Fusion Evolution V2 (Submission Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That's what I meant. I worded it badly lol.
Still, with those conditions, it's almost impossible to make a Pokemon with a niche that some other fusion can't do better. A submission like Cinccino and Walrein that almost balances itself out (102/97/85/90/85/100) is illegal, because of the +10 boost. Walrein would need to fuse with a Pokemon that has 70 HP or less, Cinccino would have to fuse with a Pokemon that has 65 Spe or less, and half of both of those are NFEs.
The project would be better off with Walrein/Cinccino than NFE versions (Sealeo/Cinccino or Walrein/Minccino) or a legal FE fusion like Walrein/Persian (substituting Technician and Normal type) that are just worse versions of the above. Just an example, I can think of other Pokemon that would be hindered even though they're mediocre like Kecleon and Stoutland. Or they could end up fusing with Pokemon that have very low Sp Def and Atk respectively and become mixed walls/attackers, which suck most of the time...
I think we should do a restriction that doesn't count the +10 boost, if we're even going with this theme.
About ten fusions currently have Mediorce stats. Azuninja, Venoqueen Poryform and Maladuck are notable examples. U dont need NFEs. Just run mons allowed in Mediorcemons or mons with stats capping @ around 110.

Voting's over and here are the winners!

DNA Donors: Castform / Thundurus
Offspring name: Thundercast
New Type: Electric/Normal
Base Stats: 74 / 102 / 70 / 107 / 75 / 110 (+10 Atk, +10 SpA, +20 Spe)
New ability and desc: Weather Caster (Forecast + Prankster) - Summons a weather condition and changes the Normal-type according to the type of the move in its first moveslot (they can be considered as forms). If Water-type, it becomes Electric/Water and summons Rain for 5 turns (8 if holding Damp Rock) upon switching in. If Fire-type, it becomes Electric/Fire and and summons Sunny Day for 5 turns (8 if holding Heat Rock) upon switching in. If Ice-type it becomes Electric/Ice type and summons Hail for 5 turns (8 if holding Icy Rock) upon switching in.
Notable Moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Solar Beam, Hydro Pump, Scald, Thunder, Hurricane, Blizzard, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Thunder Wave, Sludge Bomb, Focus Blast, Psychic, Flash Cannon, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Weather Ball, Icy Wind, Knock Off, Superpower
Role Identification: The ultimate weather summoner! With the three amazingly strong typings of Rotom's most used forms, a very wide moveset to be effective in every weather condition it summons, many coverage moves such as Sludge Bomb, Flash Cannon and Psychic (kindly offered by Thundurus) and Nasty Plot on the top of that to double its SpA stat, this fusion can be armed only by slow sandstorm summoners' Earthquakes. The strongest weather to summon may seem to be rain, since it can learn Hydro Pump, Scald, Thunder and Hurricane, but each form has its own niche, thanks to that additional Electric type and to Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Solar Beam and Blizzard. Each form can benefit from Volt Switch to form a VoltTurn core with another weather abuser (we have many of them in this metagame). It can run a Scarfed set with Volt Switch for shenanigans, take full advantage of the weather it summons using one of the rocks and Nasty Plot or use a Life Orb set.

Parents: Sceptile + Floette-Eternal
Shared egg group: DNA
Offspring name: Sceptette-Eternal
New type: Fairy/Grass
New base stats: 72/75/66/125/116/126 (580, +10 SpAtk, +10 SpDef, +20 Spe)
New ability and desc: Surge Bloom - Allied Grass type Pokemon have their Grass STAB increased by x1.5 and their stats can't be lowered (includes self-status drops) (Overgrow + Flower Veil)
Notable moves: Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, Light of Ruin, Moonblast, Psychic, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, Synthesis, Wish, Aromatherapy, Calm Mind, Protect, Substitute
Role identification: Wall breaker... I mean Wall pulverizer. Leaf Storm with a STAB boost bigger than Adaptability, without the stat drops. Coupled with Light of Ruin and recovery in the form of Wish, Synthesis or even Giga Drain. Can set up using Calm Mind. Can remove status with Aromatherapy, or stay behind a Sub. Has a very high speed tier. What more would you want?

