Fulgrate Art thread.

No wait, this is better!

Gadro is reckless and loves to fight. His powers are lightning based.

Neba has a volatile personality that matches her volatile powers.

Omo is a giant turtle that uses ice to increase its already wall-like defenses. Spinning shell is done easily due to ice being frictionless, thus, freeze shell surface, and you have a giant, spinning top of doom.

Okroidus is a serpent-like dragon who's dragon breath is turbulent winds. Unusual for a dragon.

Sirius is the leader of this group and a major villain later in the story. As a dragon, he benefits from being good in all aspects of combat. His melee and ranged attacks are devastating and his mobility is incredibly terrifying. A fearsome opponent.

New pages! Act 4 begins!

Page 01.

Page 02. {Isn't out on the webcomic site yet, and I'm already on page 3.}

Pages 03

Page 04

Wario Knight: Thanks. I guess the opposite/negative of that phrase would be "glorious poop!" XD

Yeah, I'll try to keep up the work. I'm pretty hyped myself about the story.

++++++++++

Page 05.

Page 06.

Page 07.

BLEACH fan art.

Nel Resurrecion Segunda Etapa.

Ichigo

I'm also working on a game version for ULTRANIMU. Here are some mock-ups of the game engine itself. I might start looking for spriters soon if anybody is interested.

http://www.photoshop.com/users/Fulgrate/albums/0cc2d3f85c1049c4abddb7adfd1af414

It's meant to be a competitive, multiplayer game primarily. I've actually been working on the design of it since before smogon was even born {And back then, we had to go to "Azure Heights Laboratory" for all our Pokestat needs.} D: I was a kid back when Azures was the main place to be.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You're producing these pages at an amazing rate, which really is to say something considering how much action they contain and how you don't seem to be recycling any lineart. You don't seem afraid to pull off complex panels and that is a really good attitude to have, since practise really makes perfect.

With that said, there are two things that you should currently focus on:

- Use grey tones. White and black have done the job so far, but that also makes it difficult to not only perceive the panel depth, but also tell the background apart from the characters. And naturally to shade stuff as well. One example would be Tigerdude's face on your last page, instead of drawing lines everywhere you could just as easily have painted him grey to indicate the looming shadow. His face while being punted could also have been turned grey so that people can focus more clearly on the foreground (him being punted).

- Ellaborate on the plot. It has been close a non-stop action flick so far, where one battle follows the other and new characters are introduced at an alarming rate. Right now? I have no clue about what's going on. I may know WHAT they're doing, but WHY they're doing it is something I have a hard time dechiffering. The main character's goal in the beginning was to get the knight's badge, which he now has, so another goal or objective is required on his part. Action is fine and all, but some story or dialogue to explain what's happening is the backbone of every comic.

Marshall.Law: Yeah, Neba is epic! And thanks, I have some more pages.

Bummer: Thanks for the wealth of information and advice. And the praise!

Yeah, I need to use greys more often. They were present in great amounts in chapter 1 I believe. I can't remember if I have any in ch2 or 3. Yeah, good tips, I'll definately try to use grey to differentiate the background from the characters.{Although, in a recent page and a mock up drawing, I used grey to show somebody going in slow-motion to a super-speed perceiver.}

Ah, I've been going to TV-tropes lately to try to give some semblance of a plot for chapter 5. So far, some plot was mentioned at the end of act 3. The villains motives are shown at the end of the chapter. Unless you read act 3 and that's what you mean by "what" their doing. D: I hope I can pull of the "why" at the end of the chapter.

I appreciate all the feedback, Bummer!

+++++

Here's the end of chapter 3. : D Which can be found on the webcomics site for Ultranimu. Let me know if anything was wrong with how I presented the plot.

Page 17.

Page 18.

Page 19.

Page 20.

Page 21.

Now, here are some more pages for the latest chapter.

And here's some pics of an Ultranimu that appears in a later act.

And another:

More pages.

^^ I should have given the King a funny, annoyed reaction in response to "I don't understand" when he said "Nevermind".

Hopefully, in Act 5, I'll be able to incorporate feedback on my art by then.

Even more pages!

Yeah, I should have used gray, but I'll definately try to incorporate artistic elements suggested in full form by Act 5, for now, Act 4 is almost finished, Each Act is 20-23 pages. Latest stuff is at the 17th page!

^^ Thank you! I'm psyched for Act 5!

+++++++

New month, new style.

