Fable

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm saying that it's a REALLY shaky counter, as you easily die factoring in Stealth Rocks.
Then you have absolutely nothing to stop it from switching in-out and wreaking havoc like a beast it is.

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
IRONBULLET93

after an entire (:O) day of reading i have finally finished reading this rmt. (yea i lied when i said i had read the whole thing)

ANYWAY as awesome as this team looks (legit wanna try out some of that shit now) i really think that with a bit of a fix this team could be a lot better. . .
namely im talking about sadly replacing gyarados who, while awesome, might be better if replaced. the team. what i was considering was PERHAPS using a pokemon known as SKARMORY over it, particularly a spD skarmory. This is mostly due to a somewhat noticeable weakness to landorus, tornados, virizion, terrakion, haxorus and other queerish pokemon that gyarados cannot handle due to both a lack of recovery and a stealth rock weakness. im aware that this does kinda make you weaker to volcarona but i think this is not that large an issue considering what you said about tyranitar plus having excadrill revenging it (not to mention sturdy should win vs it if no entry hazards). BTW spD skarm can pretty much outstall most trick room rank which should help you out a bit. spike support sounds very cool considering how this team works too. AKA FUK STALL

anyway this is just a random suggestion that seems nice on paper so maybe try it out if it doesnt fuck up the synergy much or anything. cool team man and <3 for the mention :)

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@Agammemnon: I never said I used Gyarados to counter CB Haxorus, I'll tell you how I deal with it. Now first off, CB Haxorus cannot switch into anything barring Tyranitar locked into Pursuit. Once its in, the first thing I do is switch to Gyarados to cut its attack. If it uses anything other than Outrage, Gyarados beats it. If it uses Outrage, I then go to Excadrill. It will be worn down enough by SR and sand to be OHKOed by Earthquake. If it unfortunately gets a 2 turn Outrage, then I will have to sac something. It can't sweep per say, but it does cause trouble.

@Folg: liar <3 ok so I tested specially defensive skarm on the ladder today, and it worked decently. havent run into any Volcarona yet, but it just checks those physical threats so much better and the extra hazards are very welcome. I miss the Water resist and Thunder Wave a lot though, so I'm in two minds on this one. Thanks for the rate bro :)

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
dont listen to folgorio hes making your team weaker.....

Agreed skarmory is nice but he works better on a full sandstorm team or something set differently than yours plus adding skarm is just asking for volcarona and other fire type trouble even with skarmory hazing. I really like the team but my suggestion is not to lose gyarados. I feel is twave is so much more useful.

Folgorio is noob, don't listen! great team ib, I'm not familiar enough with BW to give you a proper rate but just wanted to give you a congrats, team looks solid

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Hi IronBullet93

Very original Team there and pretty nice, this team seems very solid. But I think you're Rain weak because Celebi doesn't have Recover and is 2HKO by Hpump from SpecsPolitoed, same for Hydreidgon. Rotom can be painfull too if Celebi is trapped ( volt switch + tyranitar), so I suggest you to run Recover on Celebi and to play the Specially Defensive Celebi with Thunder Wave / Giga Drain / Hp Fire / Recover. Then I don't like ScarfTyranitar, I think you should run the MixTar with Stealth Rock / Crunch / Pursuit / Fire Blast with the Standard Spread 252Hp 180 Satk 76 Sdef.
Gg with this Team !

Threatlist Taken from PK's RMT :)

Gliscor: Facade versions can be a nuisance, but Gyarados is as solid a counter as you can get. Hydreigon comes pretty close to OHKOing, Conkeldurr lures it out and severely weakens it.
-----> Gliscor @ Toxic + Protect = ouch !

Haxorus: DD versions are handily defeated by Gyarados. CB versions are tougher since they 2HKO Gyara, so I go to Gyara and then Excadrill. Can be annoying.

-----> and SD version ;o ?

Hydreigon: Expert Belt versions can be troubling ;) Gyarados can switch into most of its moves, survive a DM and paralyze it to render it useless. Conkeldurr cant switch in but survives DM. Tyranitar can switch into DM and revenge kill.
------> Specs = ouc ouch aie.
Gyarados can switch on him ? Lol, generally 2HKO by Draco météor of the life orber who destroys your team too (Pursuit or Crunch of Tyra, Celebi, Exadrill). Too much work for Gyarados, no way to become healthy again...

