[Fighting] Leader Birkal vs Challenger Deadfox081 - no really I thought qualifiers were over

Mega Blaziken [Blaziken] (M) @ Blazikenite, Expert Belt
HP: KO
Atk: Rank 7
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 5
SpD: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 86 (-10%) (344 w/ +4)
Energy: KO
Abilities: Blaze, Mega Speed Boost

Mega Lucario [Aikido] (M) @ Lucarionite, Expert Belt
Atk: Rank 6
SpA: Rank 5
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 129 (+19%)
Abilities: Steadfast, Inner Focus, Justified, Adaptability

Mega Heracross [Mega Heracross] (F) @ Heracronite, Expert Belt
Atk: Rank 8
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 87 (+9%)
Abilities: Swarm, Guts, Moxie, Skill Link

Braviary [Predator] (M) @ Life Orb
Atk: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 92 (+10%)
Abilities: Keen Eye, Sheer Force (ON), Defiant

Tomohawk [Woosh] (M) @ Expert Belt, Expert Belt
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
Spe: 85
Abilities: Intimidate, Prankster, Justified

Tomohawk [Tinku] (F) @ Rare Candy, Expert Belt
HP: 46
SpA: Rank 5 (+) (6 w/ Rare Candy)
Energy: 62

Gallade [Shank] (M) @ Expert Belt, Expert Belt
HP: 46
Def: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 69 (-10%)
Energy: 68
Abilities: Steadfast, Justified

Here we go! After a short delay for technical difficulties (OOC: sure let's go with that excuse -_-), we're back! With Birkal down to just Tinku the Tomohawk, who will deadfox counter with; his 100% healthy Crobat, or his weakened Gallade? Looks like it's back to Shank the Gallade! Both Pokemon have the exact same amount of HP, so this could be close!

Tinku starts us off as the faster of the two Pokemon, and it already looks like we're off to the damage races! Tinku is wasting no time, as he fires off a powerful Air Slash at Shank! That had to hurt! However, Shank holds strong and avoids the flinch, and retaliates with a Psychic! Both Pokemon are looking worn out; one more strong attack could end this! Tinku, rather than going for the immediate KO, prepares a combo! This could be risky, can Shank take advantage of the opportunity? He fires off a Psyshock, and it's a direct hit! Tinku wobbles, and wobbles some more! Is it enough!? IT IS! Tinku is knocked out! DEADFOX WINS! What a match! An excellent effort by the Gym Leader, but deadfox simply refused to be denied his badge once more! Great work on both sides!

Congratulations deadfox081!

Tomohawk [Tinku] (F) @ Rare Candy, Expert Belt
SpA: Rank 5 (+) (6 w/ Rare Candy)

Gallade [Shank] (M) @ Expert Belt, Expert Belt
HP: 20
Def: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 69 (-10%)
Energy: 51
Abilities: Steadfast, Justified
-1 Attack
Tinku activated Intimidate -> 5 energy, Shank's Attack dropped by 1 stage

Action 1:
Tinku used Air Slash
-> RNG roll to crit (1-625 to crit) -> 4315 (no crit)
-> RNG roll to flinch (1-3000 to flinch) -> 8529 (no flinch)
(8[BAP] + 3[STAB] + 3[Stat Dif.] + 2[Expert Belt] + 1[Rare Candy]) * 1.5[SE] = 25.5 damage, 7 energy
Shank used Psychic
-> RNG roll to crit (1-625 to crit) -> 4401 (no crit)
-> RNG roll to drop Special Defense (1-1000 to drop) -> 2844 (no drop)
(9[BAP] + 3[STAB] + 2[Expert Belt] + 2[Expert Belt]) * 1.5[SE] = 24 damage, 8.5 energy

Action 2:
Shank used Psyshock
-> RNG roll to crit (1-625 to crit) -> 1189 (no crit)
(8[BAP] + 3[STAB] + 2[Expert Belt] + 2[Expert Belt]) * 1.5[SE] = 22.5 damage, 8 energy, Tinku KOed

Tinku -> -46.5, rounded to 47 HP, -12 energy
Predator -> -25.5, rounded to 26 HP, -16.5, rounded to 17 energy
Rewards:
Gym Leader Birkal -> 3 CC
Tinku the Tomohawk -> 3 MC
Aikido the Lucario -> 3 MC
Blaziken -> 3 MC
Heracross -> 3 MC, 2 KOC
Challenger deadfox081 -> 3 CC, the Knockout Badge, 10 UC (Reward for winning one badge, I'm pretty sure this is your first; if you have more let me know and I'll give you the correct reward), Black Belt
Woosh the Tomohawk -> 3 MC, 1 KOC
Sucker the Crobat -> 3 MC
Shank the Gallade -> 3 MC, 2 KOC
Predator the Braviary -> 3 MC, 1 KOC
Me -> 19 UC (pretty sure Leethoof gets none because he was subreffed at battler's request and before he went on LoA, but let me know if that's not the case)

This has been an excellent match between two of ASB's finest, as the crowd shuffles out, pleased with the show. This has been Flamestrike bringing you the commentary, and I hope you have a wonderful day! (still really sorry for those couple of stupidly long delays >_<)

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

"Whatever. Get out."

"Sorry, she's a bit miffed about that last combo. And probably the Flying-type spam."

"Great game; glad you could snag a win here. Enjoy your Knockout Badge and best of luck in future challenges."

"A good game to you too Birkal. It's nice to finally get a win. Both in matches between us and in Gyms in general. Best of luck controlling the hothead Maylene in future challenges."

Thanks Flamestrike!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)