1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Garchomp Vote

Discussion in 'Suspect Test Voting Site' started by Aeolus, Sep 10, 2008.

?

Garchomp

Poll closed Dec 9, 2008.
  1. OU

27.8%
  2. Uber

72.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Vote.

Explanations are welcome, but not required.

29 votes is the magic number.
  2. Articanus

Articanus

I voted Chomp uber after a long time of discussing it with friends and frankly, myself. Why did I decide on uber in the end? Easy: the suspect metagame is so much more fun!
  3. Jimbo

Jimbo take me anywhere
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Voted uber, all the reasons have been explained in depth yea.
  4. remlabmez

remlabmez @dacopboss
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

5. Fishin

Fishin
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Voting uber. I honestly believe it's too close of a call for Chomp's status to be determined by any real sort of solid evidence. If something like Darkrai was allowed in OU, we'd find ways to get around it without losing our whole team, sure, but that wouldn't really change its status. Since Garchomp was allowed without (much) question from the beginning of D/P, I feel that "finding ways to get around it" is what we've been doing; Garchomp is just that much better than any other OU. To be honest, I'm actually going to miss it to an extent should it get banned since I prefer a heavily offensive metagame, but as far as balance goes I'm set in my belief that banning it is the best decision.
  6. Limitless

Limitless Success is the best revenge.
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
    Battling 101 Leader

I kind of voted for OU, but I meant to vote Ubers... If someone could change that, I would appreciate it. However, if you can't that's fine too.
  7. Great Sage

Great Sage

I voted Uber, for largely the same reasons as Fishin. Also, from experience, I've found that the Yache set in particular is extraordinarily difficult to kill without sacrificing a Pokemon.
  8. FDS

FDS

I voted OU because of my agreement with many of the reasons stated on the first page of the "Would banning Garchomp from standard play even solve the problem?" thread.
  9. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

I believe Garchomp is uber. It's an easy Pokemon to abuse since it's over powerful, which could be attributed to why it stayed in OU for so long. Its usage statistics over the months display its dominance. The suspect metagame has proven to be more balanced and exciting. Garchomp's absence hasn't affected the metagame in an extremely negative way. Counters for other sweepers have been emerging more because there is no longer a need to have an anti-Garchomp defensive core or revenge killer needed to prevent a mass sweep. The quality of play is enriched without Garchomp.
  10. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Voted uber. I think I have explained why enough times.

Have a nice day.
  11. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I think Garchomp in a way ruins the competitive spirit of the game. It's definitely not as Uber as RBYMewtwo, but it's still enough to make the metagame less fun.

Since what the vote really boils down to is whether or not you like the suspect metagame more (as that's really the best way to determine whether Garchomp makes the game less competitive), I vote Garchomp to Uber.
  12. Rag

Rag "aaaaaaaahhhh!"

I voted Garchomp OU, mainly because I like our current metagame better then the suspect metagame.
  13. Syberia

Syberia [custom user title]
    is a Pre-Contributor

Uber, no explanation needed. It speaks for itself.
  14. Aldaron

Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

Voted Uber.
  15. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

Voted uber for basically all reasons mentioned.
  16. Truthi

Truthi

Voted Uber, done with chomp.
  17. Gouki

Gouki nice times all the times
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

Voted Uber.
  18. Loki

Loki like seashells
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Champion

voted uber
  19. kd24

kd24 yo daddy musta been a drug dealer? why, cuz you're dope
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

voting uber for all of the reasons stated above and in jrrrrrr's post
  20. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Voted OU.
  21. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

29 votes is the magic number
  22. matty

matty I did stuff along time ago
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Voted Uber
  23. Bologo

Bologo Have fun with birds and bees.
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I have voted for OU.
  24. Farmer

Farmer But I don't dry tears, I just aim at them on purpose
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I voted uber for reasons all ready stated throughout this thread.
  25. Stallion

Stallion Winner of the "Smogon's Prettiest Girl of All Time" comp
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)