Parents: MegaSceptile + Floette-Eternal
Shared egg group: [Mega]
Offspring name: MegaSceptette-Eternal
New type: Fairy/Dragon
New base stats: 72|100|76|165|116|151 (680)
New ability and desc: Lightning Rod
Notable moves: Same as above.
Role identification: With Fairy/Dragon typing, it can be a little different from its base form. 165 Sp atk and 151 speed, with Light of Ruin, differentiates it from other Fairy/Dragon types.

Parents: Slaking + Wailord
Shared Egg Group: Field
Offspring Name: Rail Link
New Typing: Normal/Water
New Base Stats: 170/135/82/102/65/90
New Ability And Description: (Truant + Water Veil) Choo Choo: Removes Burn status every other turn. Immune to Burns on the turn Burn is removed. Can be OHKOd if the opponent makes noises like a choo choo train.
Notable Moves: Return, Double Edge, Waterfall, Elemental Punches, Gunk Shot, Play Rough, Night Slash, Iron Head, Earthquake, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Bulk Up, Slack Off, Encore
Role Identification: It's big, it's fat, and it's a surprisingly effective physical tank! Rail Link parks itself in the middle of the field and invites you to come at it, bro, and with Bulk Up and Slack Off, it can stick around for a hell of a long time. Much like anyone waiting for a train, as it happens. In any event, with Return or Waterfall for STAB and a variety of coverage options, you can do some serious damage to opponents - nothing much cares for a +1 102 BP STAB move coming off a base Attack of 135, especially not the special attackers your opponent will need to switch out to in order to beat you down. Hear that train a-comin', boys!

Parents: Bisharp + Pangoro
Shared Egg Group: Human-Like
Offspring Name: Agrippa
New Typing: Fighting/Steel
New Base Stats: 90/134/99/74/80/74
New Ability And Description: (Defiant + Iron Fist) Caestus: Arm, hand, and punching moves (see below) do 25% more damage where applicable and raise this Pokémon's Attack by one stage after their use.
Notable Moves: Sucker Punch, Power-Up Punch, Drain Punch, Elemental Punches, Superpower, Brick Break, Storm Throw, Shadow Claw, Dual Chop, Poison Jab, Knock Off, Hone Claws, Rock Polish
Role Identification: Who needs some prissy little Lucario? A seriously heavy-duty bruiser, Agrippa's not the kind of cove you want to mess with. STAB Superpower without the Attack drop? STAB Power-Up Punch that raises your attack by 2? Hone Claws turning into a better Swords Dance? Sucker Punch getting a benefit even if you muck up your prediction and the move fails? This wily old Roman's got the lot. Are you ready, contender?
N.B.: This list is for ALL the moves affected by Caestus, whether Agrippa learns them or not. Moves that do not deal conventional damage are mentioned here anyway, as they will still activate the second half of the ability and increase the Pokémon's Attack by one stage.
---
Arm Thrust
Block
Brick Break
Bullet Punch
Circle Throw
Close Combat
Comet Punch
Cross Chop
Crush Claw
Crush Grip
Dizzy Punch
Double Hit
Double Slap
Dragon Claw
Drain Punch
Dual Chop
Dynamic Punch
Fire Punch
Flying Press
Focus Punch
Force Palm
Hammer Arm
Hone Claws
Ice Punch
Karate Chop
Mach Punch
Mega Punch
Metal Claw
Meteor Mash
Mud-Slap
Needle Arm
Poison Jab
Power-Up Punch
Quick Guard
Reversal
Seismic Toss
Shadow Claw
Shadow Punch
Sky Uppercut
Storm Throw
Strength
Sucker Punch
Superpower
Thunder Punch
Vice Grip
Vital Throw
Wake-Up Slap

