Greatness in a cinderblock

As the smart people reading this might have guessed, this is an rmt involving Conkeldurr. It doesn't necessarily revolve around him, but he is a star player.
I'm having trouble deciding who a lead should be, so please voice your opinion.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs

Modest
Levitate
Moves:
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Surf
60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe

This is one of my two main candidates for a lead. His ideology is to rip apart pokes in a kind of hit-and-run sort of thing to rip apart the opposing leads from the start. His Specs Draco Meteor will OHKO a Hippowdon (I'm fairly certain) and will kill a lot of stuff. D Pulse is there so if I don't feel like lowering my SpA or attempt a sweep and stuff later on. Flamethrower hits Steels like Ferrothorn SE and Surf rounds off the coverage hitting Heatran. The EVs are to max SpA and to outspeed those who cap at 280.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers

Relaxed
Iron Barbs
Moves:
Spikes / Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Gyro Ball
Power Whip
252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD (and a 0 IV in Speed)

This is my second candidate for a possible lead. I'm not sure whether to use Spikes or SR. Spikes hit most pokes for solid damage and can be stacked, but SR hits Flying types which my team is not a big fan of. Anyway, Leech Seed is there to heal me better and Gyro Ball and Power Whip are there as powerful STABs. Just a pretty generic Ferrothorn, really.

Magnezone @ Air Balloon

Timid
Magnet Pull
Moves:
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Fire)
Flash Cannon
40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe

This guy is the most controversial guy on my team. On paper he sounds great, but in reality, he sucks. What I was going for when I thought him up was that he was my Excadrill counter. I switch him in on an EQ or a Swords Dance and then I use HP Fire to either kill or weaken it enough to hit with a Mach Punch. However, usually he gets switched in on something dumb like a Bronzong's Gyro Ball which (while dealing very little damage) breaks my Air Balloon and just screams "Earthquake me". I don't know what else to use because he also counters bulky waters which my "sweepers" hate. Substitute is there to get a free sub up on a Banded Scizor's BP to help against the next poke. Tbolt and HP Fire are there to hit Steels, and Flash Cannon is there to spread coverage to Ttar and Dragons. The EVs max SpA and let me outspeed SD Scizor.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf

Jolly
Justified
Moves:
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Earthquake
X-Scissor
44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe

This is my revenge killer. He still has a huge Attack stat even when not boosted by a nature. The 4 moves provide perfect coverage and give him 2 strong STABs. The EVs are so he can outspeed +2 Cloyster, the people who use the Smogon set for Scarfed Terrakion, and Scarfed Chomp all by less than 3 points. He is stellar and fast and strong and amounts to half of this team's greatness.

Starmie @ Life Orb

Timid
Natural Cure
Moves:
Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

This is my clean-up sweeper. After Hydreigon has had his fun with his Draco Meteors, Starmie comes in and sweeps up the trash that's left. Plus they share great type synergy. The moves provide perfect coverage and hit hard. Just a generic Starmie really. If you don't know a Starmie like this's function, then you must not know pokemon very well.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers

Adamant
Guts
Moves:
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Payback
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

Finally. The poke you've all been waiting for (I doubt you actually have been waiting for it). Conkeldurr is a boss and rips stuff apart. Bulk Up is to raise Atk and Def blah blah blah you get it. Drain Punch restores my health and Mach Punch is necessary priority. Payback hits obnoxious Ghosts and Flyings. The EVs make me bulky all around and let me hit hard. Guts lets me switch into Scalds, Toxics, and Will-o-wisps and not care.

That's my team and I think it could definitely use some improving, especially on the Magnezone, Ferrothorn entry hazards, and lead poke. Thanks for rating my team!

Fist off, if hydreigon is gonna be your lead, it really needs something to take out ttar. Surf wont do the job, sadly. I would throw on focus miss, even though it got that name for a reason. And replace either draco or dragon pulse with dark pulse. Then youll have amazing coverage. With specs, dragon pulse will be doing enough to suffice and hippo still wont do crap to you.. Next, i like magnezone, you just seem to be throwing it out not very carefully. Dont switch in to a bronzong, especially if excadrill is still alive. With team preview, you can easily pick what it needs to do and save it for that. Stealth rock over spikes on ferrothorn and expert belt ove life orb on starmie. Makes people thinks its choiced, and you get switches in your favor. Its worked for me. Also, on conkeldurr i use an ev spread like this: 252 atk, 136 sdef, rest in hp. Makes it able to survive a draco meteor from latios then kill with payback.

Fist off, if hydreigon is gonna be your lead, it really needs something to take out ttar. Surf wont do the job, sadly. I would throw on focus miss, even though it got that name for a reason. And replace either draco or dragon pulse with dark pulse. Then youll have amazing coverage. With specs, dragon pulse will be doing enough to suffice and hippo still wont do crap to you.. Next, i like magnezone, you just seem to be throwing it out not very carefully. Dont switch in to a bronzong, especially if excadrill is still alive. With team preview, you can easily pick what it needs to do and save it for that. Stealth rock over spikes on ferrothorn and expert belt ove life orb on starmie. Makes people thinks its choiced, and you get switches in your favor. Its worked for me. Also, on conkeldurr i use an ev spread like this: 252 atk, 136 sdef, rest in hp. Makes it able to survive a draco meteor from latios then kill with payback.
I think I'm gonna use Ferrothorn as my lead, because I don't want to change up my Hydreigon's moveset that much. Also he doesn't outspeed too many common non-bulky leads. I think that idea about the expert belt on Starmie is interesting and I'll try that. Any specific reason as to why SR over Spikes? Also with my current Conkeldurr's EV spread, he can take all hits overall better as opposed to just special ones, but I have another Conk like that that I might try too.

I think replacing Magnezone with a Rotom forme is probably the best option. Rotom-W should survive Rock Slide with a Bulky spread and can Burn Excadrill or OHKO with Hydro Pump. It also handily beats most bulky waters, which is always nice. The ground immunity is obviously useful too. Also, I think that Conkeldurr Survives +2 EQ at full health, in which case Drain Punch is the better option vs. Excadrill. That may only be bulkier spreads though.

Conkledurr does not survive +2 EQ at full health.
Magnezone should be replaced by Rotom-W, though.
Leads are obsolete now, btw.

Definitely have Ferrothorn first and put Stealth Rocks on him. Have Rotom-W instead of Magnezone, since with him, you have a pretty big weakness to fighting. Expert Belt on Starmie. Everything i just said has already been stated, so i didn't really contribute, but this team seems pretty solid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)