Genmons [Playable on rom!]

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Just had to say that, yeah, thundy doesn't get spore, and that sylveon doesn't get blue flare (unless I'm missing something :P). If you really want fire coverage, you could try flamethrower. Sure it can't compete with other nuke moves, but it'll pack a punch coming off +2 spa (and it's the best sylveon's got iirc).
I had already taken care of both...except the blue flare shit idk what i was doing there. I had already taken care of thundy and idk what caused me to fuck that up so badly.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Landorous looks insane here. Sadly it's ground STAB is kind of weak, but that's irreverent when it has access to Sheer Force Bolt Strike. It even gets physical BoltBeam Sheer Force thanks to Icicle Crash and, while not Sheer Force boosted, it has access to V-Create. To make things even better, it can set-up with Shift Gear or Coil for bluky. Specially it has access to Sheer Force STAB Hurricanes (oh my), Blue Flare, and some more random coverage moves like Scald, Night Daze, Psystrike (not Sheer Force boosted sadly, but fuk Mega Venu :}}}). Techno Blast can be used if you really want a powerful Ice or Electric move (Water and Fire are covered by Scald and Blue Flare) It also has access to Shell Smash (!!!) and Quiver Dance (!!!!!). So yea, Lando is a huge threat.

xJownage

gonna make a few more sets here:

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear / Shell Smash
- Gear Grind
- Bolt Strike
- Drill Run / Coverage

Well here is an interesting set...defiant shift gear bisharp needs to run a weird set, since it doesn't have a dark STAB. Gear grind, however, is a very good base 100 power steel stab, and can hit very hard. Bolt Strike and Drill Run provide great coverage for this set. Lacking a dark stab sucks, but this thing can still pack quite a punch, especially with its very good speed once set up.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker / Sand Force
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear / Shell Smash
- Drill Run
- Gear Grind
- Bolt Strike

Literally the same moveset as Bisharp, This thing can be a monster in a similar way. It doesn't get Defiant, like bisharp, but its advantages are things like ground stab, being able to outspeed all scarfers, and having two great abilities, being able to absolutely obliterate things in the sand. Mold Breaker can be good as well for hitting pesky levitators with your ground stab. Drill Run isin't the best stab in the world, but it works, and base 80 power isin't that much lower than earthquake's 100.

I am under the assumption Gardevoir gets gen 4 moves, due to its evolution into gallade. Since kirlia would get them, gardevoir would get them too.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Evs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast / Fighting move
- Extrasensory / Psycho Boost

Welcome to wallbreaker city. Or sticky web winner. This thing is just unbelievable with a tail glow behind it. Having a +3 with this thing's power is just unfair, and its hyper voice can destroy even resists with its sheer power. The moveset is the standard gardevoir set anyways, so yeah...no explaining to do to begin with. Psycho boost can be used however as a one time nuke. You usually wont use it more than once to begin with, so its very usable anyways. Its a good thing this still gets hyper voice, otherwise no fairy stab would suck ASS

Landorus-I @ Life orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Evs: 252 Spa / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Searing Shot
- Night Daze
- Sludge Wave / Scald
- Shell Smash / Scald

Yes it has no stab. No, i don't care. This thing has a ton of raw power to begin with, with shell smash this thing becomes a monster capable of OHKOing many pokes with neutral attacks. Modest can be used with smash, but is really not neccessary, this thing more prefers to be a strong attacker with the option to boost and sweep when it wants, effectively making it much more useful against offense while retaining its great stallbreaking abilities. Stored power is an option with shell smash, but has no sheer force boost which can really be bad at times.

I would keep going but this tier is really hard to theorymon for this and i am really tired.

Those are some pretty amazing sets you just threw out there; I think Gens III/V are going to throw out monster setup sweepers. In addition to the sets, you brought up a great point that we should cover.
I am under the assumption Gardevoir gets gen 4 moves, due to its evolution into gallade. Since kirlia would get them, gardevoir would get them too.
I thought that passing moves worked from prevos only (like in STABmons) since a Scyther can't get moves it learned as a Scizor. In terms of OU, Scyther can't learn Bullet Punch. In the same respect, Gardevoir can't learn Gen IV moves since everything from egg to Gardevoir is Gen III. This also means that Chansey can't get Gen II moves (like Heal Bell) while Blissey can. This creates a little give n' take; eviolite for a much better support movepool.

MAMP

MAMP!
Those are some pretty amazing sets you just threw out there; I think Gens III/V are going to throw out monster setup sweepers. In addition to the sets, you brought up a great point that we should cover.