Parents: Basculin-Red Stripe + Basculin-Blue Stripe
Shared Egg Group: Water 2
Offspring Name: Basculin-Basculin
New Typing: Water
New Base Stats: 80/102/75/90/65/108
New Ability And Description: (Adaptability + Reckless) Fusion Powered: This Pokémon's STAB moves do 3x damage rather than 1.5x, but have 33% recoil. Moves with a recoil element do 1.25x bonus damage.
Notable Moves: Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Aqua Tail, Double Edge, Crunch, Superpower, Scald, Ice Beam, Rest, Sleep Talk
Role Identification: Frankly, unless you're going up against a Water Absorb user or something similar, a RestTalk set with Aqua Jet and J. Random Coverage Move is... really all you need. It's a simple Pokémon with a simple brief: get in there and use your 150 effective BP Priority move to wreck some fools. It's an ability that rather makes up for a very mediocre statline, though it does have a good speed tier if you want to run, say, 337 BP Aqua Tail or 300 BP Scald. Hell, even Ice Beam becomes 112 BP, and Superpower becomes 150 BP - both of which are before the LO boost, because you will be running a Life Orb, why the hell would you not?. Yes, it's a bit of a joke fusion, and if you Knock Off the Life Orb then its coverage moves aren't worth the square root of jack shit, but Basculin-Basculin really is so good they named it twice.

Onto the discussion phase!

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Not sure if I calc'd this correctly because I multiplied the results myself and I'm not sure if it's exactly like that in game, but...
252+ Atk Life Orb Basculin-Basculin Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 521-618 (81 - 96%)
Lol, what a beast.

Although I like the idea of people being able to discuss unsuccessful fusions, I'd rather not flood the thread with lots of few line posts once every cycle of phases, but I'd be more than happy to help set up a group Skype chat or something similar for people to discuss in (which would allow lots more real-time discussion and keep it separate from the main thread). So yeah, DM me some way to add you on Skype or something similar and once a few people show interest I'll create a group or something.
I think Discord would actually be a more useful program to use, considering you do not need to download it and it's easy to set up. Just my two cents though.

Well, whatever we decide to use, I'm totally in. Time to give my thoughts on the new fusions, too.

Yeah, this is the ultimate weather abuser, although it can't really do much in sand. All three variants of Thundercast look pretty great, with Sun giving you one-turn Solar Beams and an amazing offensive STAB typing in Fire, Rain giving you Electric/Water typing and perfectly accurate Thunders, and Hail giving you STAB BlizzardBolt coverage. You could probably have multi-weather teams with Thundercast around, thanks to the abundance of Charizard fusions.

Break down all the walls! 125 Special Attack backed by a hella strong Leaf Storm that doesn't lower your stats is scary, and 126 is a nice Speed tier, as well. The Mega...actually isn't going to be used much thanks to the insane power of Surge Bloom. A really cool fusion in general.

Now this one is a bulky attacker that pretty much laughs at your attempts to break it physically thanks to Bulk Up and Slack Off. Its Ability means that only Pikachu can save us from this monstrosity lets it recover from burns every other turn, meaning that Will-O-Wisp will not necessarily save you.

This is sort of like Lucario, except with less Speed...and more bulk...and...oh, who am I kidding? Lucario and Agrippa are nothing alike. Anyways, Agrippa has a really great set-up move in Hone Claws and STAB Superpower with only a Defense drop. Alternatively, you could run Rock Polish, since Agrippa's an Attack-boosting machine as it is.

Am I the only one who notices that CCC likes making Water-type fusions? Anyways, this functions as the water to Victant's fire, being an excellent Water-type wallbreaker. However, it's very difficult to keep it on the field for more than two turns, so Basculin-Basculin is probably going to need a good amount of support to function effectively.

I've also edited my list of BSTs on page 32 (which I'm gonna be continuing to update once we get even more 'mons).

Last edited:
... I have a team.

I have a team.

Um.

*flailing*

Anyway:-

Malkovich (Basculin-Basculin) @ Life Orb
Ability: Fusion Powered
EVs: 252 Attack/ 4 Defence / 252 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This 'mon is evil, plain and simple. Let me put it in context. Here are some calculations:-

252+ Atk Life Orb Basculin-Basculin Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 523-615 (81.4 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Burned Basculin-Basculin Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 376-442 (97.4 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Basculin-Basculin Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 120+ Def Lugia: 260-307 (62.5 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Basculin-Basculin Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 224-264 (67 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Basculin-Basculin Waterfall vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 647-762 (183.8 - 216.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The word y'all are looking for is "Yikes".

