Ground types on the hunt

Hello everyone! I am Moe1216, though I will be going by Demitri in this battle. I recently started playing PO to get a good look at the new Gen V pokemon and the improved old gen pokemon we all know and love, or in some cases hate. Anyway, this is a battle I had against Darkon.

My Team:

My Comments will be in Green.
The Score will be in Red.
Leftovers and SS damage will be taken out.

Battle between Darkon and Demitri started!

Tier: Dream World
Variation: +14, -17
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause

Demitri sent out Nidoking!
Darkon sent out Forretress!
vs.

My opponent starts off with Forretress, a popular bug/steel who got a jump this gen thanks to sturdy now acting like a Focus Sash. Nidoking is Scarfed and uses Encourage for a boost. I knew he was going to start setting up hazards so I let loose Flamethrower to hit him hard.

Start of turn 1
Nidoking used Flamethrower!
It's super effective!
The foe's Forretress lost 99% of its health!
The foe's Forretress held on thanks to Sturdy!

The foe's Forretress used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Demitri's team!

vs.

Darkon got the SR set up, which won't be much of a problem since all my poke resist rock. With Forretress down to one, I remembered watching a battle in which the lead Forretress was holding a Custap Berry and Exploded to KO his opponent so he'd go down with it. With this in mind I decided to switch to Hippowdon to be safe.

Start of turn 2
Demitri called Nidoking back!
Demitri sent out Hippowdon!
Pointed stones dug into Hippowdon!

Hippowdon's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
The foe's Forretress ate its Custap Berry!
The foe's Forretress is already preparing its next move!
The foe's Forretress used Explosion!
The foe's Forretress fainted!
Hippowdon lost 127 HP! (33% of its health)
vs.
X

Current Score: 6-5 Demitri
Darkon sent out Shandera!
vs.

As many of you already know about Shandera, it is the #1 used Pokemon of the current metagame with a whopping 145 SPA. I got worried because Shandera can also run Energy Ball and hit my team hard for SE damage. Hoping all the special defense EVs I put into Hippowdon and that it wasn't Specsdera I decided to go for an Earthquake since he wasn't holding a balloon and it was my only attacking move.

Start of turn 3
The foe's Shandera used Energy Ball!
It's super effective!
Hippowdon lost 226 HP! (59% of its health)

Hippowdon used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Shandera lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Shandera fainted!
vs.
X
Current Score: 6-4 Demitri
Darkon sent out Kojondo!
vs.

Darkon brings in Kojondo, a powerful fighting type and the 2nd fastest of his type below Infernape and the Fighting Legendaries. I predicted Fake Out with a Life Orb due to it's popularity, so I decided to switch back to Nidoking, because I felt I could use Hippowdon later in case of emergencies and because Nidoking resists fighting moves after Fake out is used up.

Start of turn 4
Demitri called Hippowdon back!
Pointed stones dug into Nidoking!

The foe's Kojondo used Fake Out!
Nidoking lost 69 HP! (22% of its health)
vs.

Nidoking comes back in and is raring to go. Since I was scarfed, I knew I was going to be faster and decided to use FT in case Darkon switches to a pokemon to protect his frail fighting type.
Start of turn 5
Darkon called Kojondo back!
Darkon sent out STANDARD! (Hippowdon)

Nidoking used Flamethrower!
The foe's STANDARD lost 25% of its health!
vs.

I was right about the prediction, but wrong about the poke he'd switch to. Hippowdon's bulk shrugged off my attack and I knew an EQ was coming to knock out Nidoking, so I had to make the choice to bring in my own Hippo as a meat shield.
Start of turn 6
Demitri called Nidoking back!
Demitri sent out Hippowdon!
Pointed stones dug into Hippowdon!

The foe's STANDARD used Earthquake!
Hippowdon lost 27 HP! (7% of its health)
Hippowdon fainted!
X
vs.

Current Score: 5-4 Demitri

Hippowdon: You made me a meat shield!
Demitri: Yep :D
Hippowdon: DAMN YOU!

Demitri sent out Gamageroge!
Pointed stones dug into Gamageroge!
vs.

I hated doing it, but sacrificing Hippo was the only I could keep Nido alive without risking the others. With Gama out now, I can hit Hippowdon for SE damage with Surf, but I felt something was up so I went with Surf anyway.
Start of turn 7
Darkon called STANDARD back!
Darkon sent out Ditto!

The foe's Ditto transformed into Gamageroge!
Gamageroge used Surf!
The foe's Ditto's Water Absorb made the attack useless!
vs.

Ever hear the saying "Sometimes your greatest foe is yourself?" Well it fits here too well thanks to Scarfed Ditto. Not only does he now know Gama was Water Absorb, but he also knows he carries Grass Knot, which is for bulky Water types like Swampert. Fortunately, I'm carrying a Rindo Berry in case this ever happens or I come across an annoying grass type.
Start of turn 8
The foe's Ditto used Grass Knot!
It's super effective!
Gamageroge's Rindo Berry weakened Grass Knot's power!
Gamageroge lost 168 HP! (47% of its health)
Gamageroge used Grass Knot!
It's super effective!
The foe's Ditto lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Ditto fainted!
vs.
X

Current Score:5-3 Demitri
Darkon sent out Kojondo!
vs.

