Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ORAS was shorter, still; they were revealed in the May and released in the November of 2014. I'd expect no later than an October to November release for SM.

'Holiday', as in Christmas, Hanukah, or whatever event people tend to consistantly buy gifts for year after year, not 'Holiday' as in summer vacation. Between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, this makes November the best time of year for new releases of this nature.

More importantly it tells they are still investing money in marketing Zygarde. I know this forum has a penchant for skepticism but I think if you look at it through a business lens (which is really important) there is no way they are going to abandon Zygarde.

All of this proves that Zyguarde is certain to have its forms appear in the game. Maybe the two legendaries in sun and moon will unlock it's true potential with the perfect Zyguarde.

All of this proves that Zyguarde is certain to have its forms appear in the game. Maybe the two legendaries in sun and moon will unlock it's true potential with the perfect Zyguarde.
Not necessarily. Ash Greninja has a card too (it sucks tho) and it could remain anime-only with no complaints.
That said there's no logic behind not having Perfect Zygarde in a main series game so eh :I

Reminder as well that the Zygarde card is old news, it's been known about for ages but we're only getting images now.

Not necessarily. Ash Greninja has a card too (it sucks tho) and it could remain anime-only with no complaints.
That said there's no logic behind not having Perfect Zygarde in a main series game so eh :I

Reminder as well that the Zygarde card is old news, it's been known about for ages but we're only getting images now.
But look at the colours that another user highlighted...

EDIT: Why is the card fighting type?

Last edited:
But look at the colours that another user highlighted...

EDIT: Why is the card fighting type?
Because Fighting-type represents Ground and Rock type Pokemon in the card game, the same way there didn't used to be a Dragon-type so most dragons were Normal or their secondary typing.

Edit: Greninja'd

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
one thing: card seems to show that Zyg hundred percento's cloak thingies can turn into snakes a la hydreigon and fire laserbeams

edit: or anyway it has some sort of snake tentacle thing going on here

maybe we knew that already? idk, but seemed worth pointing out

never mind it's already been shown in tretta

Last edited:
Because in the TCG there is no Ground type. Ground, Rock and of course Fighting are combined into the Fighting type in the TCG.
Then why isn't it metal type and/or dragon type since that is what it's other type is?

Is it possible that this new region will be based upon Germany/Austria or a northern region? Zygarde and it's new forms are suppossed to be in this game and along with the other 2 legendaries, they were based upon norse mythology so maybe we are getting more norse legendaries? There are a number of sun and moon based norse references...

Last edited:
I did some minor research with help of a friend. So in Zygadre is based on Norse Mythology. Its various form corresponding to various entities. If the speculation of Sun and Moon Pokemon belonging to Norse mythology is correct then thy are most likely go be based upon Sól the sun God and Mani the moon God. These both deities were unaware of their duties and powers so other gods granted them chariots to travel that cause the phase changes of moon and day night cycle of Sun.
The chariot of Sun God was driven by horses so maybe the Pokemon is related to some kind of horse.or something. Wheras the chariot if moon God was driven by wolves so there is chance it is related to some kind of wolf.
It is also said that these two were chasen by Fenrir(a wolf) and Zygadre 10% is most likely a fenrir and might make a appearance.

PS: It's just a personal opinionated speculation.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I still have a feeling that we are getting the Z storyline in Pokemon Go.
Although we are seeing only Kanto Pokemon + Mega Lucario in the trailers, Niantic confirms that there will be "hundreds" of Pokemon, meaning it's not Gen 1 exclusive.

I still have a feeling that we are getting the Z storyline in Pokemon Go.
Although we are seeing only Kanto Pokemon + Mega Lucario in the trailers, Niantic confirms that there will be "hundreds" of Pokemon, meaning it's not Gen 1 exclusive.
Have you played ingress? There's an overarching backstory, but there's no storyline in the sense that Pokémon has. There's no way they could do any kind of justice to any storyline whatsoever based on the very engine of the game. It would be a monumental mistake to even attempt.

I also don't see them spinning any type of canon into a spinoff.

They seem to be basing an entire expansion with Zygarde as the theme. Does anyone spend money on promoting something they don't intend to profit off of?

I don't quite understand what's news here. We know Zygod is still going to be marketed because it was teased for the next movie.
It isn't news, that's the point. We got dropped a BIG conversation piece with absolutely no details so everyone is chomping at the bit over trivialities and no evidence.

There is a bit of a mystery in why Zygarde was advertised for a movie but then dropped to the anime while the next movie is about Volcanion and our new rolly-polly steel doll pokemon. While it could in theory just be waiting for the movie after that, I still think that somehow, somewhere there was a direction change regarding Zygarde.

Whether that was "no game for you" or "no movie, you're Ho-oh now," well we will just have wait and see how it all plays out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)