I haven't named it yet, but this style uses lines much thinner than any previous style I've used so far aside from that pic of Joid, but that was achieved with a different method that isn't as fast.

It will most likely be the line art style I use for Act 5.

Agh, I spent a few hours doing sprites. : { It feels like for something that size, it should only take a few minutes!!

Well, at least I now got sprites to implement for something like a fighting game or side scroller or some other type of game that would make use of the side view graphics. D:

Also, Act 5 has begun. Because I had drawn sprites, in that time frame, I missed out on drawing 5 quick comic pages, or a single, really good comic page.

In the amount of time it would take to make 10 pages of the quality above, I have instead, made this.

Been working on this beyond the 2 hour limit I usually impose, might have been 6-10 hours so far. :noidea:

Here is it is without a ton of the layers used.

And here it is with some shadows lightened.

Some animated sprites. Amount of time it took was equal to 6 pages of the quality in the above post. Yeah, I'm slow with sprites.

BASIC ATTACK.

POWERED ATTACK.

I'm planning out a movie script to submit to studios.amazon.com. HOWEVER, I read that if they buy your script, you lose most of the rights to your idea and characters. I'm not sure what the extent of this is, but nonetheless, I have decided to make a "film" version with characters that are different. This re-design come from my literary side, and now, I think their pretty great, it's a shame if I lose them but I guess I could always invent a new story anyway. The story is also different, the protagonist is a failure knight. I'm gonna use all my know-how to make the best story possible, even if this universe is taken away from me. I've been spending tons of hours studying how to write in script format, so when it comes time to write, I'll be ready. I hope I just misread and you still get to write the sequel and add new characters and so on. Maybe none of it is true and I'm just being paranoid. [bugs]

How do you compare it to the original designs?

Also, the 2nd stage of the gunslinger, Bolton Dual.

Sweet! Fulgrate, I send you my best regards and hope that you get your script turned into a movie! The character's look quite nice as I see them right now, especially the gunslinger and the new knight character. Best of luck to you!

A script sounds fun. Good luck there, man. I gotta tell you, I love your character designs. It's rare that I see actual original characters in their own styles on the internet, and it's a joy when I do. Just tighten up the anatomy and body continuity a bit.

The sprites need a lot more contrast. The shades are so close as to be nonexistant. The animations are also oddly stiff.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I also wish you luck on this script journey!

Such an insubstantial post that it almost makes my mod-lenses shatter, but I figure that I've dropped by this thread a fair few times, so I should be here to mark this voyage into uncharted (but not unscripted) lands.

Furosuto: Hey! Thanks! I'm working hard to deliver a great story with a sensible plot and good character development. The knight had another slight make over during the weekend, so his design is slightly different, presently.

Bynine: Thanks! I strive for originality as well as fun when making a character design. I'm also hoping to make them good characters with believable traits. Yeah, I think I'll leave spriting to spriters. Far too time consuming for what I was able to produce. I value your critique either way.

Alchemator: Thank you! I don't think it's possible for somebody of mod rank to make insubstantial posts. I appreciate the pun! And I must take care not to be heedless in this journey into the unfamiliar.

++++++++++

I've been trying to spend the weekend getting back up to speed with my writing muscle, studying on good story telling, and I'm STILL not up to speed yet, it's been so long. Even after three days straight. I've jotted down ideas of possible scenarios, the main characters, the main antagonists, etc. I'm waiting until I feel fully ready before writing the actual script. I've learned the hard way years ago that its better to plan out what your gonna write before writing it, otherwise you have something humongous to go over and re-write{an 80,000+ manuscript I wrote in 2009, within a 3 month time period.} Since then, I've mostly just drawn, and my literal mind began to shrink. I hope to be able to acquire the knowledge for good character development, pivotal story telling, and entertaining dialogue within the next 2 weeks at the most, then I'll begin the dynamic process of writing a screenplay{Did I get that term right? I'm still unfamiliar with this format of writing. I've been focusing on the basics of story-telling so far.}

I've been really trying to redesign these characters to be as different enough from the original designs they are based on to be considered seperate characters, and trying to make the designs fit for a movie.

Five of these guys will get a lot of screen time, two of them will only have it minimally. The knight has gotten some modifications, he only looks less friendly than before. ONLY looks:

The main roster:

The main antagonist and some of his mooks.

The Lancer and the Big Guy, in terms of tropes:

Possible villain which would lead to a possible sub-plot:

It's going to be fun trying to make an incredible story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)