1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

General Pokémon Anime Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Jellicent, Jul 13, 2012.

1. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Bringing this back up since the Pokemon X and Y anime will be starting soon, and Yveltal seems ready to talk about it!
  2. djanxo unchained

djanxo unchained i HATE gardevoir!!!!!

I seriously want to know who gets to travel with Ash.
    Looks like he's on the plane all by his own.
  3. Yveltal

Yveltal

I was eager to throw my two cents in, grazzie, blob ^_^
    So, to catalogue it better, there's this:

Not only is there a mysterious white blob Pokémon below the plane(you can see THAT inanimate blob better in a higher quality recording), but if you told your new starter to use their head, it would go "I was born knowing how to do that, durhurr."
  4. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Where's the mysterious white blob? All I see is Watchog.
  5. Yveltal

Yveltal

Look closely. In the birds-eye shot after the one with the back of Watchog's head, there's a person and what looks to be a white four-legged Pokémon standing in front of the stairs to the plane.
  6. djanxo unchained

djanxo unchained i HATE gardevoir!!!!!

The one at 0:22?
  7. Yveltal

Yveltal

It could totally be a Ponyt or an Absol or something, but yeah, that little unrecognizable white blob that's 22-23 seconds in.
  8. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Here, someone on Pokememes found the same thing:

[​IMG]
    djanxo unchained and Yveltal like this.
  9. SMZ

SMZ

According to Serebii E799 is called "GoGo Gogoat!"

HUH, called it!.

EDIT: This is the translation of the Japanese episode name, but I could still see the English dub to have that title.
  10. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

For those that missed it, a new anime is set to run on Wendesdays starting October 2nd
    Pokemon: The Origin follows Red & Blue/Green as they journey through Kanto (likely following the Kanto games, not Anime continuity, but not confirmed)

note this isn't replacing the normal anime
    Focus likes this.
  11. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Sorry, a correction, this is just a special episode, not a full series
  12. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Jack of All Trades

Here is the trailer for anyone who is interested.
    Karxrida likes this.
  13. Proc Trainer

Proc Trainer

I'm personally quite curious about the female X and Y character...she apparently knows Ash from the past O.o
  14. Red G

Red G

I bet she was riding on the back of the Ho-Oh that Ash saw on Episode 1.
    Karxrida likes this.
  15. Ratatat

Ratatat

In the interest of X/Y release hype, the new opening for the Kalos series is up:
  16. I2edShift

I2edShift

Animation sure has come a long way since the late 90's. To bad Ash hasn't.

Can't say I could ever watch the show again, only random times on YouTube to watch the good episodes. It peaked for me after the Orange Islands and the Gary vs Ash match in Johto. Maybe if he grew up a little, evolved Pikachu, and didn't restart every time he goes somewhere new.

For someone who was in Elementary School when the show original came on the air, you can only watch baby Pokémon and the same 10 episodes only so many dozen times before you're utterly bored. I'm glad that some people and the newer generations can enjoy it though, it's come a very long way.
    Karxrida likes this.
  17. Proc Trainer

Proc Trainer

It's a little disappointing that Ash hasn't aged since the beginning (they even retconned the point that a year has passed in the third Pokemon movie O.o), but the anime is mainly there to appeal for the kids...They want to relate to a 10 yr old...not a 16 yr old (according to some sources about Ash's real age).
  18. Karxrida

Karxrida

Bumping this thread with DHR's permission.

So how's XY been for those who care enough to watch it? Is it any good (relative to the other seasons)?
  19. Rilan

Rilan

Can't complain too much. The intro music brings back a ton of nostalgia, Team Rocket isn't completely full of idiots (Jessie's Wobuffet also returns, so that's a plus), and the new characters aren't that bad.

The only bad things I can think of is that Ash and company still get stumped by the disguises worn by Team Rocket, Pikachu still has trouble fighting against Pokémon you can find really early in-game, and the indisputable fact that in the future, Ash will not become the Kalos Champion or get even close to that title. Now I'm just waiting for when they screw up logic again. Anyone remember that one episode when Ash was in Hoenn and May's Eevee hit a Banette with a normal type move? Classic.

There's also the "Who's that Pokémon?" segment in between commercials. It should really be renamed to "Do you have an attention span longer than five seconds?". The ones shown in the earlier seasons were far more superior. I can't wait until the anime gets it's name changed for some absurd reason during the middle of the adventure. I'll probably forget to record the rest of the series when that happens.
  20. Kurona

Kurona

Ash is gonna get Mega Ring and Charizardite X; 30 episodes tops
  21. lucariomaster2

lucariomaster2

I actually predict Ash will get Charizardite Y, since we've seen Megazard X in both Origins and the MEvo special now, while Y has gotten virtually zero screentime.
    cant say likes this.
  22. Kurona

Kurona

I think we'll see X BECAUSE Y has gotten no screentime. X has gotten MEvo special, Origins, Smash Bros, a manga series... Y has literally never been seen; it's as if it doesn't exist. And really, Dragon typing and a more significant design change is easier to whore out than... I don't know, bigger wings and sun?
  23. Antihaxxer

Antihaxxer

There is a nice arc about Mega Evolution !

And SPOILER !

[spoiler]Hawlucha will be captured ! Fletchfinder will appear very soon, probably in the Gym Battle or just before[/spoiler]
  24. Absolclaw

Absolclaw

[​IMG]

I don't think Ash has ever used a sun-ability based Pokemon though. X is probably more likely however, else he'll have three Flying-types, two of which are Fire/Flying.
  25. lucariomaster2

lucariomaster2

But we just can't have Ash having a decent team now can we?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)