1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

General Pokémon Anime Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Jellicent, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Satisfaction

Satisfaction

Judging from the opening, Charizard is soon to be hyped to all hell, it doesnt seem like Ash will use his other pokemon though, Cheren will be introduced but probably with no relationship with bianca, oddly only oshawatt boldore and pikachu were seen on ash's team probably meaning he's getting new members that they didnt want spoiled. Of the legendary dragons Zekrom fits with N better since he wants to create an ideal world where pokemon are happy, but was stopped by facing the heros truth that pokemon are happiest battling with humans. Colress looks evil which isnt really characteristic for him, whereas team rocket seems to side with Looker suggesting that they are in fact good now, since Ash stopped Giovanni.
  2. The Cicada

The Cicada

Zekrom doesn't fit N in the least. Reshiram suits him 100%, because he speaks the truth and nothing but the truth. And we've seen in previews that he awakens Reshiram, while Zekrom hasn't been seen at all. I'm assuming Reshiram is going insane because Corlress did w/e he did to all those other pokemon to it.
  3. Satisfaction

Satisfaction

Zekrom was in the first episode and responsible for Pikachus nerfing, N didnt neccessarily speak the truth of the world, he spoke his own personal truth, which is the same as an ideal. His goal was to liberate pokemon so they could live in an ideal world. Colress is not a bad guy, I'm against him manipulating Reshiram in that way, and also his general depiction in the trailer. It would have been interesting if he had made his pokemon shadow pokemon rather than just having red eyes, but i guess that was easier to distinguish, but it also suggests colress had nothing to do with reshi since its eyes are still blue
  4. The Cicada

The Cicada

Why would Reshiram be acting evil if it wasn't being manipulated by Corlress? We've already seen N awaken Reshiram in a preview, so it's a fact that it belongs to him.
  5. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

So Charizard's back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And N seems to be okay with their bond.

[​IMG]

All is right in the world. :D
  6. Lleahgratton

Lleahgratton

My most memorable episode is when Pikachu almost died and Ash just cried. I remembered when my dog passed away.
  7. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

[​IMG]

New Corocoro scans, they've been discussed a little on other websites/threads.

For me, I'm intrigued by "Goodbye Mijumaru? Battle for Scalchop King!" I really don't want to see Ash's Oshawott go, but I also see no reason that he will. Currently, he's the anime's comedic relief, so unless they introduce another character as that role, he won't leave. I see him becoming like Ash's Corphish.

Also, Professor Oak catching a Rotom. That'll be interesting, and hopefully they'll bring up Charon. The Eevee Island doesn't interest me at all, besides perhaps Sylveon being seen and possibly revealing a typing.
  8. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

Are they seriously gonna repeat the Pikachu's Goodbye episode again, except this time with Oshawott
  9. Antihaxxer

Antihaxxer

Exactly my thought. Same episode
  10. Shiruba

Shiruba

i guess they think that maybe the new people watching it won't know of that, since most will be kids, ja? we've been training our 'mons since before many of them were even born.
  11. DrRobotnik

DrRobotnik

They can't pull another Pikachu's Goodbye/Bye Bye Butterfree after he has at least a hundred Pokemon in storage that he never sees anymore. Was the Charizard episode released yet? Normally I wouldn't care because newer Pokemon anime but it's fucking Charizard.
  12. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Yeah, the Charizard episode was released in Japan. The pictures in my above post are from it, but there's a link to the part with Charizard specifically at Pokémemes of all places.
  13. Lelouch6

Lelouch6

Ash uses his pokemon pretty regularly with the exception of 27 of his tauros all of them have had notable battles and have revealed enough that we know their strengths I'll genuinely miss oshawatt if it leaves its battle with hydreigon wasn't sawk vs leavanny level but it's still one of the best fights in the league oshawatt and snivy didn't win but they were awesome
  14. Vashimus

Vashimus

15. samurott69

samurott69

Pokemon Episodes- Will Brock Comeback?

Hey I just watched the new episode where Team Rocket shows up in a nostalgic fashion and I think this could hint that Brock would come back. I think it would be great if he did.
    Citations- http://pokeblogz.blogspot.com
  16. cant say

cant say

We have a General Pokémon Anime Discussion thread for such conversing

But anyway, I would love to have Brock come back, even just for a little bit. I wanna know what he thinks of Unova's Joy's and Jenny's, as they're all different. I can sort of see Cilan needing to go back to the Striaton gym and Brock replacing him
  17. Snaquaza

Snaquaza

He will catch an Alomomola and it will use Heal Pulse on him when he is in love again!

Maybe...
  18. Sgt.Moose

Sgt.Moose

Gotta love that Primeape is in ending. I missed that fluffball.
  19. PME

PME

I'm less worried about Sylveon, than I am about Paul and Gary holding hands.

EDIT:
    Show Hide
    "What kind of Pokemon are you? How do you do the things you do? Share with me your secrets deep inside~"
    to: Sylveon, sincerely, PME.
  20. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

Actually thats the closest thing this show has to a normal relationship... well, that and the Professor Oak and Ash's mom fanfics.
  21. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

To be honest if Ash is still 11 years old then he's probably only been with each female protagonist for like 2 months max. Otherwise the time line doesn't make any sense.
    I honestly blame the writers... the anime is such a convoluted piece of crap that fanfictions put it to shame.

However, it did made me wonder... did we ever have a main character in the games that had shiny pokemon in his/her party?
  22. Snaquaza

Snaquaza

but sometimes they say ... weeks later
  23. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It's best not to actually think about the time in Pokemon, or most anime or most cartoons.

It's a common narrative thing to keep things relatively the same.

e:...wait we have an anime thread.
  24. cant say

cant say

Ash's Noctowl is very upset

EDIT: where does everyone watch the anime online? I was keeping up with it on tv until the Pokemon tv app came out which was ahead of our local channel, now that it's cycled back to the start of the Unova episodes after Meloetta and the Undersea Temple, I would just start googling for the next episodes, unless there is a reputable source..
  25. samurott69

samurott69

You Ruined it!! I was about to watch the episode! Spoiler Alert....

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)