Pokémon Gardevoir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, that is gorgeous! Just wondering, where is the confirmation that Pixilate boosts the moves power so high? Anyway, I think Timid is the way to go on Mega Gardevoir because 100 base speed still ties with a bunch of stuff!

Wait, do sound moves go through Protect and Detect as well as subs?
Subs only, but that doesn't make it less broken. Frankly, this gives both of Megavoir's STAB attacks something sneaky. I mean hey, Psyshock destroys things with low SDef (and makes it impossible to calm mind in her face) and Hyper Voice makes Subs worthless (SubCM Latias hate anyone?).

Whoops I got Boomburst mixed up with the other sound moves. Still, a 117 bp move that can be fired over and over again is really nasty. Mega Gardevoir definitely has a competitive niche somewhere. Too bad about that stupid addition to its base attack, right? It gets the elemental punches, Zen Headbutt, Facade and Body Slam. Yeah, with 165 base special attack there's absolutely no reason to use a physical move on this EVER.

Oh right, there's also Shadow Sneak, but you don't want to forsake Calm Mind or coverage for that.

Subs only, but that doesn't make it less broken. Frankly, this gives both of Megavoir's STAB attacks something sneaky. I mean hey, Psyshock destroys things with low SDef (and makes it impossible to calm mind in her face) and Hyper Voice makes Subs worthless (SubCM Latias hate anyone?).
Right, that's what I thought, but someone above mentioned Protect and Detect, so I wanted to clarify.
But yes, it is a nice trick, and now with Pixilate's boost confirmed, it means that Hyper Voice is now strictly better than Moon Blast. This actually justifies using Mega Gardevoir, at long last.

Right, that's what I thought, but someone above mentioned Protect and Detect, so I wanted to clarify.
But yes, it is a nice trick, and now with Pixilate's boost confirmed, it means that Hyper Voice is now strictly better than Moon Blast. This actually justifies using Mega Gardevoir, at long last.
It just sucks that she doesn't get a decent recovery move...I wanted to use her like a 3 attack + Roost Flygon I've been grinding for the Maison...and not to mention a SubCM mono-attacker...TrollFreak wins again...

If you must run a Psychic-Type move, I believe only Psyshock has a use. Fairy has better coverage than Psychic. The only thing you miss out on is hitting Poison for SE if that's a concern.

I really hope there is some Move Tutor in whatever the next Gen VI game is that can teach Hyper Voice to Gardevoir. I really don't feel like getting max IVs in a game that's pre-Destiny Knot IV breeding. Not to mention mine's shiny Q.Q

New set time!

All-out Offense
Gardevoir@Gardevoirite
Modest / Timid
4HP | 252SpA | 252Spe
-Shadow Ball / Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Hyper Voice
-Thunderbolt / Energy Ball

Generally, I prefer Shadow Ball because the only thing Psychic-type moves hit SE over Fairy, is Poison. And the only notable poison-types I can think of are Gengar (who you should switch out of anyway, you cannot win against Gengar who has more base speed.) and Mega Venusaur who's....not really very threatening to begin with. Ghost also hits a lot of things at least neutrally. Psyshock does hit special walls on their worse defensive stat though, so that's also a great thing to have.
Focus Blast and Hyper Voice don't need an explanation.

With Energy Ball now tied with Thunderbolt at 90BP, what do you guys think Gardevoir would benefit from more? They both hit Water for SE damage, while bolt hits Flying types and Energy Ball hits ground types.

I really hope there is some Move Tutor in whatever the next Gen VI game is that can teach Hyper Voice to Gardevoir. I really don't feel like getting max IVs in a game that's pre-Destiny Knot IV breeding. Not to mention mine's shiny Q.Q

New set time!

All-out Offense
Gardevoir@Gardevoirite
Modest / Timid
4HP | 252SpA | 252Spe
-Shadow Ball / Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Hyper Voice
-Thunderbolt / Energy Ball

Generally, I prefer Shadow Ball because the only thing Psychic-type moves hit SE over Fairy, is Poison. And the only notable poison-types I can think of are Gengar (who you should switch out of anyway, you cannot win against Gengar who has more base speed.) and Mega Venusaur who's....not really very threatening to begin with. Ghost also hits a lot of things at least neutrally. Psyshock does hit special walls on their worse defensive stat though, so that's also a great thing to have.
Focus Blast and Hyper Voice don't need an explanation.

