5th gen standard seed RNG abuse, and I'm noticing that even with "0" in the "Calibration" field, the length of the timer is not exactly equal to the number in the "Target Seconds" field. For example, when I have "0" in the "Calibration" field and "15" in the "Target Seconds" field, the timer is 15:20 (I do have "Standard" selected under the "Mode" drop-down menu). Could you please explain this to me?

Toast++

Thanks for your reply!
"Action Interval" and "Action Count" are just settings that come down to personal preference and whatever I find easiest to follow along with, right? Is it recommended that I just leave the "Refresh Interval" setting on the default? Also, is it recommended that I leave the "Precision Calibration Mode" checkbox unchecked?
Yes to all of these.
There is an explanation of the precision mode on the download site if you're curious about it. I would not, however, recommend it to anyone who isn't comfortable with how RNG works, purely because it's different from the standard.

So the "Console" setting is only relevant when doing 3rd gen RNG abuse (despite the inability to play 3rd gen games on a DSi/3DS), correct?
Currently, yes. I suspected there may be a small difference for the others as well but have yet to find any evidence of that.

I'm trying to set up a timer for 5th gen standard seed RNG abuse, and I'm noticing that even with "0" in the "Calibration" field, the length of the timer is not exactly equal to the number in the "Target Seconds" field. For example, when I have "0" in the "Calibration" field and "15" in the "Target Seconds" field, the timer is 15:20 (I do have "Standard" selected under the "Mode" drop-down menu). Could you please explain this to me?
This is because of your actual target. You want to hit the 15th second. To do that, you need somewhere between 15:00 and 15:99. I used to make the target 15:50 but I noticed that people occasionally overshot but rarely went under, so I lowered to make both relatively rare.

Toast++

It wouldn't really be impossible, but it helps.
religiousjedi is just a charmander-hating nob who can't use it because he's on the OS that we dare not speak it's name.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Updating the delay in the 4th gen tab changes the Calibrated Delay by a much larger value compared to older versions - this makes it pretty much impossible to use. I've been using an older version (1.6 beta 1?) successfully for this.

EonTimer v1.6 x64

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)