Lugia. Fucking Lugia. Dies to Basculin-Basculin if Multiscale's broken. We are dealing with a very, very dangerous 'mon here, and I love it. =]

EDIT: It also works amazingly well on a rain team due to how Rain boosts the damage of its nuclear STAB, so a B-B/Thundercast-Rain core might become kinda popular! =]

252+ Atk Life Orb Basculin-Basculin Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 523-615 (81.4 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
523 *.33 = 172.59 (Idk if Showdown rounds up or down but let's round down just for the point)
80 Base HP with no investments is 301HP
10% of that is 30
That means that Basculin-Basculin does 202 damage to itself, leaving it with 99HP, meaning it can be KO'd by Seismic Toss

Idk what the point of this is exactly tbh. I don't think I voted for Basculin-Basculin because I thought it was too strong but at least the recoil hurts.

G-Luke

I think Surge Bloom in its current state is too much.

252 SpA Choice Specs Surge Bloom Sceptette-Eternal Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 357-421 (50 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

No special attacker should be able to do that unless it hits supereffectively. Blocking selfdrops means it has no switchins. And please lets not say Victant has no switchins too. After a V-Create it has to switch out, and a *4 SR weakness means that not all that promising.

Then again..... Its the creators decision and we have Mega Hazard and Harem around. Just do what we do best...create a zillion and one various Steel whatever counters with recovery and call it a day.

On to others.

Thundercast is literally Polyform 9.0 as it outclasses it in everything Polyform would ever try. Hail getting better every slate is something Ican live with tho. #MakeHailGreatAgain

Basculin-Purple (can we call it that?) is glass cannon forever and whenever it hits something should die. Keyword whenever. 108 Speed is bad for an offensive mon by FE standards (see 115-120) and while access to murdurous priority should put it in the clear, when thid murderous priority also has murderous recoil its easy to see this thing aint smashing too much for too long. Combine it with bad bulk (optimum bulk for a FE offensive threat is around 95/90/80) and you kinda see where this going. Gotta say though mixed sets are 90% better than Band. Just means more recoil!!

Rail Link is the second mon to have two words as its name!! Not as cool as its sounds, but Rail Link shits on poor Wailcatty (even though its signature moves are killer. Hydrothermal Slam and Whale Slap are hilariously powerful) and rivals many set up sweepers simply due to shitting on stall. A set of Bulk Up + Slack Off + Dual STAB basically crumbles stall teams once annoying water immunities and or Ghosts are dead. Also its hilarious that a Whale based on a blimp and a sloth based on lazyness combine to make a fusion based on a train. CHOO CHOO!!

Aggripa just seems like an ok fusion. Sure its ability makes really syrong and n excellent RP sweeper, but it doesnt Stand Out like the others and honestly feels like filler.

Last edited:
I freely admit that Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa is hardly my most inventive work, but I largely designed it for the purpose of expressing my endless, white-hot fury at what a totally dogshit ability Iron Fist is compared to, say, Tough Claws or Strong Jaw. The resultant 'mon captures that spirit well, I think, and allows for some truly obnoxious boosts. Ah, would that it got Baton Pass...

Also, a team of my fusions. I really need to get some special attackers in the Hall of Fame...

Specimant 73 (Cazantor) @ Life Orb
Ability: Precision
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Defence / 132 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Steel Wing
- Brick Break
- Thunder Fang
- Agility

I nicked the EV spread off of Stocke, but it seems to work. Steel Wing is there for STAB and getting shot of Fairies, Brick Break hits Steel-types pretty hard, Thunder Fang can murder bulky Water-types, and Agility allows you to outspeed pretty much the entire tier after a boost.

Battletoad (Tadpole) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Power Forward
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Defence / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Aqua Jet
- Dragon Claw

Fairly simple Belly Drum set with STAB Priority and the obligatory ESpeed. I elected Dragon Claw over Outrage because I don't like being locked into moves, especially on a 'mon with comparatively low HP.

