locopoke

Banned deucer.
Approved by the tournament dudes

Ghosts of Your Past

General Tournament Guidelines
Sign-ups
Round 1

Introduction

This tournament's will revisit the metagames of some of the more memorable tournaments of 2009. This tournament will allow people who didn't get to participate in the original tournaments to can get another chance, and the ones who enjoyed those tournaments (or who excelled in them) will get another chance to show their stuff.

Format

This is a 64-man tournament. It will revisit metagames from 5 tournaments that took place in 2009. In the first three rounds, 3 tournament metagames will be used. Each matchup will play a different metagame. I will make sure that nobody ends up playing the same metagame 2 rounds in a row. Then, in the quarterfinals, the last 2 metagames will be introducted. The finals will be a best of 5 with all metagames included. By the end of the tournament, the winner and the runner-up will have gotten to play every metagame twice.

The Rules

Now you'll get to look at the rules for the first three tournament metagames so that you can get started on building your teams.

noSTAB Tournament
Original Host: dachickens
Original Thread: Click Here
Previous Winner: Gouki
Rules:

Standard Battling Rules:
  • Evasion Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Soul Dew Clause
  • Anything that is banned from the OU ladder at the beginning of round 1 (Ubers and OU Suspects) will be banned from the entire tournament.
Additional Rules:

• No scouting. Spectating is allowed, but if the players ask you to leave please do so.
  • STAB attacking moves are not allowed. For instance, this means that Salamence can use Dragon Dance, but it cannot use Outrage. Hidden Power is considered whatever type it is, not Normal-type like it is usually considered; for instance Salamence cannot use Hidden Power Dragon but Lickilicky can use it. Moves like Seismic Toss, Endeavor, and Night Shade are allowed on Fighters, Normals, and Ghosts, respectively, since they do not gain extra power from STAB.
  • Pokemon and moves that can change types during the battle are banned. This includes Kecleon, Castform, etc. (like anybody was going to use them...)
The CaP Tournament
Original Host(s): SoT / Kevin_Garrett / Plus / tennisace / Magmortified
Previous Winner: locopoke
Rules:
All CAP Pokemon can be used, including Colossoil
Evasion Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Sleep Clause
Self-KO Clause
Clash of the Titans

Original Host: locopoke
Previous Winner: reachzero
Rules:
Evasion Clause
Extended Game
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Sleep Clause
Self-KO Clause
Species Clause
Timed Battle
Standard Ubers DPP except Arceus is allowed.

Pairings

drcossack vs Krack (CAP)
Stallion vs Fuzznip (Clash of the Titans)
dachickens vs Coronis (noSTAB)
Kevin Garrett vs mohaji (CAP)
Ace Matador. vs reyscarface (Clash of the Titans)
tophway vs zarator (noSTAB)
lati0s vs Gouki (Clash of the Titans)
Frosty vs j. franky (noSTAB)

Deadline - February 2nd

drcossack vs Krack (CAP)
(Dragonknight! vs Stallion) vs Fuzznip (Clash of the Titans)
Ace Matador. vs reyscarface (Clash of the Titans) GO REY!!!
(tophway vs tito) vs zarator (noSTAB) i'll try to get this done soon
(TheFourthChaser vs lati0s) vs Gouki (Clash of the Titans)

I pm'd thefourh chaser, sorry for not doing this sooner, hopefully we'll get it done in a couple of days

drcossack vs Krack (CAP)
(tophway vs tito) vs zarator (noSTAB)

drcossack vs Krack (CAP)

Zak91

Silent waters run deep
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 9 Champion
drcossack vs Krack (CAP)
Ace Matador. vs Reyscarface (Clash of the Titans)

A life as an underdog, lol, this is getting interesting^^ I'll wait for the winner between Tophway and Tito to PM him

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
drcossack vs Krack (CAP)
Ace Matador. vs reyscarface (Clash of the Titans) i am gonna punch rey so hard that his face will need a wheelchair.

Hmm...Coronis...this should be interesting, last tourney battle we had (Sellin' Legends IIRC) came down to 1-0 :P Now let's see if I can escape death by my own tourney idea lol :P I won't be able to play until at least this weekend, just wanted to say that now though.

drcossack vs Krack (CAP)

drcossack vs Krack (CAP)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hmm i already have a team for Clash of the Titans that I deem very good so I hope I beat Dragonknight! I'm on for multiple hours throughout the day, but he always happens to be on either at like 4 AM on a work day or like 8 AM when I'm on the bus to work :(. If you could go on like a few hours later (or earlier depending on how you look at it) seeing as I work alot that would be sweet :)

drcossack vs Krack (CAP)
Kevin Garrett vs mohaji (CAP) Good Luck Man!

I've build my team already, I'll contact Kevin Garret now but I think this wouldn't be a problem to do because I see him alot on smogon and on IRC.

Good Luck and have Fun to all of you!

drcossack vs Krack (CAP) - I'm going for the upset since I've honestly never seen each of them (especially Krack) get even near to CAP battling.
(Dragonknight! vs Stallion) vs Fuzznip (Clash of the Titans) - ugh, not sure.
dachickens vs Coronis (noSTAB) - will be pretty ironic if Dachickens gets beaten at his own game :x
Kevin Garrett vs mohaji (CAP) - never seen both play CAP, so just a guess.
Ace Matador. vs reyscarface (Clash of the Titans) - let's face it, am's just good at ubers like that.
(tophway vs tito) vs zarator (noSTAB) - I have no clue.
(TheFourthChaser vs lati0s) vs Gouki (Clash of the Titans) - just a guess, since I've never seen all three of them play Ubers.
Frosty vs j. franky (noSTAB) - just a guess.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Left a VM for krack a few days ago, no response. Since he may not have seen it, I'm going to PM him.

Anyway, predictions - if both are bolded, I have no idea. Here they are though:

drcossack vs Krack (CAP) - good luck. I plan on seeing what the last two metagames are though :)
(Dragonknight! vs Stallion) vs Fuzznip (Clash of the Titans) - Stallion wins his CAP match v Dragonknight, and for whoever gets to play Fuzznip: no idea, can't recall seeing any of these guys in Ubers
dachickens vs Coronis (noSTAB) - tempted to go with the guy who came up with this tourney, but Coronis takes it
Kevin Garrett vs mohaji (CAP) - I have no idea, I don't think I've ever seen either of them play CAP
lati0s vs Gouki (Clash of the Titans) - I don't think lati0s is that good in Ubers, but he's definitely got more experience than Gouki.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
i beat reyscarface in a battle where my speedy mexican mice haxed him a little, although i can't be certain if he actually had the stuff he said. fun game none the less, gg rey.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Lost to last turn freeze, though I got a crit earlier in the game on his Groudon, but he also got a crit on my Kyogre. Oh well thats pokemon. gg am and good luck in future rounds.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ugh I get up really really early to try and catch Dragonknight but I think I missed him by a matter of minutes >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)