With Energy Ball now tied with Thunderbolt at 90BP, what do you guys think Gardevoir would benefit from more? They both hit Water for SE damage, while bolt hits Flying types and Energy Ball hits ground types.
Depends on what you want to hit, TBolt probably is better since it nails Togekiss and Gyarados (who are both going to be huge this gen, IMO) but Energy Ball is useful for Rotom-W(just be careful of Sap Sippers)

EDIT: Lol yeah on that, wish Voice was an Egg Move this gen...(especially since now you can get egg moves from the Relearner now)

Hyper Voice might be an Egg move for all we know. But it has to breed with another Gardevoir from BW2 that knows it. *shrugs* That'll be nice though.

Does Echoed Voice have any merit unti Hyper Voice is available? I've been using it on random wi-fi with that Gardevoir you get from an in-game trade, and it usually gets the job done.

Hyper Voice might be an Egg move for all we know. But it has to breed with another Gardevoir from BW2 that knows it. *shrugs* That'll be nice though.
Are there any Gen 6 pokes in its egg group (Amorphous) that get it? Also, has anyone considered using Wish on any gardevoir? It could be decent with Wish+Protect and 2 attacks (or a CM mono-attacker).

Does Echoed Voice have any merit unti Hyper Voice is available? I've been using it on random wi-fi with that Gardevoir you get from an in-game trade, and it usually gets the job done.
It's not that bad actually

40BP +50% STAB + Pixilate boost = 78BP.

And then on the next turn it becomes 156BP.

It's not that bad actually

40BP +50% STAB + Pixilate boost = 78BP.

And then on the next turn it becomes 156BP.
Whoa...never imagined that...could be decent in the Battle Maison. Two questions (cause I am ignorant to its mechanics):

1) does it hit both opponents in Doubles?
2) does it reset if you switch moves and how high does it go in BP?

Sorry again for the false alarm on Protect/Detect. Anyway, has anybody considered either a Substitute set, a stallbreaker set with Taunt and or Will-O-Wisp, or something involving Pain Split? Gardevoir's support move pool is still rather nice and base 100 speed and high special defense let her take advantage of it a little bit.

Sorry again for the false alarm on Protect/Detect. Anyway, has anybody considered either a Substitute set, a stallbreaker set with Taunt and or Will-O-Wisp, or something involving Pain Split? Gardevoir's support move pool is still rather nice and base 100 speed and high special defense let her take advantage of it a little bit.
It's even better since it gets Wish. Taunt is better on Crobat 99% of the time, Megavoir is meant to be a sweeper/CM tank more than a wall (since she has no Lefties).
And dammit no HV until December :(

I still wanna see where the 30% boost for pixilate is being confirmed at. This thread is the first time I've seen it mentioned and I can't find a source outside Bulbapedia but that doesn't even have a source. I would like to see something more solid in terms of verifying since it would change a lot. Echoed Voice wouldn't even be that bad anymore, at least, until Hyper voice becomes possible (which would be nice).

Until then, I might just run Moonblast. I don't know. If moon blast isn't spectacular and I see myself wanting echoed voice back.

btw, if Gengar mega-evolves, can you switch out that turn?

I still wanna see where the 30% boost for pixilate is being confirmed at. This thread is the first time I've seen it mentioned and I can't find a source outside Bulbapedia but that doesn't even have a source. I would like to see something more solid in terms of verifying since it would change a lot. Echoed Voice wouldn't even be that bad anymore, at least, until Hyper voice becomes possible (which would be nice).

Until then, I might just run Moonblast. I don't know. If moon blast isn't spectacular and I see myself wanting echoed voice back.

I think so. Unless I'm mistaken, switching happens before Megavolution in turn order.

The Pixilate 30% damage boost to Normal-type moves is documented in the Battle Mechanics Research Thread. That's in the subforum Research.

Pretty sure Bulbapedia doesn't allow anything that isn't confirmed.

That alone is proof enough for me.

There are a bunch of recent posts in the Battle Mechanics thread in the Research subforum. The original mention came from just someone reading it on a Japanese site, but it's been very solidly confirmed since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)