New Pollution (Odelay) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Horsetail Armour
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Icicle Spear/Spike Cannon

This is probably gonna be the team's lead, since it has the ability to absorb Stealth Rock and nabs a few immunities courtesy of its ability. Yes, it's very frail, but you can make the opponent flub their prediction after a boost since the expected item will probably be White Herb. I'm also in two minds about the last slot; Ice and Normal are actively resisted, but while Icicle Spear is by far the stronger move, there's a hell of a lot of Normal-type attackers in the tier, particularly ESpeed abusers who might otherwise take advantage of Odelay's weakened defences.

I LIKE TRAINS (Rail Link) @ Leftovers
Ability: Choo Choo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Defence
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Slack Off
- Return
- Waterfall

One of the best anti-stall fusions in the tier, Rail Link is able to soak up a hell of a lot of damage, even against special attackers, thanks to its gargantuan HP stat. Therefore, invest in it, run Bulk Up and Slack Off for healing, and inflict brutal, horrible, disgusting amounts of damage with +1 Return and Waterfall. Simple. Effective. Choo. Choo.

Vipsanius (Agrippa) @ Life Orb
Ability: Caestus
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Hone Claws is an amazing boosting move, since it now grants +2 Attack as well as +1 accuracy. Superpower allows it to retain its Attack boosts while hitting like a ton of bricks, and you can get BoltBeam coverage via elemental punches that now no longer suck!.

Nuclear Option (Basculin-Basculin) @ Life Orb
Ability: Fusion Powered
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Scald
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

Explosive Priority, burn spreading, and the only thing close to a mixed attacker on the slate. I went for Scald over Waterfall because while it's got a pretty insane Attack stat, I wanted to have a STAB move on the special side of things as well. Superpower kills Ferrothorn and Ice Beam is for everything else. =]

===

So, I have a team now. It's... not super brilliant, but it's still pretty good. I now challenge everyone with 6 or more fusions in the Hall Of Fame to put together a team of your favourite submissions for analysis. =]

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
So, I have a team now. It's... not super brilliant, but it's still pretty good. I now challenge everyone with 6 or more fusions in the Hall Of Fame to put together a team of your favourite submissions for analysis. =]
I don't need 6 Pokemon. :P
In fact, so many of my submissions have Megas that I have 9 different usable forms while only having 5 fusions in the Hall of Fame. Problem is, I can't use a Pokemon's base form and Mega form at the same time. So here's the 5-man squad.

Lopunne @ Starf Berry
Ability: Dieting Dolt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Extreme Speed
- High Jump Kick

Sceptette-Eternal @ Leftovers
Ability: Surge Bloom
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Light of Ruin
- Wish
- Protect

Alakario @ Alakazite
Ability: Inner Focus
Modest Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Heebleye @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchro Stall
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Rhyperlax @ Choice Band
Ability: The Amazing Bulk
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Facade
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I REALLY like the synergy between Heebleye and Rhyperlax, the Trick Room setter and one of the best Walls in the game. If Rhyperlax can't break the Physical Walls with banded, 252+ EVs, base 135 Atk, +100 BP moves, under Trick Room that makes it outspeed any Pokemon with 45 Speed or more, well... Heebleye can just stall them out. But keep in mind Banded Rhyperlax has a chance to 2HKO 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagreelix with Earthquake. And with Stone Edge, it has a guaranteed 3HKO against 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablemimez, but a guaranteed 2HKO against both 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega and normal Sablemimez when Trick Room ends because it is slower than Sablemimez, making its ability not activate. Slower by 5, what an awfully nice coincidence.
But don't worry, I apparently also created the destructive force that will stop Rhyperlax. At 4 HP / 252 SpD, Rhyperlax just barely gets OHKO'd by MegaAlakario's STAB, 252+ EVs, base 180 SpA Focus Blast, which does 105 - 124.3%. Problem is, Heebleye is immune against Rhyperlax's only weakness, Fighting, so it can just switch in... Oh, and as for neutral hits against Rhyperlax, apparently it takes 49.7 - 58.7% from MegaHazard X's STAB, Tough Claws, 252+ EVs, base 171 Atk Dragon Claw. This is still one of the strongest moves in the meta, right? Because Rhyperlax resists its Flare Blitz, so that can't be used lol. Also, Basculin-Basculin has a guaranteed OHKO against 4 HP / 0 Def Rhyperlax, congrats you monster, but it OHKOs itself in the process.