With Scarf Ditto gone, a big threat is done with, but I came to the realization that he may be carrying Doryuzu if he also has Hippowdon on his team. I keep Gamageroge in to see if he can get a hit on Kojondo if he can stand the incoming Fake Out and Hi Jump Kick that is sure to follow.
Start of turn 9
Gamageroge lost 80 HP! (22% of its health)

Gamageroge flinched!

The sandstorm rages!
vs.

Now that Gama has survived a FO, hopefully Kojondo's accuracy will be off and I can KO it after it hurts itself with Surf.
Start of turn 10
The foe's Kojondo used Hi Jump Kick!
A critical hit!
Gamageroge lost 82 HP! (23% of its health)
Gamageroge fainted!
X
vs.

Current Score: 4-3 Demitri

Gamageroge:.......
Demitri: What, no witty remark?
Gamageroge:.......I'm hungry?
Demitri: *Face palm*

The sandstorm rages!
Pointed stones dug into Nidoking!
vs.

Well that didn't end well for Gama. Still, with Nidoking back in I can hit hard using Encourage again. Knowing he still has Hippowdon, I predicted a switch to the hippo himself and used Ice Beam.
Start of turn 11
Darkon called Kojondo back!
Darkon sent out STANDARD! (Hippowdon)

Nidoking used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's STANDARD lost 49% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
vs.

The prediction paid off and Hippowdon got hit hard enough that one more Ice Beam will KO it. I still haven't seen the mole if he has it, but I'm still going to be careful. I go for the IB and hope for a KO.
Start of turn 12
Nidoking used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's STANDARD lost 43% of its health!
The foe's STANDARD fainted!
vs.
X
Current Score: 4-2 Demitri
The sandstorm rages!
Darkon sent out Kojondo!
vs.

Kojondo is brought back in and still annoying as ever due to the fact he can use FO again to pick away at my health. I'm still stuck due to my Scarf so I decide to take the damage instead of switch to keep the other three on my team healthy.
Start of turn 13
Nidoking lost 71 HP! (23% of its health)

Nidoking flinched!

The sandstorm rages!
vs.

Now that FO is used I can hit with IB and wear him down until Kojondo is mo'.
Start of turn 14
Nidoking used Ice Beam!
The foe's Kojondo lost 66% of its health!

The foe's Kojondo used Stone Edge!
The attack of the foe's Kojondo missed!

Nidoking: That was terrible.
Demitri: What was?
Nidoking: That pitiful excuse of a joke.
Demitri: I thought it was funny.
Nidoking: This coming from the guy with no sense of humor.
Demtiri: -__- Just shut up and fight.

The sandstorm rages!
vs.

Kojondo has been weakened and is in KO range. If it is knocked out, he'll down to one, but I still have a bad feeling that it's the mole.

Start of turn 15
Nidoking used Ice Beam!
The foe's Kojondo lost 11% of its health!
The foe's Kojondo fainted!
vs.
X
Current Score:4-1 Demitri
The sandstorm rages!
Darkon sent out Doryuuzu!
The foe's Doryuuzu is floating on a balloon!
vs.

As Tristan from YGOTAS always says "Holy #$%@ on a #$%@ sandwich!" I was right. With the sand out this guy is the fastest pokemon on the field and with the Balloon he's immune to ground moves until he's hit by an attack. Nidoking is done for so I keep him in so that next turn I can enact Operation: Anti-mole.
Start of turn 16
The foe's Doryuuzu used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
Nidoking lost 126 HP! (41% of its health)
Nidoking fainted!
X
vs.

Current Score: 3-1 Demitri

Nidoking: You're just hell bent on saying these crappy jokes, aren't you?
Demitri: Yep. :)
Nidoking: .........Someone kill me.
Doryuuzu: I'm happy to oblige.

The sandstorm rages!
Demitri sent out Claydol!
Pointed stones dug into Claydol!

vs.

Claydol's role on my team is to set up TR, which from experience screws over the super fast metagame going on right now. Fortunately, Darkon didn't set up and took Nidoking out right from the get go. Hopefull, Claydol can withstand the incoming X-Scissor I know the mole has packing.
Start of turn 17
The foe's Doryuuzu used X-Scissor!
It's super effective!
Claydol lost 190 HP! (58% of its health)

Claydol used Trick Room!
Claydol twisted the dimensions!

The sandstorm rages!
vs.

Success. TR is up, but Doryuzuu still has the balloon, I don't want to waste this chance on Stone Edge's poor accuracy, so my best option is to use Explosion to get rid of the balloon.
Start of turn 18
Claydol used Explosion!
Claydol fainted!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Doryuuzu lost 41% of its health!
The foe's Doryuuzu's Balloon popped!

