2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
okay imma spell it out for everyone

the . in -.- is a mouth and JUST a mouth

anyone who thinks it's a nose is clearly kidding themselves

end of story

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
definitely the mouth...

if you add the underline like vader said it'd be a nose, but otherwise.....

aldaron -.-

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's a guy saying "oof" while slitting his eyes. If you perceive it any other way, you're not understanding the actual emotion behind the emoticon....

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
nose imo!!

if it were a mouth it would be open andlike all surprised and shit and cutesy

this emote is for badasses that have had enough and have lowered their head so that their mouth isn't even in the chat any more

It's a guy saying "oof" while slitting his eyes. If you perceive it any other way, you're not understanding the actual emotion behind the emoticon....
-.- = Did that just F'n happen? or I am disappoint

This discussion highlights the inherent asymmetry that plagues any kind of text-based interaction (which is of course the exact same phenomena that one can experience in a face-to-face conversation, exponentialized by the distance and objectivity that text imposes). That we disagree on a symbol that is intended to explicit an emotion and make it clear to both parties what the other is feeling, is an ironically frustrating proof that we will never be able to fully understand each other. How can you tell what I want to express if your interpretation of a given glyph is so widely opposed to mine?

In conclusion, in -.- the . is the bird's whole body (the - are the wings)

Seriously its a nose, how is everyone so wrong. All dots are noses in any emote why would it change for this one

QFT:

I want everybody that voted nose to find me an emoticon without a mouth.
Do you all not watch anime / read manga? -.- is that face where the character exhales a little puff of smoke shaped like a mushroom or some shit and they've got blue paint running down their forehead for some reason. though I guess maybe it should be more like --.
It's an upright (Asian-style) emote. It doesn't matter what it actually looks like, just that it's a close approximation to an anime/manga face in a certain expression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)