All in all, you're all doomed with two of my fusions... I'm sorry. I'm also sorry for derailing the discussion phase along with colourcodedchaos.

G-Luke

I don't need 6 Pokemon. :P
In fact, so many of my submissions have Megas that I have 9 different usable forms while only having 5 fusions in the Hall of Fame. Problem is, I can't use a Pokemon's base form and Mega form at the same time. So here's the 5-man squad.

Lopunne @ Starf Berry
Ability: Dieting Dolt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Extreme Speed
- High Jump Kick

Sceptette-Eternal @ Leftovers
Ability: Surge Bloom
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Light of Ruin
- Wish
- Protect

Alakario @ Alakazite
Ability: Inner Focus
Modest Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Heebleye @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchro Stall
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Rhyperlax @ Choice Band
Ability: The Amazing Bulk
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Facade
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I REALLY like the synergy between Heebleye and Rhyperlax, the Trick Room setter and one of the best Walls in the game. If Rhyperlax can't break the Physical Walls with banded, 252+ EVs, base 135 Atk, +100 BP moves, under Trick Room that makes it outspeed any Pokemon with 45 Speed or more, well... Heebleye can just stall them out. But keep in mind Banded Rhyperlax has a chance to 2HKO 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagreelix with Earthquake. And with Stone Edge, it has a guaranteed 3HKO against 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablemimez, but a guaranteed 2HKO against both 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega and normal Sablemimez when Trick Room ends because it is slower than Sablemimez, making its ability not activate. Slower by 5, what an awfully nice coincidence.
But don't worry, I apparently also created the destructive force that will stop Rhyperlax. At 4 HP / 252 SpD, Rhyperlax just barely gets OHKO'd by MegaAlakario's STAB, 252+ EVs, base 180 SpA Focus Blast, which does 105 - 124.3%. Problem is, Heebleye is immune against Rhyperlax's only weakness, Fighting, so it can just switch in... Oh, and as for neutral hits against Rhyperlax, apparently it takes 49.7 - 58.7% from MegaHazard X's STAB, Tough Claws, 252+ EVs, base 171 Atk Dragon Claw. This is still one of the strongest moves in the meta, right? Because Rhyperlax resists its Flare Blitz, so that can't be used lol. Also, Basculin-Basculin has a guaranteed OHKO against 4 HP / 0 Def Rhyperlax, congrats you monster, but it OHKOs itself in the process.

All in all, you're all doomed with two of my fusions... I'm sorry. I'm also sorry for derailing the discussion phase along with colourcodedchaos.
Cofagreelix can burn it. Mega Cofagreelix probs can beat it even without the burn. Almost any Gyaramence fusion laughs in its face. Especially Mega Gyaramence.

I hate to rain on the parade here, but if I'm reading the rules correctly then Sceptile + Eternal Floette is an illegal submission.

The rules of fusion state:

said:
Rules of Fusion:
Fusions fall into two different categories, regular and DNA.
In a regular fusion, any two Pokemon that can be of different gender and have a shared egg group are selected to be fused, but in a DNA fusion two Pokemon, with at least one being genderless or in the Undiscovered Egg Group and neither with a BST of 670 or more are fused, regardless of gender or egg group.
[/quite]
Floette is a resident of the Fairy egg group, while Sceptile belongs to the Monster and Dragon categories. This disqualifies the pair from a regular fusion. Furthermore, Floette (-Eternal and regular) are gendered as female in 100% of all encounters, which when combined with the above point render the duo incompatible for a DNA fusion.

So, assuming my information and logic are sound, the aforementioned Pokemon would likely have to be removed and subsequently replaced by a runner-up.

I hate to rain on the parade here, but if I'm reading the rules correctly then Sceptile + Eternal Floette is an illegal submission.

The rules of fusion state:

Floette is a resident of the Fairy egg group, while Sceptile belongs to the Monster and Dragon categories. This disqualifies the pair from a regular fusion. Furthermore, Floette (-Eternal and regular) are gendered as female in 100% of all encounters, which when combined with the above point render the duo incompatible for a DNA fusion.