I thought that passing moves worked from prevos only (like in STABmons) since a Scyther can't get moves it learned as a Scizor. In terms of OU, Scyther can't learn Bullet Punch. In the same respect, Gardevoir can't learn Gen IV moves since everything from egg to Gardevoir is Gen III. This also means that Chansey can't get Gen II moves (like Heal Bell) while Blissey can. This creates a little give n' take; eviolite for a much better support movepool.
This is correct; Gardevoir does not get Gen IV moves.

xJownage

Some cool things with ORAS:

Mega Metagross:
Monster in the wings. Still getting meteor mash, as well as knock off for coverage, this is an utterly fearsome dragon dancer. With blaze kick in the 4th slot, it hits almost everything for SE damage and hits extremely hard with tough claws boosted moves. No Psychic Stab, but it doesn't want it with its 4mss anyways. Fearsome sweeper imo.

Mega Lopunny: Close Combat + Last Resort best set imo Close combat is much more reliable than high jump miss, and although it doesn't gain setup, its great speed tier and good coverage are to be feared as usual.

Mega Slowbro: This thing just got really annoying. Gen 1s movepool gives it leech seed just to be that much more annoying, this alongside spore/twave/toxic, confuse ray, and maybe metronome if thats your thing. Twave+confuse ray + Leech Seed + Recovery can be super annoying to face because of the huge bulk.

If you really love water/ground typing, Mega Swampert is your go-to. A bit weird, but can run DD or rain dance to good effect (and if finally gets recovery in slack off for your defensive mon)

Mega Diancie love spamming stuff like diamond storm, precipice blades, and play rough; its physical set is now very good. Lay down some webs and this thing can be a nice pivot (it gets parting shot/ks as well)

The rest of the megas either got shafted or are not that useful, so leaving them out. If Mamp has stuff I missed look out for his post.

Precipice Blades, Dragon Ascent, and Origin Pulse are 3 new really good moves for gen 6 mons, although I have too much to do to list out some sets for them.

MAMP

MAMP!
Hey everyone, I've got an announcement to make:

Sylveon is now banned. Pixilate Boomburst is ridiculously powerful, and when combined with a fantastic set-up move in Geomancy, Spore for easy set-up, and a wide variety of great coverage moves, Sylveon is just too much to handle. It's completely uncounterable, and checks for it are very scarce and unreliable.

ORAS brought a lot of new toys to play with in Genmons. New mega evolutions like Metagross, Slowbro, Swampert, Gallade, Diancie, and Altaria are all potential threats, and Gen VI Pokemon get to use Precipice Blades and Dragon Ascent, two very powerful new moves.

Some cool things with ORAS:

Mega Metagross:
Monster in the wings. Still getting meteor mash, as well as knock off for coverage, this is an utterly fearsome dragon dancer. With blaze kick in the 4th slot, it hits almost everything for SE damage and hits extremely hard with tough claws boosted moves. No Psychic Stab, but it doesn't want it with its 4mss anyways. Fearsome sweeper imo.

Mega Lopunny: Close Combat + Last Resort best set imo Close combat is much more reliable than high jump miss, and although it doesn't gain setup, its great speed tier and good coverage are to be feared as usual.

Mega Slowbro: This thing just got really annoying. Gen 1s movepool gives it leech seed just to be that much more annoying, this alongside spore/twave/toxic, confuse ray, and maybe metronome if thats your thing. Twave+confuse ray + Leech Seed + Recovery can be super annoying to face because of the huge bulk.

If you really love water/ground typing, Mega Swampert is your go-to. A bit weird, but can run DD or rain dance to good effect (and if finally gets recovery in slack off for your defensive mon)

Mega Diancie love spamming stuff like diamond storm, precipice blades, and play rough; its physical set is now very good. Lay down some webs and this thing can be a nice pivot (it gets parting shot/ks as well)

The rest of the megas either got shafted or are not that useful, so leaving them out. If Mamp has stuff I missed look out for his post.

Precipice Blades, Dragon Ascent, and Origin Pulse are 3 new really good moves for gen 6 mons, although I have too much to do to list out some sets for them.
Origin Pulse Clawitzer. Just saying. Admittedly, that's the only pulse move it gets now and I'm not sure if it has any other good attacking moves or w/e, nor does it actually have good bulk, but it has Mega Launcher Origin Pulse.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Thousand Arrows
- filler
- filler

Umm... Birdspam with no counters?

MAMP

MAMP!
Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Thousand Arrows
- filler
- filler

Umm... Birdspam with no counters?
I think this has a lot of potential, perhaps Diamond Storm and Petal Blizzard in the last two slots? Maybe even Water Shuriken.

xJownage

Hey everyone, I've got an announcement to make:

Sylveon is now banned. Pixilate Boomburst is ridiculously powerful, and when combined with a fantastic set-up move in Geomancy, Spore for easy set-up, and a wide variety of great coverage moves, Sylveon is just too much to handle. It's completely uncounterable, and checks for it are very scarce and unreliable.