Infernape: Gyarados is the best nape counter. Excadrill revenge kills, but it usually switches in on Celebi only to be koed by Psychic.

------> Have you ever met Infernape with Mach Punch, Fire Blast and Gass Knot (or even Vacuum Wave) ? Maybe 6/0, Gyarados cannot survive a long time ;).

Landorus: Celebi checks Sub versions, Gyarados easily takes Choice Scarf versions. Excadrill and Tyranitar check SD versions. It can't set up on much and RP, so that's not really a problem.
-----> Damage on Celebi with Stone Edge without life orb: 41.5-49% Good check.
Yes, Gyarados takes choice scarf version with stone edge... Ok for the other moves.
Yes, Tyranitar checks SD version :noel:. Excadrill is good against it, sure. How many with 2 Rock Slide xD ? if it doesn't use stone edge during the switch.
How many Pokemon can you lose during the time you try to find out it's moveset and item ?

Latias: Tyranitar easily defeats all versions.

------> Fortunately, without him, the CM = bye

Latios: I have to sacrifice most of Tyranitars health to defeat it, but it's worth it. If one of my pokes is dispensable, I usually sac them to get Tar in safely.

------> Wifi battle clause -----> Your opponent try to take Tyranitar out ---> then, too late you cannot doing anything :/

Politoed: Scarf versions with HP Electric can be a pain. As long as I manage to paralyze it with Gyara, Tyranitar has a much easier time bringing it down. Celebi and Hydreigon both switch into its Water attacks without much fuss.
------> ScarfToed : Gyara can switch 1 time WITHOUT SR, Politoed comme back, Gyara = bye
The same for Celebi, Heidragon =42.3%-49.7 %
-------> SpecsToad ? 2HKO Gyara 1 time on 2 (if it is full life), same for Celebi, comes in on Cockeldurr or Excradill without one SD in his zizi (but you can't know if it is scarf or specs).

+ Rain Weak

Skarmory: Hydreigon lures it in ----> 1 time again? Pokemon isn't as easy as you think. Conkeldurr does around 50 with a +1 Drain Punch. Celebi 2HKOs with HP Fire after SR, and Gyarados shuts it down. Excadrill spins Spikes away.

Thundurus: Celebi ---> WITHOUT RECOVER !!! survives a +2 HP Ice--->If it is healthy, without nasty plot, he beats esaily 4 of your Pokemon and KOs back with Psychic after SR. Tyranitar can switch into HP Ice and KO back with Stone Edge. Excadrill can switch into Thunderbolt and do the same.

Tyranitar: Lead versions are OHKOed by my own barring the odd Chople. Celebi OHKOs most versions with Leaf Storm---1 time on 2 OHKO (Tyranitar no EV PV/spe.def) after SR, while Hydreigon lures in and KOs with Focus Blast. Conkeldurr sets up.

Virizion: Celebi does about 45 after one CM, then I send in TTar on the HP Ice and KO with Superpower. SD versions are countered by Celebi and Gyarados. Excadrill and Conkeldurr revenge kill weakened ones.

----->Life Orb timid on Celebi after 1 CM----> 68%-80%. I hope your Celebi (without Recover) is healthy to avoid the 6/0. Perhaps Gyarados may paralyse her (the leftover version too) but it's all. Recover on Psychic and it's really 6/0 however.

Volcarona: Gyarados is as solid as a counter you can get. HP Rock versions are troublesome, but Tyranitar can survive a +1 Bug Buzz and KO back. Can be a bit of a bother
---->With LO : 116%-136%, yes Tyranitar could survive lol
89%-105% with leftovers

TOXICROAK SUB ??? Ohoh my nugget, 6/0 I thing[/QUOTE]

If you haven't the opportunity to spinn, it's lightly much complicated %).