So, assuming my information and logic are sound, the aforementioned Pokemon would likely have to be removed and subsequently replaced by a runner-up.
I think it should technically be legal, as Floette-Eternal can't breed

Regardless, it still fails to meet the guidelines, and thus is in all practical matters illegitimate.
... Except that that's not true. A look at the DNA Only listing in the OP brings up the example of Nidoqueen, another 'mon with a 100% gender that is somehow unable to breed. Nidoqueen has been used in more than a few fusions. Is Venoqueen now invalid as well?

Try not to sulk, dear, salt's Hell itself to get out of the carpet. =]

... Except that that's not true. A look at the DNA Only listing in the OP brings up the example of Nidoqueen, another 'mon with a 100% gender that is somehow unable to breed. Nidoqueen has been used in more than a few fusions. Is Venoqueen now invalid as well?

Try not to sulk, dear, salt's Hell itself to get out of the carpet. =]
Contrary to how I must be coming off, I'm not upset at all. I simply point out what I find trivial or fishy when I see it, and this qualifies as so.

To answer your most-likely-rhetorical question, however, Nidoqueen is valid within its own egg group when fused with a partner that shares an egg group AND that may be of the opposite gender, as is any other fixed-gender Pokemon that is not classified under "undiscovered". So, yes, by the loosest definition of the ruleset, two female-only or male-only Pokemon should be unable to be fused legally.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Contrary to how I must be coming off, I'm not upset at all. I simply point out what I find trivial or fishy when I see it, and this qualifies as so.

To answer your most-likely-rhetorical question, however, Nidoqueen is valid within its own egg group when fused with a partner that shares an egg group AND that may be of the opposite gender, as is any other fixed-gender Pokemon that is not classified under "undiscovered". So, yes, by the loosest definition of the ruleset, two female-only or male-only Pokemon should be unable to be fused legally.
Gamefreak found a new way to code whether or not a Pokemon is able to breed, that isn't adding a Pokemon to the Undiscovered Egg Group or making it genderless, but the core idea is the same. Pokemon that can't breed with any others (besides Ditto for some Genderless Mons) are given a chance to DNA fuse. That is the case with Floette-Eternal.
Or another explanation could be, the lore of this Metagame seen in the original thread is to have two Pokemon make an offspring, which would bw unthinkable for Floette-Eternal to do in the real game, leaving it as a DNA only Pokemon.

idk I mean it's weird because we know Floette-Eternal can't breed, so she should be in the Undiscovered egg group...but she's not, which is weird because the Cosplay Pikachu forms are under in the Undiscovered egg group even though they're in the exact same situation (speaking of which, are we allowed to use Cosplay Pikachu? I'd think so) and from the same game. Now at the same time, Floette-Eternal also isn't in the Fairy egg group, at least according to Teambuilder, which means that it belongs to no egg group. We have two options here, make Floette-Eternal only useable with other pokemon in the Undiscovered egg group or count it as being in the Undiscovered egg group itself. I think we should do the latter, because it can't breed, which pretty much IS the requirement for being in the Undiscovered egg group.

Tbh I don't even think this is a problem because I when I made my Floette-Eternal/Hippowdon fusion a while back I made a disclaimer that it might be controversial, but nobody said anything then.

I think based on the precedent of Hippowdon/Floette-Eternal, Sceptile/Floette-Eternal should be legal, but I can see there are decent arguments both ways. New Submissions Phase will start soon, but right now in the Council we're discussing what we want to do about coding, so please hold on for just a little while longer

So, let's open the new Submission Phase! This time it will be another themed slate. Each of the stats of the fusion mustn't exceed 110. You are totally free with the abilities. Crazy abilities are appreciated, not recommended, though (and try to be simple with effects! 1 or 2 effect MAXIMUM, or it will be too difficult to code and the abilities won't respect the rules of the original games)

So, let's open the new Submission Phase! This time it will be another themed slate. Each of the stats of the fusion mustn't exceed 110. You are totally free with the abilities. Crazy abilities are appreciated, not recommended, though (and try to be simple with effects! 1 or 2 effect MAXIMUM, or it will be too difficult to code and the abilities won't respect the rules of the original games)
Does this restriction have any effect on Megas? Or are they fine as long as the base is fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)