Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUMMARY:

Name: Solgaleo
Type: Psychic/Steel
Ability: Full Metal Body
Signature move: Sunsteel Strike

Name: Lunala
Type: Psychic/Ghost
Ability: Shadow Shield
Signature move: Moongeist Beam

Professor: Professor Kukui
Assistant: Lillie
Rival: Hau

Region: Seems to be four regions with a strange island in the middle

Pokedex: A ROTOM???

From Serebii:
The next details for Pokémon Sun & Moon have been revealed. These details come via the secind footage of the game which showcases some new Pokémon. It reveals the legends as Solgaleo, the Psychic Steel with Full Metal Body ability and the move Sunsteel Strike, and Lunala, the Psychic/Ghost with the ability Shadow Shield & the move Moongeist Beam, as well as a new Rotom in your Pokédex. The professor is the character Kukui and has a mysterious assistant called Lillie. Your new friend is called Hau.

Edit:
Apparently you can meet new pokemon by using a QR scanner.
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/738355933743591424

Solgaleo not being a Fire-type is the biggest plot twist in the history of this franchise.
Like Solrock not being a Fire-type?

Gotta say, this was disappointing. I was hoping for at LEAST some new Pokemon. But it's nice to know the full region at least. Hope the other islands are bigger than the first one shown.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
HAHAHAHA PSYCHIC/GHOST

I hope that's just the professor talking through the rotomdex and not the rotom itself talking, though

Last edited:
Like I said earlier ... Only infos about Legendaries ....
Steel Psychic doesn't really make sense ... A Sun Pokemon that HATES fire moves ?
And Psychic Ghost is a bit meh after Hoopa ... Ghost Fairy would be more original :)

I am afraid that the trainer customization that we've seen in the trailer is the only part that we get (= no clothes, hairdos, etc.)

Well, the typings were certainly...unexpected. Who expected Psychic type, like, at all for either of them? Also, RotomDex sounds fun. I'm glad they're having Rotom possess other stuff and it guarantees that this won't be another Gen V with none of the originals if Rotom's common enough to be used to possess PokeDexes.
I remember seeing someone predict they would both be psychic types, and I was not expecting Solgaleo to be fire at all. I'm glad they went this route with the typings rather than "fire" and "dark".

Well. I was hoping for at least a route 1 pokemon or two, but at least we know the legends typings? Like....Psychic/Steel..????

?????

Dude that new rotom that's IN your pokedex seems so...well un-pokemon

It seems Kukui was the profeeser

And the region IS a group of islands, theres one scene with kukui

That rival guy's name is Hau

There is a "mysterious" assistant called Lillie

The new abilitys are Full Metal Body, a Clear Body Clone, for Solgaleo, and Shadow Shield for Lunala(It doesn't have the extra a) which is a multiscale clone

Their new moves are Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam

And they are Psychic-Steel and Psychic-Ghost respectively

How is Solgaleo not fire and Lunala not Fairy???

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

Looks like we were spot on with regards to the locale... very excited to see how they do with the height differences and it look very much like the Elite 4 could be at the top of the highest peak in Hawaii, Mauna Kea. What an eipc place for a showdown with the best trainers.

Well, we don't know exactly what the abilities do. I mean what makes Full Clear Body different from regular Clear Body that they needed to waste memory space on it?

I suppose it's also interesting to note that from Gengar and Salamence, we can glean that the 3D models are the same as the ones as from XYORAS - much like how Gen 5 largely used Gen 4's basic sprites (but gave animation to them).

I'm surprised that they're using a former-gen Pokémon that's not Pikachu, a starter or a legendary in the limelight like that as a partner and dex. Bodes well.

Well, we don't know exactly what the abilities do. I mean what makes Full Clear Body different from regular Clear Body that they needed to waste memory space on it?
Makes it seem super-duper spechul. Same thing that happened with Reshiram and Zekrom.

Looks like we were spot on with regards to the locale... very excited to see how they do with the height differences and it look very much like the Elite 4 could be at the top of the highest peak in Hawaii, Mauna Kea. What an eipc place for a showdown with the best trainers.
How in the earth will they fit 8 gyms and a league plus a few other cities/towns on only these four islands? Just doesn't seem right to me.

I'd have happily said Psychic for either of them, what with Psychic being a popular legend type, but I wouldn't ever have omitted Fire. It just seemed so obvious. I also figured GF were verging away from psychic legends...? Ah well. (I had guessed Psychic/Steel for Xerneas pre-fairy.)

Rotodex is incredible. I love it and want 20.
Kinda hope there's a fifth island somewhere, the region looks nice, but a liiiiiiittle bit small, or rather, "compact." I like really large regions :V It's a little weird seeing so many similarities between the game and the XY engine. Sure, the full body models and off-grid map is nice, but seeing Lunala and Solgaleo fight on what looked like different versions of XY backgrounds was a little, eh, -whelming.

The prof's quote on "being chock full of rare pokemon" is interesting. Hopefully good interesting. Like, how wasn't every other region also not chock full of rare Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)