For the end :
Wow, this is actually a really nice team.
In all, this is an awesome team and hope you take these suggestions into consideration. gl . ^_^
having seen this team in action on occasion its definitely a great team, you obviously know it like the back of your hand. Don't have anything really to add, this team is complete. definitely worth the long wait since your last rmt. all the best bro and looking forward to whatever you come up with next.
This is really a solid team. Not that many Pokemon are able to take this team by storm, unless a miss-play happens. Nevertheless, it is a great team.
Hey congrats on making such a great team. Anyway, great team and good luck if you decide to continue using it.
Excellent team IB,

Nice team and good luck.
congrats man! thanks for the mention. i have nothing to change in this team. a good team like this only tweaks two or three things to adjust to a counter like most great teams. not much to say! its a good team homie.
And the others... Why ? 2 things: IronBullet93 and "number 1 with a rating of 1524"
"
The good ones

We aren't in August 2010.
---> Well said man

QUOTE=Linkjuhh;3696323]spectios,thundurus ?
Definitely well seen

Dear Linkjuhh,

SpecsTios is handily destroyed by Tyranitar, taking 106% - 125.8% on the Pursuit.
Unsuspecting Thundurus can be destroyed by a Stone Edge or RKd with Excadrill. Moreover, Celebi's Stealth Rock disallows it to make infinite comebacks on the battlefield.
Celebi takes 37.4% - 44.4% from non-LO Thundurus HP Ice, allowing it to fire back some lovely things.

Please don't mention threats without analyzing the team.

INB4 HAUNTER
xD ^^ C'est bien Aga tu m'auras fait rire %)

It isn't a bad team, as not a GOOD one. No offensive pressure (and if you have a little offensive pressure, you lose it with Gyarados for example), and many weaknesses.

Have a nice day, as Agammenon would have said.

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
1) I have nothing to do with this hater.
2) For the Tyranitar damage calc, you forgot to give it the SpDef boost from Sandstorm.
3) You're talking of 'mons switching in and out with +2 boosts all the time. That's not how it works. IB93's team might have some flaws but it's still a great team, and you forgot about something important ; anticipation.

Have a nice day.

2) For the Tyranitar damage calc, you forgot to give it the SpDef boost from Sandstorm. -----> No, I didn't. ((42 X 369 X 90 X 1.5 (STAB) X 1.5 (+1) X 1.3/50/354)+2) X2
3) You're talking of 'mons switching in and out with +2 boosts all the time (-->wrong, he say I switch on x Pokemon). That's not how it works. IB93's team might have some flaws but it's still a great team, and you forgot about something important ; anticipation. ----> With anticipation, many teams can work very well.

Have a nice day.

Ok this is gettin a little ridiculous quit posting like your Agamemnons lackey or something and quit bogging the thread without a real rate and besides the point you make about protect/toxic gliscor is off. That kind of gliscor can't toxic gengar and can't use protect forever until gengar outspeeds it

On the subject of Gliscor, SD versions can't actually wall Conk if they're packing taunt. I've done this several times before, I switch in as he bulks up, taunt him then get an SD or 2 up before 2HKOing him. Overall, a solid team though. I'm glad Hydreigon is getting the love it deserves.

This is a really nice team that I must try out so good job with that :)

I don't have much to add as it's a very competent team as shown by team success with it but,
I think that on scarftar maybe earthquake could go over pursuit if you find that your not using it so much which I found when using scarftar, also rockslide>stone edge could be tried for reasons others have said, ive used ice punch on scarftar and it isn't ohkoing gliscor and they are doing a bunch back with eq then switching and many won't stay in anyway as standard mixtar carries ice beam a lot of the time.

Also I really like that celebi set and I must try it out, is leaf storm really ohkoing ttar because tat is quite impressive

Anyway Good job and good luck :)

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hey IB,

I really like your team, especially Gyarados. I really have to try out Hydreigon too, this set looks like the only one that is not outclassed by Latios. If you want to deal with SpD Jirachi's Body Slam spam, maybe you could change HP Fire on Celebi for Heal Bell. That may sound a bit weird and moveslot wasting, but if Tyranitar, Excadrill, or Hydreigon gets paralyzed, they become really useless (or somewhere close to). As for HP Fire, the threats you mentioned are lured in by Hydreigon quite easily and dealt with by Flamethrower.

I <3 Gyarados

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@HR: Thanks bro <3

@Ojama: Hmm Scarftar has a lot of utility on my team so im not sure about replacing him. Specially defensive Celebi will definitely help me out when I'm playing against rain, so I'll test that. Thanks!

@Razza: I mentioned Ice Punch because I would be hitting Gliscor on the switch and 2HKOing, not actually switching into Gliscor. Pursuit is too useful to let go, and Earthquake is not too useful on Scarftar with redundant coverage and no stab. Thanks for the rate!

@Steeli: Heal Bell sounds very interesting, I'll definitely test that. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)