The foe's Doryuuzu used X-Scissor!
But there was no target...
X
vs.

Current Score: 2-1 Demitri
Claydol: I hate you.
Demitri: Get in line. Hippowdon got first dibs.

The sandstorm rages!
Demitri sent out Rhyperior!
Pointed stones dug into Rhyperior!
vs.

Now with the balloon gone and TR up, Rhyperior is set to finish off the mole. I go with FP just for the hell of it and because that mole has pissed me off so many times.

Start of turn 19
Rhyperior used Fire Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Doryuuzu lost 58% of its health!
The foe's Doryuuzu fainted!
vs.
X
Demitri won the battle!
Final Score:2-0 Demitri

Demitri:Victory!
Rhyperior: Is Mine!
Demitri: What?
Rhyperior: I won that battle.
Demitri: I'm the trainer!
Rhyperior: I'm the one who can make a flaming fist, jagged rocks, and make the earth quake. You really want to argue with me!?
Demitri:no...........
Garchomp: At least you did something.
Rhyperior: Shut it ya shark wannabe.

I managed to come out on top in the end despite the arrival of the mole, but still could've done better in that battle.

Pros: *Managed to counter Doryuzu and Scarf Ditto.
*Hippowdon survived and beat Shandera.

Cons: Should've switched Gama out when Kojondo was coming in with HJK.

Hope you enjoyed it. If not, oh well. Can't make everyone happy.

Darkon's team:

'Just incase something weird happens like he avoids the EQ'

What?

But other than that it was a pretty good read. Funnily enough, I don't think Gama needed that Rindo berry to take care of Ditto. Would've taken 94% from what I can tell. Take that ditto you frail bastard.

Yay mono-ground! Nice warstory, but wasn't that exciting. Coulda used more conflict instead of you staying in control throughout.

7.5/10

I agree with Venser. I enjoyed it enough, but not enough suspense. Props to having control over the entire fight.

7.5/10

Agreed with sharktamer on this one. Even though it was pretty straightforward and by no means an epic battle, this is my favorite 5th gen warstory so far. I liked the commentary and the layout.

Thanks a bunch for the read and I can't wait to see more of them :D 8/10

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
More B/W warstories should be like this. I'd prefer a more exciting battle, but you did well nonetheless.

Thank you guys for the positive feedback! I'll make sure to make another one if I partake in an epic battle.

This is awesome. Good Battle, Good Comments, Good Prediction, Good Humor.

Poor wannabe shark... :D

This was fun to read. The Rindo on Gama for Ditto, and Trick Rooming Doryuuzu, both of those were great moments. The dialogue between you and your Pokémon was amusing.

Poor Garchomp... Nobody wants you. Xp

'Just incase something weird happens like he avoids the EQ'

What?

But other than that it was a pretty good read. Funnily enough, I don't think Gama needed that Rindo berry to take care of Ditto. Would've taken 94% from what I can tell. Take that ditto you frail bastard.
Thing is, can you count on Gama having enough HP to begin with? Lefties are great, sure. But given Ditto's niche as a Revenge Killer, chances are your toad has already taken damage.

~Evex

your opponent actualy made a few mistake. He dont put 2 layer of hazard and just explode directly

Nice warstory, very well written, and i like when the poke's talk :D.
The battle itself wasn't that exciting, apparently you always had your opponent on your hand and never lost control; so props to you for this, and for using Trick Room.

Did anyone else notice that the color of his comment text changes a bit through?

That aside, i thought this was a pretty cool warstory. My favorite part was definitely trick rooming that doryuuzu. I am a big fan of less conventional strategies like trick room and weather teams. Also, an all ground team must be pretty hard to pull of.

Did anyone else notice that the color of his comment text changes a bit through?

That aside, i thought this was a pretty cool warstory. My favorite part was definitely trick rooming that doryuuzu. I am a big fan of less conventional strategies like trick room and weather teams. Also, an all ground team must be pretty hard to pull of.
Less conventional? Try the metagame standard. My trick room team works well in PO Wifi, but only because a vast majority of teams being used on there are Sandstorm or Hail teams.

Well, while I thought the jokes were lame I can appreciate your good enthusiasm, as I enjoyed the story in the end. Well done.

6.8/10

The warstory was fun, enjoyable, and you made good predictions. I loved it when you were talking to your Pokémon. 'Twas humorous. :D

8 // 10

@Rotom-S/Balloon it definitely isn't easy anymore. Jaroda, Politoed, suicune, vaporeon and even other ground types like Hippowdon give me problems, but that's why I keep tweaking the team over and over until I can counter them.

@SwiftEvader It can, but Gama doesn't have great bulk and STAB EQ from Hippo can hurt like hell, which can possibly 2HKO it, making if difficult especially if I switch it in mid-attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)