1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen4 CAP Pre-Evolution Rules & Discussion

Discussion in 'CAP Pre-Evolution Workshop' started by Birkal, Aug 8, 2012.

1. srk1214

srk1214 Goddess of Light
    is a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
    Mentor

The process of doing prevos has been a little convoluted, to say the least. It's a flavor procedure for fun that wasn't standardized until recently, and it's liable to change again. That said, we do have some info on how Necturine evolves here and on how Scratchet evolves here.

I don't think we have ever officially "voted on" per se the method of evolution specifically. In these cases, Deck Knight and jas61292 provided movepools that won and contained stated evolution methods. That's good enough for me.
  2. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

Yeah, Movepool submitters generally get to pick the method of evolution. I totally missed those evo methods hidden away in the description of the movepool reasoning (as others had it very plainly laid out). Thanks for picking up on this @Fuzzie and finding the correct posts @srk1214.

I will talk to Birkal when he returns from his LoA about starting up the next project :)
  3. Aananth

Aananth

So, can I make a Gen5 CAP's Pre-Evo and Post it in this sub-forum?
  4. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Unless you get permission from Birkal to do so, no. I'm not certain what the current decision is regarding a pre-evo for Cawmodore (the only gen 5 Pokemon to not currently have a pre-evolution) but given that the pre-evo process may be up for discussion in the coming weeks I'm not sure that any new pre-evo threads will be started regardless. Remember that this is a community project and no one member can make something and post it willy-nilly.
  5. GreenWell

GreenWell

Alright I wanna contribute what needs to be done here?
  6. DetroitLolcat

DetroitLolcat Maize And Blue Badge Set :)
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Gen 4 Pre-Evolutions take place when nothing else is going on. Right now, we're waiting for (Gen 5) CAP 6, Cawmodore, to begin its pre-evolution process. A thread will open in the main CAP forum soon enough. It will be called "CAP 6 Pre-Evolution - Typing Discussion" or something to that extent. Until then, there's nothing else to do but wait. If you want to talk about pre-evolutions, etc., you can always head over to #cap on SynIRC.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)