ORAS brought a lot of new toys to play with in Genmons. New mega evolutions like Metagross, Slowbro, Swampert, Gallade, Diancie, and Altaria are all potential threats, and Gen VI Pokemon get to use Precipice Blades and Dragon Ascent, two very powerful new moves.
thank fucking christ

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extremespeed
- Mach Punch
- Megahorn / Milk Drink

185 Base Attack with priorities. Wow...
more powerful than azumarill. the offensive pressure in this meta could be too much, however, and not allow this thing to set up.

Lol forgot about this...

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Transform
- filler
- filler
- filler

Edit: Oh yeah. This has potential.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Thousand Arrows
- Diamond Storm
- Water Shuriken

Thousand Arrows + Diamond Storm kinda make it a more accurate EdgeQuake and it gets priority.

Edit Again: Is this allowed?

Mamoswine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extremespeed
- Mach Punch
- Ice Shard

Piloswine is from gen 2, but Ice Shard is a gen 4 move. So can Mamoswine learn both gen 2 and gen 4 moves?

Last edited:
Mamoswine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extremespeed
- Mach Punch
- Ice Shard

Piloswine is from gen 2, but Ice Shard is a gen 4 move. So can Mamoswine learn both gen 2 and gen 4 moves?
Seems like it to me.
  • Pokemon can have moves from their pre-evolution's generation as well, but not from their evolution's. For example, Chansey can learn Stealth Rock (a Gen IV move) through Happiny, but it cannot learn Spikes (a Gen II move) through Blissey.
So yeah, Mamoswine gets Gen 2 and Gen 4 moves, but Piloswine doesn't get Gen 4 moves.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Gardevoir is another one ridiculously OP with pixilate boomburst.
68 Atk
85 Def
65 SpA
165 SpD
135 Spe
100 BST

(Just mentioning tho this is not a ban request).
No Unsashed Dragon could survive.

MAMP

MAMP!
Gardevoir is another one ridiculously OP with pixilate boomburst.
68 Atk
85 Def
65 SpA
165 SpD
135 Spe
100 BST

(Just mentioning tho this is not a ban request).
No Unsashed Dragon could survive.
Gardevoir doesn't get Boomburst, as it is a Gen III Pokemon and Boomburst is a Gen VI move.

Suprised nobody brought up mega pidgeot yet. 135 sp atk, may not seem like much, but pidgeot is now the king of coverage. In addition to its hurricane, it now gets fire blast, blizzard, hydro pump, and thunder with perfect accuracy. Hell, you can even run petal dance if you need grass coverage. All that coverage is backed by a speed stat on par with alakazam and greninja.

EDIT:Misread the OP. Apparently this doesn't work like STABmons. Disregard.

Last edited:
I've been having fun with Mega Metagross with Meteor Mash, Knock Off, Will-O-Wisp and Sky Uppercut. I'm thinking of replacing Sky Uppercut with Overheat or Psycho Boost and investing in special attack for a mixed tank of sorts, or Brick Break for a weaker but more reliable move that can break screens, but I like it as it is right now.

Oh, and Choice Band Kingdra with Outrage / Waterfall / Extremespeed / Ice Punch is amazing ;)

Finally, Jolteon with Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Spore, and Fire Blast / Giga Drain is one heck of an amazing Pokemon.

Last edited:
Oh lord, setup sweepers everywhere...

Clefable
might surprisingly be worth using despite the lack of both Moonblast and Calm Mind. Magic Guard sets are obviously garbage now, but it remains the most viable Unaware user in the game thanks to its stellar defensive typing and decent mixed defensive stats. Due to the widespread availability of strong setup moves like Shell Smash, Unaware is more important than ever. The support movepool in Generation 1 and 2 (thanks Cleffa) is quite good as well, with Recover/Milk Drink/Softboiled for recovery, Seismic Toss/Super Fang for consistent damage, Toxic/Leech Seed for passive damage, Protect to stall, Encore/Thunder Wave to cripple a sweeper, or Haze/Whirlwind to negate boosts for the rest of your team to come in safely. Psych-Up/Baton Pass allows you to steal boosts for a Pokemon of your own, or if you don't mind shitty gimmicks, an Amnesia/Harden/Recover/Baton Pass set has the potential to set up without fear of setup sweepers in a similar manner to the Cosmic Power/Stored Power set currently used in OU from time to time, only you then can pass to a setup sweeper of your own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)